This diet pill that makes some extravagant claims including increasing your abdominal fat loss by a massive 298%! It looks like a typical body builder’s supplement but most of the ingredients are natural which is a point in its favour. A downside is that you are advised to avoid caffeine so this supplement will not suit you if you enjoy a cup of tea or coffee, or a glass of cola as part of your daily routine.
Advanced Genetics F10 Pros
- Supplement manufactured in a GMP facility
- Ingredients label clearly printed
Advanced Genetics F10 Cons
- The advertising is far fetched
- Contains stimulants (so avoid coffee/tea)
- No independent customer feedback
- No money-back guarantee
Advanced Genetics F10 Review
Advanced Genetics F10 Facts
- Made in Canada by Advanced Genetics
- Each bottle contains 84 capsules
- Body building supplement
Advanced Genetics F10 is just one of a whole range of products on sale from Advanced Genetics, a Canadian company founded in 2005. The CEO is Chris Johnson a body builder himself and the company specialise in providing Nutraceautical products for this niche market.
Advanced Genetics manufacture their products in a controlled GMP (good manufacturing practice) facility and at the time of writing have 11 supplements in their range. These include Alpha – a legal anabolic hormone optimizer and GP3 described as the Worlds Most Effective Muscle Building Formula. F10 is described as the World’s Fastest Acting Fat Burner so we are beginning to see a pattern with the Advanced Genetics advertising here.
Advanced Genetics F10 is not aimed at someone who just wants to lose a bit of weight to look and feel healthier. The website is aimed at hardcore body builders and the images on the website are extreme! The home page features a photo montage of three body builders – one man and two women that to the non body builder does not look that attractive when you look at all those bulging muscles and prominent veins! There is anything wrong with bodybuilding and it is after all a free country, but this is not a look that will appeal to the mainstream. It will not encourage people outside the world of bodybuilding to take this supplement.
Advanced Genetics F10 contains mainly natural ingredients so may not cause as many side effects as other brands. However, there is a high stimulant content and the fact that you are warned off consuming caffeine products while using the supplement is of concern.
To use Advanced Genetics F10 take on an empty stomach or before eating for best results. You are advised to take 2 capsules twice daily but to begin with, only 1 capsule twice daily until you acclimatise to the effects. For best results, you are advised to take F10 for twelve weeks and then have a break of 2 to 3 weeks. You are also advised to take GP3 at the same time for the best muscle building effects.
Advanced Genetics do not give out their address. The supplement is manufactured in Canada and you can contact them via email but not by phone or in person.
A quick investigation on the internet shows that there are other companies called Advanced Genetics but these are usually in the agriculture business and mostly to do with animal breeding services which we found quite interesting but irrelevant.
Advanced Genetics F10 Concerns:
- Aggressive brand aimed more at the body-builder than dieter
- Lacks independent customer reviews
- Lacks money-back guarantee
What Does Advanced Genetics F10 Claim To Do?
According to Advanced Genetics, F10 will help you go beyond shredded! If you are not a body builder – this means well defined muscles in the arms and abs also known as a six-pack.
The key features claimed by the manufacturers of F10 are:
- Increase Abdominal Fat Loss by 298%
- Boost Resting Metabolic Rate by 11%
- Crush Appetite and Cravings
- Increased metabolism
- Boost cAMP
- Optimize Thyroid Function
- Enhance Energy and Focus
There is a graph that demonstrates the abdominal fat loss and also the boost to the resting metabolic rate that can be achieved over a 12-week period and it is all fairly meaningless but small print indicates that these effects are based on Green tea and caffeine. The figures and the 298% in particular are not fully explained.
According to the advertising;
F-10 combines the most cutting-edge fat loss ingredients into one powerful formula strong enough for professional physique athletes.
You may be wondering about cAMP. A brief explanation is that Cyclic Adenosine Monophosphate is a second messenger – a molecule in the body that relays signals to the hormones such as adrenaline and growth factors. It is believed to enhance the breakdown of fats. Boosting cAMP is believed to enhance the fat burning effect and improve health but it has been linked to the possibility of cAMP being a trigger for some types of cancer.
So What Is Advanced Genetics F10 and What Are The Ingredients For Advanced Genetics F10?
Advanced Genetics F10 is a fat burner, which is designed to drastically increase your metabolism, reduce your appetite and put your body firmly into flight or fight mode. This will help you lose weight but will probably cause you to feel extremely jittery and simply too on edge to eat. It is designed for the athlete and body builder so the idea is that you use it to enhance your performance and burn off some of the effects with exercise.
