We take a look into Bio Synergy Body Perfect to find out more.
Body Perfect Pros
- Some positive customer feedback
- Reasonably priced
Body Perfect Cons
- Contains stimulants which will not suit everyone
- Weight loss results seem very modest
- No money-back guarantee
Bio Synergy Body Perfect Review
Body Perfect Facts
- Reputable UK company. Lord Coe is a company shareholder
- Container size either 60 or 180 capsules
- Recommended daily dose 2-4 capsules a day
If you are looking to burn fat and boost your weight loss efforts, Bio Synergy Body Perfect looks an appealing choice. Containing only natural ingredients including green tea and caffeine, this diet pill comes with some impressive award winning credentials.
Bio Synergy is a British company founded in 1997 that specialises in sports and fitness nutrition. All supplements are manufactured in Britain and cover a wide range of products related to sport, health and fitness.
These include protein powders for weight trainers and athletes, energy and recovery supplements including energy drinks and capsules, supplements to boost athletic performance via natural ingredients and more.
With the growing rise of obesity, these days diet pills sit firmly within the health and fitness range of any supplement company so there is also an extensive range of weight loss products too.
Bio Synergy has some impressive credentials.
According to company shareholder Lord Sebastian Coe, yes the same guy that masterminded the 2012 Olympics and acclaimed all round legend;
Our aim is to be the number one sports nutrition company in the world.
The company seem to be heading that way. Many Bio Synergy products have won awards and have been endorsed by some major sporting establishments, including the Commonwealth Games, Premier Rugby, Arsenal FC, Tottenham FC and more.
Awards for this particular supplement include being voted No.1 Weight loss supplement by Women’s Fitness readers and a positive Daily Mail feature which gave Body Perfect an 8/10 rating.
Source: Daily Mail article
How to Use Body Perfect
To use Bio Synergy Body Perfect, take 2-4 capsules split throughout the day on an empty stomach with a glass of water.
Do not exceed the recommended dose and do not take after 4pm because of the caffeine content.
Bio Synergy Body Perfect is a Fat burner diet pill that offers you a way to burn fat and boost your energy levels. It contains only natural ingredients including green tea, Citrus Aurantium and caffeine so will act as a stimulant as well as burn fat and suppress appetite.
Stimulants do not suit everyone. Some people find that they cause hard to handle side effects such as jitteriness and anxiety and the Citrus Aurantium content (also known as synephrine) should not be taken if you have any underlying health issues especially relating to heart or blood pressure.
Because the focus of the company is firmly on sport, we guess the idea is that you should burn some of this excess energy off in the gym or on the track.
- Contains Citrus Aurantium which is linked to heart problems
- Using stimulants is not always a safe way to boost weight loss
- Advertising does not provide any health warnings about side effects or drug interactions
What Does Bio Synergy Body Perfect Claim To Do?
According to the advertising Body Perfect comes with numerous benefits.
- Award winning, Voted No.1 by Women’s Fitness and top rated by Daily Mail
- Ideal for those looking to burn fat
- No.1 selling product
- Natural ingredients
- Easy & convenient to use
- Choose from 1 or 3 month supply
- Noticeable results within 1 month
Contains the highest quality herbal extracts, including green tea, caffeine and l-tyrosine which are supported by extensive research to aid fat loss goals in conjunction with a balanced diet and regular exercise.
Blended using the latest fat loss research for high strength lean body support and fast definition results
So What Is Bio Synergy Body Perfect and What Are The Ingredients For Bio Synergy Body Perfect?
Bio Synergy is a Fat Burner diet pill, which may help you lose weight by increasing the speed of your metabolism in order for you to burn off fat at a faster rate than you would do otherwise.
Each capsule contains the following ingredients.
- L-Tyrosine (165mg): This amino acid is present in meat and a “normal” diet unless you are a vegetarian.
Anecdotally it is believed to improve training and exercise performance. L Tyrosine is an androgenic, which means that it stimulates adrenaline and this function can help reduce the appetite by making you feel too “keyed up” to eat. Some people find this makes them feel “sick with nerves.” Others have no problem. See our previous article on L Tyrosine.
- Green Tea Standardised Extract (400mg): Green tea contains Epigallocatechin Gallate a natural antioxidant found in all types of tea. This ingredient has proven health benefits and is being tested for treatment of numerous health conditions Green tea is found to have anti obesity and thermogenic properties. According to some clinical investigation, Green tea combined with resistance training can lead to a dramatic decrease in body fat, waist circumference, and triacylglyceride levels. It may help increase lean body mass and muscle strength. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23140132
- Citrus Aurantium (82.5mg) (also known as Synephrine or Bitter Orange Extract): This stimulant raises the heart rate and increases blood pressure. It is believed to stimulate the breakdown of fat and boost the metabolism but there is a lack of clinical evidence to prove this. There is evidence however, that Citrus Aurantium causes heart problems and it should be avoided if you suffer from any heart related health conditions. See our article on Synephrine here
- Naringin 66mg): Naringin is found in grapefruit and is the flavanoid which gives it the bitter taste. There is some evidence that it may reduce fat levels according to some clinical investigation. This substance can interact with the absorption of drugs so you should avoid anything containing Naringin if you are taking medication.
