T5 supplements are usually aimed at the bodybuilding market but this one seems to have a wider appeal and may offer some general support if you are just looking to lose weight. T5 Super Fruits is made by British supplement company Forza.
T5 Super Fruits Pros
- Clear ingredients list
- Made by a reputable British company
- Some ingredients beneficial for health
T5 Super Fruits Cons
- Inadequate ingredient amounts
- Contains bitter orange
- No money-back guarantee
T5 Super Fruits Review
T5 Super Fruits Facts
- Made by Forza a British company based in Kent
- Each bottle contains 60 capsules
- Contains 13 active ingredients
When you are looking to lose weight fast, a T5 supplement can look like an easy solution. T5 fat burner diet pills are generally strong and this type of supplement is believed to have a significant effect upon your thyroid hormones, which is important for weight loss.
T5 Super Fruits is a reasonable looking supplement that comes with a clear ingredients list complete with amount quantities so you can see exactly what you are getting before you buy.
Ingredients include caffeine, a mix of tropical fruit extracts including the antioxidant rich Acai berry, raspberry ketones and African mango as well as a green tea supplement, kelp and amino acid l tyrosine.
T5 Super Fruits also contains Bitter Orange Extract, which we are not quite as keen on but is in a lower dose than many other diet pills on the market.
The good news about T5 Super Fruits is that it does look relatively safe and although it contains a lot of ingredients (13) none of the ingredients are in high quantities. However, in some cases this may mean that the ingredients are not in sufficient quantities to work.
The principle ingredient is caffeine with a branded green tea supplement close behind and the fruit extracts are in quantities of 50mg each. It also contains amino acids and kelp, which is rich in iodine and has a proven effect upon the thyroid gland.
The company behind T5 Super Fruits is Forza a British company based in Ashford in Kent. The Forza brand was established in 2007 and this company is reputable and will not trick you or lock you into any dodgy payment scams.
Forza products are manufactured in accordance with quality, safety and environmental standards and comply with industry certification (ISO 22000, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001).
Forza manufacture a whole range of T5 supplements including the Forza T5 Super Strength – their highest strength fat burner.
Originally, T5 supplements were used solely by bodybuilders and Forza T5 Super strength was popular with this group because it provided a safer alterative to ECA stack products.
T5 Super Fruits is more mainstream than Super Strength and may be suitable for if you are just looking for some general support to weight loss rather than bulking up your muscle tone.
T5 Super Fruits Concerns:
- If you are expecting a strong T5 style diet pill, you may be disappointed.
- May cause side effects.
- A general health supplement may cause the same effects and be cheaper.
What Does T5 Super Fruits Claim To Do?
According to the product description,
Ultra-stimulating and rich in diversity, Super Fruits is set to become an iconic revolution for dieters seeking the ultimate food supplement to support a new and healthier lifestyle
At the time of writing T5 Super Fruits has not become an ‘iconic revolution’ with anyone and we are struggling with the concept that this the ultimate food supplement. It looks to be a fairly standard diet pill to us.
The advertising goes onto say that T5 Super Fruits is;
Packed with exotic food extracts and powerful anti-oxidants that have remarkable fat-burning and energy-boosting properties.
We are not sure about the claim that;
Raspberry Ketones, one of the most expensive ingredients in the food industry aims to improve your body’s ability to metabolise fat
The claims around raspberry ketones have been exaggerated and this ingredient has been discredited following the Dr Oz scandal and the free trials scam – see our earlier investigative articles.
The T5 Super Fruits advertising does not back up these claims with any proof or evidence.
So What Is T5 Super Fruits and What Are The Ingredients For T5 Super Fruits?
T5 Super Fruits is a fat burner diet pill. Serving size is one capsule per dose.
- Trimethylxanthine (Pure Caffeine) (180mg): Caffeine raises the speed of the metabolism and perks you up although you can become quickly accustomed to the effects. . An average cup of instant coffee contains around 100mg of caffeine. Trimethylxanthine is the chemical name for this ingredient.
- Active-Rx® Green Tea Extracts (45% EGCG) (100mg): This is Forza’s own proprietary green tea brand and a vital part of their T5 range. It may contain ingredients other than green tea.
ECGC (Epigallocatechin gallate) is a potent antioxidant found in green tea. It has many health benefits. Clinical testing evidence suggests that 200mg – 300mg helps maintain metabolic and cardiovascular health.
- Bitter Orange (Whole Citrus Aurantium) (50mg): Stimulant that raises the heart rate and increases blood pressure. It is believed to boost the metabolism and burn fat but lacks clinical evidence. Citrus Aurantium must be avoided if you suffer from any heart related health conditions.
- Acai 4:1 Extract (50mg): Superfruit berry that has been touted for health and weight loss due to the high levels of antioxidants. Safe ingredient but the claims for its weight loss benefits have been exaggerated
- Bitter Melon (Momordica Charantia) (50mg): Bitter melon is an Asian fruit that is used medicinally and for food. It contains an insulin type chemical and may help lower blood sugar. However it requires further testing and evidence.
