Diet Revive is aimed at people who need to lose a little weight and could do with some added support – especially those who are following a Creative Bioscience 30 day diet drop plan. This supplement is supposed to rev up your metabolism and help you control cravings with a blend of stimulants and Caralluma Fimbriata – a natural fibre.
Diet ReVive Pros
- Full ingredients list with quantities
- Caralluma Fimbriata may be effective for weight loss
Diet ReVive Cons
- Possibility of lead being added to the supplement
- Will not work in the way described
- Money-back guarantee comes with number of conditions
Diet ReVive Review
Diet ReVive Facts
- Diet Revive is made in Utah by Creative Bioscience
- 60 capsules is a two week supply
- Very little feedback for this supplement
Losing weight can be hard, especially when you’re met with the temptation of meals out, weekend slip-ups and holiday cheating. According to Creative Bioscience, this supplement is ideal for these situations and can be used in combination with other Creative Bioscience products, such as their HGC diet drop plans. You can also use it as a stand-alone supplement.
Diet Revive contains stimulants including caffeine and citrus Aurantium as well as some popular supplement ingredients including green tea and raspberry ketones. Diet Revive also contains Caralluma Fimbriata – a relatively new ingredient in the diet industry that seems a promising ingredient for hunger reduction.
We covered Caralluma Fimbriata in a Watchdog investigation and thought it looked promising although it has yet to be proven.
Although the supplement is billed as a diet pill to help you deal with occasional slip ups, this does not mean that you only have to take it occasionally. According to the product information, you take it every day so we cannot see why this should be billed as an occasional pill.
Creative Bioscience is an American company based in Utah. They market a whole range of supplements around diet and weight loss and the company was founded in 2010 primarily to sell their original product a HCG drops supplement. Since then Creative Bioscience has expanded, and today the company manufactures a wide range of supplements including HCG diet drops.
Creative Bioscience sells a range of 30-day diet plans around diet drops. These include 1234 Diet Drops, Raspberry Ketone1234 and Garcinia Cambogia 1234. Diet Revive is designed to be taken as a support to the diet drops or in its own right as a standalone supplement.
According to consumer information, the website has a low trust rating and there are reported issues around negative online feedback.
We looked into Creative Bioscience in more depth and found that they had received notice of a violation of the California Health and Safety code. According to the official notice, some Creative Bioscience supplements contain high levels of Lead. Supplements include; 1234 Rapid Colon Cleanse, Garcinia Cambogia Complex Green Coffee Bean and Creative BioScience Garcinia Cambogia.
California classes Lead as;
as a chemical known to cause developmental toxicity, and male and female reproductive toxicity.
On October 1, 1992, the State of California officially listed Lead and Lead compounds as chemicals known to cause cancer.
We looked at the ingredients for Garcinia Cambogia Complex Green Coffee Bean – it is still on sale and according to the ingredients list, only contains 1mcg of chromium. Obviously, a supplements company will not list Lead as an ingredient but something is going on here that isn’t appearing on the ingredients list.
Diet Revive was not included in the list of products mentioned in the violation notice.
To take Diet Revive, take two capsules twice daily (4 in total). Take the first serving 30 minutes before breakfast with a glass of water. Repeat 30 minutes before lunch.
Diet ReVive Concerns:
- This company have a history of selling supplements which have a high Lead content.
- The supplement will not do much after you’ve cheated on your diet.
- Might not be safe in combination with other supplements.
What Does Diet ReVive Claim To Do?
The advertising claims that Diet Revive is;
Creative Bioscience’s solution to morning-after regrets from weekend diet slips and holiday diet cheating.
It works by itself or as a supplement to other diets when you feel tired or hungry.
With this explanation that Diet Revive is an occasional pick me up we are surprised the product information states that you take this supplement every day. We cannot see why this supplement is any different from any other.
The advertising says that;
dieT reVive will speed up the metabolism and control cravings.
So What Is Diet ReVive and What Are The Ingredients For Diet ReVive?
Diet Revive is a weight loss supplement described as boosting metabolism and reducing appetite. Serving size is 2 capsules with the following ingredients:
- Caralluma Fimbriata (200mg): Promising although unproven ingredient for weight loss. It appears to reduce appetite, reduce leptin resistance and prevent the formation of new fat cells, all of which can play a role in fighting obesity. We covered this native Indian succulent plant in a previous investigation and were impressed. However, this ingredient requires further evidence because testing has been very limited and it could turn out to be yet another duff ingredient like Hoodia.
- African Mango Seed Extract (Garcinia Cambogia) (300mg): This ingredient is another one that requires further testing because so far most of the positive test results seem questionable. There is a lack of evidence that proves that it works according to the American Journal of Obesity.
- Raspberry Ketones (200mg): This is a common ingredient in slimming supplements which has been overhyped. There is no real evidence that it works because testing has only been carried out on rats, mice and guinea pigs.
- Caffeine (200mg): Most diet supplements contain caffeine and it is ideal for giving you a quick energy boost. It increases the speed of the metabolism and helps fat burning but as you become accustomed to use, these effects can wear off. A cup of instant coffee contains around 100mg of caffeine. A lot of overweight people drink lots of coffee so it obviously does not work for everyone.
