We take an in depth look at Complete Nutrition Tone to find out what it will do for your health and weight loss.
Complete Nutrition Tone Pros
- Does not contain stimulants
- Contains omega 3 fatty acids
- Comes with a reasonable looking 30 day guarantee
Complete Nutrition Tone Cons
- Inadequate ingredients profile
- Unlikely to work in the way as described
- May increase cholesterol levels and the risk of diabetes if taken long term
Complete Nutrition Tone Review
Complete Nutrition Tone Facts
- Each bottle contains 90 soft gel capsules – 15 days supply if taken as recommended
- Complete Nutrition is a US franchise company. Supplement is made in Omaha
- Each serving contains 2000mg of a proprietary blend
Complete Nutrition Tone does not really look like a diet pill! It will not suppress your appetite, bind or block fat or enhance your energy levels with stimulants. Instead, each capsule contains a blend of oils that may help with your muscle tone and may have fat burning capacities as well.
Complete Nutrition Tone contains a blend of oils in soft gel capsules. There is a fish oil concentrate derived from anchovies, mackerel and sardines , all fish high in omega 3, an essential fatty acid complex.
Omega 3 is crucial for good health because it helps maintain the metabolism (important in weight loss) and may be beneficial to heart health, lower LPD (bad) cholesterol and help with other medical conditions including mental health and prostate cancer.
In addition, Tone contains a blend of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) fatty oils derived from natural oils including coconut and flax seed oils. MCTs provide energy for the body and may help in the process of excess calorie burning and weight loss by promoting fat oxidation and reduced food intake.
Conjugated Linoleic Acid is also an important component. This group of unsaturated omega six fatty acids found in dairy products is believed to promote muscle growth and health and often shows up in body building supplements.
How to Take Complete Nutrition Tone
Take 2 softgels up to three times daily with meals.
To be used as part of a healthy lifestyle with regular physical activity and a proper diet of around 2000 calories per day.
Tone is a supplement on sale from Complete Nutrition. This American company have a network of franchised retail stores across the USA and also sell via their online shop.
Complete Nutrition market weight loss supplements, sports nutrition, anti aging and general health supplements. There is an extensive range in most categories of diet pill types.
Supplements include Tone Clinical a green tea formula that targets belly fat and Tone Fusion a supplement that contains raspberry ketones and green coffee.
Other Complete Nutrition supplements include Trim a 10-day weight loss plan aimed at you if you need to slim down for a special event and Cheat Pill an appetite suppressant. We have not yet reviewed any Complete Nutrition supplements.
Tone is made in Omaha. This information is printed on the supplement bottle although the manufacturer’s name and contact details are not provided.
Complete Nutrition Tone Concerns:
- Although there may not be noticeable side effects, will this supplement raise cholesterol levels?
- No truly independent customer feedback
- Lack of evidence to prove that Tone will work in the way as described
What Does Complete Nutrition Tone Claim To Do?
According to the product advertising and the printing on the bottle, Tone is a toning formula that targets stubborn fat. There are three key features to Tone:
- Supports Toning, Fat Loss & Metabolic Health
- Good Source of Omega-3 (DHA & EPA)
- Promote Healthy Heart Function
The advertising states that this supplement,
Promotes fat loss while maintaining existing lean muscle. The active ingredients in Tone™ support improved metabolism and energy as well as healthy heart function.
This all sounds good but we would have liked to see some links to clinical evidence or information about how these ingredients work.
So What Is Complete Nutrition Tone and What Are The Ingredients?
Each serving of Tone contains 2000mg of active ingredients. The downside is that this is in the form of a proprietary blend, which means we cannot see a full ingredients breakdown.
Serving size is equal to 2 capsules.
Body Toning Blend
- Fish Oil Concentrate (40% EPA 20% DHA):According to the Tone information, this blend provides a balanced spectrum of Omega-3 (40% DHA, 20% EPA). These fatty acids are not made by the body and must be obtained by diet. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids include Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and work by lowering the body’s production of triglycerides – fat in blood which can lead to coronary heart attacks and stroke.
- Coconut Oil: This oil is high in saturated fats called Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) which according to the Tone information are shorter than typical fats and act as a great source of energy for the body. MCTs can help in the process of excess calorie burning and weight loss by promoting fat oxidation and reduced food intake. One clinical test found that adding more MCTs to your diet – such as increasing olive oil intake had beneficial results that outweighed long fatty acids such as those found in milk and butter. “Consumption of a diet rich in MCTs results in greater loss of fatty tissues compared with LCTs, perhaps due to increased energy expenditure and fat oxidation observed with MCT intake. Thus, MCTs may be considered as agents that aid in the prevention of obesity or potentially stimulate weight loss.”
- Safflower oil (80% Conjugated Linoleic Acid): Conjugated Linoleic acid or CLA is a group of compounds of unsaturated omega six found in dairy products, meat and eggs and other every day foodstuffs and Safflower oil has a high CLA content. According to research carried out in Norway, 80% CLA was used on healthy exercising humans who worked out for 90 minutes three times a week. The experiment ran for 12 weeks and concluded that body fat was reduced but not weight. However there are some health concerns about taking CLA as a supplement when taken by people who are obese. It can aggravate insulin resistance, which may lead to diabetes, and it may raise cholesterol levels too. Some medical opinion is that people suffering from obesity should not take this in supplement form.
- Flax Seed Oil: This is a source of omega 3 fatty acid ALA or Alpha Linoleic Acid and has proven benefits to heart health.
- Evening Primrose Oil: This plant extract contains fatty acids and may have medical benefits as an inflammatory but it lacks evidence that it is effective for weight loss.
