We take a further look at Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite to find out more about this supplement.
Hardcore Elite Pros
- Some positive customer feedback
Hardcore Elite Cons
- Strong risk of side effects
- Ingredient profile information varies
- No guarantee. You cannot get a refund if you are unable to take this supplement.
Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite Review
Hardcore Elite Facts
- This supplement is marketed by Canada based company MuscleTech
- A previous version of this diet pill lead to death and injury
- Contains high levels of Yohimbe – a dangerous stimulant linked with causing heart attacks
A diet pill named “Hardcore” is never going to be one of those supplements that could be described as gentle or good for you!
Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite, a Muscle Tech supplement, comes with some powerful and punchy advertising on its website and promises what is described as an “unrivalled thermogenic experience” that “jacks up” energy levels.
It is aimed primarily at the body builder market so you can tell that this diet pill is going to have a strong stimulant effect, which will not suit everyone.
According to the MuscleTech website information, this supplement contains Green coffee bean extract, caffeine and L Theanine and amino acid L Carnitine as the principle ingredients. plus cocoa extract, cayenne and black pepper.
Green coffee bean extract is the principle ingredient. It contains cholrogenic acid believed to inhibit glucose into the blood stream and has been widely touted for weight loss although there is very little evidence.
Caffeine and cocoa extract are well known for stimulant effects, which can increase the metabolism and heart function. . L Theanine may be effective at increasing alertness and L Carnitine is an amino acid which plays a role in converting fat to energy.
This all sounds OK but worryingly Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite sold on Amazon has a very different ingredients profile.
The Amazon version includes many of the same ingredients as previously mentioned but also Coleus Forskolin and high amounts of Yohimbe, making this supplement look like a very different proposition.
In addition, the L Carnitine, cayenne and black pepper have been cut out of the formula completely.
Yohimbe is believed to be effective as a stimulant and aphrodisiac but is known to be dangerous and has been linked to causing strokes and seizures. It is not one of those minor ingredients added as a small adjustment. It will play a major role in any supplement.
We contacted Muscle Tech via Amazon to ask about this and are still awaiting a reply.
However, the small print explains:
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site.
This is not very good. In our opinion fairly poor that Muscle Tech’s are unable to get their own facts straight but maybe we should not be surprised.
To take Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite
You are advised to begin slowly to assess tolerance.
Day 1. take just one capsule
Day 2 and Day 3. Take two capsules once a day
Day 4 and beyond. Take two capsules, twice daily.
Take each serving 30 to 60 minutes before your two largest meals of the day (e.g., breakfast and lunch).
Do not exceed 4 capsules in a 24-hour period. Avoid snacking, and drink 10 glasses of water each day. Avoid usage within 5 hours of bedtime.
For best results, use for 60 days in combination with diet and training. Do not use for more than 8 weeks.
Read the entire label before use and follow the directions provided.
(Bearing in mind that Muscle Tech change the ingredients profile, this is sound advice)
Muscle Tech is a very well known company, based in Canada and it does have history of putting dodgy ingredients into supplements.
The Hydroxycut brand name has been around since 2002 and back then contained ephedra as a principle ingredient.
In 2004, ephedra was banned so Muscle Tech revised the formula. However, this newer version of Hydroxycut was still not safe and was linked to 23 reports of serious heath damage to liver and one death.
In 2009, the supplement was reformulated again and this time contained legal ingredients such Lady’s Mantle Olive extract and Cumin. We covered the various Hydroxycut supplements in a previous investigation and were not impressed with what we saw.
Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite is another version of this diet pill only this time Muscle Tech seem unable to decide on the precise contents.
Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite Concerns:
- Will customers who read about this supplement on the Muscle Tech website realise that the formula has changed and is more dangerous than advertised?
- Why have Muscle Tech not mentioned the changes to their own formula?
- The majority of customers have reported side effects.
What Does Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite Claim To Do?
According to the product advertising, there are four key features to Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite.
- Super-Thermogenesis – This features a “supercharged thermogenic driver (caffeine anhydrous) in combination with other sensory-enhancing ingredients, including Coleus Forskohlii and L-theanine, to deliver a one-of-a-kind sensory experience.”
- Extreme Energy- “Potent thermogenic driver (caffeine anhydrous) – also jacks up energy levels for a boost in intensity – even after just one dose.”
- Enhanced Focus – “Supports increased focus with its key thermogenic driver”. (caffeine again)
- Powerful Weight Loss – This is attributed to Green coffee bean extract. According to MuscleTech this “has been shown to be effective in two scientific studies. “
There is no evidence to support these claims.
So What Is Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite and What Are The Ingredients For Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite?
Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite is a stimulant fat burner diet pill. Each serving is equal to two capsules and this ingredients list is based on a two capsule serving.
MuscleTech appear to change the ingredients profile at random and without prior notice. However, this is correct at the time of writing.
- Caffeine Anhydrous (270mg): This crystallised form of caffeine is often included in diet supplements but is otherwise identical to the caffeine you drink in coffee.
Caffeine is known to boost the speed of the metabolism and as we all know does raise energy levels too, but describing it, as a potent thermogenic driver seems an exaggeration. The metabolism boosting effect is real but it does reduce once your body becomes accustomed to use
The average cup of filter coffee contains around 100mg so you will notice the effects of taking this.
- Green Coffee Extract (200mg): The Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite information makes a lot of the fact that this ingredient has undergone two studies. However, there are no links to clinical evidence and in truth, there is no definitive evidence that proves this ingredient works as well as described. The clinical trials have all been of “poor methodological quality” and scientists advise, “more rigorous trials are needed to assess the usefulness of GCE as a weight loss tool.” Contains caffeine.
