Hydrox Slim is on sale from US supplements company HGH. This company specialise in body building supplements as well as products aimed at other health issues. Most HGH supplements are proprietary brands and only available via the website.
Hydrox Slim Pros
- Comes with a 90 day guarantee
- HGH and Purity Select seem to be reputable
- Contact details include live chat and customer service phone number
Hydrox Slim Cons
- Inadequate ingredients information
- Possible strong side effects
- Unclear about what you actually get for your money
Hydrox Slim Review
Hydrox Slim Facts
- Hydrox Slim is manufactured in a GMP approved facility by Purity Slim
- Only sold direct from the product website
- Each bottle contains 80 capsules
Hydrox slim is a fat burner diet pill that contains stimulants as well as hydroxycitric acid and other ingredients that are believed to help burn fat. It also contains some powerful diuretics, so will increase your visits to the bathroom!
Some clinical research indicates that hydroxycitric acid will help reduce cholesterol levels although it does require further evidence. In addition, Hydrox Slim contains white willow root, a natural acid that works in a similar way to aspirin. The supplement also contains synephrine, a stimulant that comes with health issues around heart and blood pressure.
According to the Hydrox Slim product information, this supplement can help promote safe and healthy weight loss but the ingredients list does not back up this claim. Many of the ingredients come with some health issues so it is surprising there are no warnings on the site about potential side effects.
As well as the stimulants, Hydrox Slim contains dandelion root and uva ursi well known as diuretics because they have the effect of increasing urination. Some people believe that losing “water weight” is effective for weight loss but in truth, it can lead to dehydration. Losing water weight may show up on the scales but it does not affect your fat deposits and it only provides a short lived gratification that you have lost a couple of pounds.
This supplement does not look good at first glance and we are concerned that without adequate explanations about ingredients, people may take this without realising the potential health risks.
How to take Hydrox Slim
To take Hydrox Slim you are advised to take 2-4 capsules mid-morning or mid-afternoon. Take 30 minutes prior to meals or exercise. Drink 8 glasses of water daily while taking this product. Do not exceed 8 capsules per day. Begin use with half the recommended dose and assess your tolerance.
Hydrox Slim is sold only via the HGH website. This supplement company produce their own supplements via an associate company called Purity Select.
According to the company information:
Purity Select is a vitamin manufacturer specializing in Bodybuilding, Weight Loss,and general Health Supplements. We pride ourselves in our creating the best Vitamins with purest natural ingredients available to achieve maximum benefits.
HGH sell a wide range of Purity Select supplements mainly to do with bodybuilding. These include HGH Testosterone 1500, which contains “Long Jack” a plant believed to boost sperm count, and so called natural anabolic steroid called DBol-GH – derived from “bovine Colostrum” or cow’s milk from heavily pregnant cows. Supplements that are more bizarre include, Growth Factor Plus – which HGH claim will help you grow taller in your sleep!
The overriding impression of this company is that they sell some frankly weird supplements and are not too concerned about health risks!
Hydrox Slim Concerns:
- The ingredients list. Just how much of anything is included in this supplement?
- Does this supplement contain diuretics simply to give customers the impression of weight loss?
- Long list of potential side effects yet no health warnings provided.
What Does Hydrox Slim Claim To Do?
According to the product advertising, you can “Achieve Healthy Weight Loss Rapidly With Hydrox Slim”. And it is a “thermogenic compound containing Synphrine, hydroxycitric acid, Guarana (herbal form of caffeine), willow bark (herbal form of aspirin), l-Carnitine, and chromium Picolinate”. HGH claim…
These ingredients combine to make an effective stack for increasing the burning of fat in the body (similar to the use of the ephedrine / caffeine / aspirin stack) and helping to suppress the appetite.
According to HGH,
This pill is a must for healthy weight loss and shredding the pounds quickly and safely
We do not agree with the claims that this diet pill is safe and healthy.