- Borage Oil: This herbal extract contains GLA Gamma Linoleic Acid, a fatty acid compound of omega 6 found in vegetable oils and human breast milk. It is being investigated for its role as an anti-inflammatory but there is no evidence that it will help muscle building and weight loss. Source:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17168669
So What Does All This Mean?
First up, we would have preferred to see full ingredients information because we are never impressed with proprietary blends. A proprietary blend can indicate there may be imbalances in the formulation of a supplement and we have covered this issue in a previous investigation into fat burners.
In addition, there are some health concerns about taking fatty acid supplements. Although these days we all know the importance of Omega 3 and Omega 6 compounds in a healthy diet, it does not necessarily follow that taking supplements will help you lose weight. There is no real evidence that Tone will help weight loss or muscle building.
If you are overweight, it may increase risk of diabetes and it may actually make you put weight on. This supplement may raise cholesterol levels.
Does Complete Nutrition Tone Have Any Side Effects?
Complete Nutrition supplements are only available from the company stores or online shop so there is no independent customer feedback. This means we cannot bring you any true-life customer experiences. Potential side effects may include:
- You may find the taste of the capsules repeats throughout the day – a common side effect of fish oil capsules
- Weight gain
- Increased risk of diabetes
- Increased cholesterol levels
Do not exceed recommended dose.
Use only as directed.
Not intended for use by persons under 18 or by those with a serious medical condition.
Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Please consult your physician before using this product.
In addition to the warnings, you should avoid this supplement if you are allergic to fish or soybeans.
Any Complete Nutrition Tone Reviews From Customers?
There are some customer reviews on the product page and not all are positive. One positive reviewer reported,
I have been struggling with seeing more tone in my body after losing the baby weight from my first child. Tones have helped me see results that I was starting to think wasn’t going to happen. I can see my arms and stomach and legs looking more muscular and leaner. Great product I would recommend to anyone that is willing to listen and see the results for themselves!
I really like this product because it’s gluten free and has coconut oil in it. I have been noticing my complexion in my face has been getting better. I struggle with acne, but since using this product I noticed my acne is getting better. I also like it as well due to a slight increase in increased energy. My stubborn fat has decreased! GOOD STUFF!!!!
Not everyone is as pleased,
I’ve been taking this for a month and have added running 2.5-3 miles per day to my activity while lowering calories and have seen no changes. I’m not giving up yet, I was told it could take several weeks to kick in. I’m surprised to see people losing 3-4 pounds in the first few days.
The taste and smell of the capsules is an issue for some users.
One customer said,
This product has a very weird smell and eventually makes you taste that in your mouth.
Another customer reported,
I have a very distinct “Fishy” taste in my mouth… I will continue to take it just to see if it works but the taste does make me nauseous at times and it’s not a good taste left in your mouth.
So Does Complete Nutrition Tone Work?
We cannot really see how Tone will help you lose weight and if you are classified as obese, you should not take supplements containing CLA because they can increase diabetes risk.
There are risks to taking MCT supplements too. Although some tests suggests that it is healthy to replace cooking oils for MCT rich oils such as olive oil, there is not much evidence it is effective for fat burning in supplement form. It can raise cholesterol levels and many of the claims have been based on tests on animals that have a different body make up to humans.
However the most important omega 3 fatty acids; Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and Alpha-Linoleic Acid (ALA) are present in this supplement and taking around 2000 -4000mg a day does seem to provide medical benefits.
According to some medical opinion, a good quality omega 3 supplement can lower triglycerides and decrease the risk of heart attack and stroke and although you can receive omega 3 in your diet by including more oily fish for example, many people lack this vital fatty acid group.
The problem is that this supplement contains a blend of ingredients in unknown quantities. We think if you wanted to take an omega 3 supplement for health, you could find better options than Tone.
Where Can I Buy Complete Nutrition Tone?
You can buy Complete Nutrition Tone over the counter from a Complete Nutrition store if you have one in your area. You can check the locations of the stores via the Complete Nutrition website.
Alternatively, you can buy online from the complete Nutrition website. One bottle of 90 capsules (between 15 – 30 days supply) costs $49.99.
Shipping is available to US addresses but costs are not provided. Complete Nutrition Tone is only available from Complete Nutrition outlets. International shipping is not provided.
What About A Guarantee
According to the information on the website, Complete Nutrition offer a returns policy that is valid for 30 days. Although it is not clear whether the company will only accept unopened bottles, the guarantee looks promising.
The information states,
If at any time within 30 days of our purchase date online you change your mind or are unsatisfied with the product, we will gladly refund your purchase.
To claim a refund, write to email@example.com. Include your order number, first and last name, email address, phone number and reason for return. A Complete Nutrition Complete Care team member will respond to you as quickly as possible to process your return.
We cannot see how Complete Nutrition Tone will help you lose weight. The evidence is just not there and although taking fatty acid supplements can be good for health, this does not necessarily equate to weight loss.
We love the omega 3 content but taking CLA is not proven to build muscle and there are concerns that it may increase the risk of diabetes. In addition, MCTs require more evidence for efficacy when taken in supplement form. It may be good for health to replace your cooking fat with olive oil for example but does this follow that taking a supplement containing MCT is good for health?
No and there are concerns that it may lead to increased cholesterol levels. In addition, MCT supplements do not come with much evidence that they cause weight loss in humans. Further evidence is necessary.
The lack of ingredients information is of concern. We would have liked to see the full ingredients breakdown of this supplement but this information was not provided so you really will have no idea of just what you are taking.
Finally, this supplement is expensive. Take in the way as advised and your bottle of Tone will only last 15 days. Not a very good deal when compared to other supplements on the market, which do provide a clear ingredients breakdown.
Overall, we have no other option but to reject Complete Nutrition Tone.