We take a closer look to see just how effective this product really is.
Dyma Burn Extreme Pros
- Clinically proven ingredients
- Some positive reviews from customers
Dyma Burn Extreme Cons
- Huge amounts of caffeine
- List of potential side effects
- Relatively expensive
Dyma Burn Extreme Review
Dyma Burn Extreme Facts
- Manufactured by Dymatize
- Available in 15 day or 30 day supply
- Heavily dependent on high dose of caffeine
Dyma Burn Xtreme is manufactured by Dymatize, an American company that has been operating since 1994, who have expanded internationally.
Dyma Burn is one of their stimulant-based, metabolism boosting and appetite suppressing diet pills.
How to Take Dyma Burn Extreme
As an adult dietary supplement, take two (2) capsules before breakfast or morning exercise session, and two (2) more capsules at mid-afternoon.
Initially, take half the recommended amount (one (1) capsule 2 times daily) for the first 7 days to determine your tolerance.
Do not exceed 4 capsules per day.
For best results, use as part of a reduced fat diet and exercise program.
Customers wishing to contact the company can use twitter or facebook, or can fill in the generic contact form available on the site.
Dyma Burn Extreme Concerns:
- Heavily dependent on high dose of caffeine
- Customers report some side effects
What Does Dyma Burn Extreme Claim To Do?
The manufacturers of Dyma Burn Xtreme claim that their product,
Promotes energy to help burn fat naturally!
They add that,
Dyma-Burn® with Raspberry Ketones is a cutting-edge thermogenesis formula that helps keep your body focused and working on burning fat all day!
So What Is Dyma Burn Extreme and What Are The Ingredients?
The quantities listed below are per serving of two capsules. Customers are reminded that if they are taking the full daily dose of two servings per day, they should again double the values listed below to accurately represent their intake. This list of ingredients also uses three proprietary formulas, and so whilst some ingredients have their quantities listed separately, others are grouped together.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) (17mg) (170% RDA)
- Chromium (As Chromium Picolinate) (100mcg) (83% RDA): This is used primarily to lower fasting blood sugar levels and to lower insulin levels in people who have type 2 diabetes. In terms of its potential effect upon weight loss, it is possible that taking chromium picolinate by mouth for 2 to 3 months might produce a small weight loss of about 1.1 kg. Obviously this is an incredibly small amount of weight loss, but studies are still inconclusive.
EPX 200™ (200mg)
- Proprietary Matrix: Sclareolides, Polyphenolics, Catechins And Epigallocatechin Gallates (EGCG) From Salvia Sclarea And Green Tea (Leaf) Extract (Water Extracted)(Camellia Sinensis) (10 Mg Caffeine From Green Tea Extract): Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a high calorie diet.
XanaTHIN™ Blend (430mg)
- Yerba Mate Extract (4:1) (Approx. 330mg Caffeine From Guarana Extract, Yerba Mate Extract & Caffeine Anhydrous): A plant that is typically brewed as a tea, yerba mate is a natural source of caffeine, and has been the subject of several studies on weight loss. In a 2001 study of 47 healthy overweight adults, researchers found that taking an herbal preparation of yerba mate, guarana, and damiana three times daily for 45 days induced weight loss. It is not clear whether the individual ingredients from this preparation have the same weight loss potential on their own, or how much of each ingredient is required to replicate the results of the study. See our article on Yerba mate for more information.
CapsaTONE™ Blend (150mg) Proprietary Matrix
- Raspberry Ketones: Raspberry ketone is the part of a raspberry (and other fruits) that provides the distinctive smell of raspberries. Whilst it can be extracted from the fruit, especially for use in food flavourings and perfume production, it is much cheaper to synthesize it in a lab, especially for the large quantities that are required for use in raspberry ketone supplements. Whilst there is a small amount of evidence that raspberry ketone can cause weight loss in rats, there have never been any human trials on the potential weight loss effects of raspberry ketone. The safety of using such large quantities of raspberry ketone has also never been fully researched.
- Capsinoids From Capsicum Annum Extract: Capsaicin, which is found in Cayenne pepper, is thought by some to play a role in weight loss. Some studies suggest it could suppress the appetite mildly, whilst others suggest that the heat causes a thermogenic reaction in the body, burning more calories for a period of time. However, there are also studies that show cayenne has little or no effect upon weight loss attempts.
