We take a look to see if this product is effective, or whether it encourages customers to justify bad dieting habits when trying to lose weight.
One Cheat Pros
One Cheat Cons
- Ingredients likely ineffective for weight loss
- May promote bad dieting habits
- No money-back guarantee
Fitnessguru One Cheat Review
One Cheat Facts
- Manufactured by Fitness Guru
- 54 capsules per box
- Intended to counteract slip-ups in dieting
One Cheat- Cheat Meal Formula is a dietary aid that is supposed to counteract the effects of overeating on occasion, in the form of cheat meals and diet slip-ups. The official website makes some dubious claims about the potency of the product, and claims that using it will actually increase the ‘effectiveness of your diet and your willingness to stick to your goal.’
The website also makes references to testing the product, although there are no links or citations referring to clinical trials. The site goes on to state:
With testing, it was discovered that the positive effects of One Cheat actually build up over time. That meant that even with more slips in a diet, people were seeing firmer, more muscular bodies when taking this supplement! Instead of needing to eat perfectly 100% of the time, people using One Cheat were able to splurge on “dirty” foods up to 10% of the time and actually look better doing it!
Without any clinical evidence or proper figures to back up this claim, we are incredibly hesitant to believe these claims. The 10% of the time claim is very abstract and hard to quantify. Consumers may begin to feel that they can cheat more often on their diet because this diet pill should counteract any slip-ups they have.
However, there is only so much that this product can do, and over-reliance could actually cause weight gain in the long run.
Fitness Guru manufacture One Cheat- Cheat Meal Formula. They claim to be a trendsetter in the fitness industry, and have a range of weight loss and fitness related products including supplements and ‘functional foods’.
How to Take Fitnessguru One Cheat
Take 2 capsules with water 15-30 minutes before cheat meal up to three times per day.
For a large cheat meal take two extra capsules directly after the cheat meal.
Customers who wish to contact Fitness Guru have several options. The contact page initially refers people to their facebook page, but also lists an email address. There is also a contact box available. Customers who have queries or problems with invoices or payments should contact the partner company which deals with purchases, Klarna, using the phone number 020 300 50833, or going to their website.
Fitnessguru One Cheat Concerns:
- Significant number of potential side effects
- Expensive product
- No money back guarantee
What Does Fitnessguru One Cheat Claim To Do?
The manufacturers of cheat meal formula believe that their product helps to break the cycle of cheating at dieting, and feeling guilty or even depressed afterwards. They state that,
One Cheat spares you from this nasty cycle, increasing the effectiveness of your diet and your willingness to stick to your goal.
One Cheat works on three levels, to prevent extra calories from overeating from ruining your hard work in training:
- Blocks the absorption of fat and carbohydrates from the food that you’ve eaten, so that most of the unhealthy calories are simply washed out of your system without harm.
- One Cheat includes insulin amplifiers, to divert some of the calories that make it through step one into muscle building instead of fat production.
- Finally, One Cheat blocks the conversion of extra calories into body fat, letting your muscles use the extra energy themselves instead of storing them in fat.
As you can see, One Cheat not only helps protect you from the fat-gaining consequences of overeating – it actually helps you to build stronger, firmer muscles out of those extra calories!
So What Is Fitnessguru One Cheat and What Are The Ingredients?
The ingredients are listed with the quantities provided per serving of 2 capsules. Consumers are advised to take this serving up to three times per day.
- Chitosan (1000 mg): A type of fibre extracted from the shells of crustaceans such as lobster and crabs. It may block the absorption of dietary fat and cholesterol, which can potentially lead to weight loss. Studies suggest its effects are minimal, with high quality studies reporting much more insignificant changes in weight than low quality studies. A review study concluded that “the effect of chitosan on body weight is minimal and unlikely to be of clinical significance.” In studies evaluating weight loss, 2.4 grams per day is commonly used, making the total daily amount provided from 5-6 capsules around the same quantity.
- Cinnulin PF (Cinnamon extract 8:1) (600 mg): Several studies have found a link between cinnamon and the regulation of blood glucose levels, and it may play a small role in improving insulin sensitivity. In terms of its effects upon weight, this area has been under researched. The manufacturers of Cinnulin urge customers to only use Cinnulin PF under a doctor’s direction.
