We take a look below to see just how strong and safe Black Spider really is.
Black Spider Pros
Black Spider Cons
- Contains ephedra
- Long list of possible side effects
- Huge number of stimulant ingredients
Black Spider Review
Black Spider Facts
- Manufactured by Cloma Pharma
- 100 capsules per bottle
- Stimulant based fat burner
Black Spider is a product manufactured by Cloma Pharma. Whilst the product is still available on the general market at the time of writing this review (January 2015), the Cloma Pharma website has been taken down. This raises the question of whether they are still in business in general, or if they have just removed their official online presence. The company’s products, including Black Spider, are sold at numerous different online retailers.
How to Take Black Spider
As a dietary supplement, take one capsule in the morning with breakfast and one capsule in the afternoon with lunch.
Do not exceed 2 capsules within any 24-hour period.
Do not take within 6 hours of sleep.
For best results: Eat 5-6 smaller meals per day.
Reduce daily carbohydrate intake.
Eliminate fast food and soda from your diet.
There are no available contact details for Cloma Pharma. Consumers should contact the third party retailer with any questions that they have.
Black Spider Concerns:
- Contains ephedra
- Long list of possible side effects
- Huge number of stimulant ingredients
What Does Black Spider Claim To Do?
According to various retail sites, Black Spider offers the following benefits:
- Increased Energy Levels
- Impressive Fat Loss
- Elevated Thermogenic Levels
It works as a fat burner and metabolism boosting supplement, helping the consumer to burn more calories throughout the day.
So What Is Black Spider and What Are The Ingredients?
There is a long list of ingredients used in Black Spider, with only some quantities being provided, as is made up of proprietary formulas. Each serving is one capsule, but consumers are directed to take up to two servings per day.
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCI)
- Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)
- Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate): This is used primarily to lower fasting blood sugar levels and to lower insulin levels in people who have type 2 diabetes. In terms of its potential effect upon weight loss, it is possible that taking chromium picolinate by mouth for 2 to 3 months might produce a small weight loss of about 1.1 kg. Obviously this is an incredibly small amount of weight loss, but studies are still inconclusive.
ECA Proprietary Blend:
- Caffeine Anhydrous: Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
- White Willow extract (bark): Willow bark contains salicin, which acts a painkiller, and is thought to be as effective as aspirin. There is some evidence that when taken in conjunction with kola nut and ephedra, it can cause weight loss. It does not seem to have been tested on its own for weight loss properties.
- Ephedra nevadensis PWD (leaves): Supposedly this ephedra extract contains no ephedrine, which has been the cause of many serious side effects in the past, leading this product to be banned in some countries. Ephedrine is the strongest alkaloid present in ephedra, but there are other components of ephedra that could aid weight loss.
Black Spider stimulatin thermogenic ignition blend (421mg):
- Citrus aurantium extract (fruit): This ingredient contains synephrine. A review of numerous studies concluded that use of synephrine resulted in an increase to the participants resting metabolic rate and energy expenditure, and moderate weight loss was seen in studies lasting over 6 weeks.
- Phenyethylamine HCL: More commonly known as PEA, this ingredient is derived from the amino acid phenylalanine. It is thought to increase alertness, aid in concentration and focus, and may also enhance mood, which are all arguably traits that dieters need help with in succeeding with their weight loss attempts.
- Guarana extract (seed) (22% caffeine): A berry that is naturally high in caffeine, it is often an ingredient in energy drinks and diet pills.
- Yerba mate extract: A plant that is typically brewed as a tea, yerba mate is a natural source of caffeine, and has been the subject of several studies on weight loss. In a 2001 study of 47 healthy overweight adults, researchers found that taking an herbal preparation of yerba mate, guarana, and damiana three times daily for 45 days induced weight loss.
- Yohimbe extract (bark) (8% yohimbine): Some studies have noticed increased blood concentrations of free fatty acids in participants who use yohimbe extract, suggesting increased rates of lipolysis. However, the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database has stated that there is insufficient evidence to claim it aids in weight loss.
