Hiprolean XS is an Evolution Slimming product. This well-known company markets a range of supplements from their website including their own branded products and Hiprolean XS falls into this category.
Hiprolean XS Pros
- Clear ingredient profile
- Reputable company who are experienced in shipping all over the world
Hiprolean XS Cons
- Somewhat expensive
- Lack of any independent feedback
- Lacks warnings on who should not take this supplement
Hiprolean XS Review
Hiprolean XS Facts
- Hiprolean XS is a branded Evolution Slimming supplement
- Made in the UK in a GMP approved facility
- Each bottle of 60 capsules is equal to one month’s supply
Hiprolean XS is billed as an appetite suppressant and energy booster so comes under the description of a fat burner. It contains a blend of natural ingredients including caffeine, raspberry ketones and green tea but also some more unusual extracts such as bladderwrack and Siberian Ginseng –described as an energy booster without the jitters.
Hiprolean XS looks pretty good at first glance and according to the product information is an all round diet pill that offers support to a couple of common issues. The energy boost may help give you the motivation to move more and the mild appetite suppressant should help you eat less and avoid snacking.
In addition, the ingredients are supposed to create the fat burning effect by increasing your metabolism so you burn off calories at a faster rate than usual.
Hiprolean XS is described as an “incredible strength” supplement. These types of descriptions make us a bit nervous because some supplements are too strong and side effects make them impossible to use for many people.
Hiprolean XS contains a lot of caffeine, which is the principle ingredient and will not suit everyone.
More worryingly, it also contains high levels of Siberian Ginseng, which can have an effect upon oestrogen, so will not be suitable if you have or have had any hormonal condition such as breast cancer.
How to Take Hiprolean XS
To take Hiprolean XS: Take 2 capsules daily with water, one before breakfast and one before lunch with a large glass of water.
Evolution Slimming is a well-known British company based in Canterbury in Kent. You can visit the store in person but most of their business is carried out online and they deliver to 70 countries around the world.
Evolution make many of the supplements they sell and according to their website information, all their branded products such as Hiprolean XS are manufactured in the UK and conform to GMP (good manufacturing practice) standards.
This does not mean that the supplements will work as well as the advertising claims but it does mean that they are produced in a safe clean environment.
This is important because some supplements on the market lack this vital information so could be made in locations where cleanliness may be an issue.
Hiprolean XS Concerns:
- Siberian Ginseng works like oestrogen in the body – potentially dangerous for hormone related medical conditions
- The price. The predominant ingredient is caffeine and at £49.99 it seems extremely expensive for this
- Money back offer only applies to unopened bottles
What Does Hiprolean XS Claim To Do?
The Hiprolean XS advertising states that it will;
Unleash the power of thermogenesis; your body’s fat burning furnace and blast it to the max. 100% hormone and ephedra FREE without side effects.
We are not so sure we agree with this statement. Yes, it is ephedra free but Siberian Ginseng does affect hormones. In addition, strictly speaking thermogenesis means that your body temperature is raised – it is not quite the same as increasing the speed of the metabolism in order to burn off fat and calories at a faster rate.
NEW Hiprolean X-S is our most potent, powerful fat burner ever. 100% natural without side effects it’s our fastest acting weight loss capsule.
There may be side effects. Just because an ingredient is natural does not mean it is side effect free. Not everyone will be able to take high amounts of caffeine without side effects.
Caffeine increases the level of circulating fatty acids in the body. This has been shown to increase the oxidation of these fuels to enhance fat oxidation. Caffeine has been used for years by gym goers, athletes and healthy people to enhance fatty acid metabolism which in turn aids weight loss.
Yes, caffeine does this but you do become accustomed to the ergogenic (energy boosting effects) quickly and once this happens the effects can wear off.
After all many of us drink a lot of coffee and are still overweight.
So What Is Hiprolean XS and What Are The Ingredients For Hiprolean XS?
