We look into Keto XT to find out more about this supplement.
BPI Keto XT Pros
- BPI appear to be a reputable and well known US company
- Clear ingredients profile
BPI Keto XT Cons
- Probably will not help you lose weight
- Advertised to be used with another supplement Roxylean
- Lacks money-back guarantee
BPI Keto XT Review
BPI Keto XT Facts
- Manufactured by BPI Sports in Florida
- Designed for use with Roxylean
- One tub of 60 capsules is one month’s supply
BPI Sports is a US company based in Florida who specialise in nutritional supplements and apparel for the sports industry. Keto XT is just one product in a very extensive range and comes with some powerful and glossy advertising.
If you are looking for a fat burning diet pill, that does not cause you to feel fired up on stimulants all day, Keto XT appears to tick all the right boxes. This weight loss supplement contains Raspberry Ketone, Green Coffee Bean, CLA, (conjugated Linoleic Acid), and L-Carnitine along with vitamin D. There is caffeine in green coffee bean of course but at 100mg, this should not be stronger than an average cup of coffee.
According to the Keto XT advertising, the supplement promotes the following benefits.
- Increased Thermogenesis
- Metabolic Enhancement
- Healthy Weight Loss
Keto XT is manufactured by leading US sports supplement company BPI Sports. This company specialise in dietary supplements to the body building industry and their extensive product range includes all the usual protein powders and amino acids. As well as supplements, BPI market a range of gym clothing such as hoodies and tee shirts.
The company logo is “Powerful products. Real results.” BPI have a punchy and glossy advertising style which includes video infomercials, promotions and a strong presence on social media. Within the USA, this company are well known in bodybuilding and gym circles.
The BPI head office is situated at;
3149 SW 42 Street
Hollywood, FL 33312
How to Take BPI Keto XT
To use Keto XT, you are advised to take two capsules per day. Take (1) capsule in the morning and (1) capsule in the afternoon, on an empty stomach, or as directed by a qualified healthcare practitioner.
The advertising urges that for best results, you should take Keto XT in combination with one capsule of Roxylean each day.
We do not advise you try this. According to many customers, Roxylean can cause numerous side effects including diarrhoea and vomiting.
One of other their products is Roxylean a strong stimulant based diet pill which we previously reviewed and rejected.
Roxylean caused numerous side effects and contained some very questionable ingredients, which made it look very dangerous.
Keto XT is a very different looking product. The ingredient profile reveals that the ingredients look safe and as the company says, is just about stimulant free.
Although Keto XT looks safe, there is very little customer feedback available that we could find. It seems that a zero stim product is not very popular whereas Roxylean was actually more popular despite the side effects.
BPI Keto XT Concerns:
- Lacks evident to support weight loss claims
- Many of the ingredients have not been clinically tested on humans
- Unclear explanation of how this supplement actually works
What Does BPI Keto XT Claim To Do?
According to the advertising,
KETO-XT™ is designed to increase thermogenesis, body temperature, and metabolic rate
It is designed to be used with a “healthy diet and exercise program”.
Keto comes with the recommendation that for the best results you should take Roxylean, BP Sports “strongest stimulant based thermogenic”.
This doesn’t make Keto XT sound great. Does it actually work if you use it without taking a stimulant like Roxylean? Or is it just an add on supplement designed to be used with another product?
So What Is BPI Keto XT and What Are The Ingredients For BPI Keto XT?
Keto XT is a diet pill that is marketed as being stimulant free but will it actually work yo speed your metabolism if you don’t use it with another product?
- Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) (1200 mcg): Cholecalciferol is a form of vitamin D which is structurally similar to testosterone, cortisol and cholesterol. It is found naturally in sheep’s wool and lichen and is used to treat vitamin d deficiency and the softening of the bones, such as rickets. We cannot see any application to weight loss of the metabolism via this ingredient
- CLA (conjugated Linoleic acid) (500 mg): Molecular compound, found naturally in some red meats and in eggs and believed to convert fatty areas into muscle. It is believed to reduce fat deposits although not body weight. There are concerns that taking conjugated Linoleic acid might increase the risk of getting diabetes if you have metabolic syndrome.
