Decaslim comes under that category…if you believe the hype then it is the greatest diet pill ever invented! Time for the Watchdog look a little closer I think.
- Contains Green Tea
- Too many ingredients in too small quantities
- No physical address for the company
- No proper studies have ever been done
What is DecaSlim?
- Contains Green Tea but not in a strong enough concentration
- Has a number of ingredients with some good claims
- Never tested in any studies as a complete diet pill
As per usual we went to the main website for Decaslim and had a dig around. First off we rang the phone number given to see of we could speak to someone in person. This proved fruitless and after a while we gave up, normally this is not a good sign.
So on to the chat box, we tried a couple of times but anyone “live” was never online, no big deal we thought, this happens. So we sent an email asking if we could review Decaslim on behalf of our viewers. Again after a week of waiting we gave up on this idea.
So lets have a look at some contact details for the company, hmmm absolutely nothing. No physical address or anything, does decaslim really exist or is it something that’s just made up??
So far NOT do good, a bunch of red flags are not really filling us with confidence but nonetheless lets push on.
What Does Decaslim Claim To Do?
Straight from their website:
Decaslim will Burn 400% More fat than diet and exercise alone
WOW …. that is all we can say … BUT … they do have a caveat to this in the small print at the bottom, “In a 12-week double-blind, placebo-controlled study, subjects taking green tea extract lost, on average, significantly more body fat than those taking a placebo (5.07 vs. 1.10 lbs.) (more than 400%)”
So they are making a massive claim that Decaslim does this but then covering themselves by saying that actually its Green Tea extract that does it. Pretty deceptive don’t you think?
They also claim that Decaslim will cure acne as a pleasant side effect, interesting claim but no evidence can be found to back this up.
- No clinical trials for this Decaslim as a diet and weight loss aid
- Company behind Decaslim has many negative reviews
- No easy way to get in touch with the company
So What Is Decaslim and What Are The Ingredients For Decaslim?
Decaslim claims to be a combination of some of the best “super foods” on the market, all in a convenient pill. So what exactly is in decaslim?
- Green Tea: This is the basis for the outlandish claims they make. There have been some excellent studies into Green Tea and its ability to help weightless but is there enough green tea extract in Decaslim?
- Safflower Oil by Tonalin: Derived from safflower oil, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) claims to break down fat in the diet. Some excellent research in this area has confirmed these claims but again does Decaslim have the correct amounts to make it worthwhile.
- Dietary Fiber by ViscoFiber: Fiber is proven to help suppress appetite by giving you a feeling of fullness before a meal.
- Blueberries by VitaBlue: A so called “super fruit” blueberries contain anthocyanidins, which is an antioxidant.
- Broccoli by BroccoPlus: Another excellent food for a healthy body but comparing a stalk of broccoli to an extract in a diet pill is not really the same thing unfortunately.
- FlaxSeed by LinumLife Extra Flax Seed: High in Omega 3 a lot of research has been done into its role for overall general health in the body.
- Tomato by Lyc-O-Mato: Most people know that tomato is good for you and in particular lycopene, but does it do the same thing in a pill form?
- Garlic: A very effective aid to help with cholesterol levels and circulation, Garlic is well known for maintaining a healthy body.
- Resveratrol: Derived from the skins of grapes, resveratrol has been proven to contribute to better cardiovascular health. There are a whole host of other claims for Resveratrol including being an anti-oxidant.
So What Does All This Mean?
On the surface of it Decaslim appears to contain a number of good ingredients. However what the makers have done is simply find some research for the effectiveness of various “super foods” then put them all in one pill and made some crazy claims.
Decaslim is basically a Green Tea extract with a number of food supplements in it. It is then dressed up with fancy language in order to give the impression that it is a powerful Fat Burner …. misleading or not, you decide?
Does Decaslim Have Any Side Effects?
Taken as a whole none of the ingredients in Decaslim have any reported side effects, however there have been no studies when they are all combined together.
Any Decaslim Reviews From Customers?
Not a lot to be found for true reviews about Decaslim, We found a lot of blatantly false reviews in all sorts of places from the companies selling Decaslim but very few independent reviews.
So Does Decaslim Work?
Probably not. The lack of studies and real world results combined with the ingredients themselves would suggest that you would be buying a Green Tea extract combined with some food supplements. We can’t see a single piece of evidence that it would work how they claim.
Where Can I Buy Decaslim?
Decaslim can be bought online direct from the main merchant, which appears to be Gadd Formulas, LLC based in Utah.
We have come across the company behind DecaSlim before and a whole host of similar companies with the same people behind them all.
There are many disgruntled customers reporting everything from bad service, late delivery and failure to honour the guarantee they offer. All this confirms our initial suspicions that it would not be easy to deal with the company behind Decaslim.
Overall if you take the crazy claims they make, the lack of contact that is available and some of the negative reports about the company behind Decaslim then it would only be possible to reject Decaslim.