We take a look at SN Diet Fuel Ultralean to find out.
USN Diet Fuel Ultralean Pros
- Has generated lots of positive customer feedback
- Will probably work in the way as described by the advertising
- Reasonably priced compared with many other meal replacement Shakes on the market
USN Diet Fuel Ultralean Cons
- Some conflicting ingredients information. Does this Shake contain Garcinia or not?
- Many customers have complained about the taste
- Meal Replacement Shakes can be problematic for weight loss
USN Diet Fuel Ultralean Review
USN Diet Fuel Ultralean Facts
- Made by reputable British company USN
- Each kilo container of Ultralean provides around 18 servings
- You can add the Shake ingredients to either milk or water
Meal replacement shakes are popular for weight loss. Instead of eating a meal, you just replace it with a protein shake. The idea is that this will enable you to feel full and it is a convenient way to avoid the temptation of over eating at meal times.
Shakes can be useful when a healthy meal choice is not available. Meal replacement shakes can be effective but it is important to ensure you keep to your weight loss plan and combine it with a healthy diet and exercise.
Meal replacement shakes are not slimming drinks. This one actually contains 200 calories a serving, even more if you add it to milk instead of water.
Some people find that they actually gain weight by using shakes and then eating food so like everything, success depends upon your own habits and willpower. USN Diet Fuel Ultralean is available in five flavours – café latte, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla and banana caramel so will suit you if you have a sweet tooth.
That said, some people will not be able to get round the fact that a sweet tasting drink is a suitable replacement for lunch or dinner! If this is you, meal replacement drinks are probably not going to work. It is not a good idea to drink your diet shake and then eat your meal!
Diet Fuel Ultralean contains USN’s whey protein blend derived from whey protein, malto dextrin and soy protein. It contains branded ingredient Hi Maize Resistant starch, which is high in fibre and will help control blood sugar levels.
These are the principle ingredients but the supplement also contains Garcinia Cambogia extract – believed to help weight loss, plus a lengthy list of vitamins and minerals. More than you would eat in the average healthy meal so this supplement will support health and weight loss if you use it wisely.
How to Take USN Diet Fuel Ultralean
For a smooth and tasty shake, simply take the following steps:
Add 2 rounded 55g scoops to 200-300ml of cold water (you can use skimmed milk if you prefer)
Mix thoroughly by shaking in your USN shaker for about 30 seconds.
Have 1-3 servings daily – depending on how many meals/snacks you are aiming to replace.
Diet Fuel Ultralean is made by USN (Ultimate Sports Nutrition). This reputable British company based in Bromsgrove, specialises in sports nutrition and produces supplements for weight training, sports endurance and bodybuilding as well as health and weight loss.
USN is a major sports nutrition company with an international presence. In the UK they sponsor the newly refurbished Bolton arena ( the USN Bolton Arena) and you can find USN supplements in retail outlets across the UK and Ireland in shops such as Tesco and Holland & Barrett.
USN supplements are also available in the USA and across the world from numerous online outlets both online and in health food and supplement stores.
USN Diet Fuel Ultralean Concerns:
- Meal Replacement Shakes can lead to yo yo weight gain
- If you do not keep to a strict weight loss plan you may find you put on weight by using this supplement
- Drinking a sweet drink as a replacement for a proper meal will just not seem right for many people
What Does USN Diet Fuel Ultralean Claim To Do?
According to USN, Diet fuel Ultralean is,
A great tasting, meal replacement shake for those wanting to shed those extra pounds,” and will, “support your weight loss goals and support muscle recovery.
A high protein and high-fibre meal replacement shake can offer you a convenient meal on the go.
You are advised to aim for safe and healthy weight loss along with the maintenance of a healthy body and mind, best achieved ‘by being consistent and following a few simple sounding steps.’ These are:
- Eat a balanced diet containing wholefoods
- Remain calorie-controlled
- Get regular exercise
Diet Fuel ultra lean is suitable for,
Any fitness enthusiast that has weight loss goals. With these goals, you must combine your hard-work in the gym with a balanced diet. For this reason we’ve provided a healthy meal replacement shake containing the nutrients you need to combine with your goals.
The USN advice for weight loss is sensible but we are slightly concerned about the ‘fitness enthusiast’ label.
