Will this work and will you lose any weight? We find out.
Ab Cuts Sleek & Lean Pros
- Does not contain stimulants
- Some ingredients may be good for health
Ab Cuts Sleek & Lean Cons
- Very expensive
- High amount of negative feedback
- Lack of clinical evidence that proves CLA works
- No money-back guarantee
Ab Cuts Sleek & Lean Review
Sleek & Lean Facts
- Supplement made by Corr-Jensen Labs
- Each bottle of Ab Cuts Sleek and Lean Contains 40 servings
- Take between 6-9 servings a day
Ab Cuts Sleek and Lean contains Conjugated Linoeic Acid (CLA) as a major ingredient and is aimed at men and women going for that flat stomach and six pack look. Sounds good but some customers have found it has caused them to gain weight, not lose it.
Losing fat from the abdomen can be one of the hardest parts of weight loss and even when you work out, it can be the last fatty area to go.
Although you cannot target weight loss to specific parts of the body by taking a supplement, resistance training such as weights or circuits that work on these difficult areas can help convert fat to muscle.
Ab Cuts Sleek and Lean is marketed as a way to target stomach fat but in truth, this is not really possible. However if you spend time working on your fatty areas in the gym this supplement may help support your efforts.
The principle ingredient in Ab Cuts Sleek And Lean is Conjugated Linoeic Acid – a group of chemicals found in Linoeic acid and an omega 6 fatty acid. This is an essential fatty acid, which means it is essential for health and can only be obtained by diet alone.
There is some evidence that taking CLA supplements may help reduce fat deposits but before we all get carried away many of the positive results have been inconclusive when tested on humans. Results look promising on animals but scientific opinion is that CLA requires further proof.
However, this lack of concrete evidence has not stopped CLA being an ingredient in countless supplements. CLA is popular with bodybuilders because this nutritional protein derived from natural oils and the protein in meat and dairy, is believed to help build muscle tone. Anecdotally it is believed to work.
Ab Cuts is an American company that sits firmly within the health and bodybuilding niche but unlike many similar companies, it is focused on getting there healthily rather than taking stimulants and steroids.
The principle ingredient of the Ab Cuts range of products is CLA. The company describe themselves as providing “America’s Number One Brand Name CLA Supplement”.
As well as Sleek and Lean, you can also buy Ab Cuts Active For Women- described as “Cortisol Stress Hormone Balance ” aimed at stressed out women. Also in the range is Ab Cuts Dream Weaver – a supplement to promote healthy sleep and original Ab Cuts offering Lean Toned muscle mass for a trim toned core.
We covered original Ab Cuts in a previous Watchdog investigation and although we thought it had some good points it did not make it on the Approved List.
The company was founded by Corr Jensen and Ab Cuts and associated website Revolution Lifestyle is operated by Corr Jensen Labs Inc.
The address is:
6341 S. Troy Circle, Suite E, Centennial, CO 80016
The Ab Cuts website looks professional and glossy but for such a so-called fitness and health-inspired product, there is very little real information about Ab Cuts Sleek and Lean.
How to Take Ab Cuts Sleek & Lean
Apart from the advice to keep to 2000 calories a day during the weight loss period, there are no instructions about how and when to take the supplement. Even when we tried to find this out by clicking on the Ask Now button, we were not given the answer.
However there is a link to GNC – a major online supplement retailer on the Ab Cuts website and they advise that you take 2 – 3 servings with each meal:
- MORNING: Take 2-3 servings
- MID-AFTERNOON: Take 2-3 servings
- DINNER: Take 2-3 servings
As three softgel capsules equals one serving you are going to be taking a lot of capsules and getting through your supply extremely quickly.
If we were cynical, we would suspect that this is why the Ab Cuts Sleek And Lean product info does not mention this daily dose.
The product website is slick. There are plenty of moving images and slogans as well as moodily lit photos of athletes but there is zero practical information about how this supplement actually helps you. It all comes across as style over substance because there is no information about any clinical evidence and the supposed health benefits of CLA.
Ab Cuts Sleek & Lean Concerns:
- People may believe this supplement may help them lose weight not build muscle
- May increase cholesterol levels and increase risk of diabetes
- Expensive. Could be less than a week’s supply in each bottle
What Does Ab Cuts Sleek & Lean Claim To Do?
According to the Ab Cuts Sleek and Lean advertising, the supplement is;
Powered by CLA and designed for all body types
It comes in the form of;
Stimulant-free nutritional softgel formulated to reduce body fat, increase lean muscle tissue and improve muscle tone
The product website does not provide any clinical evidence or proof that CLA works for weight loss or muscle building and does not even explain what this substance actually is.
However they do state that the conjugated Linoleic Acid—CLA for short—used in the supplement;
is a nutritional ingredient sourced from natural safflower oil and found in grass-fed, organic animal protein and dairy
And that this;
aids in natural weight loss and production of lean muscle mass
So What Is Ab Cuts Sleek & Lean and What Are The Ingredients For Ab Cuts Sleek & Lean?
Ab Cuts Sleek and Lean is a supplement that may help you reduce fat and build muscle if you use it in combination with a diet and exercise plan.
Serving size is three capsules and adds up to 2270 mg ingredients per serving.
- CLA Oil (1700mg, 80% pure from Safflower): There have been some human clinical trials testing the effect of CLA on body composition. The results are controversial because;
- In addition there is no recommended dose and it requires further evidence.
Although CLA as a component of food is recognised as safe by the FDA, there are concerns about CLA supplements when taken by people who are obese. It can aggravate insulin resistance, which may lead to diabetes, and it may raise cholesterol levels too. Medical opinion is that people suffering from obesity should not take this supplement.
