Body Burn V2 Pros
- Varying bottle sizes and prices
- Generally positive reviews
Body Burn V2 Cons
- Not suitable for many people
- No official company website
- Mixture of stimulants may cause side effects
Body Burn V2 Review
Body Burn V2 Facts
- Manufactured by Bodystrong
- Available in 3 sizes
- No ingredients quantities
The manufacturer, Bodystrong has no official website, and therefore no contact details could be found. When choosing a diet pill, it is important to know that the company can provide good customer service, and that any questions you may have can be answered by a professional. Without the details of the manufacturer, customers will instead have to contact the retailer from which they purchased the product.
All Star Health is one retailer that sells Body Burn V2. Whilst contacting a third party is not ideal, they will still be able to answer queries and deal with returns bought through their site.
How to Take Body Burn V2
Suggested usage instructions for Body Burn V2 are for adults to take two capsules, 1-2 times per day, approximately 30 minutes before a meal. Because of the stimulant ingredients, it is recommended that users should never take the capsules within 6 hours of desired sleep. We would recommend taking the capsules before breakfast, and again, if required, before lunch. Some people report experiencing jitteriness when taking the diet pills on an empty stomach, and so eating a small amount of food with them may alleviate this side effect.
We have found that our main concern with Body Burn V2 is that its active ingredients have been known to cause a wide variety of side effects, some of which are frankly dangerous. The product does contain several warnings about how best to take the product and what side effects should cause the dieter to stop using the product, as well as the various people who should not consume Body Burn V2.
Usually we recommend monitoring and perhaps restricting caffeine intake and the use of other stimulants whilst using any fat burning product, in order to minimise the chances of developing side effects. The manufacturers have gone one step further with Body Burn V2, stating:
Do not consume synephrine, caffeine or thyroid-boosting compounds from other sources, including but not limited to, coffee, tea, soda, and other dietary supplements or medications containing phenylephrine or caffeine, or any stimulants whatsoever. Do not use for longer than 8 weeks and make sure that usage is followed by a 4 week off-period.
Body Burn V2 Concerns:
- Potential serious side effects
- Maximum 8 week use
- Lacks ingredients quantities
What Does Body Burn V2 Claim To Do?
The product is described as;
A scientific blend of potent herbal derivatives makes Body Burn V2 the most intense fat loss product available today. Body Burn V2 speeds up your metabolism, attacks stored body fat, controls your appetite, and elevates your mood. Body Burn V2 is the last word in fat burning.
So What Is Body Burn V2 and What Are The Ingredients For Body Burn V2?
Each serving of 2 capsules contains 1442 mg of the formula.
The ingredients of the Body Burn V2 Proprietary Blend are as follows:
- Acacia Rigidula 98%: This plant, originating in Texas, Mexico and Africa, supposedly contains over 40 active compounds, some of which are thought to increase the metabolism, as well as lipolysis in the body. However, there very little investigation has been made into this plant in relation to weight loss, and so our knowledge of the plant is based on speculation rather than clinical results.
- Beta-Phenylethylamine HCL: Also known as PEA, this ingredient is derived from the amino acid phenylalanine. It is thought to increase alertness, aid in concentration and focus, and may also enhance mood, which are all arguably traits that dieters need help with in succeeding with their weight loss attempts.
- Green Tea Extract 98%: Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a very low calorie diet.
- Caffeine Anhydrous: Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. It also increases fat oxidation in the body, although its effects in terms of weight loss are small.
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine: An amino acid that is a building block of protein, this ingredient is found naturally in many foods including meat and dairy products. Some people use it as an appetite suppressant, but there is little evidence that it is effective for this use. Large doses of tyrosine may be useful for increasing alertness, especially in people who are sleep deprived.
- Citrus Aurantium Extract 30%: Also known as bitter orange peel, this ingredient contains synephrine. A review of numerous studies concluded that use of synephrine resulted in an increase to the participants resting metabolic rate and energy expenditure, and moderate weight loss was seen in studies lasting over 6 weeks. The Mayo Clinic has advised to avoid its use because of the potential serious side effects it can cause.
- Theobroma Cocoa Extract (seed): Typically used to make chocolate because of its cacao content, there is little evidence explicitly this ingredient with weight loss. Studies in rats suggest it can lower cholesterol levels.
- Naringen: A compound found in grapefruits that accounts for its bitter taste, it is known to extend the amount of time that caffeine remains in the body. This would make the effects of caffeine also last longer, potentially making the ingredients of Body Burn V2 more potent. Research also suggests that Naringen enhances lipid (fat) metabolism in the body, which again could have positive implications for dieters.
- Yohimbe Extract (bark): Some studies have noticed increased blood concentrations of free fatty acids in participants who use yohimbe extract, suggesting increased rates of lipolysis. However, the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database has stated that there is insufficient evidence to claim it aids in weight loss.
So What Does All This Mean?
This is a huge variety of ingredients for one diet pill, and the amount of the proprietary formula contained in two capsules is huge, suggesting that many of these ingredients are present in significant quantities.
The variety of ingredients is interesting as well. There are numerous different stimulants, which makes this product a strong fat burner. Combining different stimulants increases the chances of side effects, so users are best off starting with a small dose and gradually increasing it to the recommended daily dose over time.