- L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (LCLT) 200mg: Supplementation of this ingredient has been found to improve fat oxidation moderately.
- L-Tyrosine (Pure Grade) (100mg): An amino acid that is a building block of protein, this ingredient is found naturally in many foods including meat and dairy products. Some people use it as an appetite suppressant, but there is little evidence that it is effective for this use. Large doses of tyrosine may be useful for increasing alertness, especially in people who are sleep deprived.
- Salix Alba (Bark) (75mg): More commonly known as white willow bark, this contains salicin, which acts a painkiller, and is thought to be as effective as aspirin. There is some evidence that when taken in conjunction with kola nut and ephedra, it can cause weight loss. It does not seem to have been tested on its own for weight loss properties.
- Zingiber Officinale (Root) (75mg): More commonly known as ginger root. Some studies suggest that ginger root is an appetite suppressant. One study used dried ginger powder to make a tea that participants drank with breakfast. Researchers found that satiety levels were much higher when the tea was consumed with breakfast, rather than just the breakfast on its own.
- Fucus Vesiculosus (Leaf) (50mg): Also known as bladderwrack, this sea vegetable is a concentrated source of minerals, including iodine, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. It is well known that iodine assists in the production of thyroid hormones, which are necessary for maintaining healthy metabolism in all cells of the body. If a person has no thyroid problems and does not have an iodine deficiency, this ingredient will do little to boost weight loss attempts.
- Panax Ginseng (Root) (50mg): Used for all sorts of ailments, and is thought by some to improve athletic endurance, but there is no evidence that ties it to causing weight loss.
- Bioperine® (Piper Nigrum Fruit Extract) (5mg): This patented Black pepper extract is used for increasing the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. In other words, it increases the amounts of nutrients that are absorbed into the body in the digestive tract. It may also increase the absorption of various drugs, which may lead to potential side effects.
Total Caffeine per serving= 340mg
So What Does All This Mean?
The caffeine in this diet pill is proven to mildly boost the metabolism, but the large amount used is also likely to cause some side effects. There are a variety of ingredients that have unusual names in this diet pill, but these are actually fairly common diet pill ingredients described using uncommon names.
Ginger is an appetite suppressant, but the relevant studies are when drinking it as a tea, rather than as a pill. Raspberry ketone has never been researched in humans and so it may not act as a fat burner. There are numerous ingredients that do not aid weight loss, such as Panax Ginseng.
Does Dyma Burn Extreme Have Any Side Effects?
There are a variety of side effects that could occur from consuming the ingredients used in Dyma Burn Xtreme. Some of them have been reported in customer reviews, including vomiting, fatigue, headaches, feeling nauseated, overheating, struggling to breathe, jitteriness, and a crash in energy a few hours after using the pills.
The large quantity of caffeine in Dyma Burn Xtreme can cause headaches, increased urination, dehydration, jitteriness, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, heart palpitations and problems sleeping.
Panax Ginseng is generally safe for short term use (less than 6 months), but can cause insomnia. Less commonly, people experience menstrual problems, breast pain, increased heart rate, high or low blood pressure, headache, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, itching, rash, dizziness, mood changes and vaginal bleeding.
Cayenne pepper can cause digestive upset and stomach aches. Salix Alba can cause an upset stomach and digestive problems, but can also cause allergic reactions and rash in those who are also allergic to aspirin.
Bioperine is known to increase the absorption of numerous medications, which can lead to accidental overdose when taking normally safe doses. It may also increase the effects, both good and bad, of the other ingredients in this diet pill.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Not intended for persons under 18 years of age.
Do not exceed recommended serving.
Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Consult a physician before using this product if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, including high blood pressure, heart or thyroid problems, nervous disorders, diabetes, or are taking any medication.
Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, sleeplessness and occasionally rapid heartbeat.
Improper use of this product will not improve results and is not advised.
Do not use if you are sensitive to caffeine-containing products.
Use only as directed.
Do not use if packaging has been tampered with.
Store at room temperature.
Any Dyma Burn Extreme Reviews From Customers?
There are numerous reviews of Dyma Burn Xtreme on Bodybuilding.com, which is one of the main retailers selling the product.
