Batch5 Extreme is a US diet pill. The company behind it is bCharged Labs who are based in Seattle and as well as this supplement the company also produce a batch7 and batch3 plus some other products aimed to address both women and men’s health issues.
BCharged do have a product website but all their sales our carried out via Amazon.com.
Batch5 Extreme Pros
- Positive customer feedback
- A few good ingredients
Batch5 Extreme Cons
- Suspicious looking positive reviews posted Amazon website
- Lacks ingredients information
- No information about manufacturer or company
- No money-back guarantee
Batch5 Extreme Review
Batch5 Extreme Facts
- Company behind batch5 Extreme is named as bCharged Labs
- Each bottle contains 80 capsules
- Sold on Amazon
When you are looking for a little something to help boost weight loss and energy levels, a fat burner seems to tick the right boxes. Batch5 Extreme is a fairly typical looking fat burner, which contains a blend of stimulants plus ingredients believed to boost your metabolism.
Customer feedback has been positive and if all the positive reviews are to be believed, batch5, Extreme does not cause too many side effects.
We find this surprising because there are a couple of ingredients which have been known to cause problems including citrus Aurantium (bitter orange extract) well known for increasing heart rate and blood pressure.
Garcinia Cambogia is a named ingredient. This South Asian fruit has been investigated for weight loss and looks promising. However, it does require further clinical testing and so far, results are inconclusive.
There is not a great deal of product information for batch5 Extreme. The advertisers do not reveal the amount quantities and there are no links to any clinical evidence that proves that this supplement actually works.
Batch 5 Extreme is marketed by bCharged Labs a US company who are based in Seattle USA. The company website is crisp and targets people who are interested in health, fitness and the gym. It is a fairly masculine style in black but the picture gallery includes both sexes working on gym equipment so it is aimed at women as well as men.
The batch 5 Extreme product packaging follows this stripped down website style and the branding – all products are called by their batch number names gives a no nonsense image that will appeal to people who are sick of the usual overblown names and claims of many other diet pills on the market.
As well as batch5 Extreme you can also find batch7 Carbohydrate blocker designed to help you block some of the carbs that you eat, batch3 Fucoxanthin Fat Burn – a supplement that uses sea weed as its active ingredient and batchM a men’s multivitamin pill.
How to Use batch5 Extreme
To use batch5 Extreme, you are advised to take 2-4 capsules 30-60 minutes prior to exercise or meals with at least 8 ounces of water to ensure maximum nutrient absorption.
For optimal results use daily. For people sensitive to stimulants or caffeine; begin with taking the lower dosage of 2 capsules in the morning to assess tolerance. Do not exceed 8 capsules per day.
We could not find much out about bCharged Labs. Strangely, although they claim to be based in Seattle we could not find any reference to this company via any business directories and the company do not provide a business address or contact phone number.
Our guess is that despite the professional appearance of the product website, bCharged Labs is a fairly small concern who may even be operating from a private address. That’s no crime but without any information, we cannot guarantee that the supplements are manufactured by this company or whether they are produced in the USA.
The background to the supplement is therefore totally unknown and the company behind them is giving nothing away. This is a matter for concern.
Batch5 Extreme Concerns:
- We do not know where it is made and no information on manufacturer
- We don’t know exactly what is contained in these capsules
- Questions concerning number of positive feedback
What Does Batch5 Extreme Claim To Do?
According to the website advertising:
batch5 Extreme is a fat burner dietary supplement designed to help you lose weight through thermogenesis and get the most out of your workout for maximum athletic performance.
This supplement supposedly;
Includes only the most potent and pure of natural ingredients which make it the most effective and fast-acting fat burning supplement available.
You are advised to;
Take before exercise to increase energy levels and prior to meals to boost your metabolism
This all sounds reasonable but bCharged does not back up any of these claims with evidence. In addition this is the sum total of their product information apart from naming the ingredients.
So What Is Batch5 Extreme and What Are The Ingredients For Batch5 Extreme?
