If you want to give yourself the spa treatment from the comfort of home, Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack ticks the right boxes. This gel promises to tone your abs and tighten up loose skin and is designed to be used as part of a weight loss programme.
Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack Pros
- May help reduce the appearance of cellulite temporarily
- Shouldn’t cause any side effects
Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack Cons
- Very expensive
- Will not help your abs look any better if you are overweight
- No money-back guarantee
Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack Review
Fatgirl Six Pack Facts
- Made by Bliss – an upmarket chains of beauty spas
- Each dispenser contains 145ml and costs £35.00
- Available direct to UK and US customers
Bliss Fatgirl Six pack is one in a range of products designed to support weight loss and help you achieve a fine sculpted body.
It comes from Bliss a spa company who first began back in New York and now have spas all over the world including London Singapore and across the USA.
Bliss provide a full range of spa treatments including, massage, skin care and facials, waxing, nails and body treatments.
The focus is on pampering and fun and a trademark of a session at a Bliss Spa includes some groovy rhythm and blues music and a brownie feast rather than whale music and raw vegetables. Bliss have a funky and fun image that will appeal to some people and they provide an expensive and upmarket experience for those who can afford it.
In addition to the Spas, Bliss sell a whole range of skin care and beauty products including the Fatgirl range designed to recreate the spa treatment at home.
Products in the range include Bliss Fatgirl Scrub a body exfoliator which contains Himalayan mountain salt, the Slimulator Stimulator Massage Tool – a cellulite scrubber you use to prepare your skin for Fatgirl treatments and more.
The idea is that you buy numerous Fatgirl products and use them all together at your own convenience.
To use Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack
Place the applicator directly onto the skin, press down to dispense gel and massage into midsection in a circular motion twice a day for 20-30 seconds.
Bliss suggest using in conjunction with regular exercise and a healthy diet.
Fatgirl Six Pack gel contains six active ingredients that supposedly tone and firm your skin. These include caffeine, amino acids and oat kernel extract and come in a specially designed applicator that will massage the formula gel deep into your skin.
There is some evidence that caffeine can help reduce the appearance of cellulite and amino acids help maintain elasticity of the skin so this gel will certainly not do you any harm.
The problem with most people’s midriff weight gain is that the fat makes it look unsightly and hang over trousers in the classic muffin top. The only way to make it look better is to lose it.
There is nothing in Fatgirl Six Pack that actively works to create a toned looking body. It is just a gel that may have a superficial effect on your skin.
The other problem with the Fatgirl range is that will it really recreate the experience of visiting a Spa?
A spa treatment is enjoyable and a treat for anyone who likes feeling pampered but does it really transfer to doing it yourself at home in your bedroom?
In truth, we cannot really work out what Fatgirl Six Pack actually does. Bliss says that this gel will not help you lose weight but we cannot really work out the lasting benefits of taking this treatment. There do not appear to be any.
Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack Concerns:
- Will people buy this expecting to lose fat from their abs?
- Do the majority of women really want a six pack?
- Is this just a gimmick trading off an association with a spa treatment?
What Does Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack Claim To Do?
According to the product information;
To sculpt a six-pack, you need to exercise and eat healthy—but to help you in your quest for a covetable core, we developed Fatgirl Six Pack
(Apparently, a “covertable core” is a flat stomach that everyone else will envy.)
Add Fatgirl Sixpack™ to your bod-bettering regimen to get one step closer to ‘ab’-solutely amazing results!
There are three key points to the gel.
- Targeted formula for use as part of a Fatgirl regimen.
- Packed with six actives to assist in firming and toning your skin
- Formula is released through a nubbed massaging applicator
The product information suggests;
As part of your body-bettering routine, we suggest using in conjunction with regular exercise, a healthy diet, regular vigorous massage and the rest of the Bliss fatgirlslim® regimen.
No prizes for guessing why Bliss recommend you to use other Fatgirl products!
So What Is Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack and What Are The Ingredients For Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack?
Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack gel contains 6 ingredients that come in an especially designed dispenser.
- Caffeine: The product advertising claims that this “decreases bloating/fluid retention” . This is not actually true but there is evidence that caffeine can help improve the appearance of cellulite. In clinical testing cellulite was found to shrink fat cells but according to research any improvement is likely to be temporary and very minor.
