We take a look at One Heat@ Day to find out more about this supplement and the company behind it.
One Heat AM Pros
- Stylish website
- Contains some interesting ingredients including green tea
One Heat AM Cons
- The principle ingredient is caffeine but this does not show up on the ingredients list
- No customer feedback
- May cause side effects but health warnings are not provided
- No money-back guarantee
FitnessGuru One Heat AM Review
One Heat AM Facts
- Fitnessguru is a Swedish company
- Supplements and products are shipped within the UK
- 162 capsules is equal to 27 days supply
Fitness One Heat@ Day is a fat burner that is designed to be taken throughout the day. The principle ingredient is Paullina Cupana extract – more commonly known as Guarana, which is derived from a natural Brazilian fruit and is high in natural caffeine.
Other ingredients include Green Tea extract which is rich in antioxidants and comes with evidence that it may help increase the speed of the metabolism.
Fitness One Heat@ Day also contains Coleus Forskohlii – a chemical derived from a Kenyan plant and believed to have health benefits around heart health, and Rhodiola Rosea a plant extract sometimes called Golden Rod which is used to treat depression.
At first glance, Fitness One Heat @Day looks fairly ok for most people. But beware. This supplement does contain high levels of caffeine although caffeine does not actually show up in the ingredients list.
This means you will probably notice the effects of this supplement. The product advertising describes this as “enhanced energy” but often this can translate into feeling jittery and on edge.
It all depends on your response to caffeine and with a 1400mg a day of Paullina Cupana an extract high in caffeine you arte certainly going to notice it.
Worryingly the advertising does not mention caffeine by name and instead lists this ingredient under the cover of Paullina Cupana possibly in an attempt to mask the true contents of this supplement.
Away from caffeine, some of the ingredients are believed to have a positive effect upon mood, which may help you avoid emotional eating and reduce cravings for sweets and sugar.
Fitnessguru One Heat@ Day is designed to be used in combination with One Heat@ Night so you benefit from so-called 24 hours fat burning.
The two supplements can be bought together in what Fitnessguru call a “Heat Pack” or alternatively you can buy them separately.
Fitnessguru One Heat@ Night contains high levels of CLA (conjugated Linoleic acid) as its principle ingredient.
CLA is a group of compounds of unsaturated omega six fatty acids found in dairy products and is believed to promote muscle growth and health. This supplement also contains green tea extract and chromium.
To use Fitnessguru One Heat@ Day
Take 3 capsules twice per day. Take one dose upon waking up and another 4 to 6 hours later, or just before physical activity. You may start with a lower dosing to find your individual tolerance.
You are advised to use One Heat® Day in combination with One Heat® P.M for maximum effect on metabolism and fat burning.
Fitnessguru is a Swedish health and nutrition company with a range of over 100 products including supplements and a food range. Supplements include bodybuilding products, such as protein powders and pre work out supplements as well as a range of different types of diet pills.
The image is stylish, crisp and fashionable. Fitnessguru web pages feature lots of cool white space and an ultra trendy font style. Fitnessguru is fully engaged with social media – you can follow on twitter or Facebook and join in the #thisismyyear weight loss challenge.
The Fitnessguru website provides recipes too with some eye watering pictures of healthy treats and recipes. There is a blog featuring three beautiful Swedish models (two women one man) sharing their health tips.
This brand is certainly for the aspirational and stylish!
However Not all Fitnessguru supplements seem to be as good as their image. We covered Fitnessguru One Cheat – a fat binder in a previous review and were less than impressed with it.
FitnessGuru One Heat AM Concerns:
- Potentially misleading ingredients profile. If customers do not know Paullina Cupana they will not realise it contains high levels of caffeine
- Has this formula even been tested?
- Very little real information provided about this supplement
What Does FitnessGuru One Heat AM Claim To Do?
Fitnessguru One Heat@ Day comes with four key benefits according to the advertising.
- Increased metabolism
- Reduced cravings
- Prevents muscle breakdown
- Energy and focus for workouts
The sales page also contains general weight loss information such as;
The greatest challenges you face when embarking on a diet include a slow metabolism, cravings and lethargy, or a lack of energy…
According to the advertising One Heat @Day will counter these problems.
“It stops the decrease in metabolism that comes with going on a calorie deficit and it gives you an extra fat-torching boost.
It also gives you the energy to make the most out of your days and enables you to get the results you want.
There is not much real information here you will notice. The way that this supplement works is not explained and the ingredients that are supposed to carry out these functions are not named or explained. We feel that the major effect may be from the caffeine.
So What Is FitnessGuru One Heat AM and What Are The Ingredients?
Fitnessguru One Heat@ Day is a Fat Burner diet pill. Each serving is equal to three capsules but amounts here refer to the daily capsule intake of 6 capsules.
- Paullina Cupana extract (1400 mg): Known more commonly as Guarana, this seed extract from a South American tree contains a higher percentage of caffeine than the coffee bean.
Caffeine can be effective for weight loss because it increases the speed of the metabolism and as a result can help you burn off fat as well as perk you up although this effect can wear off as the body becomes accustomed to it. However, high levels of caffeine as here can pose a risk to health. Guarana supplements have been known to cause seizures in otherwise healthy people and although caffeine is not dangerous in reasonable amounts, the amounts contained in this supplement are a matter for concern. The average cup of coffee contains around 100mg.
