We take a look at GAT Jetfuel Superburn to find out more.
GAT Jetfuel Superburn Pros
- There is no good reason to take this supplement
GAT Jetfuel Superburn Cons
- Contains undisclosed dangerous ingredients including beta-Methylphenethylamine
- Misleading advertising
- Incomplete ingredients profile including no ingredient quantities and added ingredients
GAT Jetfuel Superburn Review
GAT Jetfuel Superburn Facts
- This supplement has been withdrawn from sale in Canada because of dangerous undisclosed ingredients
- Supplement comes from GAT formerly known as German American Technologies
- Each bottle contains 40 servings – 20 days supply
GAT Jetfuel Superburn is advertised as a clinically researched hardening and cutting compound. This means that is designed to promote hard muscle growth and help you lose fat without losing body mass (cutting).
The ingredients in each capsule come in the form of four proprietary blends:
- Jet Fuel Maximum Strength Thermogenic System – this contains a blend of ingredients said to enhance fat burning including capsicum extract, Acacia Rigidula and yohimbine.
- Jetfuel Lipolytic Support System – to break down body fat. This contains green teas and tea extracts.
- Jetfuel Psychotropic Support System – to enhance alertness. Ingredients include plant extract Withania Somnifera.
- Jet fuel Oil- Infused Bio Absorption System – to optimise absorption. Mainly coconut derived oils.
According to Health Canada, GAT Jetfuel Superburn also contains added ingredients, which do not show up on the list. A recent press release put out by Health Canada stated that’Jetfuel Superburn’ is being recalled after Health Canada tests confirmed it contains two undeclared amphetamine-like drug substances that pose serious health risks (beta-Methylphenethylamine and phenylpropylmethylamine).
This is shocking news. The ingredients profile for Jetfuel Superburn comes under the mask of a proprietary blending so it is hard to see exactly what it contains. We are appalled by the fact that the supplement contains added ingredients that do not show up on the ingredients list even as names. Worse, this supplement contains dangerous drugs but does not even provide any health warnings.
How to Take GAT Jetfuel Superburn
Day 1: Start by taking 1 capsule with 8 oz of cold water, 30 minutes before breakfast. Repeat 30 minutes before lunch.
Day 2 and beyond: Depending on tolerance, take 2-3 capsules with 8 oz of cold water, 30 minutes before breakfast. Repeat 30 minutes before lunch.
Do not take SUPERBURN within 6 hours of bedtime. Do not take more than 6 capsules daily, or 3 capsules in a single setting.
GAT is a US supplements company that is firmly focused on training and body building. It traded under the name German American Technologies for 14 years – named in homage to the German American heritage of the founders. The name was changed recently and is often referred to as Team GAT in advertising.
The company market a wide range of supplements including Jetfuel Nox – a pre training and nitric oxide supplement, Jetmass described as the German Creatine system, testosterone boosters and much more. They also sell a very similar looking supplement called Jetfuel but this is not the same supplement as Jetfuel Superburn.
Team GAT supplements are available via GNC, Amazon and vitamin and health food stores such as the Vitamin Shoppe as well as US military forces fitness centres. The impression is that this company are well established and well respected, obviously not the case given their misleading ingredients information.
GAT Jetfuel Superburn Concerns:
- The side effects – this supplement is potentially very dangerous
- Claims about many of the ingredients totally unfounded. It will not work in the way as described
- Misleading advertising. Can you really trust this company?
What Does GAT Jetfuel Superburn Claim To Do?
Jetfuel Superburn comes with four key features:
- MAXIMIZE calorie-burning intensity and energy
- BREAK DOWN body fat
- ENHANCE alertness
- OPTIMIZE absorption
According to Team GAT,
SUPERBURN is expertly engineered to catalyze the achievement of virtually any advanced dieting, physique or performance goal for which average levels of energy and fat-burning thermogenesis just won’t cut it.
We are not sure what this wordy statement even means in plain English but it gets worse,
SUPERBURN is driven by Micron RD, a micronized rapid delivery technology. High “jet-like” air pressures are used to gently reduce the average particle size of the SUPERBURN formula to less than 20 microns. This micronization process enhances the total reactive surface area, which in turn supports faster speeds of delivery and onset of results. GAT’s proprietary micronization process also allows each capsule to hold over 300 mg more actives, including compounds capable of stimulating increases in thermogenesis of up to 12% and delivering 60,000 Heat Units for a SUPERBURN!