- Green Tea Extract (140mg): Green tea contains antioxidants, most notably ECGC a potent polyphenol that may have numerous medical benefits. Reports have shown that green tea extract intake is associated with increased weight loss due to stimulating thermogenesis. When combined with caffeine, effects appear to be enhanced. Green tea also contains caffeine.
- Citrus Aurantium (30mg) (synephrine 9mg): This natural substance derived from bitter orange peel is a stimulant that can raise the heart rate. There are health issues around this ingredient especially when taken in high levels. Some diet pills contain in excess of 400mg so by comparison in safer quantities here.
- Vitamin C (60mg): Vital vitamin for health and an antioxidant with many health benefits. Can help prevent oxidative stress in cells. Obtainable in diet by eating more fruit and vegetables.
- Vitamin B6 (pyroxidine) (8mg): Crucial vitamin, which is important for healthy blood cell function.
- Vitamin B12: Essential vitamin that is involved with metabolism and healthy cell formation.
- Chromium (120mcg): This trace mineral is believed to promote muscle growth and fat burning so a popular diet pill ingredient however there is no evidence that proves it actually does this. There have been concerns about chromium’s link with cancer and the UK Food agency is aiming to review chromium supplements. The recommended UK safe dose is set at around 25mcg per day although the USA sets this higher at between 50mcg – 200mcg.
So What Does All This Mean?
Diet Revive does not contain anything that will especially suit you if you need to compensate for “cheating on your diet”. This diet pill looks a fairly typical diet supplement which contains stimulants and other ingredients and we would not recommend you to take it in combination with other diet pills even HGC drops.
Creative Bioscience have been cautioned for selling supplements with a high Lead content, and if this comes from chromium the ingredient is seen in high quantities here. Much higher than in the listed ingredients of the supplements that were the subject of the caution.
However many supplements contain Chromium without being pulled over for Lead content.
We admit to having no idea what is going on here regarding the violation of the Californian code but it is extremely worrying. We have not seen a supplements company accused of this violation before.
Does Diet ReVive Have Any Side Effects?
There is very little independent feedback available for Diet Revive so we cannot bring you any true-life experiences. However, potential side effects may include;
- Gas and bloating
- Stomach discomfort
- Elevated blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
Caution: Avoid if pregnant or breast feeding.
Do not take if you suffer from any heart related medical condition, high blood pressure or hyperthyroidism.
Seek the advice of your doctor if you are taking prescription medication in case of possible drug interactions.
Any Diet ReVive Reviews From Customers?
Not many. There are only a couple of reviews left on Amazon and neither are positive. One customer reported;
I lost no more weight while taking it than I did not taking it.
Another customer said,
No, No, No. Didn’t work at all, save your money! I now believe that there is no way to make it easier. Diet, exercise and lifestyle change.
Elsewhere we could not find any independent reviews.
So Does Diet ReVive Work?
No, we don’t think it does work very well and we do not like the recommendation that you use this diet pill in combination with other supplements. Diet Revive is billed as a way to revive your diet and weight loss and the way the advertising is worded it seems as if you can just use it occasionally.
However, once you have cheated on your diet it is too late to undo the damage – that ship has already sailed. Taking this supplement will not help put it right. All you can do is to continue with your weight loss plan. If you have hit a plateau with weight loss – this is annoying but normal once you get closer to your target.
If you took Diet Revive, it may offer some support but it will not work in the way as described.
Where Can I Buy Diet ReVive?
You can buy Diet Revive direct from the product website. One bottle of 60 capsules (15 days supply if you take as recommended) costs $32.95. If you buy 2 bottles you get a discount at $49.95, three bottles costs $64.95, four bottles cost $79.95. Creative Bioscience will also offer deals on wholesale orders if you want to sell this supplement yourself or just buy in bulk.
You can also buy Diet Revive via Amazon, one bottle of 60 capsules costs $16.00 and includes free shipping to US addresses.
What About A Guarantee
Creative Bioscience does offer a 30 day guarantee but there are strings attached.
Here is a list of the qualifications you need to meet in order to receive your money back:
- Customer must purchase the 30-day plan or more, and must be on the diet for a minimum of 30 days.
- Customer must provide us a very detailed 30-day journal of foods, drinks cosmetics, and activities that were used during the 30 days. Customer must have followed the suggested diet protocol.
- Customer must send back any additional unwanted product at customer’s expense.
- Customer to pay shipping costs.
- Customer must have contacted our customer support line (877-744-1224) a minimum of three times for support before the end of the 30 days
- Customer must follow diet protocol which is found in the Creative Bioscience® booklet packaged with every product.
We are not impressed with Diet Revive or with Creative Bioscience the company behind it. This diet pill will not work in the way that the advertising claims and we do not approve of the claim that this is safe to take with other supplements.
In addition the guarantee is very flaky, and we are suspicious of the ingredients list. This is due to the fact that Creative Bioscience have already run into trouble in California because some of their supplements contain high levels of Lead. This is potentially very dangerous to health and does not show up on any ingredients list. We can’t really complain about the type settings for dieT ReVive – it is very annoying but is the least of the issues that surround this supplement.
One day we may see a good diet pill that comes out of Utah but it is certainly not today with this one. It is an easy decision. We reject Diet Revive diet pills.