Today we take a look at one of his newest product, Hella, a fat burner and pre-trainer for women.
JH Bodyfire Hella Pros
- Ingredients all have clinical support
- Positive customer reviews
- Developed by accredited professionals
JH Bodyfire Hella Cons
- No money back guarantee
- Not stimulant free and may not be suitable for all users
JH Bodyfire Hella Review
JH Bodyfire Hella Facts
- Made by JH BodyFire
- 90 capsules per bottle
- Endorsed by James Haskell
James Haskell is a rugby player who has played on the English National Squad since 2007. He has launched his own range of diet and exercise supplements. Following the success of Hades, a fat burner and pre-workout supplement for men, the company has created Hella, an equivalent product for women.
Whilst the ingredients are similar, they are not identical, and different quantities are also used. For example, there is a higher level of various B vitamins in Hella than in Hades, to meet the specific needs that the female body has.
Based upon the comments on the official website, there a group of people supporting this product, providing advice to customers not only on the product, but on diet and exercise as well. The BodyFire Crew, as they call themselves, provide what seems to be good customer support, clearly answering customer questions. However, they could have faster response times, with some comments being replied to three weeks or so after the initial comment was left.
BodyFire Hella is clearly targeted at women, but it can be used as a fat burner, when taken before each meal, or can be used as a pre-training supplement, boosting energy levels when taken shortly before a workout. Customers should cycle the product, taking a break for a week after every four weeks of use.
JH Bodyfire Hella Concerns:
- No money back guarantee
- Customers have to search for full ingredients list
What Does JH Bodyfire Hella Claim To Do?
Hella is a female focused, natural pre-training and fat burning supplement, which has been developed by England Rugby International James Haskell and leading nutritional expert Katherine Andreasen BA (Hons) FdSc DipION DipRAW.
JH BodyFire Hella is a thermogenic which speeds up the metabolism,
to give a real edge to training. It helps focus as well as creating a controlled explosion of energy enabling women to take their fitness training to the next level and maximise results. It assists in shredding fat, which is conjunction with a healthy diet, helps shapes the body a woman desires.
So What Is JH Bodyfire Hella and What Are The Ingredients For JH Bodyfire Hella?
The official website describes some of the ingredients, but fails to provide ingredient quantities. However, another retailer that sells the product has provided a full, itemised ingredients list, including the individual quantities of each ingredient. The list below includes the ingredients, including amounts per serving. Based upon the amount of caffeine, and a statement on the website, each serving is a daily serving of 3 capsules that are taken throughout the day before each meal.
- Guarana (960mg from Extract 4:1) (240mg): A berry that is naturally high in caffeine, it is often an ingredient in energy drinks and diet pills.
- N-Acetyl L-Carnitine (511mg): Supplementation of this ingredient has been found to improve fat oxidation.
- Kola Nut (500mg from Extract 5:1) (100mg): Kola nut has been studied in relation to weight loss, but in conjunction with ephedra, a substance that is now banned in the U.S due to severe side effects. As a source of caffeine, Kola Nut may boost the metabolism mildly. In animal studies, regular use of kola nut over a month resulted in a decrease in both appetite and body weight.
- Green Tea (500mg from Extract 4:1) (125mg): Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a very low calorie diet.
- Capsicum (424mg from Extract 8:1) (53mg): This ingredient is found in Cayenne pepper and is thought by some to play a role in weight loss. Some studies suggest it could suppress the appetite mildly, whilst others suggest that the heat causes a thermogenic reaction in the body, burning more calories for a period of time. However, there are also studies that show cayenne has little or no effect upon weight loss attempts.
- Yerba Mate (400mg from Extract 4:1) (100mg): A plant that is typically brewed as a tea, yerba mate is a natural source of caffeine, and has been the subject of several studies on weight loss. In a 2001 study of 47 healthy overweight adults, researchers found that taking an herbal preparation of yerba mate, guarana, and damiana three times daily for 45 days induced weight loss. It is not clear whether the individual ingredients from this preparation have the same weight loss potential on their own, or how much of each ingredient is required to replicate the results of the study. See our article on Yerba mate for more information.
