Carb Ease Plus is just one in a wide range of products from Advocare a well-known direct marketing company. We take an in depth look at Advocare Carb Ease Plus to find out more.
Carb-Ease Plus Pros
- Clear ingredients profile
- Contains white kidney bean extract – may be effective for weight loss
- Minimum side effects
Carb-Ease Plus Cons
- Lack of evidence to prove that 2/3 of the ingredients work
- Expensive way of buying a white kidney bean extract
- May lull you into over eating if you believe that carbs will no longer count
- No money-back guarantee
Carb-Ease Plus Review
Carb-Ease Plus Facts
- On sale from Advocare – a Network Marketing company in the USA
- Contains three branded supplements blended together
- 60 capsules in each bottle – 30 days supply
Advocare Carb Ease Plus is a diet pill that comes mainly under the carb blocker category of diet pills. Carb blockers prevent some of the carbs that you eat from being absorbed by your body so if carbohydrates are your particular weight problem, you may find this an effective method of weight loss.
The three ingredients in the formula are in the form of branded supplements. They show up in numerous diet pills but are not available to buy over the counter direct to the consumer.
Carb Ease Plus contains:
- Phase 2® a White kidney bean extract
- ID-alG™ a brown seaweed supplement
- Svetol™ green coffee bean extract
The principle ingredient is Phase 2 a well-known supplement that comes with some proven benefits. White kidney bean can help weight loss and this natural bean extract is high in fibre.
Phase 2 is made by Pharmachem Laboratories Inc and according to their product information is,
The first carbohydrate blocker clinically proven in multiple studies to delay the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. This, in turn, reduces the caloric impact of starchy foods, and also lowers the glycemic index.
In simple terms, this means that as well as blocking some of the carbs that you eat from adding to your weight, it stays in your stomach and helps you feel fuller for longer. It also helps regulate blood sugar levels.
Svetol is a Green coffee bean extract, which is high in chlorogenic acid. This is supposed to help you burn fat but in truth, there is very little evidence to prove the claims.
We covered the shocking truth about the research behind Green Coffee in a previous investigation and found that this ingredient does not come with any proof that it works.
Carb Ease Plus also contains ID alG is a seaweed extract believed to affect digestive enzymes and reduce appetite.
Although we quite like Advocare, Carb Ease Plus does not look like a premium supplement. Blending three trademarked brands together seems a bit of a cop out especially as Svetol and ID alG lack any real evidence that they work.
That said at least the customer has the confidence that the ingredients making up this supplement are properly made and come from a traceable source.
How to Take Advocare Carb Ease Plus
Take two capsules immediately before your largest starch containing meal.
Do not use between meals or on an empty stomach.
Advocare is a direct marketing company and although this is usually a major red flag for the Watchdog team, Advocare looks slightly better than many other Multi Layered Marketing schemes that we cover.
If you like direct marketing, you can sign up to the company as a distributor and make some extra money on the Advocare products you sell to friends and family. Advocare is a member of the DSA (Direct selling association).
You can find out about all the inducements and benefits of this via the Advocare website. However, it is important to remember that the majority of people fail at direct selling, so it is important to think long and hard about taking this step.
Carb-Ease Plus Concerns:
- The price. You are paying for the Advocare name yet there is nothing special to Advocare contained in this supplement
- Only one ingredient in this formula looks effective
- You could gain weight if you believe that this supplement will block all carbs
What Does Carb-Ease Plus Claim To Do?
According to the Carb Ease Plus advertising there are four key benefits to this supplement.
- Helps reduce the absorption and breakdown of carbohydrates and fats
- Helps maintain a normal blood glucose level
- Helps reduce the negative effects of excessive carbohydrate consumption
- Provides support for body composition
- Phase 2 White Kidney Bean Extract (500mg): Branded supplement, which contains white kidney bean as the active ingredient. Research suggests that White kidney bean blocks a percentage of dietary carbs from being absorbed by your body by preventing the enzyme alpha amylase from binding with starches. Alpha amylase is produced in your saliva and it breaks down carbohydrates into molecules that the body can easily absorb. When you prevent this process, the carbohydrates just pass unabsorbed through the body as waste. Phase 2 has been clinically tested. It was assessed by the FDA in 2006 who have permitted two claims about this supplement. These are that it “May assist in weight control when used in conjunction with a sensible diet and exercise program,” and it “May reduce the enzymatic digestion of dietary starches.” The FDA do not approve supplement ingredients so this is an endorsement in favour of Phase 2. It may just work!
- ID-alG™ (400mg): Branded seaweed supplement made by Nexira a French company based in Rouen. Brown seaweed contains marine polyphenols that according to research inhibit alpha amaylse (in much the same way as kidney bean extract). Seaweed is also a source of iodine so may have an effect upon your thyroid hormones, which require this vital mineral. Although this sounds good, it is too early to say whether ID alG is effective. Much of the research has been carried out on rats and although Nexira cite a human clinical trial carried out in 2010 in which women lost weight, there is no record of this elsewhere which is odd.
- Svetol (200mg): This branded supplement contains decaffeinated green coffee bean extract and shows up in many other supplements on the market. According to the hype, green coffee bean is a source of chlorogenic acid, which inhibits the release of glucose into the blood stream. Svetol provides a way of achieving this without caffeine side effects. The major problem with Svetol and other green coffee supplements is that there is no real evidence that it works. Much of the clinical testing was later found to be flawed and without this, the only evidence was based on animal experiments. Ideal if you own a fat guinea pig but not so good if you are trying to lose weight yourself!