We would have liked to see an explanation about just how these compounds increase thermogenesis this way. There is very little evidence that capsicum really does deliver a boost to the metabolism when taken in supplement form and if Team GAT is going to bandy figures about, they should prove their claims.
How big is 20 microns? To give you an idea of size we found out that a human hair is approximately 75 microns.
We would have preferred to have seen a full ingredients list and some links to the so-called clinical proof mentioned in the advertising than all this pretend science.
So What Is GAT Jetfuel Superburn and What Are The Ingredients?
Jetfuel Superburn is a weight loss capsule, which contains four proprietary blends rolled into one. This means there is a lack of accurate ingredients information. In addition, there are issues with undisclosed ingredients in this supplement. Each serving is equal to three capsules.
Jetfuel Maximum Strength Thermogenic System (504mg):
- 1.3.7 Trimethyl IH purine 2, 6 (3H, 7H) Dione: This impressive sounding ingredient is more usually known as caffeine! Most fat burner diet pills contain caffeine and it is ideal for providing a quick energy boost. It can increase the speed of the metabolism and help fat burning but the effects are often short lived as you become accustomed to use.
- Olive leaf extract: This may have numerous health benefits and surprisingly it may be effective at treating flu, viral infections and bacterial infections. Does not appear to have much relevance here but a healthy and safe ingredient.
- Microparticulate sustained release Acacia Rigidula extract: Herbal extract from Blackbrush Acacia a plant native to Texas and South Mexico, known for containing 40 natural chemicals and often used in supplements to promote appetite loss and energy. Be warned. The FDA have tested Acacia supplements and found that they contain an unnatural compound called beta-Methylphenethylamine, which is structurally similar to amphetamine. This compound has never before been tested in people and may pose a serious health risk. This extract has an androgenic effect. This means that it will increase adrenaline levels that may in turn help reduce appetite and make you feel too on edge to eat.
- Capsicum Frutascens extract: Chilli pepper variety and the hot one that is used to make Tabasco sauce. In very high quantities chilli may increase metabolism for around 30 minutes after ingestion but lacks solid evidence.
- Rauwolfia canescens extract (root): Plant extract which contains powerful chemical yohimbine and known for causing multiple dangerous side effects including heart attack and strokes.
- Evodia Rutaecarpa extract): Asian plant extract which contains Evodiamine. It appears to act as a thermogenic and although it has been tested on animals, there do not appear to have been any clinical tests carried out on humans regarding weight loss. There is no proof that it works.
Jetfuel Lipolytic Support System (255mg)
This part of the formula contains tea varieties, which may help support the metabolism and provide a general support to health. Tea is high in antioxidants.
- Camellia Sinensis Nigrum extract: Black tea extract.
- Camellia Sinensis Veridis extract: Green tea extract.
- Camellia Sinensis Albus extract: Tea extract.
- Tetradecylthioacetic acid (TTA): This is a synthetic fatty acid used as a nutritional supplement. In rodent testing TTA increased fat burning (mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation) but human clinical studies have not provided consistent results. It requires further evidence.
Jetfuel Psychotropic support system (250mg)
- Withania Somnifera extract: Also known as Ashwagandha or Indian Ginseng this plant is related to deadly nightshade. Might be effective as an adaptogen – i.e. improve general health, mood and resistance. May increase thyroid hormone levels and reduce blood pressure. Long term safety unknown and can cause vomiting and other problems.
- Melissa Officinalis extract: Also known as, lemon balm or citronella, this form of mint is popular as a garden plant and is sometimes taken for menstrual problems and sleep disorders. It has a calming effect.
- 2 amino 4 (ethylcarbamoyl) butyric acid: Also known as Theanine, this amino acid is present in green tea and can help promote alertness as well as feelings of calmness – that is if you are unstressed to start with. It does not seem to be effective in calming you down if you are anxious. It may have health benefits but requires further testing.
Jetfuel Oil Infused Bio absorption system (55mg)
- Medium chain triacylglyerols (MCT) from coconut oil: Man made fat derived from processed coconut oil and sometimes used for nutritional support by athletes in training. Lacks evidence that it improves the absorption of minerals.
- Omega 3 fatty acids from fish oil: Important for a healthy metabolism.
- Piper nigrum extract: Black pepper extract may help absorption of other ingredients.
So What Does All This Mean?
Because the ingredients in Jetfuel Superburn are combined as proprietary blends, you do not really know what you are taking.
In addition each component and ingredient is described in a way to make to sound complicated and special such as 1.3.7 Trimethyl IH purine 2,6 (3H,7H) Dion which simply means caffeiene. Why has GAT not just written caffeine? The answer is because they obviously want to confuse their customers into thinking they are getting something extra special and scientific.