- Caffeine (from Guarana, Anhydrous, Chocamine®, Kola and Yerba) (280mg): Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
- Chocamine® Cocoa Powder (140mg): Chocamine is a patented cocoa based ingredient for improving ‘cognitive function, mood and energy’. Some people believe that cocoa extracts can help to boost the metabolism, but there is little clinical evidence to suggest it can make a significant impact to weight loss.
- Co-Enzyme Q10 (30mg): This coenzyme is found naturally in some foods and can be synthesized in the liver. Cells in the body ‘use it to produce energy your body needs for cell growth and maintenance. It also functions as an antioxidant, which protects the body from damage caused by harmful molecules.’ It is also thought to boost energy levels and speed up recovery from exercise.
- Vitamin B3 (16mg NE- 100% RDA): Vitamin B3, or Niacin, is responsible for helping to produce energy from consumed food, as well as helping keep the nervous and digestive systems healthy. Niacin can be easily sourced in adequate amounts from a balanced diet. Persistent excessive consumption of niacin has been linked with increased rates of obesity in American Children.
- Vitamin B5 (6mg- 100% RDA): Helps to release energy from consumed foods.
- Bioperine® Black Pepper Extract (5mg): This patented Black pepper extract is used for increasing the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. In other words, it increases the amounts of nutrients that are absorbed into the body in the digestive tract. It may also increase the absorption of various drugs, which may lead to potential side effects.
- Vitamin B2 (1.4mg- 100% RDA): Vitamin B2, also known as Riboflavin, is required for helping the body release energy from carbohydrates, as well as keeping the nervous system functioning healthily.
- Vitamin B6 (1.4mg- 100% RDA): Vitamin B6 has several important functions in the body, including ‘allowing the body to use and store energy from protein and carbohydrates in food’. Whilst taking excess amounts of vitamin B6 will not infinitely improve this ability, a deficiency could make it more difficult to lose weight. Vitamin B6 is naturally present in a wide variety of foods, including meat, cereals, bread and vegetables, and is often included in fortified breakfast cereals.
- Vitamin B1 (1.1mg- 100% RDA): This vitamin is known to help other B group vitamins to help break down and release energy from food, as well as being used to keep muscle tissue healthy.
- Folic Acid (200µg- 100%): This water-soluble B vitamin is important for pregnant women because it helps protect against birth defects. It is also used to prevent heart disease and strokes so is necessary in later life too. However, folic acid supplementation can interact with medication for depression.
- Biotin (50µg- 100% RDA):This B vitamin plays a number of important roles in the body, including supporting the metabolism and digestive tract. Deficiencies are rare, as biotin is present naturally in many foods.
- Vitamin B12 (3µg- 120% RDA): Vitamin B12 is naturally present in many foods, primarily meat, fish and dairy products. It has several roles, including aiding in releasing energy from consumed food, and keeping the nervous system healthy. It may be that a deficiency hinders weight loss, but taking excess amounts could be, according to the NHS, potentially harmful.
So What Does All This Mean?
Whilst B vitamins all can play a role in weight loss, and certainly are required for the proper running of numerous bodily processes, but they can all be consumed in adequate amounts from a balanced daily diet, especially as many of them are found in vegetables and meats. Consumers using this product should not use a multivitamin at the same time to avoid consuming excess amounts of these vitamins.
There is a lot of caffeine in this product, which is the main source of potential side effects from using Body Fire Hella. There are numerous ingredients present in this product that have been found to increase the metabolism, increase fat oxidation and contribute to weight loss. A person exercising regularly and eating a balanced diet should find that this product increases their rate of weight loss, but it is unclear whether this supplement will cause weight loss in those who are still eating excessive amounts.
Does JH Bodyfire Hella Have Any Side Effects?
The main ingredient that is likely to cause side effects is caffeine, which is present in this diet pill because of several ingredients, including yerba mate, green tea, guarana and kola nut.
Side effects from caffeine include headaches, increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, heart palpitations, increased urination, dehydration, jitteriness or shaking and insomnia or difficulty sleeping. Spacing out the consumption of each serving, drinking plenty of water, monitoring the consumption of other sources of caffeine and ensuring the product is not consumed in the evening will minimise these side effects.
Bioperine can increase the amount of time that caffeine stays in the body, as well as increasing the uptake of supplements and medications. People who are taking prescription medications may want to consult their doctor for advice, as it is possible to increase the chances of overdosing upon prescription medications whilst using Bioperine.
