We take a more in-depth look at this non-prescription appetite suppressant.
- Free from stimulants
- Lacks company details
- Lacks full ingredient profile
- Very expensive International shipping
- Poor consumer feedback
- Manufactured by Blackfire Global, LLC in Utah, USA
- Number of capsules and suggested use not given on website
- Non prescription appetite suppressant
The product and marketing look very similar to another product we have reviewed recently, namely Thermogenosis. There is clearly a set formula here that a few companies seem to follow!
This time though instead of a happy, slim and sexy couple we see a happy doctor standing next to a big bottle of Adipotrol. We wonder if this is the doctor who has scientifically developed this product
What stuck us is how medical, prescription like the bottle looked to us. This is certainly the look this product is going for, but don’t be fooled though, this isn’t a prescription drug!
Each bottle lasts 30 days, there is no indication how many capsules or when you should take them though. Although not essential to the success of this product the manufacturers advise using Adipotrol in conjunction with a healthy diet and some regular exercise.
With the offer of a FREE bottle of “3 Day Diet Pill” with orders of 2 bottles or more, we see if Adipotrol is a product not to be missed.
- Uses pseudo medical approach when marketed
- Lack of a full ingredient profile
- References clinical studies but no links to studies, so impossible to validate!
What Does Adipotrol Claim To Do?
This supplement claims to “lose weight fast” by…
- Makes eating less easier
- Contain clinically proven ingredients
- No stimulants or side effects
- Offer a money-back guarantee
This “no-ordinary diet pill” apparently caused a sensation when released in early 2011 (really?) and has…
no known side effects, but still works fat-slashing wonders on the human body.
Some of claims made by the manufacturers made us a smile, especially…
Adipotrol uses a laser like focus in its approach to weight loss.
Right, let’s check out what’s in this supplement.
So What Is Adipotrol and What Are The Ingredients For Adipotrol?
There are what the manufacturers call “four highly effective ingredients” are in Adipotrol, which are all said to be clinically proven to promote weight loss. Three of these ingredients we are quite familiar with but the last one was new to us, PinnoThin Powder.
Let’s take a closer look at each one:
- Chromax: The manufacturers quote a study (but NO reference) showing 1000mg of Chromax helps you reduce 365 calories a day compared to just 157 calories in the placebo group. Again no evidence is offered to back this up and no indication of how much Chromax is included in Adipotrol. The National Institute of Health did some in depth research into ALL the published studies claiming Chromium can help lose fat and came to this conclusion:
Chromium supplements are sometimes claimed to reduce body fat and increase lean (muscle) mass. Yet a recent review of 24 studies that examined the effects of 200to 1,000mg a day of chromium (in the form of chromium picolinate) on body mass or composition found NO significant benefits” and
In several studies chromium’s effects on body weight and composition may be called in to question
Source: National Institute of Health
- Glucomannan: A soluble fiber that swells when in contact with water in the stomach, which helps to make you feel fuller. Adipotrol quotes one study that shows 20 overweight subjects to have lost 5.5 pounds in 8 weeks with Glucomannan. There is some good research about this ingredient, and so could potentially yield positive results but there is NO INDICATION if there is enough in here as studies suggest, which is AT LEAST 3,000mg per day!
- Super Citrimax: Claims to lower appetite and lower fat production. We have no idea what the “super” is meant to mean but sounds good! This is patented form of the dried fruit rind of Garcinia cambogia that contains hydroxycitric acid (HCA). Studies by Interhealth Nutraceuticals who produce and own this patented compound have argued 500mg daily consumption can significantly reduce body weight. There is just no idea how much is included in this supplement!
- PinnoThin Powder: A patented ingredient that is made by Lipid Nutrition. This powder is from three acids extracted from the Korean pine nut tree, which is said to promote the production of peptide hormone cholecystokinin (CCK) from the gallbladder. CCK is a hunger suppressant and so this ingredient works to suppress appetite.
So What Does All This Mean?
We doubt that the introduction of Adipotrol “caused a significant sensation” as the manufacturers suggest. The few consumer testimonials seemingly available contradict this claim.
You have one ingredient that’s not considered to be effective, two ingredients that may work if in sufficient amounts and a relatively unknown (and possibly untested) ingredient. Not too persuasive eh?
The good thing about Adipotrol though is NO stimulants, not even caffeine! This is the only real bonus of this diet pill.
Does Adipotrol Have Any Side Effects?
No side effects are mentioned and there is no caffeine in this supplement, so great news for those consumers sensitive to this ingredient!
There a few are known side effects with Glucomannan though, especially if you’re not used to fiber. Upset stomach, constipation and excessive gas are common side effects in some individuals.
Caution: Anyone taking any prescription medicine or have a pre-existing health condition should seek medical advice before taking. Pregnant or nursing mothers, anyone under 18 years of age or have a BMI of 18.5 or less should avoid this supplement.
Any Adipotrol Reviews From Customers?
There are a few customer testimonials on the official site, which as you would expect praise the effectiveness of this supplement. There is no way for us to confirm how genuine these reviews really are.
A couple of reviews on Amazon may show the real story with a rating of 1.0 out of 5 stars.
One particular unhappy customer had this to say…
I took adipotrol for two weeks just like the directions said to and nothing happened. It is supposed to be an appetite suppressant, well it seemed to make me even more hungry. It was very disappointing plus I wasted $60. I would not recommend this product to anyone!!! Save your money.
So Does Adipotrol Work?
The manufacturers make some fairly strong claims about their product. They make a BIG deal out of the fact that Adipotrol can supposedly “directly targets and attacks fat” (see picture).
Hmmm, interesting considering that the ingredients is very much focused at suppressing your appetite. How can an appetite suppressant target and attack fat cells?
We can’t help but think this product uses a bit of “science” to convince consumers it works.
Lastly we don’t know the amounts of the actual ingredients used too. The clinical studies referenced (but not linked too!) reveal the weight loss experienced in the “trial” but no ingredient amounts either. That is apart from Chromium, which has been discredited for promoting ANY significant weight loss.
Where Can I Buy Adipotrol?
Available from the official website, Adipotrol costs from $69.95 for one bottle to $149.95 for the “best value” package of 3 bottles. A free bottle of “3 Day Diet Pill” is on offer when you buy 2 or more bottles at a time.
So what is 3 Day Diet Pill? This claims to be an advanced detox formula that can give your weight loss an added boost. Hmmm we can’t be sure about that and have concerns over detox diet pills (see our article)!
Shipping costs $4.95 for the one bottle package with FREE shipping for domestic US orders on 2 or more bottles. If you’re outside the US then International shipping charges are VERY expensive, around $83 for FedEx International Priority from US to the UK!
What About a Guarantee?
As we have come to expect with supplements from these manufacturers a 90-day money-back guarantee is on offer.
Blackfire Global, LLC, the owners of Adipotrol has links to companies’ poor track record, like Gadd Formulas. Recently though Blackfire Global, LLC appear to have improved their public image, so maybe they are one of the few Utah diet pill companies to buck the trend!
Containing no stimulants at all, this supplement will appeal to consumers sensitive to ingredients like caffeine. So no jittery side effects here!
Adipotrol is expensive though and considering it lacks basic information like ingredient amounts, positive independent testimonials and clinical references to support claims, we would not recommend this supplement over better value for money products.
We have to admit the pseudo medical marketing puts us off and the misleading claims that Adipotrol can “target and attack fat cells” means we are going to reject Adipotrol.