The F10 Fat Incinerator Formula contains 1450mg of active ingredients per two capsule serving.
- Quercetin (500mg): This is a plant derived flavenol and is a yellow crystalline pigment. Flavanols are found in most plants and the average daily intake for the Western diet is around 40mg per day. When tested on mice, Quercetin was found to improve endurance levels. Because of this research on mice, it is believed to be an effective sports supplement but remains unproven and unfounded, according to research. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration have not approved any health claims for Quercetin and it may interact with medication including antibiotics. Source: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/07/phys-ed-will-drinking-make-you-do-it/
- Green Tea (300mg): Natural tea which Contains 98% polyphenols and 50% EGCG –two antioxidants with powerful health benefits and fat burning function. According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, fat oxidation was increased by 35% after subjects supplemented their diet with green tea extract. Read our in-depth Green Tea ingredient watch article. Source: http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/6/1040.abstract
- Caffeine (275mg): This well-known stimulant boosts energy and alertness and when combined with green tea is associated with causing increase metabolism and fat burning. This works best for people who do not usually drink coffee and clinical testing carried out by the University of Maastricht found that the fat burning effects were negligible in high caffeine users. Read our in-depth Caffeine article here. Source:
- N Methyl beta phenylethamine (100mg): This compound is a stimulant that is believed to work on the dopamine receptors in the brain and create a positive effect upon mood and energy levels. When tested on dogs it proved that this compound had an effect upon the central nervous system. Believed to boost cAMP levels along with caffeine. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7120117
- Raspberry Ketones (100mg): This is a common ingredient in diet pills and animal testing revealed that when high doses of Raspberry Ketones were ingested it altered the metabolism and prevented the formation of lipids and fats. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15862604
- Hordenine HCL (100mg): Is a naturally derived chemical found in plants including barley and an alkaloid in the phentylamine class. It is a stimulant and a common ingredient for weight loss supplements because it is believed to affect the central nervous system and increase the metabolism. Largely untested on humans despite promising initial results and it can increase heart rate and blood pressure. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hordenine
- Red Pepper Extract (50mg): In high levels, capsicum has proven to be an effective ingredient in the decrease of weight regain. It does not help you lose weight but it can have an effect of keeping it off. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsaicin
- Coleus Forskohlii (10%) (25mg): Derived from a Kenyan plant and believed to build muscle mass. Some clinical testing has not backed up this opinion. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129145/
So What Does All This Mean?
F10 contains a lot of stimulants and ingredients designed to work on your nervous system. Although some of these have performed well in clinical testing, not everything in this supplement seems effective. It may have a stimulant effect and this may help you lose weight.
Does Advanced Genetics F10 Have Any Side Effects?
Yes, this supplement will cause side effects. The stimulant content will increase heartbeat and blood pressure and may lead you to feeling wired and jittery.
This may help you lose weight but taking this supplement long term does not fit into a healthy lifestyle. The fat burning effects of the green tea and caffeine combination will probably wear off once your body becomes accustomed to the caffeine and if you are already a regular caffeine user, it may not make much difference.
Caution: Avoid if you have any medical condition especially high blood pressure or a heart condition. Do not take with any other medication including antibiotics. Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Any Advanced Genetics F10 Reviews From Customers?
The only reviews are available via body builder sites aiming to sell the product so there is a lack of independent customer evaluation.
So Does Advanced Genetics F10 Work?
Not as well as the advertising claims.
We don’t understand how you can lose 298% more of your abdominal fat by using it or even how this precise figure was reached. You may notice the stimulant effect and you may lose some weight but despite the hype, this does not look anything special.
Many of the ingredients remain untested on humans.
Where Can I Buy Advanced Genetics F10?
You can buy the supplement direct from the product website. A bottle containing 84 capsules costs $64.99. This will only be enough for the first month’s supply when you take 2 capsules a day for the first week, before moving onto 4 a day.
Shipping costs are not specified so if you live outside Canada or the USA you will need to contact the company.
What About a Money-Back Guarantee?
There appears to be no money back guarantee on offer.
Advanced Genetics F10 is a supplement that promises dramatic muscle building effects and weight loss, but behind the hype, it is just another stimulant.
You may lose some weight but at $64.99 and the recommendation that you stay on this for 12 weeks it will be expensive.
We don’t like the fact that the product advertising recommends you take this with their other supplements. We do not like the mad claims made by the advertising that claim you will lose 298% of abdominal fat! It all seems a bit far fetched and we feel our readers deserve better.
In the face of much better supplements at cheaper prices we can only reject Advanced Genetics F10.