- Green Coffee Bean standardized to chlorogenic acids 45.0% (100 mg): However, medical opinion is divided in whether this actually works for weight loss and most testing has been carried out using over 1000mg per dose. Even if green coffee bean extract and chlorogenic acid does have an effect upon weight loss the quantity contained in this supplement is unlikely to do very much.
Source: Daily Mail article
- Raspberry (fruit) [standardized to raspberry ketone 95.0% (100 mg): Common ingredient in slimming supplements. Animal testing revealed that when extremely high doses of raspberry Ketones were ingested it altered the metabolism and prevented the formation of lipids and fats.
- 3-acetyl-7-oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone (50 mg): Also known as 7-keto-DHEA, this compound is a by-product of Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), a chemical that is formed in the body.
It is believed to work for weight loss by increasing the speed of the body’s metabolism and research is ongoing into its efficacy.
There is little information to gauge whether 7 Keo DhEA is safe when taken as a supplement.
Source: WedMD 7-Keto DHEA article
- L-Carnitine (as L-Carnitine Tartrate) (50 mg): Amino acid that helps the body convert fat into energy. Your body makes this substance in the kidneys and liver and stores it in the muscles, heart and brain.
Taking L Carnitine supplements can be effective for some medical conditions but there is no evidence that it helps with weight loss or boosts exercise performance. Source: http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/carnitine-lcarnitine
So What Does All This Mean?
Keto XT contains a range of ingredients often found in body builder supplements with the aim of converting fat to muscle. Although there has been some clinical investigation, many of the claims remain unproven and untested. In addition, some of the ingredients, such as vitamin D3 may be good for strengthening bones, but is this crucial for a diet pill?
If you wanted a supplement to promote muscle growth then you would probably buy a supplement that promoted this effect. Keto XT is supposed to help you lose weight and although some ingredients may play a role in metabolism function, we cannot see how it will help you lose much weight.
Does BPI Keto XT Have Any Side Effects?
It should not cause too many side effects and you probably will not suffer from rickets if you use this supplement!
Keto XT contains very few stimulants (just 100mg green coffee) however; some of the ingredients remain untested for long-term safety.
CLA can cause stomach upsets such as diarrhoea and nausea and may cause you to feel fatigued.
Caution: Avoid if pregnant or breast-feeding (standard advice)
Do not take if you suffer from diabetes or metabolic syndrome. Seek the advice of your doctor first if you suffer from a health condition or are taking medication.
Any BPI Keto XT Reviews From Customers?
Surprisingly, we could not find one review for this supplement so we cannot bring you any true-life customer experiences.
So Does BPI Keto XT Work?
We don’t think it will work to help you lose weight. Even the product information recommends that you take it in combination with stimulant heavy diet pill Roxylean for best results.
We can’t see how this supplement is going to help you burn off fat fast. True that some of the ingredients do seem to play a role in muscle building but all lack definitive evidence that proves this. The amino acids and compounds contained in this supplement are familiar to body builders but they will not help you actually lose weight.
Where Can I Buy BPI Keto XT?
You can buy Keto XT direct from the BPI website. One tub of 60 capsules (one month’s supply) costs $64.99 and includes free shipping to US addresses.
If you are an international customer, you are invited to contact BPI to find out about becoming a distributor yourself.
You can also buy via Amazon.com for a reduced price even though BPI sports sell via this company. One month’s supply costs $ 32.98.
Keto XT is not available from Amazon.co.uk.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee on offer.
We are not impressed with Keto XT. We don’t think this supplement will help you burn fat and lose weight and although some of the ingredients may help promote muscle building, is this really the effect you are looking for?
This supplement is designed for bodybuilders and even then, the results are questionable. According to BPI, this supplement works best with a stimulant fat burner Roxylean so there seems very little point in buying this supplement at all.
In addition, it appears that customers have had the same opinion because we were unable to find one single review that had anything to say about this supplement.
We think it is a waste of money and for that reason, we reject it.