However when taken by people with a normal weight there are very few side effects. Consumers should be aware that the long-term effects of taking CLA supplements have not been fully tested or evaluated. Although some research indicates that CLA may be beneficial to health and muscle building, further evidence is needed. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17903328
- Fish Oil: Is a popular supplement rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Raspberry Ketones: Common ingredient in slimming supplements. Animal testing revealed that when extremely high doses of Raspberry Ketones were ingested it altered the metabolism and prevented the formation of lipids and fats. Requires further evidence.
- Borage Oil: This natural plant extract contains GLA Gamma Linoleic Acid a fatty acid compound of omega 6 also found in vegetable oils and human breast milk. It is often used as an anti-inflammatory and is being investigated for its role in cancer prevention, arthritis as similar. Inflammation is involved in all chronic diseases and GLA may help boost the immune system. There is no link between GLA and weight loss to muscle building. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17168669
- Flaxseed Oil: There is strong evidence that flax reduces cholesterol levels and there is some support for the use of flax seed as a laxative due to its dietary fiber content. Excessive consumption of flax without liquid can result in intestinal blockage.
- Sesame Seed Oil: Rich in antioxidant vitamin E and has been associated with lowering cholesterol levels. It can have a laxative effect.
- L-Carnitine: This amino acid helps the body convert fat into energy. Your body makes this substance in the kidneys and liver and stores it in the muscles, heart and brain.
Taking L Carnitine supplements can be effective for some medical conditions but there is no evidence that it helps with weight loss or boosts exercise performance. Source: http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/carnitine-lcarnitine
- Coleus Forskohlii (10% Forskolin):Plant chemical that may be effective for treating a variety of conditions including strengthening heart muscles but it requires further clinical investigation into efficacy and safety. There does not appear to be any reason to take this for weight loss. Forskolin may interfere with blood clotting and interact with medicines
- Vitamin E (18mcg): Powerful antioxidant found naturally in nuts, vegetable oils and green vegetables.
- Stomach upset
- May raise cholesterol levels
- Weight gain
significant effects of CLA on body fat have not been consistently reported
So What Does All This Mean?
Ab Cuts Sleek and Lean contain some healthy looking ingredients and CLA is popularly believed to improve muscle tone. However there is no real clinical evidence to prove this and there is no reason why this supplement should specifically work on your mid section as described.
In addition, this supplement will not help you lose weight. If you are overweight, it may increase risk of diabetes and it may make you put weight on.
Does Ab Cuts Sleek & Lean Have Any Side Effects?
Ab Cuts Sleek and Lean is stimulant free and should not cause too many adverse side effects. However, some customers have complained of bloating and weight gain.
Here are two typical comments:
I actually felt bloated and gained 4 pounds since I started taking them. I’ve been off the pills for about a week now and am no longer bloated
I lost a few inches at first but half way through the bottle I started gaining weight even with a diet
CLA may increase risk of contracting diabetes and it may worsen the condition. Other potential side effects include;
Caution: Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you suffer from diabetes or metabolic syndrome. Avoid if you are severely overweight. Do not take if you are on prescription medication for blood clotting.
Any Ab Cuts Sleek & Lean Reviews From Customers?
Yes, there are plenty of independent customer reviews for this supplement and a few people are satisfied;
I have noticed my stomach is much smaller. I work out four days a week and watch what I eat but we have to keep in mind nothing works by itself you have to put in the work to see a result!!
This product really works if used properly. I hit the gym hard and needed a boost to get the right cuts that I wanted for myself. It really works
Many customers have not been as happy;
I tried these till the whole bottle was gone. Counted my calorie intake and exercised daily and I didn’t see any difference whatsoever.
I paired this product with the diet and exercise routine and after 2 months could see no difference. I would have to recommend that you don’t waste your money.
There are lots of negative customer reviews that say the same thing.
So Does Ab Cuts Sleek & Lean Work?
Some customers believe that it works but results are by no means guaranteed. Even when used in combination with the gym and dietary changes it does not seem to do much. This supplement will not help you lose weight. It may help improve muscle tone but any effects are unlikely to show up on the scales.
Where Can I Buy Ab Cuts Sleek & Lean?
You can buy Ab Cuts Sleek and Lean direct from the product website via the GNC supplement retail store.
One bottle of 120 softgels (40 servings) costs $59.99. You are advised to take between 6 to 9 servings a day so this is less than 1 week’s supply.
Shipping may be free to US addresses but this does not include Hawaii and Alaska. You will need to contact GNC to find details for international shipping if you live outside the US.
Ab Cuts Sleek and Lean is also available via Amazon.com. from third party sellers and is generally much cheaper. One bottle of 120 softgels costs $18.78 from one seller, with free shipping on offer for orders over $35.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee on offer.
Ab Cuts Sleek and Lean is not aimed at people looking to lose weight. It is aimed at people looking to build muscle so if you take it for weight loss you are going to be disappointed.
This supplement is not advisable for people who are overweight and can increase cholesterol levels so there seems little point in taking it for health reasons.
Even if you are looking to build muscle and you work out every day, the results may not be as good as described. The principle ingredient CLA lacks any real clinical evidence to prove the claims and all advice is that it requires further testing. This mean that even committed gym goers may be equally disappointed and there is a lot of negative customer feedback that reinforces this opinion.
We are not impressed with Abs Cuts Sleek and Lean. It is not the worst supplement on the market and there will not be too many side effects but that is no reason for taking it. We have no other choice but to reject it.