Batch5 Extreme is a Fat burner diet pill. The company do not provide any ingredients information whatsoever regarding amounts so we cannot give any specific ingredients information only a general overview.
Each serving appears to be two capsules according to the directions.
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCI): This vitamin, found in meat and dairy products is involved in many aspects of the metabolism and the breakdown of lipids. Pyridoxine is sometimes used for treating ADD and a range of other conditions. It can cause drug interactions and side effects and dosage varies depending on condition.
The RDA varies too. Men should ensure they consume between 1.3mg – 1.7mg daily depending on age. Women between 1.3mg and 1.9mg and the maximum RDA is no more than 100mg. We do not know how much is present in this diet pill.
Source: Web MD resource
- Chromium (as Chromium Amino Acid Chelate): Chelated chromium contains chromium that has been chemically combined with other substances, like amino acids. This trace mineral believed to promote muscle growth and fat burning but lacks evidence. Chromium is present in a normal diet and scientists believe that supplementation is unnecessary.
- Garcinia (Garcinia Cambogia): This natural purple fruit found in India and South Asia is also known as the Gambooge or Brindleberry. The rind is rich in Hydroxycitric acid and some evidence has suggested it may help modest weight loss but additional study is needed to confirm these results.
- Guarana Seed Extract: Natural South American berry, which contains more caffeine than coffee.
- Citrus Aurantium 6% powder: This stimulant raises the heart rate and increases blood pressure. It is believed to stimulate the breakdown of fat but there is a lack of clinical evidence to prove this. There is evidence however, that Citrus Aurantium causes heart problems so you should avoid it if you suffer from any heart related health conditions.
- White Willow (Salix Alba) Extract: Care needs to be taken before taking white willow root because it causes stomach problems especially bleeding. Aspirin is derived from white willow but has been modified to avoid this problem. Quantities not known and are a matter for concern. Source: http://www.thepoisongarden.co.uk/atoz/salix_alba.htm
- Cayenne (Capsicum Annuum): Some scientific research suggests that eating more cayenne may help reduce depressive over eating or comfort eating if taken in sufficient quantities.
- Green Tea: This has proven health benefits because of the high levels of antioxidants it contains. This has been found to promote modest weight loss because of the effects upon the metabolism. Contains caffeine. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23140132
- Uva Ursi: This plant extract is sometimes used to reduce bacteria in urine. It has a diuretic effect and can cause side effects including stomach pains, vomiting and nausea. In high quantities, it can lead to liver disease.
- Dandelion: Well known plant which causes increased urination and known in folk medicine as “wet the bed” (pissenlit in French).
- L-Carnitine: Amino acid Taking L Carnitine supplements can be effective for some medical conditions but there is no evidence that it helps with weight loss or boosts exercise performance.
- Sleep disturbances
- Increased heart rate
- Elevated blood pressure
- Increase risk of strokes
- Increased risk of cardio vascular problems
- Stomach pain
- Internal bleeding
- Increased risk of miscarriage
So What Does All This Mean?
Batch5 Extreme contains a range of stimulant ingredients as well as vitamins and amino acids. Some of the ingredients are potentially dangerous – Citrus Aurantium is known to raise heart rate and blood pressure (see our investigation into this ingredient) and we are concerned at the inclusion of White Willow and Urva Ursi, both of which can cause dangerous side effects.
The big problem is that without an adequate ingredients breakdown it is hard to assess safety. B6 for example is a vitamin but may cause side effects if taken in high quantities.
You really have no idea of what you are taking here. For anyone interested in health, this does not sound very healthy.
It seems unlikely to cause any weight loss either.
Does Batch5 Extreme Have Any Side Effects?
There are some side effects reported by customers;
One man reported;
Work up fine, but as soon as I took the pills in the morning, my head became unclear and sleepy. Also, I had a severe diarrhoea during the night.
This ties in with the ingredients list and in particular, Urva Ursi and White willow extract.
Another customer was attracted to batch5 Extreme because he did not realise the supplement contained caffeine.
