Shredz Fat Burner is a US diet pill, which proposes body transformation for women with a supplement crammed with fat burning ingredients. The advertising looks great and there is some positive customer feedback but some of the ingredients could be dangerous for health.
SHREDZ Fat Burner Pros
- Appealing advertising
- May help short-term weight loss
SHREDZ Fat Burner Cons
- Contains potentially dangerous ingredients
- Very mixed feedback
- No money-back guarantee
SHREDZ Fat Burner for Women Review
SHREDZ Fat Burner Facts
- Marketed by Shredz – a bodybuilding supplements company
- Each bottle contains 60 capsules (or perhaps 59 capsules)
- Just because it is in a pink bottle does not mean this supplement is safe for women to take
Shredz Fat Burner Made For Women is made by Beyond Genetics Supplements and marketed by Shredz. This US company market supplements for both men and women and the focus is on the body beautiful, training in the gym and working out.
Shredz have what they describe as “athletes” as their “ambassadors” and these super toned men and women are all part of the Shredz Army and feature strongly on the website. If you buy Shredz products, you can be part of the Shredz Army too!
The Shredz For Women range comes in some edgy black and neon pink advertising and has a punky type of appeal with attitude!
Most people will be carried away by the image and we admit to being tempted by it ourselves. It is easy to forget that you will not be carried away to a magical world with beautiful people if you buy these capsules.
Remember, once they drop through your mailbox, they may not seem quite as exciting. Essentially you are on your own with a bottle of pills in your own home so it is important to really know exactly what it is you are buying without the hype.
Shredz Fat Burner is described as a natural thermogenic formula that “melts fat away” and will get you skinny, sexy and toned.
This all sounds fun but the ingredients list is not much of a laugh. This supplement will have a stimulant effect and includes Yohimbe and Synephrine among its contents.
Both these ingredients are well known for potentially dangerous side effects mainly around the heart and blood pressure and the medical advice is to avoid them.
Many customers report a strong appetite suppressing effect, which helps them lose weight by making them feel too sick to eat.
Worrying, the ingredients in the Shredz formula – the Shredz Fat burning complex does not list individual ingredient amount quantities. It contains 934mg of active ingredients but how this is broken down is anybody’s guess.
How To take Shredz Fat Burner for Women
If you workout in the AM, take one (1) capsule pre-workout with breakfast followed by one (1) capsule in the afternoon.
If you workout in the PM, take one (1) capsule with breakfast followed by one (1) capsule pre-workout.
The Shredz Made For Women Line includes four products.
As well as Shredz Fat Burner, you can buy Shredz Anti Aging Made For Women designed to reverse the signs of aging and an expensive multi vitamin supplement (Shredz Multi Vitamin Made For Women) which at $55 per tub is a very expensive way of taking a general vitamin supplement.
Shredz also sell Her Creatine – a Creatine supplement that will not cause bloating.
If you have any questions, you can ask a “transformation specialist” via live chat.
SHREDZ Fat Burner for Women Concerns:
- The ingredients have been linked with causing serious side effects including strokes and heart attacks
- This supplement claims to help fitness yet in reality it is an unhealthy way to lose weight
- The potential side effects. We cannot stress this enough. Shredz Fat Burner will be dangerous for some people
What Does SHREDZ Fat Burner for Women Claim To Do?
Shredz Fat Burner claims to help you “Burn Fat and Boost Energy”.
It is a;
gluten-free fat burner with naturally found ingredients is designed to deliver smooth clean energy and helps you focus so you can maximize your results and lower your body fat percentage in those troubled areas.
There are five key benefits to this supplement. It will help you:
- Burn Fat
- Get Lean
- Clean Energy
- No Jitters
- Increased Focus
Ingredients like Vitamin B5, Green Tea Extract, and Cayenne Pepper Extract help raise the body’s internal temperature to burn fat
We are not so sure that these ingredients will have these effects and the Shredz advertising does not include any clinical proof or evidence that their claims are true.
So What Is SHREDZ Fat Burner and What Are The Ingredients For SHREDZ Fat Burner?
Shredz Fat Burner is a diet pill that is supposed to help you burn off fat. Serving size is in two capsules so this will be your full daily supply.
The principle ingredient is the SHREDZ® Proprietary Fat Burning Complex For Women, which contains 934mg of active ingredients.
