FitMiss Burn looks like one of those complicated weight loss systems where you take different supplements at each stage in order to bring about different effects. This however is a misleading impression. All the ingredients are actually rolled into one capsule and be warned there are lots of them, including some that will see you spending a lot of time in the bathroom.
Fitmiss Burn Pros
- Price is fairly reasonable
- Contains a few vitamins and trace minerals
Fitmiss Burn Cons
- Incomplete ingredients information
- Too many potential side effects
- Have to avoid coffee and alcohol
- Many customers put on weight
Fitmiss Burn Review
Fitmiss Burn Facts
- FitMiss is a brand that comes under the MusclePharm Corporation
- It is just a diet pill. Not a weight loss programme as implied
- 90 capsules in each container (45 servings)
FitMiss Burn is aimed at women. The clue is in the name, the pink bottle and the jaunty little logo. We can never understand why companies do this because there is nothing in this supplement that is specifically for women and the weight loss programme does not appear to be gender specific.
FitMiss Burn proposes that if you follow the six steps of the programme you will lose weight. This is slightly misleading because although it seems that this is a programme that you follow over time taking different supplements for each stage, in fact all the stages are rolled into one pink fruity smelling capsule.
It is hard to believe this. The advertising is so strongly focused on the different stages and there are SO many ingredients yet according to the product description, all the benefits come from just taking a two capsule serving twice a day.
The principle ingredient is caffeine but there are plenty of other ingredients thrown in to promote the added effects of the various stages.
According to the advertising:
Stage 1 and 2 – the energy and focus complex contains mainly caffeine in different forms as well as green tea plus yohimbine a stimulant with an androgenic effect. This is supposedly to get you in the fat burning zone by increasing the speed of the metabolism. (We have no idea why the advertisers have chosen to describe this as stage 1 and 2)
Stage 3 is described as the Appetite reduction and Fat Metaboliser stage and contains more stimulants plus some fibrous ingredients including Glucomannan and kidney bean extract that make your stomach feel full and suppress your appetite.
Stage 4 is mainly spices and herbs to alleviate stress and balance your mood
Stage 5 is the “Water shed Diuretic” with ingredients that will cause you to urinate a lot presumably to help you lose to lose “water weight” but it may cause you to become dehydrated.
Stage 6 is described as the Enzymatic Matrix. The product information does not really explain stage 6 very satisfactorily beyond claiming it enhances nutrient absorption.
Even more confusing is that each bottle of capsules contains 45 servings (90 capsules) . Which does not seem very long to work through six stages (even if 1 and 2 both seem identical)
How to take Fitmiss Burn
To take FitMiss Burn, take two capsules (1 serving) with 8 oz of water 30-45 minutes before you eat.
Repeat this in the afternoon at least six hours before you go to bed to avoid the stimulants causing insomnia.
You are advised to drink a gallon of water each day while you are taking this supplement. Yrs, that’s right. A gallon!
FitMiss is a brand that comes under the MusclePharm Corporation founded by ex NFL player Brad Pyatt in 2008.
Described as a healthy lifestyle company that develops and manufactures scientific and safe nutritional supplements, MusclePharm products are mainly within the sport and body building niche.
The FitMiss range has been developed to appeal to women and was launched in 2003.
Other FitMiss Products include FitMiss Tone – a stimulant free Metaboliser, a cleanse and detox system, nutrition shakes and similar.
Source: PR Newswire source
Fitmiss Burn Concerns:
- May be dangerous to take for over 8 week’s duration
- Some customers may believe they are buying a complete weight loss programme and not just one diet pill
- No guarantee of weight loss and unlikely to work in the way as advertised
What Does Fitmiss Burn Claim To Do?
There are three key points in this “six stage system”.
The supplement will supposedly;
- BOOST ENERGY & METABOLISM *
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY APPETITE CONTROL *
- PROMOTES VISIBLE CHANGES IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
The description goes onto state;
We know that to burn the fat, you have to curb the cravings and increase energy levels. With FitMiss Burn™ on your side you can kick-start your metabolism and say “NO” to pesky cravings once and for all
The most confusing area of the product description comes down to the six stage system because this is not actually a “six part” programme at all. If you are expecting a weight loss plan that you can follow over a few weeks in six stages you are going to be disappointed.
