The big question is whether it lives up to the modest claims that it may help support your weight loss regime? We find out.
Weight Support Pros
- Ingredients should not cause dangerous side effects
- Comes with a 14 day guarantee
Weight Support Cons
- Most of the ingredients are unproven for weight loss
- No independent customer feedback
- May provoke a reaction if you are allergic to shellfish
Healthspark Weight Support Review
Weight Support Facts
- You have to take 6 capsules a day
- Healthspark are a British company based in Jersey
- Each bottle contains 60 capsules or 10 days supply
Healthspark Weight Support is a general-purpose diet pill that the makers say may help support weight loss. It contains just four active ingredients all in 100mg quantities per capsule. There is Chitosan – a natural fat binder derived from shellfish, Green Tea – full of antioxidants, which may have a metabolism boosting effect, Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) believed to help muscle and Garcinia Cambogia that comes with claims of promoting fat burning.
Chitosan is derived from the shells and exoskeletons of shellfish such as crabs and lobsters so you will need to avoid if you are allergic to see food. However it is a fibrous material that has many uses in both industry and medicine.
Chitosan is also supposed to reduce fat absorption so is often marketed as a fat binder. It apparently has an effect upon bile production and reduces the absorption of dietary fats. In addition, it is a fibre so may stay in the stomach for longer creating a feeling of satiety.
The problem is that scientists do not really know exactly how it works and it is still under research. Up to now human testing results have not been positive.
Garcinia Cambogia is equally unproven. This ingredient came to light after exposure on the Dr Oz TV show where he called it a miracle product but the evidence is just not there to back it up. However, this supplement looks safe enough, aside from seafood allergy issues. . We like the green tea and the CLA and unless you have an allergy to shellfish, it probably will not cause too many problems.
If you combined this supplement with a weight loss diet, it may, as the advertising claims offer some support. Losing weight can be hard work and we all need a little help sometimes.
How to Take Healthspark Weight Support
Take 6 capsules daily.
Each two capsule serving should be taken with water 30 minutes before each main meal.
Weight Support is manufactured and marketed by UK company Healthspark. This company are based in Jersey and have been operating since 2008. Healthspark manufacture a wide range of own brand health supplements and also manufacture supplements for trade customers. They appear to be a reputable company. According to their information, Healthspark supplements are all manufactured in the UK according to GMP (good manufacturing practice) industry standards.
Weight Support is part of the Healthspark Platinum range – a collection of supplements designed to meet the nutritional needs of modern day demands. Other Platinum supplements include Female Sexual Support, Male Sexual Support, Digestive Support and Season Support Formula –designed to support you through the changing seasons and help protect against cold.
Healthspark Weight Support Concerns:
- Will this supplement do anything at all?
- No independent customer feedback for this supplement
- May cause an allergic reaction – do you know that you are NOT allergic to shellfish?
What Does Healthspark Weight Support Claim To Do?
According to the product advertising, Weight Support is,
A superb combination of ingredients which may help to maintain a healthy weight when used alongside a healthy diet and exercise program.
It looks safe. The company states,
The supplements in our Platinum Range meet all current EU legislative requirements for food supplements. This includes herbals legislation, positive list and pending upper safe limits.”
So you can, “rest easy in the knowledge that as these have been designed to be taken together, there is no fear of overdosing on individual nutrients as long as the products are taken as directed.
There are four key points but no promises:
- May help to maintain a healthy weight when used alongside a healthy diet and exercise program.
- CLA may help to maintain healthy body fat/muscle ratios.
- Green tea may help to maintain normal appetite control, normal fat digestion, normal metabolism and normal cholesterol levels.
- Chitosan may help to maintain healthy levels of fat in the body by blocking its absorption.
- Chitosan (100mg): In molecular terms, Chitosan is a polysaccharide – a type of carbohydrate composed of D-glucosamine and D-glucosamine and is a naturally occurring sugar found in crab and shrimp shells. Although Chitosan may have medical benefits, so far the clinical testing suggests that it only works in combination with a diet and achieves only very modest weight loss. There is some evidence that it may cause feelings of satiety. It may lower cholesterol too but the fat binding aspect does not seem to be effective according to human testing.
One clinical test carried out on 12 adults concluded, ‘The fat trapped was clinically insignificant. For men, it would take more than 7 months to lose 1 pound of body fat. For women, no fat was trapped.’
- Green Tea (100mg): Green tea contains potent polyphenol antioxidants that have known medical benefits. Green tea has been investigated for its role as a cancer preventative for example and reports have shown that green tea extract intake is associated with increased weight loss due to stimulating thermogenesis. Some medical professionals believe that it works best when incorporated as a beverage into your daily diet. Green tea and added caffeine appears to work better than either ingredient alone.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (100mg): CLA is a group of compounds of unsaturated omega six found in dairy products, meat and eggs and other every day foodstuffs. Some research indicates that CLA may be beneficial to health and muscle building but further evidence is needed.
- Garcinia Whole Fruit Powder (100mg): Garcinia Cambogia has been widely touted for weight loss but lacks any real evidence that it works. Some people believe that Garcinia Cambogia decreases belly fat and helps increase lean muscle mass. It is said to decrease cholesterol, LDL, and triglycerides and to raise levels of the ‘good cholesterol’ HDL.
This sounds good but the medical community does not support these claims and many of the so-called clinical tests have been found to be inadequate.
However, one test carried out on 135 obese subjects had promising beginnings but concluded “Garcinia Cambogia failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo.
