When you are looking to build muscle and train hard, a product that can help your energy levels and strength seems like a tempting idea. BELDT Force Thermogenic contains a range of stimulants and amino acids to help you maximise the effects of your workout and help you get a well-toned body.
Force Thermogenic Pros
- Reasonably priced
- Some people have felt that it has helped them lose weight
Force Thermogenic Cons
- Contains potentially dangerous ingredients
- Side effects are a common problem
- Advertised as suitable for athletes but ingredients may make you fail a doping test
BELDT Force Thermogenic Review
BELDT Force Thermogenic Facts
- BELDT products are made by SkyHook Nutrition, LLC
- Contains 60 capsules per tub – one month’s supply
- Supplement contains ingredients that cause side effects
Here at the Watchdog, we had not really considered cage fighting as anything to aspire to, so a diet pill that uses this image as advertising is likely to be a bit different to the run of the mill diet pills that we usually see.
BELDT Force Thermogenic contains some dodgy looking ingredients including Synephrine and Yohimbine so you can expect some strong stimulant effects, which will not suit everyone.
BELDT Force Thermogenic is supposed to enhance strength and performance as well as burn fat. According to the advertising on the Amazon website, it is;
Specially designed to intensify the activation of muscular contractions, as well as simultaneously break down, block and burn fat for much more taut and explosive (“spring-loaded”) muscular action.
We are amazed that a supplement can make all this happen and of course, it cannot. However, the idea is that you take BELDT Force Thermogenic in combination with your work out routine and it will enhance your performance so lead to this improved athletic performance.
How to Take BELDT Force Thermogenic
To use BELDT Force Thermogenic take 2 capsules 30-45 minutes before exercise. You can also take 2 capsules on non work out days, first thing in the morning and on an empty stomach.
Do not take this supplement in combination with other stimulants and do not exceed the dose of 2 capsules within 24 hours.
You are advised to take a two-week break from using every five to six weeks and to ensure you take 120 oz of water a day while you are taking the capsules.
BELDT Force Thermogenic is made by SkyHook Nutrition, LLC an American company based in Las Angeles California. According to PR sources, this company specialises in
superior quality dietary supplements for the Force Performance Athlete (Fighters, Power lifters etc) whose training requires much more explosive action than the average athlete.
In addition, the company claims to be a sponsor of the American College of Sports Medicine. However, we were unable to find SkyHook or BELDT in any list of sponsors for this organisation.
Despite the fact that all this makes this company sound huge, we found that it is actually a small concern and according to business directory sources was founded in 2011 and employs just 2-4 people.
The president of “business and sales” is James Atkins and he has been answering customer questions on the Amazon site – where the company carry out all of its sales.
Other products in the BELDT range are aimed at the same client base of fighters. These are CRUSCH – a Creatine supplement designed “to trigger gains in muscular strength, endurance, recovery and size,” and PULSS a “Nitric Oxide Load” which contains “nitric oxide triggers specially designed to incite tighter, denser muscular pumps, fuller vascularity and shorter recovery.”
BELDT Force Thermogenic Concerns:
- May cause a serious reaction if you are allergic to aspirin
- Lacks clinical evidence that proves it will work as described
- Consumer feedback very mixed
What Does BELDT Force Thermogenic Claim To Do?
According to the product advertising, BELDT Force Thermogenic is;
Used by top fighters because it’s made for top fighters
and it uses MMA pro Danny Martinez as an endorsement.
It is the “best fat burner around” and works by “intensifying the activation of skeletal muscle contractions”.
According to the Amazon advertising, BELDT Force Thermogenic has the following key points.
- Unique, high-quality fat burner, specially developed for weight loss, energy, blood flow, and muscular action
- Preferred by high-intensity athletes everywhere (Pro MMA Fighters, Boxers, P90X, Cross Fit, etc.)
- Advanced lipolytic (fat releasing) and thermogenic (fat burning) triggers
- NEW premium powder form–the highest quality available anywhere
- Can get you shredded FAST
We do not understand the claim that this is a premium powder because the product description clearly states this supplement is in capsule form and contains liquid.