I did not feel any effect at all. I started at 2 pills a day and then went up to 6 or 7 because I wouldn’t feel any effect. At that point all I would get is a headache, buts that it, no increased energy or appetite suppression.
Stomach problems are an issue with this diet pill;
It makes me very sick even on a full stomach
Other customers have reported the same experience.
Side effects may include;
Caution: Do not take batch 5 Extreme if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breast-feeding. Urva Ursi is sometimes used in herbal medicine to induce childbirth (abortions)
Avoid if you have a heart condition or suffer from high blood pressure. Do not take if you are sensitive to stimulants or caffeine. Avoid this supplement if you are taking prescription medication because of possible drug interactions.
Any Batch5 Extreme Reviews From Customers?
There are hundreds of positive reviews for batch 5Extreme. This made some customers (and us) suspicious.
One customer described the problem:
After buying these and then going over 100+ reviews, I have to agree with people that believe most of the high rated reviews are fake.
This thing just started getting a crazy amount of reviews very quickly compared to most products in Amazon. And most are people who review one other item which appears meaningless, or sometimes they review it the exact same day and bashing some other competing product. Like a review bashing top selling Garcinia Cambogia and giving this 5 stars.
Other customers have been troubled by this issue;
Not sure if the pills work but the reviews are FAKE! Funny how either this is the only product the customer has reviewed or they reviewed a few other products but only on the SAME DAY! Really??? Its sad when you cannot get honest feedback about a product. If it works you should not have to go make fake profiles and fake reviews.
There are other reviews. Some customers have found that the supplement does not work;
…Not really an edge on my workout focus or anything. No noticeable increase in weight-loss. Don’t waste your hard earned money on this product just hit the gym harder and focus on your diet
We searched for independent reviews and only looked for positive reviews left by people who had reviewed numerous products before (on different dates)
This was hard to find. As the previous reviews alleged, many of the five star reviews do look suspicious.
However, there are a few independent positive reviews dotted here and there. One satisfied customer wrote;
I have lost 7 pounds after taking this supplement for almost a month.
I take these twice a day & another brand once a day. At first, it took some getting use to as I started getting a little gassy & would sometimes burp a funny smell, which I associate with these capsules.
Great but this lady is also taking another supplement at the same time. Not recommended.
I’ve been using Batch5 for about 3 weeks and certainly feel like I’m shredding fat around my midsection faster. I generally take four pills before a run and love the effect. Highly recommended!
There are some positive reviews but nowhere near as many as it appears.
So Does Batch5 Extreme Work?
Hard to say. It is very difficult to find independent positive reviews. There are some positive reviews but they get lost in the high number of reviews which do not fulfil our independence criteria. However, batch5 obviously works for some so it may work a bit.
We are concerned about the contents and the ingredients and we are not sure that this supplement is safe.
There is a high incidence of side effects connected with the stomach and digestive problems and many people appear to be ignoring any sort of recommended dose.
Where Can I Buy Batch5 Extreme?
You can buy batch5 Extreme from Amazon.com. The company do not sell direct from their product website.
One bottle of 80 capsules (10 -20 days supply) costs $24.95 plus standard shipping costs to US addresses.
Batch5 Extreme is not available to customers outside the USA.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee is on offer.
We are feeling decidedly underwhelmed by batch5 Extreme and disappointed because it all started off so well.
We loved the fact there was so much customer feedback but it did not take long to find that much of this looked very unconvincing.
Batch5 Extreme lacks ingredients information and an adequate profile and you have no idea what it actually contains. Some of the ingredients look OK but how much of anything is even in this supplement?
The company behind batch5 Extreme are impossible to pin down to an address and even a detailed search of the Seattle area (where they claim to be based) does not throw up any company information. Our suspicion is that bCharged Labs is a tiny concern run from a residential address. Are they even making this supplement and if not where exactly is it made? None of this information should be secret and the fact that it is, is a cause for concern.
There are just too many unanswered questions about batch5 Extreme. We wouldn’t recommend it so for that reason we have no other choice but to reject Batch5 Extreme.