We see if Dymetadrine can live up to the dramatic claims made about its potency and weight loss potential.
Dymetadrine Xtreme Pros
- Contains ingredients that have clinical support
Dymetadrine Xtreme Cons
- Large number of pills to consume each day
- Not suitable for those sensitive to stimulants
- No money-back guarantee
Dymetadrine Xtreme Review
Dymetadrine Xtreme Facts
- Manufactured by AST Sports Science
- 100 capsules per bottle
- Contains stimulant ingredients
Dymetadrine Xtreme is manufactured by AST Sports Science, a huge international company that has offices in numerous different countries. They also have official distributers in other countries, who customers can buy the products from to obtain a local shipping rate. Their headquarters is based in Colorado, USA. For information about who to contact, and how.
The UK distributor is a company called Power Body Nutrition Ltd. When visiting their website, customers are immediately offered the chance to earn £3 per review.
Clicking on the link reveals they have a sliding reward scale for reviews that are published about their products, with the financial incentive of discounts off of future purchases. This is a frustrating habit in the diet pills industry, to try to encourage consumers to leave positive reviews for products, even if they have no purchased the item or used it previously. However, this is not the worst example of this we have seen; at least customers are only rewarded in credit for this one website, and the biggest rewards are reserved for reviews upon products that have actually been purchased.
Dymetadrine Xtreme appears to be primarily marketed at people who want to boost energy levels throughout the day, but especially during exercise, as well as to burn more fat, speeding up their weight loss progress.
How to take Dymetadrine Xtreme
Directions for use are to take 2 capsules before breakfast, and another 2 capsules mid-afternoon, alongside plenty of water. ‘For extra energy, take two capsules with 8 ounces of water 45 minutes before your workout. Do not exceed 6 capsules daily. For best results use in combination with a low-fat diet and exercise program.’
This is a huge amount of capsules, and so the 100 capsules in each bottle will last between 16 and 25 days. Despite the price per bottle seeming to be a reasonable price, using the diet pill in the long term would prove to be much more expensive, especially if using it alongside exercise.
Dymetadrine Xtreme Concerns:
- No ingredient quantities – sufficient ingredients to work as claimed?
- Misleading claims made by company
- No information about returns policy
What Does Dymetadrine Xtreme Claim To Do?
According to the official website;
Dymetadrine Xtreme is unlike any other thermogenic on the market. Each serving contains a precision blend of potent and effective thermogenic herbs, amino acid substrates, and key vitamins and minerals that support and extend the thermogenic effects. This exclusive and proprietary formula is called NRGX™.
Essentially, this product is designed to burn fat and provide extra energy, making it ideal for consuming just before a workout.
So What Is Dymetadrine Xtreme and What Are The Ingredients For Dymetadrine Xtreme?
The following quantities are per serving of 2 capsules. Because there is a proprietary formula in the diet pill, not all of the individual ingredient quantities have been released.
- Magnesium (as Magnesium Salicylate) (60 mg): Although important for various bodily functions, magnesium does not directly aid in weight loss attempts. Increased consumption of magnesium may led to an increased amount of free testosterone in the body, which in turn could play a role in reducing body fat and increasing lean muscle mass in the body.
- Vitamin C (44 mg): Again, essential for health, but there is no evidence that links vitamin C supplementation with weight loss.
- Vitamin B6 (18 mg): Vitamin B6 has several important functions in the body, including ‘allowing the body to use and store energy from protein and carbohydrates in food’. Whilst taking excess amounts of vitamin B6 will not infinitely improve this ability, a deficiency could make it more difficult to lose weight. Vitamin B6 is naturally present in a wide variety of foods, including meat, cereals, bread and vegetables, and is often included in fortified breakfast cereals.
NRGX™ Proprietary Formula (1393 mg)
The NRGX™ proprietary formula contains the following ingredients, although their individual quantities are not released.
- Green Tea Extract from Leaf: Standardized for epigallocatechin gallate EGCG
- L-Phenylalanine: This is an essential amino acid, which is used for treating depression, amongst other things. However, the research to suggest that this will effectively treat depression is outdated, with calls for more testing using updated research methods.
Source: WebMD Resource
- L-Tyrosine: An amino acid that is a building block of protein, this ingredient is found naturally in many foods including meat and dairy products. Some people use it as an appetite suppressant, but there is little evidence that it is effective for this use. Large doses of tyrosine may be useful for increasing alertness, especially in people who are sleep deprived.
Source: WebMD resource
- Caffeine as caffeine anhydrous: Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
- Norsynephrine HCL: Also known as Octopamine, it is similar in its chemical structure to norepinephrine, and so some think that Octopamine HLC will cause an increase in heart rate, increased metabolic rate, and a better release of glucose for energy use. It is one of the compounds found in bitter orange extract.
- Theobromine HCL: Extracted from Theobroma Cacao, which is typically used to make chocolate, there is little evidence explicitly linking this ingredient with weight loss. Studies in rats suggest it can lower cholesterol levels. It may also act like a mild stimulant, similar but less effective than caffeine. However, studies are still preliminary at best.
- Yohimbine HCL: Some studies have noticed increased blood concentrations of free fatty acids in participants who use yohimbe extract, suggesting increased rates of lipolysis. However, the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database has stated that there is insufficient evidence to claim it aids in weight loss. Its safety has also been disputed.
So What Does All This Mean?
This list of ingredients contains several different stimulant ingredients, including caffeine, yohimbine, Norsynephrine, green tea and Theobromine. With this many stimulant ingredients, the risk of side effects is greatly increased. We are unable to find out how much of each ingredient is present as well, due to the proprietary formula.
The safety of some of these ingredients has also been questioned, including yohimbine, which is extracted from Yohimbe. Finally, not all of the ingredients have strong clinical backing to show that they are directly linked with increasing fat burning and weight loss. This is a mixed bag of ingredients.