Do you really have to be a fitness fanatic to benefit from this supplement? We can see that gym goers who work out regularly could probably use the shake as a healthy snack but if you don’t burn off the calories, and take the shake between meals you will put on weight.
So What Is USN Diet Fuel Ultralean and What Are The Ingredients?
USN Diet Fuel Ultralean is a protein drink that you take as a meal replacement. Each 55g serving of Diet Fuel Ultra Lean contains 200 calories, 25 grams of protein, 16g of carbohydrate and 2g of fat.
- USN’s Whey Protein Blend: Contains a mix of Whey Protein Concentrate and Whey Protein Isolate. Whey is derived from milk and is the liquid left over in cheese production, – remember little Miss Moffat eating her curds and whey…it is the same stuff! Whey is high in leucine an essential amino acid, which breaks down fat and it seems to help recovery after sports and endurance training so is often used by athletes. Whey protein contains BCCA amino acids and may causes feelings of satiety. It encourages the release of hormones, such as leptin, which control hunger and decrease release of the hormones such as ghrelin, which signal hunger. Whey protein is high in fat and cholesterol.
- Soy protein isolate: This is refined soybean with the husks and fats removed. It shows up in numerous foodstuffs such as soups, sauces, breads and vegetarian products and is classified as a complete protein because it contains all the essential amino acids required by the body. There are some health concerns about soy protein. It is high in oestrogen type plant hormones so it may cause increased levels of oestrogen in the body. However, it is hard to avoid because it is in numerous foodstuffs.
- HI-MAIZE® Resistant Starch: Branded supplement, which contains starch, derived from maize and is a dietary fibre with real health benefits. Resistant starch has been recognised as a beneficial carbohydrate by organisations including the WHO and because of the high content of soluble and non-soluble fibre it can promote feelings of satiety. You can buy Hi Maize from health food outlets and use in a similar way to flour. Other brands are also available.
- Garcinia Cambogia: Confusingly the product information provided on Amazon states that USN Diet Fuel Ultralean also contains Garcinia Cambogia. However, this ingredient does not show up on the product profile on the USN site so this is confusing. Garcinia Cambogia is believed to promote weight loss. This natural purple fruit found in Asia is rich in Hydroxycitric acid and although some evidence suggests it may help modest weight loss, it requires further clinical testing to prove it.
USN Diet Fuel Ultralean also contains the important electrolytes sodium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and calcium, and a range of vitamins that support a healthy diet.
- Vitamin A ,Vitamin D ,Vitamin E 7, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid
- Potassium, Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium, Chromium, Iodine
The Shakes also contain colourings and flavourings depending upon the flavour.
So What Does All This Mean?
USN Diet Fuel Ultralean looks like one of the better meal replacement shakes on the market. It contains a wide range of vitamins and minerals and the fibre and protein content will certainly help fill you up and reduce hunger pangs.
Stick to a healthy eating plan and use as part of a diet and it will probably help you lose weight. We are concerned about the discrepancy in the ingredients list – does this supplement contain Garcinia or not? It is not mentioned as an ingredient on the USN website yet it is included in the ingredients list on the Amazon advert. That said we cannot see it making any difference to the outcome.
There is little evidence that Garcinia really helps weight loss and it is a minor ingredient that does not seem to cause side effects.
The weight loss effect will come from the fibre and protein providing an adequate meal replacement. It does contain at least 200calories a serving plus fat so will not help you lose weight if you add to your diet without missing a meal.
Does USN Diet Fuel Ultralean Have Any Side Effects?
There is a lot of feedback for USN Diet Fuel Ultralean and although not everyone is happy with the supplement or the taste, nobody has mentioned any side effects, which is a point in its favour.
There are potential side effects to whey protein:
- Stomach cramps
- Increased bowel movements
Some people believe there are health concerns associated with Soy protein isolate.It may increase oestrogen levels so you should avoid this ingredient if you have or have had a hormonally related medical condition such as breast cancer. Not everyone agrees with this opinion. For more advice, speak to your doctor.
Not suitable for individuals under 18 without the advice of a doctor.
Avoid supplements if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Speak to your doctor first if you have an underlying medical condition or are taking prescription medication.
Do not take if you are lactose intolerant.
Any USN Diet Fuel Ultralean Reviews From Customers?
There is a lot of genuine customer feedback for USN Diet Fuel Ultra Lean and most of it is positive.
