We take a look to see if this product can aid weight loss, or of it is merely the associated diet that is shrinking customer waistlines.
hCG 1234 Pros
- Contains endurance boosting ingredients
hCG 1234 Cons
- Poor money back guarantee
- Ineffective without following diet protocol
- Contains no ingredients that directly cause weight loss
hCG 1234 Review
hCG 1234 Facts
- Manufactured by Creative Bioscience
- 60 ml per bottle- 40 days of use
- Diet drops absorbed under tongue
HCG 1234 is one of the many weight loss products that Creative Bioscience have created, which they have paired with a highly restrictive choice of diet plans. Consumers can choose between a number of diets containing between 500 calories per day and 1200 calories per day. As this is a huge restriction, it is more than likely that the diet plays more of a role in weight loss than the actual diet drops- read below to find out if the drops are at all effective in increasing weight loss.
Despite the name, HCG 1234 diet drops do not contain any HCG. Our research indicates that until early 2012, the product did contain HCG, but following guidelines from the FDA, Creative Bioscience decided to reformulate the product, but keep the name. The company describes the ingredients of HCG 1234 as a ‘proprietary synthetic hormone substitute’.
Whilst there is anecdotal evidence that actual HCG injections may aid weight loss, the FDA states that,
HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that HCG increases weight loss.
As HCG is unapproved as a weight loss aid, and so Creative Bioscience were forced to remove it from HCG 1234, resulting in the reformulated product on sale today. We go into more detail about the current ingredients profile below.
Creative Bioscience are based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Their official website provides a range of ways in which customers can contact the company, with any queries about the products they offer. The Creative Bioscience hotline also offers advice on dieting dos and don’ts, and information about shipping tracking and returns. Customers can find the full list of contact details on the creativebioscience site.
hCG 1234 Concerns:
- Customers report varying side effects
- Ineffective without following strict diet protocol
- Called HCG but contains no HCG- misleads many customers
What Does hCG 1234 Claim To Do?
HCG 1234 claims to be;
the benchmark that sets the standard for weight loss in the diet drops sector
decreasing the consumer’s appetite and helping them to lose weight. It also claims to burn fat quickly, and is designed for rapid weight loss.
So What Is hCG 1234 and What Are The Ingredients For hCG 1234?
The ingredients for HCG 1234 are listed below, along with the ingredient quantities provided. Because a proprietary formula is used, the quantities of individual ingredients used does not need to be released. Each 0.5 ml (10 drops) serving of HCG 1234 contains 475.6 mcg Niacin, and 3070 mcg of the proprietary formula.
Customers are advised to take 10 drops under the tongue, three times a day, 30 minutes before eating. Consumers should hold these drops under their tongue for one to two minutes, before swallowing any excess that has not been absorbed. Consumers should not eat or drink for 10 minutes before or after taking the drops.
- Niacin: Vitamin B3, or Niacin, is responsible for helping to produce energy from consumed food, as well as helping keep the nervous and digestive systems healthy. Niacin can be easily sourced in adequate amounts from a balanced diet. Persistent excessive consumption of niacin has been linked with increased rates of obesity in American Children.
Proprietary hCG 1234 Complex Formula, 3070 mcg, consisting of:
- L-Ornithine: This amino acid may also trigger production of Human Growth Hormone. Research suggests that it may help to boost endurance, physical strength and energy levels. It is usually taken in daily doses ranging between 2 and 6 grams.
- L-Carnitine: Supplementation of this ingredient has been found to improve fat oxidation.
- L-Arginine: Supplementation of this amino acid increases the production of Nitric Oxide and Human Growth Hormone in the body. This can aid recovery from workouts, increase fat burning and may increase muscle volume when used in conjunction with exercise. The recommended supplementation dose of Arginine is between 9 and 30 grams per day, and so it is unclear how much of an effect the small amount of Arginine present in HCG 1234 will have.
