Dexatrim Max Pros
- Less caffeine than a cup of coffee
- Some clinically proven ingredients
Dexatrim Max Cons
- Not suitable for those on prescription medication
- Dangerously high levels of vitamins
- Possible adverse side effects
Dexatrim Max Complex 7 Review
Dexatrim Max Facts
- Manufactured by Chattem
- 60 capsules per box
- Not suitable for vegetarians
Dexatrim Max claim that they use 7 different ingredients in their complex 7, which is actually a bit misleading; caffeine and EGCG are present naturally in both Oolong tea and green tea, and these two things are what the extracts are standardised for.
The Vitamin B complex is also a combination of several different B vitamins, all of which are present in very high amounts: Pantothenic acid is present at 250% of the recommended daily serving, and Vitamin B6 is present at 500% of the recommended daily serving, whilst Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin and Vitamin B12 are all present in large quantities at 1000% of their recommended daily serving each. This can lead to a range of side effects, especially if these vitamins are consumed in excess quantities for prolonged periods of time. According to the official website, there is no limit for how long Dexatrim can be taken.
The company behind the Dexatrim range of products is apparently Chattem. Inc. However it is not possible to infer much about the company from the Dextrim website. There is no contact information, with the only link to a contact us page being hidden on the disclaimer page. Any customer clicking the link will be disappointed, as the link is dead, having been removed. Going through the official Chattem website, we have been able to find a contact us page, which appears to be still in use.
We cannot stress enough that any company that does not want to associate itself with their own product is unprofessional and not to be trusted. This is a clear sign that they are no longer focussing upon this product and its promotion, possibly because it does not work very well, they are not making money from it, or they have instead focused on other, more promising products. A lack of customer support is a huge problem should a product be faulty, delayed, or missing, or if a customer is seeking a return.
Dexatrim Max Complex 7 Concerns:
- Large range of possible side effects
- Dangerous levels of vitamins
- Not suitable for numerous consumers
What Does Dexatrim Max Complex 7 Claim To Do?
The Amazon sales page for Dexatrim Max claims that the product blocks hunger and burns body fat. The same sales page also claims that the product is ‘free of caffeine’, whilst the ingredients list on the official website clearly states otherwise.
So What Is Dexatrim Max Complex 7 and What Are The Ingredients For Dexatrim Max?
Two capsules makes up each serving, which contains 650mg of the Complex 7 proprietary herbal blend, as well as numerous vitamins. The Complex 7 formula includes green tea extract, oolong tea extract, Panax Ginseng root, and 7-Keto. The green tea and oolong tea extracts are standardised to include 50 mg of caffeine, and 90 mg of epigallocatechin gallate, which is better known as EGCG.
Here’s some more details of the ingredients:
- Green Tea Extract: Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a very low calorie diet.
- Oolong Tea: Oolong tea is a partially fermented tea made from the same plant that black and green teas are made from. Studies have suggested that the caffeine and antioxidants found in Oolong tea improve lipid metabolism in the body, and that chronic consumption of oolong tea could decrease body fat content and reduce body weight by a small amount.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is thought to stimulate the central nervous system, causing alertness, reduced fatigue and a slightly increased metabolism for a short period of time, which can make a small difference to weight loss attempts through regular usage. It has also been found to increase fat oxidation in the body for several hours following consumption.
- The main type of catechins present in green tea and oolong tea is epigallocatechin gallate, also known as EGCG. It is this part of tea that is thought to be partially responsible for green tea’s effect upon the metabolic rate of the body. Studies have found that higher levels of EGCG lead to higher levels of fat oxidation, thermogenic output of the body, and a higher metabolic rate in the hours following consumption.
- Panax ginseng root powder: Whilst Panax Ginseng is used for all sorts of ailments, and is thought by some to improve athletic endurance, there is no evidence that ties it to causing weight loss.
- 7-Keto: 7-Keto is the registered name for 3-acetyl-7-oxo dehydroepiandrosterone, and is thought to speed up the body’s metabolism. Studies on overweight and obese participants suggest that the use of 7-Keto combined with moderate exercise and a reduced-calorie diet significantly reduces body weight and body fat compared with exercise and a reduced-calorie diet alone. 7-Keto is also known by several other names, including 7-oxo-DHEA, and 7-Keto-DHEA.
- Vitamins: Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, and Pantothenic Acid: This B vitamin complex includes numerous different vitamins that play a role in the release of energy from food and cells, as well as keeping the nervous and digestive systems healthy, which is vital for maintaining a health metabolic rate. All of these vitamins are available naturally from many foods, including meat, fish, and dairy, as well as fruits and vegetables. B vitamins cannot be stored in the body, and so need to be consumed every day.
So What Does All This Mean?
Whilst Panax Ginseng has no known weight loss properties, the other ingredients that are used in Dexatrim Max will boost the body’s metabolic rate. The effects of caffeine and oolong tea, and their active compounds, caffeine and EGCG, are known to last for around 3-5 hours after consumption, depending upon the individual and the amount consumed.
Consuming two capsules in the morning, and another two in the early afternoon, which is the maximum recommended dose per day, will therefore only affect the metabolic rate and the body’s fat burning ability for 10 hours per day maximum. Studies also show that the difference in calories burnt when taking these products is significant, but without making changes to diet and exercise patterns, little weight change will be seen.