Hiprolean XS is a fat burning diet pill. You take two capsules a day, which is equal to one serving. Quantities here are in a serving of two capsules:
- Caffeine (400mg): Although caffeine is the world’s favourite stimulant, there is still some controversy around its effects and one simple reason for this is because we are all different and we all have different tolerances to caffeine. Caffeine is ideal for giving you a quick energy boost and increases the speed of the metabolism so helps fat burning. However once you become accustomed to use, these effects can wear off. A cup of instant coffee contains around 100mg of caffeine.
- Green Tea Extract (200mg): Green tea has proven health benefits and the antioxidants (ECGC and polyphenols) found to have anti obesity and fat burning properties because of the effects upon the metabolism. According to one clinical investigation, “Green tea has thermogenic properties and promotes fat oxidation beyond that explained by its caffeine content per se. The green tea extract may play a role in the control of body composition via sympathetic activation of thermogenesis, fat oxidation, or both.”
- Siberian Ginseng (200mg): This plant extract is not the same herb as American or Panax ginseng. It was first used In Russia as a more cost effective version of Ginseng and is supposed to be an adaptogen, which means it generally strengthens the immune system and resistance to stress.
Effects can be unpredictable and can include increasing the appetite. Siberian Ginseng can work like the hormone oestrogen so you should avoid it if you suffer from breast cancer or ovarian cancer or anything where sensitivity to oestrogen is an issue.
Source: WebMD resource
- Bladderwrack (100mg): This seaweed sea plant is high in iodine and is sometimes used to treat thyroid conditions. Based on animal testing bladderwrack may lower blood sugar levels but the safety and effectiveness for human use has not been established.
- Raspberry Ketones (20mg): Much touted weight loss ingredient that is probably included in the formula just for the name! Raspberry ketones have not been clinically tested on humans. Animal testing indicated that when taken in extremely high doses it altered the metabolism and prevented the formation of lipids and fats. It might not work on humans and even if it did at 20mg this is not in sufficient quantities.
- Vitamin B6 (5.6mg): This vitamin is involved in many aspects of the metabolism and vital for the breakdown of lipids. Vitamin B6 is present in many foodstuffs including pork, bread, eggs, fish and poultry. According to the NHS, the recommended daily amounts are only 1.4mg for men and 1.2mg and although this supplement still contains safe quantities, it may cause skin irritation and redness if you are sensitive.
- Vitamin B12 ):(20mcg): Vitamin B12 helps in the production of healthy red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body and a lack of vitamin B12 can cause anaemia and feelings of tiredness and fatigue. Vitamin B12 is present in red meat, dairy and eggs but also in supplement form. Here in safe quantities.
So What Does All This Mean?
Hiprolean XS looks reasonable. The caffeine / green tea combination is safe and you may find it effective for some weight loss. The problem with caffeine however is that it depends upon the individual and his or her tolerance to it. If you are a heavy coffee drinker for example, you may not notice much difference and it is likely that your body will quickly become accustomed to the effects upon your metabolism.
Once this happens you may find that any weight loss or energy boosting effect wears off.
We are not keen on Siberian Ginseng. Yes, for many people it does make them feel better but its effects are unpredictable and there is this effect upon oestrogen that is of concern. This may not be an issue for everyone but nonetheless could be a problem.
Does Hiprolean XS Have Any Side Effects?
It may have side effects. There is feedback on the Evolution Slimming website, which looks genuine, and some customers have experienced mild problems.
A few people have reported stomach upsets and jitteriness;
…the only downside was the jitteriness and weird stomach aches I felt within the first couple days of using this product
after the lunch one I have a bit of an unsettled tummy but it goes once I eat my dinner/tea
Dizziness is also an issue.
I used it from yesterday I feel little dizzy but I did not feel hungry.
Also the problems with insomnia;
can’t sleep but I’m losing weight so it’s worth the suffering!!