In addition, for all the fancy words around muscle contractions and power, using this supplement will not turn you into a cage-fighting athlete. It is essentially a stimulant diet pill like many others.
So What Is BELDT Force Thermogenic and What Are The Ingredients For BELDT Force Thermogenic?
BELDT Force Thermogenic is a diet supplement that is believed to enhance energy levels and athletic performance.
Each serving of two capsules contains 702 mg of active ingredients in a proprietary blend so we cannot provide a detailed ingredients breakdown.
- Citrus Aurantium Extract (30% Synephrine): This stimulant raises the heart rate and blood pressure and is believed to increase the metabolism in a similar way to the ephedrine – banned in 2004 because of its serious side effects on the heart. Citrus Aurantium is not any safer and has been banned by the National Collegiate Athletic Association. This makes the claims of BLEDT Force Thermogenic as a sponsor of ACSM look extremely questionable. We covered Synephrine in a previous investigation
- Lobelia Intiata Extract: Potentially toxic herb, which herbalists claim, may be effective for respiratory conditions because it may clear mucus from the airways. It lacks clinical evidence and is potentially dangerous causing vomiting and nausea.
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine: This amino acid is believed to stimulate brain chemicals serotonin and dopamine and is sometimes taken to treat depression and ADD. Research suggests that taking 150mg will improve alertness after missing a night’s sleep for around three hours.
- White Willow Bark Extract (25% salicin): Care needs to be taken before taking white willow root because it causes stomach problems especially bleeding. Aspirin is derived from white willow but has been modified to avoid this problem. Quantities not known here and a matter for concern. Source: http://www.thepoisongarden.co.uk/atoz/salix_alba.htm
- Theobromine: Is found in dark chocolate and can have a stimulant effect if taken in sufficient quantities. It can increase the heart rate and give you a short-lived buzz and is sometimes used in medicine to widen blood vessels and treat coughs. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theobromine
- Evodia Rutaecarpa PE (10% Evodiamine): Evodia Rutaecarpa is a tree, which grows in Asian countries and Evodiamine the chemical, which is extracted from it. According to popular belief, Evodiamine may help increase serotonin levels and clinical testing on mice has indicated it can reduce fat deposits. It appears to act as a thermogenic and although it has been tested on animals, there do not appear to have been any clinical tests carried out on humans regarding weight loss. There is no proof that it works.
- Inula Racemosa (1.2% Alantolactones): Indian herb extract that is believed to increase insulin sensitivity resulting in lower fat stores in the body.
- Codonopsis Pilosula Extract: This herbal extract appears to stimulate the central nervous system and may promote endurance levels and weight loss. Requires further study.
- Rutin 95% NF11: Plant pigment that some people believe can strengthen blood vessels but most testing has been carried out on animals. Requires further clinical evidence.
- Yohimbe PE (8% Yohimbine): According to the clinical testing quoted by BELDT,
It has been proven in one study to support significant fat loss in soccer players, in which no subjects reported any adverse side effects.
- This may be true but the problem is that most research has demonstrated dangerous side effects including seizure, increased blood pressure, palpitations and heart attacks. These side effects have all been reported by people who have taken yohimbine and this ingredient is classified as dangerous.
- Black Pepper extract: Has been shown to increase the bioavailability of various compounds.
So What Does All This Mean?
This diet supplement does not look safe. Many of the ingredients are known to cause dangerous side effects and there is no evidence that taking BELDT Force Thermogenic will turn you into a super athlete.
Training, hard work and dedication is what counts in sport, not taking some go faster pills to help you cheat on your workouts.
In fact if you take it before competing in a sport that carries out drug testing, it could see you banned from competition. Citrus Aurantium for example is banned in US college sports so using it may see you being disqualified for doping. So we would advised checking with your regulatory authority before taking this supplement to make sure.
In addition, many of the ingredients such as Evodiamine have mainly undergone animal testing and there is no evidence if the positive effects will also work for humans.
Does BELDT Force Thermogenic Have Any Side Effects?
Yes, there are side effects and some customers have had problems especially around stomach problems.