You take the same supplement each day and we feel that the description of it as a six-part system is extremely misleading.
So What Is Fitmiss Burn and What Are The Ingredients For Fitmiss Burn?
FitMiss Burn is a diet pill. It is not a “weight loss programme”. Each serving is two capsules.
The FitMiss Blend contains 1449.99mg of active ingredients per serving but because it is a trademarked blend, we are unable to see ingredient quantities.
According to the FitMiss Burn information, the principle ingredient is caffeine.
Stage 1 and 2 Energy and Focus Complex
- Guarana Seed Extract: Brazilian seed which contains more caffeiene than coffee beans
- Caffeine Anhydrous (100 mg): World’s most popular stimulant. May help increase speed of metabolism until the body becomes accustomed to the effects
- Pyroglutamic Acid: Branch chain amino acid that may cause blood sugar levels to drop. Can cause head aches.
- Green Tea Extract: Rich in antioxidants and can promote thermogenesis.
- Papain: Papaya extract sometimes used to treat Shingles. No evidence for efficacy for weight loss.
- Yerba Mate: Stimulant effect. Contains caffeine
- Yohimbine HCI: Stimulant with aphrodisiac effects often marketed for sexual dysfunction. Small amounts of yohimbine can raise blood pressure and Yohimbe bark is on the FDA list of dangerous supplements. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yohimbine
Stage 3: Appetite Reduction & Fat Metaboliser
- Glucomannan: Swells up in the stomach and creates feelings of satiety. We covered Glucomannan in a previous investigation. It can pose a choking risk.
- Raspberry Ketones: May be effective for weight loss if taken in quantity.-unlikely here to be in sufficient quantities to be effective. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15862604
- Guar Gum: Natural laxative that expands in the intestines and can create feelings of fullness,
- Saw Palmetto: Herbal remedy used to treat urinary and prostate problems.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: Antioxidant found in the body. When taken as a supplement may help lower blood sugar levels and remove free radical cells. Source: http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/alphalipoic-acid
- Gymnema Sylvestre (leaf): Gymnema Sylvestre has long been used in India as an herbal treatment for diabetes. Research into this herb is ongoing. Believed to reduce the taste of sugar but not likely to do much here
- Eleuthero: Also called Siberian Ginseng and believed to increase stamina but not proven. Can be dangerous if you have any type of heart condition.
- Fo-Ti: Chinese medicinal plant that may cause side effects. Laxative.
- D-BIotin: Water-soluble vitamin B7.
- Banaba Extract: Untested plant extract believed to reduce blood sugar levels
- Cayenne: Ordinary culinary spice with benefits for weight loss if taken in high amounts. Not the case here.
- Calcium Malate: Food additive (E352.)
- White Kidney Bean: Fibrous ingredient can promote feelings of fullness
- Chromium (Chelate): Trace mineral
Stage 4: Anti-Stress Alleviating & Mood Balancer
- Turmeric: Common spice familiar to fans of Indian cuisine.
- Panax Ginseng Root: Unpredictable effects and can cause drug interactions.
- 5-HTP (Griffonia Simplicifolia: Natural source of 5HTP an amino acid that can promote serotonin levels if taken is sufficient quantities – unlikely here.
- Echinacea: Flower remedy believed to prevent the common cold
- Wood Betony: Plant remedy sometimes used for preventing indigestion. Can interact with medicines.
- Astragalus: Plant category for around 3000 species of vetch or thistle. Can be toxic
Stage 5: Water Shed Diuretic Complex
All these ingredients are powerful diuretics that will cause you to urinate more frequently. Will cause dehydration if you fail to replace lost fluids.
- Uva Ursi
- Potassium Aspartatate
Stage 6: Enzymatic Matrix
Three branded supplements, which can help digestion if you suffer from food intolerance. It promotes the growth of enzymes that help break down foods such as carbs, dairy and vegetables without side effects
In addition, FitMiss Burn contains vitamins and minerals.
- Niacin 2mg
- Biotin1 mg
- Pantothenic Acid 2 mg
- Magnesium 2.67 mg
- Zinc 0.67 mg
- Chromium (Chelate)66.7 mcg
So What Does All This Mean?