- Green tea extract (600 mg): We love green tea! Clinical research has found that green tea has proven health benefits and the antioxidants (ECGC and polyphenols) found to have anti obesity and fat burning properties because of the effects upon the metabolism. According to some clinical investigation, Green tea combined with added caffeine may lead to weight loss.
- Coleus Forskohlii extract (400mg): Kenyan plant extract believed to health benefits but lacks concrete clinical evidence. According to some clinical studies it may have a mild appetite suppressing effect and might be effective in maintaining weight loss following dieting. This extract seems safe but requires further testing into effects and safety.
- Inositol (400mg): This useful carbohydrate compound may help balance the chemicals in the brain. It is sometimes prescribed for panic attacks, OCD and depression and it may be effective for easing diabetic nerve pain. It requires further evidence but seems safe. Inositol is an ingredient in Red Bull energy drinks.
- Ginger extract (200 mg): Known for aiding the digestion but according to some research, ginger has weight loss properties too. It appears to induce feelings of satiety.
- Rhodiola Rosea extracts (200 mg): Medicinal plant that may have numerous health benefits. It is sometimes taken for Anxiety and depression and it may have benefits for treating fatigue, diabetes, high cholesterol and more. However, it requires clinical testing because there is a lack of human testing to prove these claims.
- Naringin (10 mg): This chemical is derived from grapefruit peel and believed to create a weight loss effect due to its effects upon the metabolism. Interacts with medication.
- BioPerine® (10 mg): May increase the absorption of other ingredients, which will make them more effective.
So What Does All This Mean?
Fitnessguru One Heat@ Day contains a lot of caffeine!
Paullina Cupana may not look like caffeine and caffeine does not show up on the ingredients list but make no mistake this is the principle ingredient contained in this supplement.
We find this a matter for concern because with 1400mg of Paullina Cupana per daily serving you could be adding around 1000 mg of caffeine to your daily intake – the equivalent of approximately 10 extra cups of coffee a day.
Some of the other ingredients contained in this supplement look good. We like ginger – currently being investigated for weight loss. Rhodiola Rosea may be unproven but plenty of anecdotal evidence says it helps combat anxiety and depression. We love green tea – it has proven health benefits.
The major problem with this supplement is that although the ingredient quantities seem high the caffeine will over power everything else.
Does FitnessGuru One Heat AM Have Any Side Effects?
This supplement may cause side effects- especially related to the caffeine content. Potential side effects include:
- Stomach irritation
- Ringing in ears
- Pounding heart
- Irregular heart beat
- Increased heart rate
- Increased Risk of seizure
Avoid if pregnant or breast feeding. Do not take if you have a heart condition.
See your doctor for advice if you have a medical condition relating to the thyroid, heart, blood pressure or if you suffer from Glaucoma. Speak to your doctor first if you are taking prescription medication in case of interactions. This supplement contains grapefruit extract, which is well known for causing drug interactions and in particular will interfere with Statins and blood thinning medication.
Many of the ingredients contained in this supplement have not been fully tested for safety or long term effects. If you experience side effects, discontinue use and take medical advice.
Fitnessguru have not provided any health warnings which is a serious omission for a supplement containing high amounts of caffeine and grapefruit extract.
You may need to avoid drinks containing caffeine while taking this supplement.
Any FitnessGuru One Heat AM Reviews From Customers?
No. Fitnessguru supplements are only available via the official website so no customer reviews.
So Does FitnessGuru One Heat AM Work?
This supplement may help give you enhanced energy and a common side effect of too much caffeine is a loss of appetite. That may help with weight loss but is not a safe or sustainable way to lose weight. Feeling too sick and stressed to eat is more like feeling ill than following a healthy weight loss plan.
We cannot see this supplement working in the way as described. We doubt very much whether the formula has ever been tested and with fairly unknown ingredients in the formula, it is hard to predict just what it will do!
Where Can I Buy FitnessGuru One Heat AM?
You can buy Fitnessguru One Heat@ Day from the official Fitnessguru website.
According to the company information, these supplements are now available in the UK and not just on sale in Sweden.
One pack of 162 capsules (27 days supply) costs £34.90.
Buy in combination with Fitness One Heat @ Night as the Heat Pack for £49.90. Shipping to UK addresses costs an added £7.00.
Fitnessguru supplements are not directly available to USA customers.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee on offer.
Our first impression of Fitnessguru One Heat @Day was good. We loved the stylish website and the recipe page. We loved the cool packaging and the crisp Scandinavian stripped down style of the website. We loved some of the ingredients too but sadly, we were not impressed with this supplement.
Fitnessguru One Heat@ Day does contain some interesting ingredients but the caffeine will probably over power any subtle effects and it seems pointless including ingredients supposed to calm anxiety levels and enhance mood with so much caffeine. It just is not going to work.
We feel it is a serious omission that Fitnessguru have chosen not to mention caffeine by name and even worse have not provided any warnings of side effects. It is highly possible that customers will buy this supplement without even realising what it contains.
Essentially, we feel that this supplement is not much more than an upmarket premium priced caffeine tablet so despite its stylish looks we feel it is just not worth the money.
For all these reasons, we have no other option than to reject Fitnessguru One Heat@ Day.