It is also a good idea to avoid taking these capsules in the late afternoon or evening, as the ingredients can cause insomnia.Many of the ingredients are also under-researched, especially in relation to their role in weight loss, and even in their safety. Yohimbe, Acacia Rigidula, Theobroma Cocoa Extract are all under-researched, which makes it difficult to approve of the entire ingredients list of Body Burn V2.
Does Body Burn V2 Have Any Side Effects?
The sales page for Body Burn V2 on allstarhealth.com includes a manufacturer’s disclaimer, instructing consumers to stop use of the product and to consult a physician should any of the following side effects occur: dizziness, sleeplessness, tremors, nervousness, headaches and heart palpitations. It is possible therefore that any of these side effects may occur in users, especially if they are sensitive to stimulant ingredients such as caffeine and citrus aurantium.
Side effects associated with caffeine include headaches, increased urination, jitteriness, dehydration, increased blood pressure, heart palpitations and problems sleeping. Naringen also extends the amount of time that caffeine remains in the body for. Caffeine in turn enhances the effects of citrus aurantium, which carries its own set of side effects, including increased heart rate and increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, fainting, and even heart attack and stroke in healthy patients.
Yohimbe has been linked with irregular or rapid heart beat, kidney failure, seizure, and heart attack in rare cases. More common side effects include stomach upset, tremor, sleep problems, anxiety or agitation, high blood pressure, a racing heartbeat, dizziness, stomach problems, drooling, sinus pain, irritability, headache, frequent urination, bloating, rash, nausea, and vomiting.
Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Not intended for persons under the age of 18.
Consult your physician prior to use if you are taking any medication, including but not limited to MAOI inhibitors, anti-depressants, aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or products containing phenylephrine, ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, phenylethylamine, or other stimulants.
Consult your physician prior to use if you have a medical condition.
Any Body Burn V2 Reviews From Customers?
There is a limited number of reviews for Body Burn available, on the various sites which sell the product. Customers who leave positive reviews note that its appetite suppressing quality is especially noticeable:
I am currently using Body Burn for the second time and I can say it is a great value for the money. It takes away your appetite especially and it gives you an added energy boost. I will definitely buy this again.
The fat burning and energy is no better or worse than anything else, but it suppresses my appetite better than any product I have ever tried. I travel frequently and don’t like the idle eating or snacking that can occur from the boredom. Additionally, the price is great and makes this product even more appealing. It’s definitely worth a try if you are looking for something different.
In terms of side effects, the only time a user has reported any jitteriness is when the product is taken on an empty stomach:
Worked fairly well for me as a thermogenic. If I missed my morning dose, I felt a little “off-key” for most of the day. If taken on an empty stomach, I definitely had the jitters but otherwise, a fairly mild mannered product that packs a pretty good punch. I’ve been out of touch with other products as of late so I can’t really compare it to anything else, but after an entire bottle, I can’t find anything negative to say.
However, out of the positive reviews, no one actually writes about how much weight they lost, if any, merely stating that it worked well as a thermogenic or as an appetite suppressant.
So Does Body Burn V2 Work?
The few reviews that were available concerning Body Burn V2 suggest that it is a potentially effective product. However, even these provided no details of actual weight loss figures, which is disappointing.
Some of the ingredients are proven weight loss aids, especially green tea extract, citrus aurantium and caffeine, but the rest of the ingredients are under-researched in humans, or are known to have qualities that do not directly cause weight loss.
However, without more information regarding the ingredient quantities, it is impossible to establish accurately how effective the product would be, or how likely it is that side effects may develop.
Where Can I Buy Body Burn V2?
Body Burn V2 can be purchased from a number of online retailers. However, the best deal we found was at All Star Health.
They offer a choice of three different sized bottles, and have a fairly good 30 day returns policy that includes opened bottles with at least 25% of the product remaining. The prices are $13.99 for 60 capsules, $19.99 for 120 capsules, or $29.99 for 240 capsules. They do also charge for shipping, but considering that the original price of a bottle of 240 capsules of Body Burn V2 is $62.38, we consider this to be a small additional cost.
What About A Guarantee
All Star Health offers a 30 day returns policy, which includes used products that have at least 25% of the product remaining. Returns are not guaranteed, and the customer needs to obtain an RMA number before shipping their return.
With such a huge variety of possible side effects, including some that may endanger the life of the consumer, it is impossible to approve Body Burn V2. This is compounded further by the fact that we do not know ingredient quantities, making it even harder to establish the safety and effectiveness of this diet pill.
The ingredients profile is a mixed bag, containing several different ingredients that are known to boost weight loss, primarily through boosting the metabolic rate and improving fat oxidation in the body; these include caffeine, green tea extract, and citrus aurantium. Many of the other ingredients in this product are under-researched, making their use potentially risky for the health of the user. Some may not even play any role in weight loss.
However, the side effects of citrus aurantium, as well as the possible side effects of yohimbe, makes the risks of taking the product exceed the benefits of weight loss. For people who are considering taking the product, it is worth noting that a huge number of people are advised against taking the product, including those with high blood pressure, low blood pressure, a known sensitivity to stimulants, any cardiac related illnesses, those using prescribed medications, pregnant women and those under the age of 18.
We therefore reject Body Burn V2 diet pills.