Studies also typically use a much higher dose of EGCG than is found in these diet pills, suggesting that results will not be as great as those found in comparable trials.
Does Dexatrim Max Complex 7 Have Any Side Effects?
There are several possible side effects that are associated with the use of the individual ingredients used in Dexatrim Max.
The amount of caffeine in each serving is only 50mg, which is less than in a typical cup of coffee. Excess consumption of caffeine can lead to a number of side effects, including headaches, nausea, increased blood pressure, dizziness, jitteriness, and insomnia, and so users should monitor their caffeine intake from other sources, to minimise the chances of developing these side effects.
The NHS recommends not taking more than 10mg of vitamin B6 a day in supplements unless advised by a doctor: this is the amount present in 2 capsules of Dexatrim Max. It is recommended that to avoid any possible negative side effects from the excess consumption of this or other B vitamins, the use of other B vitamin supplements is stopped whilst using Dexatrim Max.
The large amount of B vitamins present in the tablets means that the colour of the user’s urine may temporarily change whilst using the product, and can also cause an upset stomach.
Dexatrim Max recommends on the packaging to immediately discontinue use of their product, should the user experience a rapid heartbeat, dizziness, severe headache, shortness of breath, ‘or other similar symptoms’.
Do not use if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Consult a physician before using if you take a prescription medication.
If you personally have, or there is a family history of having any of the following ailments, the product should also not be used without first consulting a physician: heart disease, thyroid disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, glaucoma, difficulty in urinating or prostate enlargement.
Any Dexatrim Max Complex 7 Reviews From Customers?
There are numerous reviews of Dexatrim Max Complex 7 that have been left by customers on Amazon. These vary between incredibly positive and negative, although it seems that there are slightly more negative reviews than positive.
Customers who have left negative reviews have disputed the appetite suppression aspect of the diet pill, stating that in reality it does not curb appetite significantly, if at all.
Other customers have found that the pills came with a variety of side effects:
It may just be me, but if you wake with a severe headache for two days, this may be the culprit. It was for me.
I didn’t feel as hungry but I started to notice a rash around my neck and chest. I stopped using the pills for a few days and noticed the rash cleared up. I figured it was do to the pills but after a few weeks I felt like I had to try them again, just to be sure. Again, within a few days I broke out in a rash. I’ve tried other diet pills before and never had this kind of reaction.
They do lead to neon yellow urine, some stomach cramps, and a really upset stomach most days, and bad gas. they mess with your system and really do not yield any results. No increased energy, no weight loss. Plus, they are very large capsules and hard to swallow.
The colour change in the consumer’s urine may be because of the high levels of B vitamins present in the diet pills. Customers should increase the amount of water they consume each day to rule out the possibility of dehydration.
Some customers have pointed out that whilst they weren’t jittery, they saw no other changes at all, no appetite suppression and no weight loss, leading them to believe the pills are not strong enough to cause visible results.
However, there are also numerous positive reviews that have been left by customers.
Some people found that the pills did give them extra energy, a sign of an increased metabolic rate, whilst others noticed primarily the appetite suppressing qualities that the diet pill supposedly possesses.
As no ingredient listed for Dexatrim Max Complex 7 is an appetite suppressant, it is possible that people are mistakenly leaving their review for Dexatrim Max Daytime Appetite Control in the wrong place. This is confirmed by the fact that many of the reviewers do not have the verified purchase sticker on their review. The Daytime Appetite Control pills are made by the same manufacturers, and whilst the product does suppress the appetite, many consumers have reported a variety of negative side effects.
So Does Dexatrim Max Complex 7 Work?
Based upon the ingredients list, there should be little to no appetite suppression experienced when consuming Dexatrim Max Complex 7. Some of the reviews that suggest the user experienced appetite suppression may be actually reviewing a similar looking and similarly named product from the same manufacturers, which is actually an appetite suppressant.
In terms of fat burning, the ingredients profile suggests that the metabolism of the user would be boosted by a small amount for a few hours after consumption, as would the amount of fat oxidation taking place in the body. However, this does not seem to translate well to actual weight loss results in customers, with many reporting that they either felt no effects, or that they experienced a variety of side effects. Only a small proportion of customers experienced no side effects and lost weight whilst using the product, and many of these customers mentioned other elements that may have factored into their weight loss, such as dieting and exercise.
Where Can I Buy Dexatrim Max Complex 7?
Dexatrim Max Complex 7 is available from Amazon, at a price of $38.99 per bottle of 60 capsules. Its availability is limited, with low levels of stocks reported on the sales page. It is not available to UK buyers.
The official website also has a list of US suppliers, including Walmart, Target and Walgreens.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee is made by Dexatrim on any of their products.
The risk of side effects resulting from the use of Dexatrim is too great to be able to recommend this product. Many people who are the target market of overweight and obese people are likely to have elevated blood pressure, making this product unsuitable for them, according to Dexatrim’s own recommendations.
The large amounts of B vitamins present in the diet pills is also a cause for concern; dieters who are also taking other supplements are likely to consume incredibly high levels of B vitamins, making side effects incredibly likely.
There is also no money back guarantee, and a lack of detailed information provided about the product on its official website. The product page does not even describe how the product works, beyond suggesting that it is their strongest product yet. There is also little company information, with the contact us page actually being removed completely, with only a dead link to it remaining. It is incredibly hard to trust a company that does not want to associate itself with its own product.