- L-Glutamine: Glutamine levels are depleted during exercise, as it is the main amino acid found in the body. It plays a role in recovery from exercise, strength, stamina, and in maintaining the immune system. It has been linked with protein synthesis, and can prevent muscle mass being catabolised by the body for energy, meaning that during highly restrictive diets, less muscle mass is lost.
- Maca: Whilst it is best used to treat erectile dysfunction, maca root is also used to boost the rate of muscle growth.
- Pygeum Africanum: When used traditionally in herbal medicine, this plant was used to treat inflammation and urinary infections. There is little evidence to suggest that it actually treats these effectively, but it may help to minimise bloating.
- Beta Alanine: This non-essential amino acid improves muscular strength and endurance, and helps to prevent muscle fatigue.
- Rhodiola extract (from Rhodiola Rosea Root): This plant has been shown to increase endurance in rats forced to swim for long periods of time. It may also help to improve recovery time after exhaustive exercise. There is little clinical evidence based upon humans.
- Astragalus: This herb is used to treat a wide range of ailments, even though there is little clinical evidence to support its use in treating any of them. It is used to treat chronic fatigue, and may stimulate the immune system.
So What Does All This Mean?
There are lots of ingredients in HCG 1234 which are typically used by bodybuilders and regular gym-goers to improve their strength and endurance, as well as their recovery after intensive exercise. There is little evidence that any of the ingredients used in HCG 1234 actually aid weight loss directly, although improving muscle mass and physical strength can boost the metabolism, as muscle mass actively uses calories throughout the day to sustain itself.
Does hCG 1234 Have Any Side Effects?
Some customers have reported side effects from using HCG 1234. These side effects include headaches, feeling dizzy, a racing heart, lethargy, chest pains, painful acne breakouts, weight gain, hot flushes, nausea and sickness, vomiting, insomnia, dehydration, stomach pains, and migraine.
With such a wide range of side effects occurring, it is clear that this product is not suitable for all consumers.
Some customers have also found that they regained any and all weight they had lost once they stopped using the product.
Not suitable for those under 18 or women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Any hCG 1234 Reviews From Customers?
There are literally hundreds of reviews from customers on both amazon and on the Walmart website. They are very mixed, and leave a confusing picture about whether the product does or does not work.
Many customers who have left negative reviews have reported no weight loss, side effects and even weight gain. There are numerous suggestions that the product is a way to take money off of customers, and that the only reason other people have lost weight is because they followed the ‘mandatory’ restrictive diet plan that comes with the product. A number of customers are angry that the product contains no HCG, and they feel mislead by the name of the product.
I started taking the 1234 drops one week ago and I’m disapointed at how its not curbing my appetite in the slightest bit and I still weigh the same…Seems like a strange concept anyway…Ill see what happens the next few weeks. Disappointed so far!
I would not recommend this item to anyone. After 2 days of taking this product, I became violently ill. I had a migraine for 2 days that cause so much pain that I was unable to work. Along with the migraine, I could not keep food or liquid down. I vomited horribly for 2 days. As soon as I stopped the drops, I began to feel much better. I have decided that I will just diet the good old fashioned way…..healthy eating and exercise!
On the other hand, there are plenty of positive reviews from customers who love the product and have lost weight by using a combination of the diet drops and the diet protocol set out by the company.
Works well – you HAVE to stick to the HCG diet plan.
There are numerous reviews such as this which suggest to us that the diet plan plays a huge role in the weight loss experienced, and that the diet drops themselves play a much smaller role.
Great weight loss product if your in to starving yourself, you can really drop the weight. Not sustainable unless you are constantly on it.
Only been a week and I’ve lost 6 pounds!! I don’t have cravings for junk anymore. No more afternoon Milkdud Mountain Dew runs!!
It’s helped my friend to lose a 100 lbs. It’s really works if you follow the protocol.