I’ve ordered several bottles and taken 3 “cycles” of about 6 weeks of this, then a few months without it. Out of the 5 or 6 fat burners I’ve used, this one easily has the best results. I was able to gain about 15 lb. of muscle WHILE I went from around 13% body fat to about 9%. Over about 6 weeks. I highly recommend this product for anyone looking to tone up a bit. Just take it with food. Made me wanna throw up every morning I took it before breakfast.
I would give this a 9 if it didn’t recommend you taking 2 servings a day. That’s almost 700mg of caffeine – WAY too much IMO. Even one serving is more caffeine than I’d like to take in a day (try to not go over 300mg). That being said, that appetite suppression is really good. It makes training on a fasted stomach relatively easy. I did not notice the thermogenic properties, didn’t seem to sweat anymore than usual. 340mg of caffeine gives you ton of energy, enough to last you the entire day, borderline jittery the first hour. I like that here is no Yohimbe in this as I am sensitive to it. This review is based off of a 4 serving sample pack and not going over 1 serving a day.
It works barely ok, it speeds your metabolism enough so you burn some fat, but after a month you get stuck and no more progress, since the ingredients are in very small concentrations, it is more dependable of a HUGE quantity of caffeine than having a good thermogenic. Raspberry Ketones, Xanathin, etc are not that powerful stimulants. Works good if you have a deep diet but only to a point and then progress stops.
Amazon.com also sells the product. Here reviews are mixed, with an assortment of one star and five star reviews:
I stopped taking this supplement because it didn’t change my body and it made me sick. I would be sick everytime I took this. I overheated and couldn’t breath in one of my classes, that’s NEVER happened before.
I took it for only 3 days. In my second day I even vomit and the first and third my stomach felt awful. I talked to a nutritionist in my school and he said that Dyma-Burn does have secondary effects, and sometimes it gives you fatigue and headache with weird feelings in the stomach. Not recommended!
So Does Dyma Burn Extreme Work?
The customer reviews are mixed- whilst nearly everyone agrees that the diet pills gives you plenty of energy, there are some people who felt that they were not seeing significant weight loss results. There are also a significant number of people who were experiencing serious side effects, with even a few of the five star reviews mentioning feeling sick occasionally when using Dyma Burn Xtreme.
Looking at the ingredients it is clear to see that a lot of the energy comes from the huge amounts of caffeine used in the diet pill. This is also likely a cause of a large proportion of the side effects. The other ingredients are a mixture of those that may cause small differences to weight loss speed, metabolism and appetite, and ingredients that are unlikely to have any benefit in terms of weight loss.
Despite the variety of side effects and huge energy boost it provides the consumer, Dyma Burn Xtreme is not the most effective product we have seen.
Where Can I Buy Dyma Burn Extreme?
Dyma Burn Xtreme is available from the manufacturer, Dymatize, and from a variety of other online retailers. At Dymatize, a bottle of 60 capsules costs $29.99, whilst a bottle of 120 capsules costs $49.99.
From bodybuilding.com, a bottle of 60 capsules costs $16.98, whilst the larger bottle size, containing 120 capsules, costs $27.99. The 120 capsule bottle is available on Amazon for $22.37, with free shipping.
60 capsules makes up 30 servings, but as the dosage is to take 2 servings per day, the smaller bottle will only last for 15 days, whilst the larger bottle will instead last for a whole 30 days.
What About A Guarantee
Dymatize do not offer a money back guarantee, but they do offer a 30 day returns period on ‘most new unopened items’. Customers who want to arrange a refund should call the ‘Consumer Hotline at (888) 334-LEAN (5326) and a representative will be happy to assist you with processing your return’.
Customer comments show that whilst the product provides consumers with plenty of energy, it also causes a variety of unpleasant side effects. Customers also seem to be divided about the amount of weight loss they have noticed, with some people losing little or no weight, whilst others notice a huge difference.
It seems to us that Dyma Burn Xtreme is best used as a pre-workout energy booster, rather than just a fat burner in its own right- consumers should use the extra energy to help them to burn more calories during the day, rather than just relying upon the metabolism boost on its own.
The price seems reasonable until taking into account that a 60 capsule bottle only lasts for 15 days, making the product more expensive than expected. The company do have a 30 day returns policy on unopened products, which is better than some companies offer.
Overall, it seems that this product causes too many side effects and not very much weight loss. The ingredients are a mixed bag but there is an over-dependence upon caffeine to provide results.