- Caffeine (50mg): Caffeine enhances energy and has a metabolism boosting effect so helps you burn off fat and calories. A medium sized cup of filter coffee contains around 100mg of caffeine. See our ingredient article on Caffeine.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid (33mg): Alpha Lipoic Acid is being tested for its role in diabetes and it may have an effect on insulin and the function of the pancreas. It looks promising but remains unproven and untested on humans. The recommended maximum dose is 50mg -100mg a day so if you take 4 capsules a day you are exceeding this guideline. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23687413
So What Does All This Mean?
Bio Synergy Body Perfect will not suit everyone. Although the caffeine content is relatively low, Green tea also contains caffeine and Citrus Aurantium is astimulant linked to heart problems. L tyrosine has stimulant side effects too.
If this is not a problem for you, then you may find that this supplement perks you up and it may help you burn fat. Combining green tea (in any form) with some sort of weight training may bring the best results and overall this supplement may help support some weight-loss.
Does Bio Synergy Body Perfect Have Any Side Effects?
Some customers have complained that the diet pills increase your need for the bathroom.
I took as instructed but all the tablet seem to do was make me pass water more
There have also been a few reports of digestive problems;
They made me a little windy in the first few weeks…. Also, bowel movement consistency were affected a little
Some customers have not been pleased with the stimulant effects;
Felt a bit ‘speedy’ while taking these which was not very helpful either.
Some customer have complained of sweating and nausea – possibly due to the lowering of blood sugar levels and the effects of Alpha Lipoic acid.
Caution: Do not take if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Avoid if you have a heart condition or suffer from high blood pressure because this supplement could be potentially dangerous. Do not take if you suffer from Glaucoma because Citrus Aurantium may worsen the pressure behind your eye.
Do not take if you are on medication without checking with your doctor first. Naringin (grapefruit) interacts with many other medicines. Do not take if you suffer from diabetes without consulting your doctor first.
Any Bio Synergy Body Perfect Reviews From Customers?
There are plenty of customer reviews for Bio Synergy Body Perfect and there is a mixed bag of opinion. A high number of customers have been left dissatisfied.
Absolutely useless, better results with vitamin tablets. All it did was keep me awake til 4am
This customer reported that the pills would be good to “Take before a night out to keep you going!”.
Made little difference to body fat or weight, even combined with diet and exercise. A waste of money.
I bought them just to lose a few kilos, no time to train, so my weight in the end was exactly the same, no side effects, nothing changed!!
However not everyone has had a bad or non-experience.
One customer reported;
Having tried a number of fat burners over the last 20 years….this has by far been the best as I have not experienced any downside. I exercise regularly and have always done so but find that my diet (too many burgers!) let’s me down and that the body perfect capsules have helped compensate. Would highly recommend as have lost approx 2lbs per week over an 8 week period.
Really pleased I chose this particular fat stripper, it works really well and improves your workout a lot, by giving you more energy. I could feel the difference dramatically when using the tablets and when not.
I am a fairly active person anyway, but always found that weight loss was slow. These pills have seemed to speed things up, there have been no side-effects and I’ll soon be ordering another batch.
So Does Bio Synergy Body Perfect Work?
Bio Synergy Body Perfect does obviously work for some people. Many customers have mentioned the energy boosting effect of the stimulants and have achieved some modest weight loss when they have combined the supplement with a work out or exercise routine.
However not everyone is as pleased with the stimulant side effects which could be dangerous if you suffer from depression, a heart condition or high blood pressure. The problem is that if you do not know you have these medical problems, this supplement could be potentially dangerous.
Bio Synergy does not provide any health warnings or customer information warning of possible side effects or drug interactions. We feel this is a glaring omission in the advertising.
Where Can I Buy Bio Synergy Body Perfect?
You can buy Bio Synergy Body Perfect direct from the Bio Synergy website.
The supplement comes in two container sizes. 60 capsules costs £19.99. Although this is marketed at 1 month’s supply, if you take the maximum dose of 4 capsules a day it is only 15 days supply. 180 capsules (marketed as 3 months supply) costs £39.99.
Standard delivery is free to UK and BFPO addresses. If you require international shipping, the postage and packaging costs are worked out according to the weight and destination.
Bio Synergy Body Perfect is also on sale from many UK High Street retailers including Argos where it costs £14.99 for 60 capsules.
You can buy Bio Synergy Body Perfect via Amazon.co.uk. 60 capsules cost £14.99 including free delivery. You can also subscribe to Amazon’s Subscribe and Save option, which sends you a fresh supply regularly. For example, every two months for the reduced price of £14.24.
Bio Synergy does not operate an auto-billing programme. However you can request this option if you open an account with the company.
US customers can buy direct from a third party seller via Amazon.com. A container of 180 capsules costs $52.95 plus $5.99 shipping from the UK. Estimated delivery time between 4-5 days.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee on offer.
Bio Synergy Body Perfect looks to be a reasonable enough diet pill that comes with some recommendations from customers and media sources. It is popular, easy to buy and many customers have been satisfied with this supplement. However many customers have been left disappointed and we are not keen on the ingredients list or the side effects.
Unless you are happy with using a stimulant to promote weight loss, and in good enough physical shape to take it, then this supplement will not suit you.
There is also a lack of information about the ingredients and potential side effects, which is a real matter for concern.
We loved the 2012 Olympics and we love Lord Sebastian Coe but sadly, we do not love this supplement.