We investigate just how effective and safe this dietary supplement from Creative Bioscience really is.
30 Day Diet Pros
- Some clinically proven ingredients
30 Day Diet Cons
- Some ineffective ingredients
- Possible negative side effects
- Negative reviews
30 Day Diet Review
30 Day Diet Facts
- Manufactured by Creative Bioscience
- 60 capsules per bottle- 30 day supply
- Intended for short term use and quick weight loss
The 30 day diet program by Creative Bioscience is a course of diet pills that lasts for one month, which is intended to be used in conjunction with a diet 1500 calories per day in 3 meals and 2 snacks, made up of protein, fruit & veggies, dairy, and grains.
Rather than focusing upon long term weight loss, this product is aimed at people who are looking to lose weight quickly, perhaps for an event or short personal deadline. The diet pill aids weight loss in several different ways, including suppressing the appetite, increasing energy levels, boosting the metabolism and increasing fat oxidation. By working in several different ways, weight loss is likely to be more pronounced, especially over just a few weeks.
Creative Bioscience recommend drinking plenty of water throughout the day whilst using the 30 Day Diet pills. This is likely for a few reasons; being fully hydrated is important for numerous bodily functions, including maintaining a high metabolic rate. Drinking water often is also great for suppressing the appetite, as it is a calorie free way of temporarily filling the stomach, warding off hunger. Finally, staying well-hydrated also prevents water retention and bloating, therefore making the dieter look slimmer. Whilst this is all excellent advice, we can not help but feel that they are trying to decrease the user’s appetite through water consumption, to make up for potential inadequacies in their own product.
Creative Bioscience provide a phone number to contact them, and their physical address and contact email address is listed on their contact page.
30 Day Diet Concerns:
- Possible unpleasant side effects
- Possible weight regain after crash dieting
- Short term diet aid, not long term or healthy weight loss
What Does 30 Day Diet Claim To Do?
30 Day’s carefully chosen herbal extracts are designed to help you feel less hunger, feel full longer, and have more energy for your day even while you are eating less. Some retailers promote that the product is designed to “help you lose 1 lb a day”, which seems unrealistic.
So What Is 30 Day Diet and What Are The Ingredients For 30 Day Diet?
30 Day Diet has a variety of active ingredients, as well as a Vitamin C, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12.
- Lychee Extract (200 mg): One study in humans with metabolic syndrome has strongly suggested that Lychee extract can play a significant role in weight loss. Whilst the study was small and preliminary, with only 18 participants, the results showed after 10 weeks of twice daily consumption that body weight, abdominal circumference and visceral fat volume were all significantly decreased in the lychee consuming group compared to the control group. Further research is required in the general population before its effectiveness is fully established.
- Raspberry Ketone (200 mg): Whilst there is a small amount of evidence that raspberry ketones can cause weight loss in rats, there have never been any human trials on the potential weight loss effects of raspberry ketone. The safety of using such large quantities of raspberry ketone has also never been fully researched.
- African Mango extract (300 mg): This is thought by some to be an appetite suppressant, thanks to the fibre content in the seed. However, studies are limited, and many have been funded by supplement makers, which always brings into question the validity of the study.
- Caffeine from Guarana Seed and Caffeine Anhydrous (200mg): Caffeine is a stimulant that has been found to increase both the metabolism and rate of fat oxidation in the body, in the 3 hours following consumption. The increase in fat oxidation is highest in the third hour following consumption, and is higher in people of a normal weight than in obese people who participated in studies. Caffeine is also associated with various side effects, depending upon how much is consumed.
- Citrus aurantium (30mg): Also known as Bitter Orange Extract, this ingredient contains synephrine. A review of numerous studies concluded that use of synephrine resulted in an increase to the participants resting metabolic rate and energy expenditure, and moderate weight loss was seen in studies lasting over 6 weeks. The Mayo Clinic states that the risk of serious side effects outweighs any benefits in aiding weight loss.
- Green tea extract: Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a very low calorie diet.
- Chromium Picolinate: This is used primarily to lower fasting blood sugar levels and to lower insulin levels in people who have type 2 diabetes. In terms of its potential effect upon weight loss, it is possible that taking chromium picolinate by mouth for 2 to 3 months might produce a small weight loss of about 1.1 kg. Obviously this is an incredibly small amount of weight loss, but studies are still inconclusive.
So What Does All This Mean?
The ingredients in 30 Day Diet pills offer a mixed bag.
Raspberry Ketone has only had a few studies on rats and no human-based clinical studies linking it with any weight loss. African Mango has also been under-researched, especially in independent clinical trials, and yet the diet pill industry often claims that it is a miracle ingredient in the fight against fat. The one trial associated with Lychee extract is promising, but this is the only one.
Green tea, caffeine and Citrus Aurantium all have large amounts of clinical evidence to suggest that they do increase the body’s metabolic rate and their use leads to an increased rate of weight loss. However, as discussed below, there are serious side effects associated with citrus aurantium.
Does 30 Day Diet Have Any Side Effects?
Some customers have mentioned in their reviews that they experienced some side effects. These customers seem to be in the minority based upon the available reviews. Side effects included stomach cramps, dizziness, weight gain, shaking, a lethargic feeling, nausea, and diarrhoea.
Citrus Aurantium is known to have numerous side effects associated with its use, including increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, increased heart rate, and in some cases, stroke and heart attacks in healthy people. The side effects of Citrus Aurantium are exacerbated by the consumption of caffeine and other stimulants; caffeine is another ingredient present in 30 Day Diet pills.