Takes up to 6 months to lose 30 lbs and after you are just disciplined enough not to eat big portion and you keep losing weight. All together it’s took 12 months to get in shape. Highly recommend it.
This product is awesome.., as long as you follow the very limited diet. If you can’t follow the diet don’t waste your money but if you can it will work great:) I have lost 10 lbs in a week and a half and still losing !!
So Does hCG 1234 Work?
On its own, both lovers and haters of HCG 1234 agree that the product does not work well. However, when combined with the extreme diet protocol, some people have seen dramatic results. This is primarily because of the huge calorie deficits that are recommended as a part of the dramatic diet ‘protocol’, but the diet drops may aid consumer endurance when following such a low calorie plan.
This product is definitely not suitable for people who are not willing to follow the diet plan. The diet plan itself is likely not suitable for those who struggle to follow strict diet plans, or those who do not have the time to plan and prepare for a complicated diet that changes its recommended foods and meals frequently.
Where Can I Buy hCG 1234?
HCG 1234 can be purchased from two official websites, creativebioscience.com and hcg1234.com, as well as from Walmart and amazon. The prices on offer vary hugely, and so it pays to shop around.
Creative Bioscience offer a bulk-buy scheme, where the price of an individual bottle falls dramatically as more bottles are purchased. One bottle costs $55.00, two bottles cost $79.00, three cost $99.00 and four cost £109.00.
Hcg1234.com offer a similar pricing structure, although their prices are slightly different. Here, one bottle costs $55.98, two bottles costs $79.98, four bottles costs $109.98, and six bottles costs $129.98. There is free shipping on all orders within the United States.
Amazon offer a single 2 oz bottle for $20.18 plus delivery. A different supplier offers a two bottle pack for $69.99 plus shipping.
Walmart offer a bottle of the product for $29.95.
One bottle contains 120 servings, which should last for 40 days, although this may vary depending upon the customer’s measuring ability, as doses are measured in drops.
What About A Guarantee
Hcg1234.com offers a money back guarantee, but the terms and conditions attached to it to get this money back guarantee are ridiculous, making it incredibly difficult to obtain a refund.
Based on minimum purchase of 1 bottle of hCG1234® (30+ day supply) and at minimum, the shortest recommended protocol from Phase 1 (2 days) to Phase 2 (18 day Low Calorie Diet) and Phase 3 (at least 10 of recommended 21 days). This is a total minimum of 30 days following the protocol.
Customer must provide a complete detailed 30-Day journal of foods, drinks, cosmetics, and activities that were used during the 30 days of following the protocol.
Customer must send any additional unwanted bottles back at customer cost.
Customer must have documentation of contact with our toll-free customer support at 877-744-1224 a minimum of 3 times for diet protocol or product support before the end of the 30 days. Documentation should include recommendations followed in the journal in Section 2.
Customer must follow hCG1234® Diet Protocol in regards to allowed foods and length of time on drops/maintenance as mentioned in Section 1. Those instructions can be found here: http://www.hcg1234.com/instructions.php
If refund is not requested within 90 days of purchase customer forfeits their right to get a refund.
Despite the huge number of positive reviews for this product, we have found it difficult to find any redeeming features of HCG 1234 diet drops. They seem to be largely ineffective when they are not combined with the incredibly restrictive diet protocol that is ‘recommended’ to be used alongside the diet drops.
The returns guarantee is dependent entirely upon the customer offering extensive proof that they have followed the diet for at least 30 days, including providing a food journal and proof that they have used customer support at least 3 times over the 30 day period. This suggests to us that creative bioscience are aware that their product is often ineffective and that they are trying to reduce returns by shifting the blame to the customer for their lack of results.
Even the name is misleading; HCG 1234 contains no HCG, which has led to many customers being incredibly disappointed and feeling purposefully misled by the company. There are many diet drops style weight loss products that are much more effective than this product, which do not have to hide behind a strict diet to appear effective.
We reject hCG 1234.