Source: WebMD Resource
- Bitter Lemon (50mg): Just ordinary lemon – there is no specific bitter lemon unless you count the famous mixer drink that goes well with a gin. Good source of vitamin C.
- African Mango (50mg): Fibre rich seed extract from Irvingia Gabonsis – native West African plant. When taken in doses of 300mg per serving, African mango may reduce hunger pangs and lower cholesterol according to limited clinical testing. Here in insufficient quantities.
- Raspberry Ketones (50mg): Derived from the chemical compound of raspberries that gives the fruit its distinctive smell, raspberry ketones have been over exaggerated for weight loss and remain untested on humans. No evidence that it works
- Nicotinamide 40mg (250% RDA): This form of vitamin B3 is found in fish, meat, eggs and dairy products. Although an important vitamin, taking in excess of the RDA can lead to common and unpleasant side effects such as facial flushing, redness and itchy skin.
- L-Tyrosine (25mg): An amino acid, which you can obtain through diet if you eat meat. It is believed to help training and is popular with body builders for this reason. L Tyrosine raises adrenaline levels and can make you feel too on edge to eat.
- Sea Kelp (25mg): A seaweed, which contains iodine – an essential mineral for maintaining an active thyroid gland. Although there may be health benefits, there is no proof that sea kelp boosts the metabolism.
- Guarana Seed (12mg): This Brazilian seed extract contains high levels of caffeine so will add to the caffeine content.
- Chromium Picolinate (130mcg) (325% RDA): Trace mineral believed to promote muscle growth and fat burning but lacks evidence. Chromium is present in a normal diet and scientists believe that supplementation is unnecessary.
So What Does All This Mean?
T5 Super Fruits has a lot of ingredients but many, such as African Mango and Green Tea are in insufficient quantities to reflect the results of clinical testing. Others such as Niacin are in too high amounts and may cause side effects.
Taking antioxidant rich ingredients such as Acai and Green Tea will certainly not do you any harm and may help health in the same way as taking a general health supplement. However, there is no evidence that any of these ingredients will work in the way described.
Does T5 Super Fruits Have Any Side Effects?
The more ingredients you have in a supplement the higher the chance of side effects However feedback is extremely limited with only a couple of customer reviews available.
One user reported a very interesting side effect. Although she said that T5 Super Fruits did nothing for weight loss, she was very happy because it seemed to reduce pain. Great news for this customer.
However judging by the ingredients list you may experience the following side effects:
- Rapid heart beat
- Rise in blood pressure
- Skin irritations
- Facial flushing
- Burning sensation on skin
Forza warn that you should discontinue use immediately if sleeplessness or nausea occurs.
Caution: Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Forza advise that you should not take you have a known medical condition including high blood pressure, diabetes, any cardiovascular disorder, heart disease, hyperthyroidism, or are taking antidepressant medications.
Any T5 Super Fruits Reviews From Customers?
We could only find a couple and neither were positive about weight loss. One customer reported;
Well sorry to say these didn’t work for me my appetite never changed (I did try). So unfortunately not for me at all.
The other customer was happy about the unforeseen effects of the pain relief but found it ineffective for weight loss. She wrote;
Great expectations but weight loss? None. One thing I did not expect is that they reduced the pain killers I have been prescribed by 50%!
So Does T5 Super Fruits Work?
T5 Super Fruits may work a little bit for weight loss but is unlikely to contain sufficient ingredient amounts to fully work. It may have a stimulant effect but if you are accustomed to drinking a lot of caffeine-based drinks, you might not even notice.
The antioxidant rich ingredients will not do you any harm but probably will not be earth shattering beyond a boost to general health. We don’t think that T5 Super Fruits will help you lose weight.
Where Can I Buy T5 Super Fruits?
You can buy T5 Super Fruits from the Slimming.com website.
One month’s supply of 60 capsules costs £21.95 plus shipping costs of £3.95 to UK addresses. You can also buy via Amazon.co.uk. 60 capsules costs £29.08 and includes free delivery to UK customers
T5 Super fruits is not available via Amazon but Slimming.com will ship internationally.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee available for T5 Super Fruits.
There is a lot that we like about Forza T5 Super Fruits. We like the full ingredients list and the fact that this supplement appears to be made by a reputable company.
We like some of the antioxidant rich ingredients and although we never like supplements containing Bitter Orange Extract, at least this ingredient is in a relatively small amount.
The problem is that it is all a bit vague and undefined and many of the ingredients are not in the amounts that have shown positive in clinical testing – such as Green Tea and the African Mango Extract for example.
There is nothing contained in this supplement that justifies the T5 description and although this is actually a point in its favour in our opinion, we feel that it is misleading to customers who will be expecting a strong and powerful diet pill.
We are very interested in the customer review that reported a reduction in pain after taking T5 Super Fruits but we cannot base our opinion on this positive comment alone. After all this is supposed to be a weight loss pill and in our opinion it just does not come up to scratch and do what it is supposed to do.
At the end of the day, we judge diet pills on whether they seem safe and whether they work. This one looks pretty safe but we can’t believe that weight loss will be anything other than extremely minimal.