We find out more about Boots Triple Action Slim Aid to find out whether it is worth a try.
Triple Action Slim Aid Pros
- Made by reputable UK manufacturer
- High vitamin content
Triple Action Slim Aid Cons
- May not suit everyone when it comes to weight loss
- Quite expensive – a change of diet may achieve the same results for less cash
- No money-back guarantee
Boots Triple Action Slim Aid Review
Triple Action Slim Aid Facts
- Available only to Boots customers
- Contains Kelp, Potato Extract and Green Tea
- 30 capsules (one month’s supply) in each bottle
With so many diet pills on the market, it is hard to make the right choice. The first thing that hits you about Boots Triple Action Slim Aid is that this supplement is safe and the fact that it is a Boots own brand gives you added confidence.
Boots Triple Action Slim Aid is a diet pill which mainly acts as an appetite suppressant. However, the clue is in the name and according to the Boots advertising the triple action comes down to three key features.
- Helps you feel fuller
- Helps control fat metabolism
- Helps support energy release
If you struggle with keeping to sensible portion sizes and find your healthy eating plan always gets derailed by hunger pangs this simple weight loss supplement may help you.
Feeling sick with hunger when you are trying to keep to a weight loss diet is not unusual either. An empty stomach can often cause nausea and acid reflux symptoms in many people, leading to snacking on the wrong food as a solution.
This diet pill is very specific in its use and contains bulk that stays in your stomach for longer so may be effective if you fall into this target category, regardless of whether feeling hungry makes you feel sick or not.
However, the Boots range is huge so this does not necessarily follow that all Boots products are ineffective.
How to Use Boots Triple Action Action Aid
To use Boots Triple Action Slim Aid, take one tablet a day with liquid approximately half and hour before any main meal. You may find that taking it before lunch is the most effective.
The key feature about their weight loss products is that they are all targeted to address different weight loss issues, rather than lumping a high number of ingredients into one pill and claiming it as a cure all for everything.
The other point about Boots weight loss products is that they are safe and Triple Action Slim Aid is no exception to this rule.
If you live in the UK, Boots is a familiar presence on the High Street and in the shopping malls of most towns.
Boots really is part of the shopping landscape and is a much loved brand name. Founded in 1849 by John Boot, this chemist shop has become much more than a simple pharmacy and today carries a huge range of toiletries, medication and lifestyle products.
In keeping with its chemist shop roots, Boots is still a dispensary with a trained chemist always in attendance but today has branched out to other product and health niches.
In 2012, Boots merged with US giant Walgreens so now is also a player in the US market.
Boots Triple Action Slim Aid Concerns:
- May not help you achieve much weight loss
- Not much customer feedback
- Although strong brand there is no money-back guarantee
What Does Boots Triple Action Slim Aid Claim To Do?
Boots does not make any wild claims about the sort of weight loss you can expect.
According to the product information;
Kelp helps you feel fuller, whilst B Vitamins help the release of energy from food.
This helps create the triple action effect of the diet pill.
So What Is Triple Action Slim Aid and What Are The Ingredients For Triple Action Slim Aid?
Boots Triple Action Slim Aid is a supplement that may help you feel fuller and may help support your metabolism during weight loss.
Each capsule contains the following ingredients and is the total dose for one day.
- Green Tea Extract (270 mg): The advertising does not make much of this ingredient but green tea can be very effective for weight loss as well as providing a general boost to health and support to the metabolism.
Clinical investigation has found that green tea has proven health benefits and the antioxidants (ECGC and polyphenols) found to have anti obesity and fat burning properties because of the effects upon the metabolism.
According to some clinical investigation, Green tea combined with resistance training may lead to a decrease in body fat, waist circumference, and triacylglyceride levels.
- Kelp (150mg): Seaweed extract has been found to prevent fat absorption by acting as a bulking agent. This insoluble fibrous material in sea kelp called alginate is the active ingredient and is a bulking agent that may create feelings of fullness and satiety. There is also a high iodine content in kelp, which may affect the thyroid gland.
- Standardised Potato Extract (300 mg): Research shows that potato extract may have an appetite suppressing effect. When tested on rats it was shown to delay gastric emptying and as a result reduce food intake.
We all know that potatoes are safe so this ingredient looks promising for weight loss.
- Vitamin C (40 mg.): This serving of vitamin C provides 50% of the recommended daily dose. Vitamin C is vital vitamin for health and an antioxidant with many health benefits. Can help prevent oxidative stress in cells
- Vitamin B2 (0.7 mg) 50% RDA: Also known as Riboflavin this B micronutrient plays a key role in maintaining health.