HGH say that…
Hydrox Slim alone can provide healthy and rapid weight loss; however results can be greater and more defined when stacked with Clen XDV or HGF Max.
These are two other HGH supplements. Clen XDV is a DHEA supplement. HGF Max is a human growth hormone supplement, which sounds alarming but seems mainly comprised of amino acids and deer antler!
So What Is Hydrox Slim and What Are The Ingredients For Hydrox Slim?
Hydrox Slim is a fat burner. It contains 2885mg of active ingredients per serving – this could be in two or four capsules – the advertising does not make this clear.
There is no ingredients breakdown because this is branded formula so we can only provide a general over view of ingredients.
- Vitamin B-6: Enables the body to use and store energy so is involved in many aspects of the metabolism. It helps reduce tiredness, helps blood cell formation, improves cognitive ability and is vital for the breakdown of lipids. Vitamin B6 is present in many foodstuffs including pork, bread, eggs, fish and poultry. When taken to excess it can cause skin irritation.
- Chromium: This trace mineral may help reduce carb cravings but there is no real evidence for weight loss or the improvement of athletic ability. There are serious health concerns about this ingredient if taken to excess. Amounts not provided here.
- Garcinia Cambogia Ext. (50% HCA): Much touted ingredient that lacks any real evidence that it works. Some clinical testing suggests it burns fat and reduces appetite because of HCA (hydroxycitric acid) but medical advice is that it requires further evidence and more stringent clinical testing.
- Guarana Ext 50% Caffeine: Native Brazilian bean, which contains higher amounts of caffeine than the coffee bean. Caffeine can increase the speed of the metabolism and may as a result help you burn fat but effects are often short-lived once the body becomes used to it.
- Citrus Aurantium Ext. 6% Synephrine: Citrus Aurantium contains metabolites including synephrine N-Methyltyramine and octopamine. These substances are similar to ephedrine – now banned because of health concerns. However Citrus Aurantium has many of the same health issues. It can increase heart rate and blood pressure and has an adrenaline boosting effect, which can decrease appetite by making you too stressed to eat.
- White Willow Ext 15% Sailicin: White willow extract is often used as a topical treatment for acne and is also the natural source of aspirin when taken internally. No major weight loss effect and can cause potentially dangerous side effects including intestinal bleeding.
- L-Carnitine: This may have an effect upon the metabolism and muscle development. However, L Carnitine is largely untested for its role in weight loss and has mainly undergone animal testing. The long lasting effects and optimum dose need to be further tested.
- Dandelion Root: This commonplace garden weed acts as a diuretic, which means it makes you urinate more. It is touted for many health conditions but there is a lack of medical evidence surrounding its efficacy.
- Uva Ursi: This natural plant has a diuretic effect and lacks evidence regarding long-term safety. May interact with medication and can cause gastrointestinal side effects. It can also induce labour so should not be used if you are pregnant or trying to conceive.
- Green Tea Extract: Rich in the antioxidants Polyphenols and Catechins, which are excellent for maintaining health. Green tea has been found to promote modest weight loss because it can increase the speed of the metabolism and the rate at which you burn off fat.
- Cayenne Pepper: When taken in very high quantities, some research has indicated that high levels of capsaicoinds, the compound that causes the fiery sensation of cayenne, increases the metabolism and promotes fat burning.
So What Does All This Mean?
Hydrox Slim contains a combination of stimulants and diuretics with a few currently fashionable ingredients thrown in. You may notice the increased energy levels although for some users this may be unpleasant and cause side effects such as jitteriness. You may notice increased visits to the bathroom thanks to the diuretic ingredients. In addition, you may find Hydrox Slim causes a loss of appetite because of the effects of the stimulants on your nervous system.
Will this help you lose weight? It might. Especially with the loss of appetite. In addition Hydrox Slim includes ingredients that are believed to help weight loss such as Garcinia Cambogia and Cayenne but there is a lack of evidence to prove this. In addition, the ingredients quantities are unknown.