- Cayenne pepper extract (40,000 heat units): Capsaicin, which is found in Cayenne pepper, is thought by some to play a role in weight loss. Some studies suggest it could suppress the appetite mildly, whilst others suggest that the heat causes a thermogenic reaction in the body, burning more calories for a period of time. However, there are also studies that show cayenne has little or no effect upon weight loss attempts.
- Green tea (95% polyphenols 40% EGCG): Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a high calorie diet.
- Black tea (98% polyphenols): Different types of tea contain different types of polyphenols, some of which are thought to boost the metabolism. Black tea has less of the metabolism boosting polyphenols that other types of tea, especially green tea.
- Panax ginseng extract (room) (4% ginsenosides): Used for all sorts of ailments, and is thought by some to improve athletic endurance, but there is no evidence that ties it to causing weight loss.
- Ginger: Some studies suggest that ginger root is an appetite suppressant. One study used dried ginger powder to make a tea that participants drank with breakfast. Researchers found that satiety levels were much higher when the tea was consumed with breakfast, rather than just the breakfast on its own.
- Bladderwrack (whole thallus): This sea vegetable is a concentrated source of minerals, including iodine, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. It is well known that iodine assists in the production of thyroid hormones, which are necessary for maintaining healthy metabolism in all cells of the body. If a person has no thyroid problems and does not have an iodine deficiency, this ingredient will do little to boost weight loss attempts.
- Theobromine (from theobroma cacao extract (seed): Theobroma Cacao is typically used to make chocolate because of its cacao content, but there is little evidence linking theobromine to significant weight loss, despite it being a mild stimulant that works similarly to caffeine. Studies in rats suggest it can lower cholesterol levels.
- Evodia rutaecarpa (fruit): Evodia, a tree, has been used in Chinese traditional medicine, and is used to treat diarrhoea and other digestive problems, including a lack of appetite. Conversely, it is also used to aid weight loss, as it is thought to be a stimulant. However, this effect has only been seen in studies on animals, and no research has been conducted into possible weight loss effects in humans.
So What Does All This Mean?
The use of ephedra could mean that this product may be confiscated by customs in some countries, and so international customers should check the law of their own country before ordering this product.
As for the product itself, it does contain a large number of stimulants of varying strengths. Whilst this does increase the likelihood that the consumer will lose weight from a boosted metabolism, it does also dramatically increase the chances of developing side effects. Ginger is thought to be an appetite suppressant, but other than this, the product is definitely designed to increase the consumer’s metabolic rate.
Does Black Spider Have Any Side Effects?
Customers have reported experiencing jitters, insomnia if the product was taken too late in the day, and increased sweating. However, because of the range of ingredients used in Black Spider, other side effects are possible.
Ephedra has been banned as a supplement in numerous countries because of its numerous side effects, which can include dizziness, restlessness, anxiety, irritability, heart pounding, headache, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, an increase in blood pressure, heart attacks, muscle disorders, seizures, strokes, irregular heartbeat, loss of consciousness, and death. It should not be combined with sources of caffeine, such as green and black tea, guarana and yerba mate, which are all included in this diet pill.
Significant quantities of caffeine can cause side effects such as headaches, increased urination, dehydration, jitteriness, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, heart palpitations and problems sleeping. It can also worsen the side effects of both ephedra and citrus aurantium.
Side effects of citrus aurantium include increased heart rate and increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, fainting, and even heart attack and stroke in healthy patients.
Cayenne pepper can cause digestive upset and stomach aches. Panax Ginseng is generally safe for short term use (less than 6 months), but can cause insomnia. Less commonly, people experience menstrual problems, breast pain, increased heart rate, high or low blood pressure, headache, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, itching, rash, dizziness, mood changes and vaginal bleeding.
Not intended for use by persons under age 18.
Do not exceed recommended dose.