Not suitable for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, or people who have high blood pressure or other cardiac related health problems.
Not suitable for those under the age of 18.
Any JH Bodyfire Hella Reviews From Customers?
The customer reviews that have been left for JH BodyFire Hella have been overwhelmingly positive. The only review on Amazon is taken from a story published on the JH BodyFire website:
When I added Hella to my diet and training regime, I had been looking for some time for something to get me back on track. I am a Fitness and Health journalist on a national newspaper so I work long hours. I had lost control of my eating and drinking habits and despite three days in the gym, I got no results. Then I found James Haskell’s Hella. I now take Hella three times a day, 30 minutes before my meals, or before my 2 main meals and before my workout if it is a training day. In terms of my diet and training I upped my gear by going from 2-3 to 3-4 days a week, doing some form of exercise. I also decreased my nights out involving alcohol from 2-3 to one or two. Foodwise? Nothing has changed. The result might not look like much. But that is just after four weeks and remember I am just getting started. Strong is the new skinny. What can I say, I’m Hella pleased.
Starting weight: 73kg
Four weeks after Hella: 66kg
Net weight loss: 7 kilos or over a stone
There are some other reviews on other retail websites and a few testimonials provided on the official website, all of which were positive. Whilst there are still a limited number of reviews, especially as the product is still relatively new, we could not find a single negative review.
Without any doubt Hella is the best fat burner on the market.
Hella is brilliant. I have been taking it now for three weeks and the results speak for themselves. I have tried many other brands but none deliver every time like Hella.
Been loving Hella for a while now. Works every time. Never ant downs and gives me a real buzz and focus.
All going really well with Hella. Only started properly last Monday and I have already lost 4lbs in a week!! At this rate its going to be over a stone in one month!!
So Does JH Bodyfire Hella Work?
Based upon the customer reviews and the ingredients profile, it does appear that BodyFire Hella does increase the rate of weight loss for people who are already making weight loss attempts. It may also be beneficial for those who are working out regularly, improving the results of their exercise, increasing their energy levels and improving recovery time after exercise.
It is unclear how effective this product is if used as the only weight loss measure, without taking up exercise or following a calorie restricted diet.
Where Can I Buy JH Bodyfire Hella?
The official website, jhbodyfire, sells a bottle of Hella, containing 90 capsules, for £24.99 plus delivery, which can be paid through paypal.
Amazon offer the same sized bottle for the more expensive price of £28.09, but this comes with free delivery. Superfit offer the same sized bottle for the same price as the official website, £24.99, and also offer free delivery within the UK. The cheapest website offering the Hella product is bodybuilding-supplements, who are selling the 90 capsule bottle for £23.95 plus free delivery.
The same website also offers a multi-buy discount, and so customers purchasing two bottles together will pay £21.95 per bottle. 90 capsules will last for 30 days if being used as a fat burner, or much longer if only being used before each workout. Compared to other diet supplements we have seen, this is a relatively low priced product, which is actually incredibly cheap if used only before workouts.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee is offered on this product. The returns policy on the official website is also phrased confusingly, but seems to only offer refund on unused unopened products. Those wanting a return should contact the company first to clarify their procedure, as an RMA code may be required.
Overall, we are pretty impressed with this product. We have seen many similar products to this in the past, but they tend to include citrus aurantium, which has been associated with unpleasant and dangerous side effects. BodyFire Hella does not include this, which is a major bonus point.
It appears that the diet pill will work to increase weight loss efforts, when combined with diet and exercise. This makes sense as it is designed to be used either as a fat burner or as a pre-exercise energy booster. Up to three capsules can be taken per day, and so consumers could use if before 2 meals each day as well as before exercise, boosting the metabolism and energy levels throughout the day.
However, there are a few minor reasons that we cannot approve this product, as much as we would like to. Some consumers, especially those who are taking prescription medication or who are sensitive to caffeine, should not use this product. The company also offers no money back guarantee, and their refunds policy is unclear and poorly phrased.
Finally, whilst the official website mentions some of the ingredients, we had to search for the full ingredients list, locating it on a different retail website. If these small problems were fixed, we would be able to recommend this product to women who did not suffer from the above mentioned medical problems.