- Vitamin B3Per Daily Dose 8 mg. %RDA*50: When taken at high levels Niacinamide or vitamin B3 can lower cholesterol levels and promote heart health and it is important to ensure that your diet contains sufficient of this vital mineral.
Vitamin b3 is present in many foods including green veg and eggs. It can cause stomach upsets, flushing and facial redness if you have too much of it. Source: WebMD Niacin
- Vitamin B6 (1 mg) 71%RDA: Crucial vitamin which is important for healthy blood cell function. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyridoxine
- Vitamin B12 (1.25 mcg) 50% RDA: Vital vitamin which the body uses to make blood cells and to maintain a healthy nervous system. Found in most animal products, most people get sufficient Vitamin B12 from their daily diet. Vegans can be at risk from vitamin B12 deficiency, which can lead to anaemia.
- Pantothenic Acid (3 mg). 50% RDA: Important vitamin that plays a role in the destabilisation of fat and cholesterol and found in most foods.
- Biotin (25mcg) 50% RDA: Important B vitamin that helps healthy skin, nerves, metabolism, and usually present in a normal diet without the need for supplementation.
So What Does All This Mean?
Boots Triple Action Slim Aid provides you with a healthy dose of vitamins combined with some ingredients that may create feelings of fullness and satiety. Taking the supplement well in advance of your main meal may help to curb your appetite and prevent later hunger pangs.
Although many of the vitamins are easily obtainable from a healthy diet, vitamin supplementation may be a good idea for you if you do not actually have a healthy diet.
Does Boots Triple Action Slim Aid Have Any Side Effects?
This supplement looks very safe and there shouldn’t be any side effects.
However, some supplements, which work by adding bulk to your stomach, can cause bloating or gas so you may experience this is in some degree.
There is caffeine in the green tea but unless you are especially sensitive, this should not be a problem.
Caution: Do not take if you are pregnant or breast-feeding (standard advice for all supplements) According to Boots you should avoid if you suffer from any type of thyroid disorder and seek the advice of your doctor if you are taking medication. Some supplements which work by adding bulk to your stomach can reduce the absorption of medicines.
Any Boots Triple Action Slim Aid Reviews From Customers?
There is very little customer feedback for Boots Triple Action Slim Aid. Because it is usually bought over the counter rather than online, it seems that people are less likely to review products bought in this way.
We only found one review and the customer was extremely happy with her purchase, writing;
I am happy to review this product because I really like it and have experienced many positive benefits since I discovered it……Since I begun using this product I don’t feel hungry between meals; I generally feel more energetic; and my quality of sleep has improved greatly
The customer went onto say;
In my opinion this is a high quality product well worth the price. I would recommend this to a friend!
You really can’t say better than that!
On the downside, a Daily Mail article was less than impressed with diet pills that use insoluble fibre to create feelings of fullness and mentioned Boots Triple Action Slim Aid along with some similar products.
Do not believe any claim that a product like this will reduce the amount of food you are able to consume without you having to change your lifestyle.
Source: Daily Mail Article
So Does Boots Triple Action Slim Aid Work?
We think that it may work a bit. If you can manage to eat only when you are hungry and not for other reasons such as boredom or snacking, then Boots Triple Action Slim Aid may help you keep to your diet.
If hunger pangs cause you to feel nauseous then this supplement may be useful if you take it with your lunchtime meal because it may reduce hunger pangs later in the day.
Where Can I Buy Boots Triple Action Slim Aid?
You can buy Boots Triple Action Slim Aid from any of the Boots stores or from their online shop.
One month’s supply of 30 capsules costs £25.99 and if you opt to have it delivered to your home address (you can also pick it up from your local store) it costs an added £2.95. Orders over £45.00 qualify for free standard delivery.
Boots products are available to all addresses within the UK. Northern Ireland and BFPO addresses. However sending to British forces overseas costs an added £6.00, which we don’t feel is quite right.
Boots Triple Action Slim Aid is not available to international customers.
What About A Guarantee
Boots do not offer a money back guarantee in the event that you fail to lose weight.
We quite like Boots Triple Action Slim Aid. We love the fact that is safe and provides some vitamin supplementation and feel that if your hunger pangs are your major problem with weight loss this supplement may help you.
However, it will not suit everyone and the Daily Mail is right in one way; the best weight loss results do come from a change of diet and lifestyle. Including more fibre into your diet may give you similar results and taking a vitamin supplement – such as Vitamin B complex (all the B vitamins in one pill) may deliver the same effect at less cost.
At the end of the day, our ratings come down to results and although we feel this supplement is OK and will suit some people, others may struggle to lose weight with it.
We love Boots and Triple Action Slim Aid may be worth a try, but we do not think it is quite good enough to make it on to our approved list.