We cannot provide a fully detailed ingredients breakdown because this information is unavailable but we can provide a general overview.
- Alpha Lipolic Acid: (Not to be confused with Alpha Linoleic Acid or ALA). Alpha Lipolic Acid is an antioxidant, which is found in some commonplace foodstuffs including yeast, broccoli, potatoes and liver as well as manufactured in the lab for medicinal use. It is used to treat diabetic nerve pain such as numbness and tingling in the hands and legs. There is however no evidence that it will be effective for weight loss or for improving cognitive ability.
Source: WebMD resource
- Theobromine: Bitter Alkaloid of the cocoa plant and present in chocolate, tea leaves and the cola nut. Theobromine is used in medicine to widen the blood vessels and as a heart stimulant.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine: This may play a role in the treatment of cancer and it may have an effect upon the metabolism and muscle development. However, Acetyl L Carnitine is largely untested for its role in weight loss and has mainly undergone animal testing. The long lasting effects and optimum dose need to be further tested.
- Synephrine HCL: Synthetic version of a compound found naturally in orange skin where it is known as Citrus Aurantium and believed to help weight loss by increasing the metabolism.
Synephrine is often used as a legal alternative to banned drug ephedrine and has similar dangerous side effects. It increases the risk of heart attacks and strokes. We covered Synephrine in a previous investigation.
- Gugglesterones 99% E&Z Plant steroid: Found in the resin of a north Indian tree. There are two Stereoisomers – types of molecule groups called E or Z. Guggulsterone was once believed to decrease cholesterol synthesis in the liver but extensive studies have now proven that Gugglestone has no effect upon cholesterol. It can act like oestrogen in the body and will not be suitable for all women.
- Yohimbine HCL: Yohimbe is believed to improve sexual and athletic performance but lacks evidence to prove this. Reported side effects include blood pressure changes, heart beat irregularities and heart attacks. This ingredient is on the dangerous list of supplements.
- Cayenne Pepper Extract: Commonplace spice found in most kitchens. Some evidence has suggested that it may increase serotonin and so when taken in large doses may help prevent comfort eating. High levels of cayenne may increase the metabolism.
- Green Tea Extract: Rich in the antioxidants Polyphenols and Catechins, which are excellent for maintaining health. Green tea has been found to promote modest weight loss because it can increase the speed of the metabolism and the rate at which you burn off fat Contains caffeine
- Caffeine Anhydrous: Well known stimulant that is believed to burn fat. Most diet supplements contain caffeine and it is ideal for giving you a quick energy boost. It can increase the speed of the metabolism and help fat burning but the effects are often short lived.
As well as the formula, Shredz also contains:
- Choline (Choline Bitartate) (100mg): Essential nutrient present in many foodstuffs including chicken, wheat germ, cod and almonds. Choline is effective for the treatment of asthma and is often taken by athletes to improve endurance.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) (20mg): Important vitamin that plays a role in the destabilisation of fat and cholesterol
- Vitamin B7 (BIOTIN) (100mg): Important B vitamin that helps healthy skin, nerves, metabolism, and present in a normal diet without the need for supplementation.
The benefits and risks of biotin supplementation are not clear. The RDA is set as 30mcg so this amount is extremely high and possibly unsafe. Check with a doctor if you have any other medical condition before taking because it can interact with medication.
So What Does All This Mean?
We really do not like the look of this supplement. It contains some dangerous ingredients and there is no evidence that it will help you lose weight. As well as the Synephrine and Yohimbine, it contains Guggulsterone, which works in the body in a similar way to oestrogen. Medical advice is to avoid Guggulsterone if you have any hormone related conditions such as breast cancer – that is if you even know. In addition many of the so-called benefits of this cocktail of ingredients are unproven and as with Guggulsterone have been found not to work.
As ever, with supplements like this, the full ingredients information is not provided so you really will have no idea of what you are taking and what this will do. It is important to remember that the diet pill industry is unregulated so just because a supplement is on sale does not mean it is necessarily safe.
Does SHREDZ Fat Burner for Women Have Any Side Effects?
Yes, it does have side effects and customers have experienced a range of problems.
One customer reported;
I got EXTREMELY sick! I was throwing up violently for about 5-6 hours. I couldn’t even keep water down. When I went to the doctor the following day she highly recommended me to stop taking the fat burner. She said that a lot of these products take a dangerous toll on your liver.