- Stomach cramps
- Gas/ flatulence
It is described as ‘a full-spectrum product that helps support weight management and body composition.’
The advertising explains further,
Carb-Ease Plus contains ingredients that help inhibit the breakdown of fats and particular carbohydrate molecules so that the body is less likely to absorb them. It also helps maintain weight and healthy blood glucose levels by reducing the negative effects of excessive carbohydrate consumption.
All this sounds good but Advocare does not provide any evidence to back up these claims.
So What Is Carb-Ease Plus and What Are The Ingredients?
Advocare Carb Ease Plus is diet pill that is predominantly a Carb blocker that the makers claim will support the full spectrum of weight loss. Each serving is equal to two capsules. Amounts here provided per two capsule serving.
So What Does All This Mean?
Phase 2 comes with some evidence that it is effective for weight loss. The other two components lack any real proof and most of their claims have been based on animal experimentation rather than solid clinical evidence.
White kidney bean extract will help you lose weight. It will fill you up and thereby help reduce your appetite. However, the carb blocking effect may not be as useful as it sounds. Many people find that taking a diet pill said to block certain food groups can lull you into a false sense of security where you over eat in the belief that it doesn’t matter.
In addition, adding more beans and pulses to your daily diet is probably a more effective method of weight loss. These natural pulses will act in the same way in your stomach as this diet pill component.
There seems to be little point in taking Svetol however and there is a real lack of proof about the effects of brown seaweed extract.
Does Carb-Ease Plus Have Any Side Effects?
Carb Plus Ease does not cause too many side effects according to customer reviews. However one customer complained that it,
Made gut feel bad.
It is also important to follow the directions and eat immediately following taking the capsules. One customer reported,
I did discover if I don’t eat immediately after taking I get nauseated. No problems if I do eat.
Carb Plus Ease is stimulant free so will not cause you to feel on edge or wired but there may be some effects. Potential side effects include:
Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Speak to your doctor first if you have an underlying medical condition or are taking medication in case of interactions.
Any Carb-Ease Plus Reviews From Customers?
There are around 20 customer reviews at the time of writing and the majority of opinion is positive.One customer reported:
Helps to control my blood sugars when taken with a high carb meal.
Another was very keen,
Loved it so much I became a distributor!
I have recommended this item to several friends. I think it works great and it definitely helps block those extra pounds when you want to splurge a bit!
Not all feedback is as glowing. One customer review pointed out:
This product did nothing for me. Save your money and just cut down on what you are eating. I am learning there are no magic pills out there to save you from a bad diet.
Didn’t lose weight or prevent weight loss while eating carbs. Made me gassy. Walmart sells pretty much the same supplement under a different name for $25 less. Here you are paying for the Advocare name when you get the same results and side effects as Natrol.
Price is an issue for many customers and even some positive reviews mention it. One customer said,
Love Advocare products! If it weren’t for the price I’d take them forever.
So Does Carb-Ease Plus Work?
Yes, Advocare Carb Ease Plus does seem to work but we feel that this is down to one active ingredient; Phase 2.
The customer who pointed out that similar products could be bought for a much cheaper price was not far off the mark. There are numerous supplements on the market which contain white kidney bean extract or even Phase 2 and any of these may be worth a try.
White kidney bean extract does come with some strong evidence it can help weight loss. One test carried out in Rome on 60 slightly overweight volunteers found that 445mg of white kidney bean inhibited alma amaylse and led to,
Significant decrements in body weight and suggest decrements in fat mass in the face of maintained lean body mass.
There is no real evidence that the other ingredients will do much for weight loss.
Where Can I Buy Carb-Ease Plus?
You can buy Carb Ease Plus via the Advocare website. Click on the, ‘buy it’ button and you will be taken to a list of independent distributors. Submit your zip code and you will be shown a list of distributor profiles to choose from in your area.
Click on your chosen one and go to the ‘Shop with Me’ link. You will find the page opens automatically on the Carb Ease Plus page. Just ‘add to cart’ and buy in the usual way.
The seller we looked at offers one bottle of 60 capsules (30 servings) for $37.50. Shipping charges are not specified.
You can contact Advocare customer services or email customer support should you require help from the company.
A more straightforward option is probably just to buy from one of the sellers operating via Amazon.com. 60 capsules of Advocare Carb Ease Plus costs around $32.00. Most offer free shipping on orders over $35.00.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee available.
Advocare Carb Ease Plus may be an effective weight loss supplement and customer feedback is predominantly positive. This supplement seems safe and does not cause too many side effects and these are all points in its favour.
However, this weight loss formula is comprised of three branded supplements out of which we consider only one – Phase 2 is worth trying.
Svetol and ID alG lack evidence that they work but Phase 2 does look effective. If you struggle with carbs, you may find this particular part of the supplement will help you combat hunger pangs. It is not magic and you will have to ensure you do not over eat in the belief that your carbs will not add to your weight, but it does seem to be effective for many people.
Does this mean we recommend Advocare Carb Ease Plus? No. In our opinion there seems to be little point in paying for an expensive supplement when you could find the same branded ingredient on sale elsewhere for a fraction of the price, and without filler ingredients.
It is an easy decision. We reject Advocare Carb Ease Plus.