- Alpha-lipoic acid (R-ALA) (400 mg): A naturally occurring fatty acid, Alpha-lipoic acid is used in the body to break down carbohydrates and to make energy for the other organs in the body. It also acts as an antioxidant, and can lower blood sugar levels. Regulating blood sugar levels is thought to reduce cravings for snacks between meals that occur after a spike in blood sugar and an immediate sharp drop in sugar levels.
So What Does All This Mean?
Essentially, there is little evidence from clinical trials that these ingredients will directly aid weight loss. Reductions in blood sugar levels could help to reduce the desire to snack between meals, but this is speculative, and has not been demonstrated in clinical trials.
Chitosan has been found to have only a minimal impact upon weight loss, and its use may not be significant enough to counteract persistent cheating when it comes to dieting. Putting too much faith in this product could actually lead to weight gain, as customers believe that they can over-eat without any consequences.
Does Fitnessguru One Cheat Have Any Side Effects?
Chitosan, the main ingredient in Fitness guru Cheat Meal Formula, can cause mild stomach upset, constipation and gas. Those who are allergic to shellfish could have an allergic reaction from the use of this ingredient, although this is rare.
There are various potential side effects that can occur from supplementing significant quantities of Alpha-lipoic acid. Some of the less serious side effects include an upset stomach, numbness or tingly feeling, dizziness, tired feeling, headache, muscle cramps, and a mild skin rash. Drugs.com recommends that if any of the following symptoms are felt whilst using alpha-lipoic acid, consumers should contact their doctor:
- hunger, weakness, nausea, irritability, tremors;
- drowsiness, dizziness, headache, blurred vision;
- confusion, trouble concentrating;
- sweating, fast heart rate; or
- feeling like you might pass out
Not suitable for those under the age of 18, or for breastfeeding or pregnant women.
Not suitable for anyone taking thyroid medications or for diabetics without first getting approval from their doctor.
Any Fitnessguru One Cheat Reviews From Customers?
We were unable to find any customer reviews of this product.
So Does Fitnessguru One Cheat Work?
Based upon the ingredients list, we believe that this product is unlikely to cause significant weight loss if used as a regular diet pill. When used to counteract poor eating habits, this diet pill is even less likely to work, and putting too much faith in its supposed weight loss qualities could actually cause weight gain, if the dieter cheats too often.
There are no customer reviews available, which makes it impossible to track the actual effects found by users. The website makes references to a clinical study of the actual product, but contains no references or links to an external report of the clinical study, making it questionable evidence that the product may work.
Where Can I Buy Fitnessguru One Cheat?
Fitnessguru Cheat Meal Formula is available exclusively from the manufacturer’s website. Each bottle of One Cheat costs £34.90, plus delivery costs. Delivery is £7, and there is free shipping available on orders above £75, although considering the pricing of the supplements, it is unlikely that customers will get free shipping on most purchases.
The above pricing makes the product very expensive to use in the long run, as each bottle of 54 capsules will only last for 9 days if used as directed.
What About A Guarantee
There is no money back guarantee, but orders can be returned within the 7 day cooling off period, which starts from the date the goods are delivered. Customers need to contact the company before returning any purchased products, which also need to be unopened and unused.
Overall, we are not impressed with Fitness guru Cheat Meal Formula at all. The ingredients used have either no proven link to weight loss, or only have a minimal effect upon weight loss compared to the use of a placebo.
The product is also incredibly expensive when used as directed, as a single box contains 54 capsules, which is only enough for 9 days of use when taken as directed. There is also no money back guarantee on the product, and the returns period is only 7 days from the date of delivery on unopened products, which we view as insufficient.
The ingredients used in One Cheat- Cheat Meal formula can cause a variety of side effects, and are not suitable for diabetics or for those with thyroid problems. There are also no customer reviews of the product, and so we cannot verify our strong suspicions that this product simply will not aid significant weight loss. With no redeeming features that we could see, we recommend that customers do not purchase this product.
For customers looking for carbohydrate blocking alternatives, white kidney bean extracts have shown some promising results in clinical trials, and (safe and effective) appetite suppressants represent a better option to aid customer attempts to stick to strict diets.
We reject Fitnessguru One Cheat.