Here at the Watchdog we are used to seeing body building diet pills that come with a health warning. It all adds to the mystique of this genre of fitness, and although not everyone sees the point of bodybuilding, thousands of people do. Black Bomb is a fat burner that is described as the ultimate competition supplement and is quite literally not for the faint hearted.
Black Bomb Pros
- They are upfront about the dangers of the supplement
- Will probably work as a stimulant and appetite suppressant
Black Bomb Cons
- May cause dangerous side effects
- Ingredients lack clinical testing into safety and results
- No money-back guarantee
Dorian Yates Black Bombs Review
Black Bomb Facts
- Black Bombs are modelled on illegal speed pills from the 1960s
- Dorian Yates won Mr Olympia six times
- Advised to avoid caffeine when taking this supplement
Black Bomb is a strong fat burner – or as the advertising puts it, thermogenic detonator. It contains high levels of stimulants in a proprietary blend of a whopping 7000mg per capsule serving, and is designed to be used in combination with a serious training and work out regime.
According to the product information, it “amplifies” your metabolism in order for your body to burn off fat at a faster rate than normal. It also suppresses your appetite and hunger pangs – essentially by making you feel too on edge and wired to eat – although this reason for the loss of appetite is not explained.
Ingredients include Methlysnephrine, Citrus Aurantium, Yerba Mate and PEA – all stimulants. It also includes a mild hallucinogenic 5 Methoxtryplamine.
According to the advertising, you can expect the following key features from Black Bombs:
- Increased Thermogenesis
- Increased Fat Burning
- Decreased Abdominal Fat
- Increased Exercise Performance
- Rapid Release Tablet Technology
- Reduced Appetite
- Decreased Body Fat and Body Weight
The product information makes it very clear that this supplement is not suitable for everyone. It is designed for heavy weights – bodybuilders who weigh up to and over 300 pounds!
Of course, when you look at this statement EVERYONE weighs up to and over 300lbs, but we get the idea that this supplement is only for the big guys and not to be taken for casual weight loss by people looking to lose a few pounds.
Black Bombs was devised by Pro body builder Dorian Yates. He won the Mr Olympia title six years running from 1992 and is considered one of the greats of bodybuilding ranking fourth in the World regarding Mr Olympia title wins. Arnold Schwarzenegger won it seven times with Ronnie Colman and Lee Hanley winning it eight times respectively.
Dorian Yates retired from competition in 1997, and today lives in Birmingham and is part owner of Dorian Yates Nutrition and the Temple Gym franchise – that brings hardcore body building out to a wider audience.
Other Dorian Yates supplements include Noxpump – designed to improve cardiovascular ability, GHBlast a sleeping formula and Formass a protein powder.
Black Bomb is based on 1960s “speed pills”, amphetamines known on the street as Black Bombers that were popular with partygoers because of the “high” and enhanced energy they caused.
According to the product information, Black Bomb contains amphetamine-like compounds, that will burn (or bomb) fat and give you the rush of enhanced energy as well.
To take Black Bomb you are advised to take one to two tablets in the morning and one tablet after lunch. You are directed to only use in combination with an intensive work out regime and to avoid caffeine and other stimulants while you are taking it.
Dorian Yates Black Bombs Concerns:
- Some people could suffer potentially serious side effects
- The advertising makes dangerous sound good
- Just because a diet pill is just about legal does not make it safe
What Does Dorian Yates Black Bombs Claim To Do?
The Black Bomb advertising states that with this supplement, “Don’t torch fat, Don’t burn fat,(you) Bomb Fat!” and it’s “not a product for part-timers” or “guys trying fat burners for the first time.”
The advertising explains whom this supplement is for,
If you don’t train hard, BLACK BOMBS isn’t for you in the first place! This product has been scientifically formulated exclusively for dedicated bodybuilders and other serious athletes who don’t want to take chances with their fat-loss efforts”
There is a strong warning prominently placed on the website,
This product is simply too strong for most users. But for those looking for the strongest fat burner available without a prescription, BLACKBOMBS is the answer.