Brilliant product, filled me up and stopped me picking on rubbish, lost weight and most important body fat. I’m a personal trainer and have recommended this to some of my clients.
Love this product and does the job when used in conjunction with exercise. I mix this with water and it tastes fine, other products aren’t bearable without milk and I like to mix with water to keep the calories and sugar down, so this was good for me. Not only did I notice a little weight loss, and more muscle tone, I feel more energetic and have a smaller appetite so I will be buying again.
Some people like the taste. One reviewer came up with a good idea to improve it,
Good taste with milk or water, sometimes mix with fresh strawberries, really filling .been using for a week lost 6lb. Will buy again.
There are many reviews along the lines,
Great product great tasting and great value…what more can I say.
Not everyone is as pleased,
Awful taste would not recommended. Also it makes me crave food instead of feel full.
Some reviewers felt it tasted very artificial,
Cafe Latte version tastes absolutely disgusting. It’s a very chemically taste. It smells like coffee, but tastes nothing like it.
One customer went even further,
Tasted rather poisonous, like chemicals or plastic. Wouldn’t recommend or buy again.
Others felt it just tasted horrible!
I’m surprised others said it tastes nice as it’s disgusting! I managed 1 week of it until I felt sick from just the taste! Waste of money!
So Does USN Diet Fuel Ultralean Work?
Yes, we believe that USN Diet Fuel Ultralean is one of the better Shake products on the market and will work as described. However, it will not suit everyone.
The advantages are that it will appeal to you if you are following a calorie-controlled diet and need an easy way of ensuring that you keep within your target. Replacing a meal with a shake, removes the need for making food choices. It is simple and low fuss and it can be effective.
The downside is that using this method is not sustainable for long-term weight loss. You may lose weight but it may be difficult to maintain once the diet is over. Shakes can lead to yo yo weight gain and do not help you come to terms with your eating habits.
A weight loss diet based on shakes can also lead to weight gain if you snack on top of it.
Where Can I Buy USN Diet Fuel Ultralean?
You can buy USN Diet Fuel Ultra Lean from various shops in the UK including Holland & Barrett and Tesco. It is also on sale from health and nutrition stores in locations around the world.
You can buy supplements direct from the USN website. 1 kg of USN Diet Fuel Ultralean costs £28.99. (Approximately 18 servings, based on 55g per serving).
2kg costs £37.00 (approximately 36 servings).
You select your preference from a choice of five flavours at the point of sale. Some flavours are available in 500g size tubs for £14.00. Free next day delivery is available to UK customers.
You can also buy USN Diet Fuel Ultra Lean via UK Amazon and it looks like the better deal. 1 kg of Ultralean in a choice of flavours costs £15.95, 2kg of Ultralean in a choice of flavours costs £27.95. Delivery is free to UK addresses.
USN Diet Fuel Ultralean is also on sale via Amazon USA from various sellers so prices vary. We found 1 kg of chocolate flavour on sale for $52.12 including US shipping. Other flavours are also available from other sellers. Prices seem to be around $76.00 per kilo container.
What About A Guarantee
There is no guarantee offered with Ultralean.
We quite like USN Diet Fuel Ultralean. This meal replacement drink contains ingredients that are high in protein and fibre which should satisfy appetite and hunger cravings. We like that it contains vitamins and minerals as well.
However, there is some confusion around whether or not it contains added Garcinia Cambogia and although this will not make much difference to the effects; we do not like these types of inconsistencies in product labelling.
There is a high amount of great genuine feedback for Ultralean. Many customers are extremely satisfied by weight loss that this supplement has helped them achieve as a vital part of a healthy diet and weight loss plan.
That said, this method does not appeal to everyone. The taste is an issue for many and some people will struggle with the concept of drinking a sweet drink instead of a eating a healthy meal. In addition, if you drink the meal replacement and then continue to snack, you will put on weight. This supplement drink does contain fat and 200 calories per serving so it will add to weight if you abuse it.
A common problem with meal replacement drinks for weight loss is that once the diet is over, it can be hard to find good eating habits to replace the supplement. In most cases weight loss via meal replacements leads to yo yo weight gain.
Our opinion of USN Diet Fuel Ultralean? We think it may be worth a try if you are considering going down the meal replacement route because it is one of the better ones on the market. However, we are sceptical about the concept of meal replacements leading to long term healthy weight loss so despite the good points we have no other option but to reject it.