We think that FitMiss Burn must hold a record for cramming the most ingredients into one diet pill!
Amounts are likely to be in insufficient amounts for any effect at all and bearing in mind that some are well known for dangerous side effects in a way this is a point in its favour. Worryingly though even small amounts of Yohimbine can cause increased heart rate so we are still not sure this is safe.
We are concerned that this supplement will cause you to become dehydrated and are also worried about potential drug interactions. However according to the product information the principle ingredient is caffeine and for most people this is the effect that they will feel.
Does Fitmiss Burn Have Any Side Effects?
According to the product information there may be side effects.
They state that;
Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or oesophagus and may cause choking.
You are advised not to “take this product if you have difficultly in swallowing.”
If you experience chest pain, vomiting, difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
According to customer feedback, there are some common side effects.
Many people have complained of extreme thirst. “It left me tired and dehydrated” was one common complaint
Many people have found that they have actually put on weight while taking.
Some customers have complained of the heart stimulant effects;
I took one pill and my heart started racing and got really jittery.
I tried taking it for a week but each time it gave me a horrible headache. Maybe I was allergic to something in it?
With so many ingredients, this is highly likely.
Other potential Side effects may include:
- Racing heart
- Enhanced appetite
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in swallowing
Caution: Avoid if pregnant, expect to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Do not take if you have a heart condition or suffer from high blood pressure.
Do not take this product with alcohol. Do not take this product with any product containing caffeine or other ingredients that have a known stimulant effect.
Consult your physician before using this product if you are taking any prescription or over the counter medications or supplements. Do not use for more than eight weeks.
Any Fitmiss Burn Reviews From Customers?
Yes, there are plenty of reviews and they are predominantly negative.
The product was horrible. I ate more with it. I felt like it increased my appetite, I would not recommend it
Was a typical negative comment.
One customer described herself as a fan of FitMiss products and even she was disappointed;
Don’t know if I didn’t take these properly but I sure tried. And the bottle says you notice after 2 weeks. And I didn’t notice anything at all. When you read the ingredients, they are amazing!! Guess this product just doesn’t work for me
I am not sure how long you’re supposed to use these for but I never noticed any difference in my body or energy level when using these. I would not purchase again.
Not everyone is as disappointed;
BURN helped me get to my goal weight! It suppressed my appetite allowing me to start eating smaller portions and also gave me enough energy to work out and still get through my day.
This was a genuine positive review and some other customers have felt the same.
So Does Fitmiss Burn Work?
We do not think that FitMiss Burn will do a lot for your weight loss. Most of the customer reviews are negative and many people found that it made them actually gain weight.
There are too many ingredients stuffed into this supplement and when it comes down to it, the principle ingredient is caffeine. Although caffeiene can promote temporary weight loss once you become accustomed to the effects, initial weight loss always slows down.
Taking diuretics can cause dehydration and we cannot see any reason why you should want this effect in order to lose weight.
FitMiss Burn may work for some people but by no means everyone. It does not seem to be a safe and healthy way to lose weight long term. Even FitMiss warn of potential dangerous side effects around choking and chest pain.
Where Can I Buy Fitmiss Burn?
If you live in the USA, FitMiss supplements may be on the shelves of your local Wal Mart.
However, you can also buy direct from the product website although the company do not sell all products worldwide. For example, FitMiss Burn is not available direct to UK customers.
If you are in the USA one bottle of 90 capsules (45 servings or around 22 days supply at the recommended dose) costs $29.99 from the product website.
You can also buy FitMiss Burn via Amazon.com for $19.99 plus shipping charges.
FitMiss products may be available direct to customers worldwide from various online retailers.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee on offer.
We are not very impressed with FitMiss Burn. We feel that the advertised six-stage weight loss plan is completely misleading when the package includes just one diet pill that supposedly causes all these features.
We are concerned about some of the ingredients because of potential side effects and a diet pill that causes you to put on weight does not seem even worth bothering about!
FitMiss Burn has some appealing advertising and a pink bottle but there is no reason why this pill is particularly suitable for women. There is no reason why it should help you lose weight and remember you are supposed to avoid alcohol and even your usual cup of coffee while you are taking it. That is the final straw!
We reject FitMiss Burn because in our opinion it simply is not good enough.