It goes onto explain the risks,
Now this isn’t some bullshit “marketing warning” added to scare you into buying BLACK BOMBS. Simply put, if you’re sensitive to stimulants or haven’t adapted to mega doses of fat burners and/or pre-workout concentrates, we urge you to not use BLACKBOMBS under any circumstances.
So What Are Dorian Yates Black Bombs and What Are The Ingredients For Black Bombs?
Black Bombs is a strong fat burner that contains high levels of stimulants in a branded formula. We cannot bring you an accurate ingredients breakdown – this information is unavailable but we can give you an overview of the ingredients.
Each capsule is equal to one serving and contains 7000 mg of active ingredients. This is well in excess of most other supplements we have seen on the market. It looks strong!
- Yerba Mate: This is commonly consumed as herbal tea and has proven effective for weight loss because of its high levels of flavanoids and antioxidants. It has a stimulant effect due to the caffeine content.
- Acacia Rigidula Extract:Herbal extract from the Blackbrush Acacia a plant native to Texas and South Mexico. This extract has an androgenic effect. This means that it will increase adrenaline levels that may in turn help reduce appetite.
When Acacia Rigula and caffeine were tested together; findings suggested that resting energy might be enhanced. So it may have a fat burning effect but further research is necessary. The effects of Acacia Rigidula are unproven.
- R Beta Methylphenylethylamine: Organic compound in the Phenylethylamine (PEA) class with a similar molecular structure to amphetamines. This compound is being discussed on legal high websites and according to one user is a “clean stimulant with the remarkable ability to achieve central-nervous-system stimulation without producing nervousness or the jittery feeling associated with other stimulants”.
- N Methyl B Phenylethylamine: Another PEA compound with amphetamine type effects and side effects.
- Methlysnephrine: Compound that increases adrenaline and works in much the same way as the now banned ephedrine. Will raise heart rate and blood pressure and linked with causing haemorrhages and strokes.
- Green Tea Extract: This natural tea is a powerful source of antioxidants, which promote health and may increase the speed of your metabolism if taken in sufficient quantities.
- Citrus Aurantium Extract: Known as bitter orange extract or synephrine and banned by many sporting authorities as a stimulant. Citrus Aurantium causes the heart to beat faster and increases blood pressure. It should be avoided because it is potentially dangerous.
- Theobroma Cocoa Extract: Same as you find in chocolate and sometimes used as a heart stimulant in medicine. Can increase the heart rate and raise blood pressure.
- Theobromine: Active ingredient of chocolate but sometimes used as a heart stimulant in modern medicine.
- ECGC: Epigallocatechin gallate is a potent polyphenol (antioxidant) that may have numerous medical benefits and is present in green tea. . Reports have shown that it can help increase the speed of the metabolism.
- 1.3 Dimethlylamine (Geranium stem): 1.3 also known as DMMA is sometimes derived from geranium oil. DMMA increases heart rate and blood pressure and there are issues around safety levels. Clinical advice is that further testing is necessary to evaluate risk. Geraniums are poisonous so do not be fooled into thinking that because this is a common houseplant it is necessarily safe. The amount of DMMA contained in this supplement is not specified.
- Cassia Nomame Extract: Chinese herb believed to stimulate cellular action and fat burning. This ingredient lacks research about its effects and possible side effects.
- Theophylline: Found naturally in cocoa and in small quantities in tea leaves. This is another source of 1,3 Dimethlylamine (DMMA).
- 5 Methoxtryplamine: 5-MeOT may possess hallucinogenic properties. It was tested on a social colony of four Stump tail macaques – a type of monkey and found to induce hallucinations.
However, this effect may be weak and may only occur after large doses since large doses of 5-MeOT were required to induce a relatively small number of body shakes and limb jerks in monkeys when compared to potent hallucinogens such as LSD.
- Naringin: This derived from grapefruit peel and believed to create a weight loss effect due to its effects upon the metabolism. Including more grapefruit into your diet is a good way of promoting weight loss but contents here unknown. Interacts with medication.
- 6, 7 Dihydroxybergamottin: Bergomottin is found in grapefruit juice as well as in oil of bergamot orange. This ingredient interacts with medication in the same way as grapefruit.