When it comes to caffeine Jetfuel Superburn state that each serving contains around 266mg of this common ingredient but some of the other ingredients are worrying and will cause side effects. Acacia Rigidula for example seems to be a way of including amphetamine type substances into the mix and it is important to remember that Jetfuel Superburn has been recalled by the Canadian authorities following analysis.
Other ingredients that come with proven health risks include Withania Somnifera and Rauwolfia – which contains the dangerous yohimbine.
We cannot see much point in including all these tea varieties – they are essentially the same. None of the claims about capsicum have been proven. This cocktail contains ingredients in unknown amounts which do not look safe or particularly effective for weight loss, cutting or muscle building.
Does GAT Jetfuel Superburn Have Any Side Effects?
Many of the ingredients are well known for causing side effects. These may include:
- Sleep disturbances
- Increased heart rate
- Raised blood pressure
- Increased risk of stroke
- Possibility of contractions in uterus
- Stomach pains
- Risk of an allergic reaction
Avoid if pregnant, breast feeding or trying to conceive.
Do not take if you suffer from heart problems, blood pressure issues, health problems involving the thyroid or liver.
Do not take if you suffer or have had mental health issues including depression and schizophrenia.
Seek the advice of your doctor if you are taking prescription medication, including antibiotics because of the risk of interactions.
If you experience an allergic reaction such as swelling, numbness vomiting, seek medical advice urgently and do not forget to take Jetfuel Superburn with you for reference.
Any GAT Jetfuel Superburn Reviews From Customers?
Although Jetfuel supplements are on sale via Amazon, Jetfuel Superburn is not, so we had to look elsewhere for independent customer reviews. We found a couple on Vitamin Shoppe.
The first customer reported that Jet fuel Superburn was,
disappointing, makes you feel terrible and is a waste of time and money.
He went on to say,
I felt weird, this nauseating feeling, and I’ve taken much more legit Rx’s even prescribed for weight loss, this was below par, not even on the measuring scale… bottom line, this is a joke.
The other customer was more positive, reporting,
Gets your heart rate up in a hurry! No shaky, cracked out feeling though.
Like Amazon, GNC sell GAT products but not Jetfuel Superburn.
So Does GAT Jetfuel Superburn Work?
Jet fuel Superburn comes with a lot of claims about how it will enhance energy and decrease appetite and it may just do that. Feeling nauseous and on edge may lead to weight loss so in that way it will probably work. However, with a long list of potential side effects, many customers will struggle to take this supplement. There is no evidence that it will help you build hard muscles, effect cutting or any other of the claims made by GAT.
Canada have recalled Jetfuel Superburn and Acacia Rigidula supplements have also been investigated by the FDA. According to Dr. Pieter Cohen, an assistant professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School in an interview with Live Science,
Basically, the label ‘Acacia Rigidula’ is being used as a cover for introducing a brand new synthetic drug similar to amphetamine, amphetamines can make people feel energized, but also have serious risks, including addiction and increased risk of stroke.
Cohen said, continuing,
More studies are needed to determine the risks of beta-Methylphenethylamine in people.
Where Can I Buy GAT Jetfuel Superburn?
You can buy Jetfuel Superburn from the GAT website. One bottle of 120 capsules (40 servings) costs $69.99 and is approximately 20 days supply.
Shipping to US addresses is a flat rate $8.00 with free shipping on orders over $100.00. You can also buy Jetfuel Superburn from health site, the Vitamin Shoppe. One bottle of 120 capsules (40 servings) costs $49.99 plus shipping costs.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee is offered. GAT do provide sample size packs on some products but Jetfuel Superburn is not included in this offer.
It is hard to know where to start with Jetfuel Superburn. This supplement seems likely to be ineffective for weight loss, cutting and muscle hardening and at the same time contains some dangerous ingredients in completely unknown quantities.
Other ingredients such as capsicum are not proven to work in the way as described and will not cause the fat burning effect as promised.
The effects of this diet pill are likely to come from beta-Methylphenethylamine – not listed in the ingredients but found to be present when this supplement was analysed by health Canada. The Canadian authorities have ordered the withdrawal of Jetfuel Superburn from the Canadian market.
GAT has neglected to provide accurate ingredients information and instead have set out to deliberately confuse customers with some tricksy and misleading descriptions.
We would not recommend anyone to take this supplement so it is a very easy decision. We reject GAT Jetfuel Superburn.