We cannot argue with that.
Other customers have reported similar experiences;
This product made me extremely sick to my stomach and shaky all day long. I made sure to eat with it and not to take in any additional caffeine and still I felt like crap.
makes me feel nervous and out of sorts. I guess this is the way diet pills are supposed to make you feel
(There is no point in taking a diet pill that makes you feel like that. Not all diet pills have this effect. )
Even more worryingly, another customer reported;
I had to force myself to eat a sandwich at dinner. Aside from minor chest pains, which I attribute to taking this on practically an empty stomach, this is exactly what I have been looking for.
I’m taking it with actual food for breakfast today and am hoping for similar results without the chest pain.
This customer is taking a real risk in continuing using these pills with chest pains.
Potential side effects include:
- Stomach upsets
- Loose stools
- Chest pains
- Increased risk of heart attack or stroke
- Increased risk of liver problems
- Whooshing sound in ears – symptom of high blood pressure
- Skin rash
Caution: Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Do not take if you suffer from any type of heart condition or high blood pressure. If you experience related side effects such as chest pain discontinue use immediately. Do not take if you are sensitive to hormone related conditions such as breast cancer or uterine fibroids.
Avoid if you are taking the birth control pill because it may increase side effects and do not take if you are on prescription medication because of interactions.
Seek the advice of your doctor before you start taking this pill and get qualified medical advice in case of side effects.
Any SHREDZ Fat Burner for Women Reviews From Customers?
Yes, and it is the usual mixed bag of opinion. Some customers have been pleased with this supplement.
One user reported;
As a fitness model, I’m always looking for new products to improve my fitness goals. I found that Shredz gives me energy without the shaky feeling that other fat burners tend to give you.
Some customers have issues with the amount of pills in each bottle. It seems that in many cases you only receive 59 capsules in place of the advertised 60.
The Fat Burner and the Multivitamin both say 60 capsules but both only had 59
Complained one customer. Many others reported the same thing and have been left feeling ripped off.
Some customers found that Shredz Fat Burner did nothing for them;
These did nothing for me. I feel like I wasted my money. They made no difference when I added it to my routine.
These negative comments are in addition to the complaints about unpleasant side effects.
So Does SHREDZ Fat Burner Work?
Shredz Fat burner obviously does work for some people, that is if they do not mind the side effects. However, we don’t think that it looks very safe and although it may help you lose some weight it is not worth gambling with your health.
Some of these ingredients are well known for causing dangerous side effects and we are not being over cautious about this. Many people have reported real problems after taking this supplement and many of the ingredients come with real and medically proven dangers.
Is it really worth it? After all, you could lose weight with a serious illness or a bout of diarrhoea and vomiting too but would you really want to?
We feel that this supplement will probably do nothing for safe weight loss. Once you have finished taking the pills, you will probably put any weight you lost back on. This diet pill is extreme and gimmicky and may pose a real risk to your health.
Where Can I Buy SHREDZ Fat Burner for Women?
You can buy Shredz Fat Burner Made For Women direct from the Shredz website.
One bottle of 60 capsules is 30 servings and costs $60.00, which works out at $1.00 per pill.
This should be enough for one month’s supply but make sure you count the contents of each bottle because Shredz are well known for sending only 59 capsules.
You can also buy Shredz Fat Burner via Amazon.com. for the slightly cheaper price of $45.00.
You cannot buy Shredz direct if you live outside the USA. It is not available from UK Amazon.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee is offered. A representative has responded to customer complaints via Amazon but has not offered any type of refund.
It comes as no surprise to find that we are not impressed with Shredz Fat Burner Made For Women. It features some attractive and powerfully persuasive advertising but is short on any real information. Given that it contains some potentially very dangerous ingredients that can cause serious harm this lack of contents information is a real concern.
Some people have lost weight because it has made them feel too sick to eat but this is not a healthy method of weight loss and will probably lead to weight gain once you finish the pills.
In addition, the company seem extremely tricksy with sending 59 capsules in place of 60 and we are also unimpressed with the lack of a guarantee.
We would not take this supplement ourselves and we certainly would not recommend other people to try it too. It is an easy decision: we reject Shredz Fat Burner Made For Women.