- Mild stomach upset
- Allergic reaction if you are sensitive to shellfish
- Stop using the product immediately
- Email email@example.com – include your order number (see the email we sent you when you ordered) – and request a refund
- Post the item back to: HealthSpark Returns , HealthSpark Unit 5b, Millbrook Close, School Lane, Chandlers Ford, Southampton, SO53 4BZ
- Once the package is received, you will be refunded immediately
- Important. You must contact Healthspark within 14 days of receiving your goods to arrange refund
According to Healthspark, this supplement is ’100% Satisfaction Guaranteed’.
So What Is Healthspark Weight Support and What Are The Ingredients?
Weight Support is a general purpose diet pill designed to support your own efforts. The daily serving is six capsules each day and each serving is equal to two capsules.Amounts here relate to the ingredients of one capsule.
So What Does All This Mean?
Don’t expect miracles from this diet pill. There is a lack of evidence that these ingredients really work so it is unlikely that this supplement will really offer much in the way of support to your weight loss.
However, we like the fact that it seems safe and the 600mg of green tea a day may even do you some good. When it comes to the Chitosan, there is a lack of evidence that it works as a fat binder but it is composed of fibre so it may have a very slight effect upon appetite. Some evidence has suggested that it may help weight loss if taken in combination with diet but even the scientists are unable to prove exactly how it works.
Does Healthspark Weight Support Have Any Side Effects?
We have been unable to find much feedback for Weight Control so we cannot bring you any true-life experiences regarding side effects. We can only judge by the ingredients list and some of these can cause conflicting results. For example, Chitosan may cause constipation whereas high amounts of CLA (as here) may cause diarrhoea.
Potential side effects may include:
Green tea contains caffeine so if you are sensitive to this you may experience caffeine side effects such as:
Avoid if pregnant or breast-feeding.
Do not take if you have an allergy to shellfish.
Some medical opinion is that with seafood allergies, it is the flesh rather than the shell, which causes the problem, but we would advise you not to take the risk.
If you do experience an allergic reaction, seek medical advice immediately.
Consult with your doctor first if you have a medical condition or if you are taking medication because of the risk of drug interactions.
Weight Support will interact with blood thinning medication such as Warfarin.
There may be other interactions that we are not aware of.
Any Healthspark Weight Support Reviews From Customers?
We could not find any independent reviews for Healthspark Weight Control. The HealthSpark website does publish customer reviews but at the time of writing there are only three customer comments and we cannot guarantee they are 100% independent. They are all positive. One reviewer said,
Used it for four weeks before anything happened and then the weight just fell off. Feel really good on this.
There are many positive reviews about Healthspark on the Trust Pilot consumer website but most of the comments relate to delivery, rather than the individual supplements.
So Does Healthspark Weight Support Work?
If you combine Weight Support with a healthy diet and exercise routine, you will lose some weight. A lot of this will depend on your own efforts rather than the effects of this diet pill. However many people like the structure of taking a diet pill in order to support weight loss and this added help may make a slight difference too.
According to the journal of obesity CLA, Chitosan and Garcinia Cambogia does not come with sufficient clinical data to support the weight loss claims at present. Much of the testing has been carried out on animals and this does not always transfer to human use. The report concluded,
To date, there is little clinical evidence to support their use. More data is necessary to determine the efficacy and safety of these supplements. Healthcare providers should assist patients in weighing the risks and benefits of dietary supplement use for weight loss.
It is always possible of course that with more testing, this view of supplement ingredients may change.
Where Can I Buy Healthspark Weight Support?
You can buy Weight Support direct from the Healthspark website. If you live in the UK, one tub of 60 capsules (10 days supply) costs £19.99 and includes free delivery.
You can make savings on larger orders. 2 tubs (120 capsules (20 days supply) costs £25.98. 3 tubs (180 capsules or one month’s supply) costs £29.97 so is the better deal.
The Healthspark website caters to international orders and offer free delivery to anywhere in the world regardless of destination.
US and Canadian customers can buy direct from Healthspark
60 capsules of Weight Support costs $32.41 (including delivery to US customers) 120 capsules costs $42.12, 180 capsules (one month’s supply) costs $48.60
Euro zone customers can also buy Weight Support direct from Healthspark
The price for 60 capsules is 25.67 € in Ireland and across Europe, 120 capsules costs € 33.36, one month’s supply of 180 capsules costs €38.49
What About A Guarantee
HealthSpark offer a guarantee on all their supplements. The company state:
If for whatever reason you’re not entirely happy with your HealthSpark product, simply return the container to us (within 14 days of receipt), and we’ll give you a 100% refund straightaway.
You are advised to take the following steps:
There is a lot that we like about HealthSpark Weight Support. The company is very reputable and will not trick you into auto billing and the supplement is easy to buy regardless of location.
We like that HealthSpark offers free delivery and although the guarantee is only valid for 14 days of receiving your supplement, it is better than many others we have seen. It is a guarantee after all and does not come with any strings attached.
We are not so sure about the supplement itself. Weight Support is only supposed to offer support – it is not billed as a magic pill for weight loss – but it is highly possible that it will not do anything at all. That said it is fairly side effect free and seems safe. In addition, it is made in the UK, which is a point in its favour.
Cost wise, the price is not bad and if you buy a month’s supply and make up your mind quickly, you could try risk free and get your money back if you were not satisfied.
The downside is that when comes down to this supplement, we are still not convinced. Most of the ingredients are unproven and apart from the green tea, which does have health benefits, you may find that the effects are minimal.
It is a hard decision but for this reason, we cannot add it to our approved list. Reluctantly we have no other choice but to reject HealthSpark Weight Support.