We like the green tea extract because it does have numerous health benefits but all the other ingredients may have issues and there is a strong risk of potential side effects.
Does Hydrox Slim Have Any Side Effects?
Hydrox Slim may cause a wide range of side effects judging by the ingredients list and we were unable to find real customer experiences because this supplement is sold only via the product website.
Side effects may include:
- Sleep disturbances
- Stomach pains
- Increased risk of intestinal bleeding
- Skin irritation – redness and itchiness
- Head aches
- Increased heart rate
- Rapid heart beat
- Rise in blood pressure
- Increased urination
- Increased risk of suffering a stroke
- Increased risk of heart attack
Avoid if you are pregnant or breastfeeding and do not take if you are trying to conceive. Uva Ursi can induce childbirth and possibly miscarriage.
Do not take if you suffer from a medical condition especially a heart or blood pressure problem.
Avoid if you suffer from a digestive disorder such as GORD or acid reflux. Do not take if you are sensitive to stimulants.
Do not take if you are on prescription medication because the ingredients may cause interactions.
Remember, the amount quantities are not provided so you will really have no idea what you are taking. If you visit your doctor beforehand for advice he or she will probably advise that you do not take this supplement. The lack of contents information is of serious concern and many of these ingredients are potentially dangerous, especially if taken in high amounts.
HGH does not provide any health advice for this supplement, which is a serious omission.
Any Hydrox Slim Reviews From Customers?
Independent customer feedback is not available for this supplement.
So Does Hydrox Slim Work?
It will undoubtedly have a stimulant effect and this may affect your appetite too so you may lose some weight. However, we do not advise that this is a reason for trying it. This supplement will not be safe for everyone and many of the ingredients do not have any evidence that they will promote weight loss.
In addition without any accurate ingredient amounts you really will have no idea just what you are taking. Chromium for example is a trace mineral that is dangerous in high amounts and is better when taken as part as a natural diet (it is presents in foodstuffs such as peanuts). White willow extract comes with no evidence for weight loss and can cause internal bleeding.
However, the main concerns are around the stimulants and in particular synephrine and citrus Aurantium, which are well documented as being dangerous and increasing the risk of stroke and heart attack.
Where Can I Buy Hydrox Slim?
You can only buy Hydrox slim via the HGH website or alternatively Purity Select. These two websites are linked and the sales pages are identical.
Each bottle of Hydrox Slim contains 80 capsules so is around a month’s supply if you take as directed. However, you do not buy Hydrox Slim by the bottle. You buy in weekly supplies and it is unclear just how many bottles of capsules you will get for your money.
Three weeks supply of Hydrox Slim costs $79.99. You can also buy Hydrox Slim in 6 weeks supply at a cost of $135.99. Nine weeks supply costs $194.99.
All purchases come with free shipping to US addresses. If you wish to have this supplement shipped to other locations, your best bet is to contact the company via phone or the live chat facility.
What About A Guarantee
There is a 90-day money back guarantee.
If you’re not satisfied even after taking your entire dose, return it to us even if the bottle is empty and we will refund your entire purchase, minus shipping costs. It’s that easy and that simple!
We are not impressed with Hydrox Slim. This supplement lacks some vital information around amount quantities so you really will have no idea what you are taking. Some of the ingredients are known for causing dangerous side effects so this is a matter for concern.
In addition we cannot understand why HGH have bothered to include diuretic ingredients in the formula and suspect that this is solely to give you the impression you have lost weight in a short period of time.
HGH have not provided any health warnings or advice about who this supplement is suitable for, and more importantly who it is not.
There is no customer feedback because this company only choose to sell from their own websites and this means that the people who are selling this diet pill have control over customer reviews.
Annoyingly you don’t even know how many bottles you will be sent as a 3, 6 or 9 weeks supply.
We like the guarantee and we have not found any issues with HGH or their manufacturers Purity Select but do not feel that this is enough to recommend that anyone actually buy this product. Therefore, we have no other choice but to reject Hydrox Slim.