Potential side effects may include:
- Sleep disturbances
- Stomach upset
- Dehydration – caffeine can cause this effect
- Increased heart rate
- Elevated blood pressure
- Skin irritation – if you are sensitive to vitamin B6
Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you if have an oestrogen related medical condition or have suffered from breast cancer or cervical cancer in the past.
Do not take if you are sensitive to caffeine or have health issues around the heart or blood pressure. Speak to your doctor first if you suffer from a thyroid related medical condition and seek advice if you are taking prescription medication. Hiprolean XS may cause drug interactions so it is important to check this out beforehand.
Hiprolean XS is not suitable for vegetarians because of the gelatine content of the capsule.
Any Hiprolean XS Reviews From Customers?
We could only find customer reviews on the Evolution Slimming page so we cannot guarantee that this is a true reflection of this supplement.
Many customers are happy.
Lost 12 pounds in a little over two weeks with diet and exercise. the only downside was the jitteriness and weird stomach aches I felt within the first couple days of using this product.
Another customer wrote;
I have lost 1kg in a day, this is my second day, keeping my fingers crossed; I hope this works for long term. the effect is noticed really fast. i will keep you posted
Really? 1kg in just one day? This sounds unbelievable and totally unsafe. Perhaps this customer was confused between 1 kg and 1 lb.
Another customer wrote;
Whilst I was expecting some slight effects from the product I was surprisingly pleased that I didn’t’ have any yet. Drink plenty of water. I am hardly hungry now and in 2 weeks I’ve lost 8lbs. Great!
This level of weight loss sounds believable. Many customers have mentioned the loss of appetite caused by these pills.
So Does Hiprolean XS Work?
Yes, we think it probably does work a bit. The stimulants will reduce appetite and as a result may help you restrict your food intake.
However many of the positive feedback comments have been left by people within the first couple of days of taking and these effects may wear off. Nobody appears to have reported back on his or her weight loss.
In addition, the increased energy boost to the metabolism may also be effective for weight loss but again the body does quickly become accustomed to higher than usual levels of caffeine – the weight loss effects wear off and you may find you urinate more than usual.
However if you combine Hiprolean with a good exercise regime you may find that it helps you focus on your weight loss.
Where Can I Buy Hiprolean XS?
You can buy Hiprolean XS direct from the Evolution Slimming website.
One bottle of 60 capsules (1 month’s supply) costs £49.99. Shipping is free to UK addresses via 2nd class Royal Mail.
Shipping to the Republic of Ireland costs €3.70 (2-5 days). Shipping to Europe costs €4.95 (3-7 days). Shipping to the USA and the rest of the World costs $5.00 (5-14 days). All international shipping needs to be signed for.
All purchases come with a free download of a 7-day diet plan.
What About A Guarantee
Evolution Shipping do not offer a money back guarantee. You can cancel orders for refund within 30 days if you change your mind and the products are returned unopened.
If you return the product in its original condition, we will refund you any money which you have paid us for that product. All you pay for is the return postage of the goods.
Customers are required to pay only the price of the postage to return goods. There are no restocking or administration fees.
Hiprolean XS is OK but it isn’t great! This supplement is predominately a caffeine pill, which at £49.99 is expensive for what it is. The Siberian Ginseng will not suit everyone and we don’t know why they even bothered with the Raspberry Ketones – in such small quantities it hardly seems worth it.
However there is some positive feedback and you may find that in the first few days it helps kick off your weight loss. If you combine it with a healthy eating plan and exercise regime it may help you lose weight.
Alternatively, you could just try changing your diet and increasing your exercise levels yourself. Drink a few black coffees and some green tea too and you may just get the same effects at less cost and without any risk.
We don’t think that Hiprolean XS is simply good enough to add to our approved list. We don’t think it is worth the expense for what will probably turn out to be extremely modest and short term weight loss.
This means we reject Hiprolean XS.