So What Does All This Mean?
This supplement is a cocktail of various stimulant ingredients that will affect your central nervous system, adrenaline levels, blood pressure and heart rate. There may also be a mild hallucinogenic effect if the experiments upon the monkeys are anything to go by.
Black Bomb may be marketed as a weight loss/ fat burning supplement but looking at the ingredients list it is more like a legal high. It does not look very healthy to us. It will not promote fitness unless your idea of fitness is getting off your face and spending hours at the gym.
Even the natural ingredients such as Cassia Nomame lack clinical evidence for safety and Geranium extract is known to be dangerous.
Do Dorian Yates Black Bombs Have Any Side Effects?
Yes. It comes with a long list of potential side effects and some are extremely serious. These include:
- Sleep disturbances
- Mood swings
- May induce unpredictable behaviour
- Euphoric highs
- Depression and withdrawal once the effects wear off
- Mild hallucinations
- Increased heart rate
- Elevated blood pressure
- Increased risk of heart attack and stroke
- Increased risk of internal haemorrhaging
Avoid if pregnant or breastfeeding.
Do not take this supplement if you suffer from a medical condition especially around heart and blood pressure or the thyroid.
Do not take if you are taking medication because of interactions. Avoid caffeine and all other stimulants. Avoid alcohol. If you notice any side effects cease use immediately and see your doctor. To be on the safe side avoid this supplement.
Any Dorian Yates Black Bombs Reviews From Customers?
We could not find any independent customer reviews for Black Bomb. It is on sale via Amazon but nobody appears to have bought it.
So Do Dorian Yates Black Bombs Work?
It will certainly have a stimulant effect. If this is what you want then yes, it will work. Will it turn you into a champion body builder? No. That takes hours of intensive training, focus and determination and you do not get that out of a bottle.
However, Black Bomb will probably help you lose weight because it will certainly reduce your appetite and it will increase energy in much the same way as taking amphetamines.
This supplement however is extremely dangerous and we do not recommend that you try it out for yourself. It is important to remember also that sometimes otherwise fit and healthy people have been known to suffer strokes and heart attacks following supplement use and Black Bomb falls into this dangerous category.
Where Can I Buy Dorian Yates Black Bombs?
You should be able to buy Black Bombs direct from the Dorian Yates Nutrition Site. However, when we tried to see the price and add it to the shopping cart, Black Bombs was not actually available on sale.
You may need to join up to the site before you can buy this supplement but strangely, other products are available to buy so we just don’t know.
However, you can buy via Amazon. One bottle of 90 capsules (one month’s supply) costs £32.95 from one seller and includes free delivery to UK addresses. Black Bomb is not on sale via US Amazon. If you wanted to buy from outside the UK, you could try contacting the Dorian Yates website or alternatively contact the seller on Amazon.
Dorian Yates Black Bombs is also available via eBay. One seller based in Poland is offering 90 capsules for £32.00 plus shipping costs of £1.00 for all over Europe.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee on offer.
We have some real concerns with this product. It is unlikely to be safe and although the Dorian Yates advertising agrees with this fact and is upfront about the dangers of Black Bombs, we are concerned that some people will try it anyway and suffer the costs.
Yes, it will work as a stimulant and yes, it will decrease your appetite, so it is probably going to work for weight loss. But there is nothing safe, healthy or gentle about this supplement. It will not make you fit and if you lose any weight, it may come at the cost of your health and some potentially dangerous side effects.
There is a lot of macho stuff on the Dorian Yates website – after all Black Bombs is “designed for guys who put everything on the line to remove every last drop of muscle-blurring fat… without losing an ounce of hard-earned muscle”. However, is it really so attractive to suffer a stroke or increase your chances of having a heart attack? It seems like insanity to us.
The bottom line is that Black Bombs is not safe and seems to be on the borderline of legal. There is no way we would recommend anyone to try it and certainly would not try it ourselves. You cannot even enjoy your normal cup of coffee while you are taking it! It is an easy decision. We reject Black Bombs.