Caffeine carries its own set of possible side effects, which are usually associated with excess consumption. The amount of caffeine in each daily serving of 30 Day Diet pills is 200 mg, about the same as two cups of coffee; consumers should monitor their caffeine consumption from other sources to avoid side effects. Side effects of caffeine range in severity, and include headaches, dehydration, fainting, jitteriness, increased blood pressure, nausea, and insomnia.
Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Any 30 Day Diet Reviews From Customers?
There are numerous reviews that customers have left on both the Walgreens’ website and on Amazon. Reviews are mixed, with some customers losing large amounts of weight whilst others lose nothing or even put on weight.
One customer wrote:
I started taking this product on 12/29/2012 I have lost 10 pounds since then and today is 1/12/2013 quite impressive I also go to the gym 3 to 4 time a week and I eat quite healthy and I follow the diet restrictions within the guide that comes with the product. Although the 1200 calories per day is not a lot this gives you an appetite suppressant as well so you don’t even get hungry. A must buy if you ask me!
Another agreed, writing:
I’ve read reviews of this not working. I don’t understand how some people are not losing weight. I stayed on this for 20 days and lost 20 pounds. I did not work out, just ate what I was supposed to on this diet. The only reason I stopped was because Thanksgiving was the next day and I was not going to miss it. It honestly suppressed my appetite and I did not feel hungry at all.
The customers who seem to have had the most success all comment upon how much their appetite has been suppressed, allowing them to follow a low calorie diet without being hampered by a huge appetite and hunger cravings. However, there are numerous reviews that have us concerned about the product, and the sellers on Amazon who are offering the product.
One customer wrote:
If you do your research on these pills and look at other sites that lets customers review the product you will see on many of them (at least 5) where someone is writing multiple reviews on the exact same day, pretending to be different people. I can only assume this is someone from the company. When a company has to go to those lengths to make people think their product works then it’s probably something to stay away from.
Whilst we were unable to find any reviews that matched this description, this is a known problem with diet pill reviews on Amazon, and customers should always be cautious about which reviews they trust.
Some customers through Amazon have complained that the products they received were nearly past their expiry date. Others have received bottles that were already open, with tablets that were of differing shades within the pack. The product should be “tan” coloured according to one review, but the customer’s bottle contained tablets that were turning white.
These problems may be because third party sellers are buying the product in bulk and reselling at a cheaper price than Creative Bioscience can offer for a single bottle. If customers want the offer of a 30 day money back guarantee, as well as proper customer service from Creative Bioscience themselves, they should make sure they are buying from a retailer that is officially linked with Creative Bioscience.
So Does 30 Day Diet Work?
The huge claims of losing 1lb a day whilst using 30 day diet pills are unrealistic and for most people unachievable. The only people who may achieve results even nearing this number would be undertaking huge amounts of exercise daily, as well as eating a very low calorie diet, on top of using diet pills.
For many people who are following a strict low calorie diet, 30 Day Diet pills do seem to aid many by suppressing their appetite. The ingredients profile would also suggest that the diet pills should have some fat burning ability, although this is harder to quantify without specific clinical studies that focus upon 30 Day Diet pills, rather than their individual ingredients.
However, other reviews clearly show that this product does not yield results for everyone, and that many people are unsatisfied with the product. This may be because of other factors, including diet and exercise, as well as the starting weight of each dieter. The number of disappointed customers would suggest that whilst the product has some weight loss potential, it does not show significant results in all cases.
Where Can I Buy 30 Day Diet?
The 30 Day Diet pills are available from the official Creative Bioscience website. There is a sliding price scale depending upon how many bottles are being purchased. One bottle costs $44.95, which is discounted from the original price of $59.95, whilst four bottles costs $91.45, a saving of $148.35. There are also offers available for one bottle of 30 day diet and one bottle of a complimentary product, 30 Night Diet, at a reduced rate when purchased together. The website offers free shipping within the USA.
30 Day Diet can also be purchased at Walgreens, Sprouts Farmers Market and a number of other US based retailers.
Possibly the best price available for a single bottle is from Amazon, which is currently offering a bottle of 60 capsules for $13.00. However, customers have reported various problems with the products received when purchasing through Amazon, as it is through a third party. Products purchased through Amazon are not included in the 30 day money back guarantee that Creative Bioscience offer.
What About A Guarantee
Creative Bioscience offer a 100% 30 day money back guarantee for all of their products ONLY if purchased directly. Purchases through Amazon do not have appear to have the money-back guarantee.
The biggest problem we have with 30 Day Diet pills is their sales through Amazon. These are not affiliated with the actual manufacturer Creative Bioscience, and have caused numerous customers problems. Whilst they are selling 30 Day Diet pills at a cheaper price than elsewhere, products purchased through amazon are not subject to the 30 day money back guarantee that is offered.
In terms of the actual product, it seems promising, but any significant weight loss results are more likely to be due to the calorie restricted diet program that Creative Bioscience provide with all of their products. The diet pills also contain ingredients that may not contribute much to weight loss.
The short term nature of this diet pill also concerns us. Usually any significant weight loss that is achieved over a short period of time will affect the body’s metabolic rate negatively, which often leads to weight regain after the crash diet phase is over. Diet pill users should instead consider looking at longer term alternatives, which will result in more permanent weight loss.
Customer reviews are mixed, with some customers loving the product whilst others find it makes no difference to their weight loss attempts. Overall, this, along with the side effects that customers have reported, makes 30 Day Diet pills too risky to recommend as a good weight loss aid.
We reject 30-day Diet.