- Amino Acids: According to Bliss, Amino acids provides targeted toning and improved circulation. Scientific opinion is that amino acids strengthen collagen in the skin and may help reduce wrinkles and sun damage.
- Creatine: Is a nitrogenous organic acid that supplies energy to the cells especially those found in muscle. Recent research carried out by cosmetic dermatologist company Beiersdorf, shows Creatine has benefits in anti-ageing when added to skin care products.
A group of scientists from Beiersdorf Research and Development have completed research that states that the nitrogenous organic acid creatine could represent a beneficial active ingredient for topical use in the prevention and treatment of human skin ageing.
- Oat Kernel Extract: When applied topically, oat kernel is believed to give the appearance of smoother and firmer skin and although this may not be a long lasting effect it appears to work temporarily.
- Manilkara Tree Extract: This tree grows in South America and is rich in latex. It is a sometimes used in skin firming treatments and according to some research stimulates the synthesis of elastin and associated proteins in the skin which improves its firmness. Source: http://www.cosmeticsandtoiletries.com/formulating/function/active/92857824.html
- Menthol: When applied topically it can cause a tingling sensation combined with a cooling effect. It can cause redness and increase circulation but may irritate sensitive skins.
So What Does All This Mean?
Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack may make the skin around your abs look tighter and firmer. It may have a temporary effect of improving any cellulite you have in this area. However it will not help you remove fat and unless you have already lost weight is unlikely to make much difference to your appearance.
We cannot see how it will work to “sculpt abs” as described. It can only work on your skin, not what lies beneath it. If you haven’t built up a six-pack with diet and resistance training this gel is not going to make you look as if you have.
Does Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack Have Any Side Effects?
We all have different skin and some people may be sensitive to some of the ingredients. Menthol is well known for causing itching and discomfort in some people. Otherwise this gel will probably do your skin some good.
Caution: You shouldn’t take supplements if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, even when taking topical treatments. Avoid if you are sensitive to menthol.
Any Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack Reviews From Customers?
The only review we could find for this treatment was posted on the Bliss website.
This customer reported;
My stomach already feels firmer and I am feeling really good. It isn’t a miracle product, but it is definitely extremely helpful in my tummy-toning journey!
Otherwise we could not find one single comment from anyone who has actually tried this gel. It is available via Amazon but has yet to receive a review.
So Does Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack Work?
We think it probably will work to tone and firm the skin around your six-pack area. If you have cellulite, Fatgirl Six Pack may help improve its appearance temporarily. It will do nothing for your looks if you are overweight in this area. It will not really make much difference to your overall appearance but it certainly will not do you any harm.
Where Can I Buy Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack?
You can buy Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack direct from the Bliss website or pick it up from one of the Spas if you live in a major city.
One 145ml dispenser of Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack costs £35.00 and includes free shipping to UK addresses.
You can also buy Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack direct from the Bliss USA website. It comes at the slightly cheaper price of $38 (£22.00) and includes free shipping to US addresses.
Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack is also available via Amazon.co.uk for £35.60 and via amazon .com for $38.00.
Information does not state how long this sized bottle should last.
What About A Guarantee
There is no money back guarantee on offer.
In our opinion we think that Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack will not really do very much and we are struggling to understand what it is really for or who it is aimed at.
This expensive gel may help reduce the appearance of cellulite temporarily and it may firm and tone your skin and in fairness to the Bliss advertising it doesn’t claim to do anything more than this.
However, it will not be the same fun experience as visiting a Bliss Spa and it will not cover up any excess weight. After all, if you are lucky enough to have a flat stomach, you probably do not need Fatgirl Six Pack anyway.
We feel that you would have to have your beauty regime set to an extremely high level to find this product worth buying. It looks like an expensive gimmick to us and it seems that many customers feel the same.
Many of us would consider spending money on an expensive facial skin cream but a cosmetic treatment for the abs that will not really do anything unless you already have a beautiful body seems excessive for most of us.
We would not bother with Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack ourselves and at this price we cannot recommend anyone else to buy it either. It is an easy decision. We reject Bliss Fatgirl Six Pack.