Do not consume synephrine or caffeine from other sources, including but not limited to coffee, tea, soda, and other dietary supplements or medications containing phenylephrine or caffeine.
Do not use for more than 8 weeks.
Consult your physician prior to use if you are pregnant or nursing or if you are taking medication, including but not limited to MAOI inhibitors, antidepressants, aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or products containing phenylephrine, ephedrine, pseudo ephedrine, or other stimulants.
Consult your physician prior to use if you have a medical condition, including but not limited to heart, liver, kidney, or thyroid disease, psychiatric or epileptic disorders, difficulty urinating, diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmia, recurrent headaches, enlarged prostate or glaucoma.
Discontinue 2 weeks prior to surgery or if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, severe headache or shortness of breath.
Keep out of reach of children.
Any Black Spider Reviews From Customers?
There are numerous customer reviews for this product across the various sites at which it is sold:
I’m running circles around everyone else at work, we do drywall and it’s really physical. This supplements makes it easier to get more done and makes me move around a lot more without crazy jitters of the last diet supplement I took.
This diet supplement worked fast, was fast hitting, long energy, makes you hot (sweat a lot), is possible to crash but last forever like all day.
Benefits: I noticed personally when I took Cloma Pharma’s Black Spider 25 diet pill.
- Speeded me up a lot trough tout the whole day
- Intense heat made me sweat more, (which I think led to the majority of my fat loss because of this)
- Lost 6lbs in the last three weeks on this diet supplement!!!!
- Noticed some jitters, and do not take late at night as it will keep you up all night, maybe one in morning, one like 6 hours later or at lunch is what I would do…
I took this supplement because I was told it would give you insane eneregy.. Let me tell you this supplement gave more long lasting energy trough out my day than anything I have ever taken. Not only that it was clean energy that stimulated my mind as well, I could think so clear and felt amazing. Normally after thirty or forty five minutes I start to feel the energy craw up on me then it hits fast and I love it. The thermogenic effects I normally notice a hour or two later and I can tell the thermogenic ingredients work because I start sweating more and heat up. Insanely potent product.
So Does Black Spider Work?
The ingredients list is full of stimulants of various strength levels. Provided the consumer did not experience any side effects forcing them to stop taking the capsules, they could expect to see an increased rate of weight loss when combined with diet and exercise.
As consumers talk a lot about the energy levels it gives, those using black spider may see the greatest results when using it as a pre-workout supplement. However, based upon the ingredients list and the potential side effects of each ingredient, we strongly suspect that the risk to the user’s health greatly outweighs any weight loss benefits.
Where Can I Buy Black Spider?
Whilst the Cloma Pharma website is no longer available, there are still numerous retailers that sell Black Spider. Legendarysupplements.com offer a 100 capsules bottle for $23.99. A1supplements.com sell a bottle for $24.95. Samedaysupplements.com offer a bottle for £19.25 plus delivery.
What About A Guarantee
Whilst the various retailers who sell Black Spider do have 30 day returns policies on unopened products, it appears that none have money back guarantees. Customers should double check the returns policy of their retailer of choice before purchase.
Looking at the possible side effects of Black Spider alone, it should be clear to readers that we cannot approve this product. Ephedra is banned in several countries because of its serious, and in some cases life threatening side effects, and yet is a main ingredient in this diet pill. Because of this ingredient, which is combined with numerous other stimulants, including numerous sources of caffeine, consumers could lose weight, but they would be taking huge risks with their own health.
Even if customers ordered the product, there is no guarantee it would reach them, especially if the product was being sent internationally, as customs have been known to confiscate ephedra products.
The fact that the manufacturer, Cloma Pharma, no longer has an official website makes this an even more suspicious product to purchase. With no way of contacting the company, we are unsure whether they are even still in business, or whether retailers are selling off remaining stocks.
Dieters should never jeopardise their own health in order to lose weight, and so should definitely stay away from Black Spider.