One customer reported;
It caused me to throw up and I had an upset stomach. I’m scared to take the rest of them. Now I’m worried
I could not tolerate this product. It made me sick to my stomach and very jittery. Gave them to my sister.
We do not get to hear how she got on!
Some customers have been alarmed that their poo has been bright red but this is possibly due to the red liquid content of the capsules.
One customer carried out his own investigation;
I squeezed the capsule because I was convinced that it was powder inside. What a mistake…the capsule broke, and the red liquid inside squirted on my fingers, face, and shirt
He went on to say;
This is also probably why people poop red poop. I did poop red poop also after taking the capsules
Another customer points out that you should avoid this supplement if you are allergic to aspirin. He reported;
Whoa, had an immediate adverse reaction, very similar to when I have consumed aspirin, or aspirin based substances- difficulty breathing, swelling, rash, etc
White willow bark can cause severe allergic reactions if you have sensitivity to aspirin.
Reported side effects include:
- Nausea 30 to 50 minutes after ingestion of this pill
- Bad stomach cramps
- Serious bloating
- Stomach pain
- Strange sensation in throat
- Irritation in throat
- Red poo
- Racing Heart
- Increased sweating
Other side effects may include:
- Increased heart rate
- Heart palpitations
- Increase in blood pressure
- Increased risk of stroke and heart attack
The product information advises you not to use this supplement if you suffer from a known medical condition and says that you should consult your physician before use.
Caution: Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you have a heart condition or suffer from high blood pressure. Avoid if you are allergic to aspirin and do not take in combination with other stimulants. Do not take if you are using prescription medication because of the risk of interactions.
Any BELDT Force Thermogenic Reviews From Customers?
Yes, there are plenty of reviews from customers and there is a range of opinion although very few appear to be “elite fighters” of any type.
Some customers have reported zero effect;
No heat, no energy, and no appetite suppression whatsoever. Not with one and not with two capsules taken as a dose. Buyer beware, you have been warned.
Another customer noticed an increase in energy, which wore off after a while.
I used this for 30 days and had moderate energy boosts. The first two weeks the energy was evenly spread through out the day. I did notice after the second week the energy boosting effect began to fade
Many customers have mentioned their bowel movements;
There is a red food coloring of sorts with this pill. It will cause your poop to be red.
Some customers are pleased with this supplement;
These are pretty awesome….They do not give me jitters or make me feel nauseous. They do give me great energy and focus and really great appetite control in and out of the gym. Definitely worth another purchase.
Since starting (2 weeks ago) I’ve gone down just over 11 pounds and I have another 4 to reach my goal.
Other customers have said similar and reviews appear to be genuine.
So Does BELDT Force Thermogenic Work?
It obviously does work for some people but many customers have struggled with the side effects whereas others have not noticed any effect at all.
This diet supplement is unique in that it does not appear to contain caffeine so this may help some users. However, the alternative stimulants are not safe and can lead to medical problems as many people have found. Many of the ingredients lack adequate human testing and the benefits are unproven.
Where Can I Buy BELDT Force Thermogenic?
You can buy BELDT Force Thermogenic from Amazon.com. (If you attempt to buy from the product website, you are taken to the Amazon page).
Each tub contains 60 capsules which amounts to 30 servings or one month’s supply and costs $19.99 plus $6.42 shipping costs to US addresses.
If you live outside the USA, you will need to contact the company for shipping information.
What About A Guarantee
According to the information posted on the BELDT website there is a guarantee. The company state;
If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied with the way you look and feel within 30 days of using any BELDT Labs product purchased on our website, simply send it back for a full refund (minus shipping and handling). Simple as that
We are not sure how this works out when you buy from Amazon (the only choice) but it may be worth getting in touch with BELDT to find out how you go about claiming a refund if you are dissatisfied.
BELDT Force Thermogenic is marketed as a cage fighter’s supplement but many people are trying it because it looks strong and effective for losing weight. However, it appears to come with some nasty side effects and many customers have been unable to take it.
We cannot recommend a supplement that looks dangerous to health and although a few people have found that it has helped them lose weight, gambling with your health for the sake of a few pounds is just not worth it.
We have no other choice but to reject BELDT Force Thermogenic.