Does Dymetadrine Xtreme Have Any Side Effects?
Customers have mentioned a few side effects that they have experienced whilst using Dymetadrine Xtreme. One customer mentioned erectile dysfunction, as well as feeling like he was under the influence of drugs. However, this was using the old formula of Dymetadrine Xtreme, which featured ephedra before the ingredient was banned. This may have been a side effect of ephedra, or of the other ingredients still in the diet pill.
Some consumers have also experiences a sharp decline in effectiveness of the product within just a few uses. Other consumers have felt jittery from using the product, increased sweating, nervousness, hyperactivity, nausea and insomnia.
The ingredients profile also suggests that various side effects could occur from the use of this product. Yohimbe has been linked with irregular or rapid heartbeat, kidney failure, seizure, and heart attack in rare cases. More common side effects include stomach upset, tremor, sleep problems, anxiety or agitation, high blood pressure, a racing heartbeat, dizziness, stomach problems, drooling, sinus pain, irritability, headache, frequent urination, bloating, rash, nausea, and vomiting.
Caffeine can cause headaches, shakes and jitteriness, increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, heart palpitations, insomnia, increased urination and dehydration.
Ensuring that the consumer if fully hydrated whilst using the product may help to reduce some side effects such as headaches and dehydration.
Adjusting the dose may also reduce the chances of side effects, although if any serious side effects present themselves we recommend ceasing all use of the product immediately. At first, use a small dose of the product each day, and slowly increase this dose until it matches the recommended dose, or until the consumer feels comfortable with the amount of the diet pill consumed.
Consumers should also monitor their caffeine and stimulant intake from other sources, including coffee, tea and energy drinks. They should also avoid taking the product in the evening, as it will interfere with sleeping patterns.
Consult your physician before use. Not for use by individuals under the age 18. Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing or if you are at risk or are being treated for high blood pressure, heart disease, renal disease, hyperthyroidism, spasms, psychiatric disease, suffer from migraines, are allergic to tyramine or chocolate, have asthma, are taking asthma medication, or if you are taking an MAO inhibitor. This product contains caffeine and should not be taken by individuals wishing to eliminate caffeine from their diet.
Any Dymetadrine Xtreme Reviews From Customers?
Bodybuilding.com features reviews from many of its customers and forum members for the hundreds of diet pills that they sell. There are a variety of reviews and ratings for Dymetadrine Xtreme left by consumers here.
This product is fantastic. It provides me with an even, steady flow of energy but with no crash, no jitters, or any negative effects. It gives me everything I need – especially when taken along with AR-5 and Beta-X. I get plenty of energy and focus but no ill side effects. It does everything I want it to and nothing that I don’t.
There is a variety of negative reviews left on this product, varying from mildly disappointed consumers, to those who have seen no results at all.
***This product is ok but nothing special.*** I like AST because its a brand who’s focus is exclusively on NATURAL athletes. So with all the hype I heard from the manufacturer I was thinking it was something incredible. I was excited the first time I tried it because I felt like I had a lot more energy and I did. But the next time and every time after that I didn’t feel anything. This is not a magic supplement, its a standard fat burner. Look into the active ingredients and buy them independently, its a better deal.
Works fairly well for giving you energy, but I didn’t notice much difference in helping my body composition at all.
Worthless…Don’t Waste Your Money
did nothing for me
So Does Dymetadrine Xtreme Work?
Reports vary about how well this product performs since it has been reformulated. Some people do feel a significant energy boost, and report that it has helped them perform better when exercising, whilst others noticed no results at all. Dymetadrine Xtreme is definitely a product that is best used alongside exercise; it is not a miracle diet pill, and will not cause dramatic results without putting in hard work in terms of diet and exercise.
The ingredients profile does suggest that the product will aid weight loss, but it appears to not be as strong or as unique as the company claims.
Where Can I Buy Dymetadrine Xtreme?
Dymetadrine Xtreme can be purchased from the official website or from bodybuilding.com, which is a third party retailer with a great online reputation.
From the official website, one bottle costs $29.56 plus delivery, whilst at bodybuilding.com the same sized bottle costs just $21.48 plus delivery. The product is also available from amazon.com, but it is sold here at a higher price of $32.83. However, depending upon usage, each bottle of 100 capsules lasts only between 16 and 25 days, meaning that it is not as good value for money as it initially appears.
What About A Guarantee
No information is provided about returns or refunds at all on the official website, ast-ss.com. It appears that the refund policy is determined by the individual third party that the product may be purchased from.
At this time, there is no money back guarantee on Dymetadrine Xtreme.
Considering that the manufacturers claim that;
In fact, no other thermogenic supplement has been proven more effective than Dymetadrine Xtreme
we are disappointed with this product. There is no evidence to support this claim, and the continual bragging in the product description is not really an accurate representation of Dymetadrine Xtreme.
Consumer reviews feature mentions of side effects and in some cases a lack of results. In addition to this, some of the ingredients may have clinical support to suggest they are fat burning ingredients, but some are also generally considered unsafe. Yohimbe, for example, has been linked with a wide range of unpleasant and health-threatening side effects. This and other ingredients also make this product unsuitable for many people to use.
The company itself, AST Sports Science, has also failed to impress us. Despite being a large international company, with a seemingly well-made website, they have no money back guarantee, and fail to even discuss their returns policy on their official website. Customers who insist upon buying their products should contact the company before purchasing to verify their returns policy in the individual country that they are purchasing from. However, we would advise readers to avoid this product, as well as the company selling it in general, at least until they can provide more concrete evidence to back up their claims, and update their website to include a clear returns policy.
We reject Dymetadrine Xtreme.