- Coleus Forskohlii (100mg): Much touted plant extract believed to stimulate thyroid hormones. May help increase testosterone but lacks clinical testing and medical opinion is that this ingredient requires further clinical evaluation. There is not enough evidence to prove that this ingredient really works for weight loss.
- L Theanine (100mg): Vitamin B1 also called Thiamine. Water-soluble vitamin that is essential for health and present in many normal foods including, yeast and cereal grains – High doses of Thiamine may improve mental capacity.
- Cocoa Extract (Theobroma cacao seed) (100mg): The active ingredient of cocoa extract is Theobromine. It can have a stimulant effect if taken in sufficient quantities. It can increase the heart rate and give you a short-lived buzz and is sometimes used in medicine to widen blood vessels and treat coughs.
- Yohimbe bark extract (56.3mg): This stimulant sometimes marketed at as aphrodisiac contains an active ingredient called yohimbine that can increase blood flow.
Research has demonstrated dangerous side effects including seizure, increased blood pressure, palpitations and heart attacks. These side effects have all been reported by people who have taken yohimbine and this ingredient is classified as dangerous.
So What Does All This Mean?
Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite will have a stimulant effect. It contains a lot of caffeine; remember green coffee bean extract also contains caffeine. However, our main concern is with Yohimbe. This is also a powerful stimulant and comes with some very serious risks especially with this high daily dose.
According to scientific research, taking Yohimbe in doses of up to 100mg a day poses a serious threat to health and includes the possibility of seizure and even death. If you take Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite as recommended, you will be exceeding this already high level.
This combined with the stimulant effect of Theobroma (known to widen blood vessels) and caffeine and you are looking at a potentially dangerous cocktail of stimulants.
Worryingly, if potential customers just look at the ingredients list posted on the Muscle Tech website, this supplement seems relatively safe.
Will it work for weight loss? If you are looking for a pill to take in order to train then it will probably do something. This supplement is quite literally not for the faint hearted or anyone who cares about their health and wellbeing.
Does Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite Have Any Side Effects?
Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite comes with loads of side effects!
These do not affect everyone but many customers have reported problems, too many to include here.
Customer comments include;
Stay away, gave me a migraine, jitters and nausea!
In the two days after I took it, my nerves were totally out of control. I thought I ‘ll have a heart attack
I was doing okay with taking 2 pills/day, but as soon as I switched to 4 pills per the instructions on the bottle, I became very sick that very day.
I had to leave work early because I was breaking out in a cold sweat just sitting down and my head was pounding. For three weeks, I suffered from terrible headaches and stomach pains.
Potential side effects include;
- Stomach pains
- Cold sweats
- Racing heart
- Heart palpitations
- Irregular heart beat
- Increased blood pressure
- Heart attack
- Risk of stroke
- Risk of liver damage
- Burning sensation when opening bowels
- Increase in urine output
- Chest pains
Avoid if pregnant or breast feeding. Do not take if you have a heart condition or any other medical condition including high blood pressure, liver disease or a thyroid related medical condition.
Avoid if you have Glaucoma or suffer from any type of mental illness including depression and PTSD. Avoid if you are taking prescription medication because this supplement will cause a variety of drug interactions.
Any Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite Reviews From Customers?
Yes, a lot and of course not everyone has experienced side effects.
There is a lot of positive feedback.
“It’s work really good and gives you extended energy” is a typical positive comment and hundreds of other customers say the same thing.
Some people mention weight loss too and say that it has helped them.
Many customers accept the side effects but still like the supplement;
This is super strong!!!!! Two tablets alone makes me wanna jump out of my frigging skin! I have made to scale it back to one tablet at a time. The fat burning stuff am not so sure about cause the pounds are falling slower than the other products. While I give it a 5, am not sure I’ll be buying it next time. I don’t wanna end up with a heart attack or something.
It works, but all the side effects are true. Extra trips to the restroom, sweating and jitters come almost immediately. Only take before activity( sexual or workouts). The only product I swear by for serious people.
Remarkably a few people did not seem to have any effects at all;
crock of s**t! didn’t do ANYTHING!
was one comment.
So Does Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite Work?
Yes, we think it does work as a stimulant for most people. Many customers have been happy with this supplement and have used it to fire up their exercise routine. Some customers have reported weight loss too.
The big downside is that Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite is potentially dangerous and we are not exaggerating the risks of Yohimbe.
This ingredient has been known to cause heart attacks and seizures in otherwise healthy people. It is on the dangerous list of supplements provided by health website WebMD.
There is overriding proof that Yohimbe is dangerous and can lead to acute neurotoxity, causing a rise in heart rate and blood pressure combined with vomiting and nausea.
Where Can I Buy Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite?
You cannot buy this supplement direct from the MuscleTech website but you can find a distributor list and buy it from one of these.
However, an easier option is to look on Amazon where MuscleTech sell direct to customers.
One bottle of 100 capsules (approximately 1 month’s supply) costs $21.41 (plus shipping to US addresses). 180 capsules costs $31.95 (plus shipping). 3 packs of 100 capsules costs $59.98 and includes free shipping.
UK customers can buy from independent sellers via amazon.co.uk. One seller is offering 100 capsules for £22.89 plus £2.99 shipping.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee is offered.
Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite has some positive feedback, with some customers very happy with this supplement and saying that it works for weight loss and to enhance energy.
Despite this, the risk of side effects is very high and even fans of this supplement agree that it does come with health risks.
Many people seem to have experienced heart problems and although these may not have been taken seriously, make no mistake Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite could be dangerous and it may do serious harm.
Muscle Tech are a well known company but they do have past form in selling Hydroxycut supplements which have actually lead to serious illness and death.
Added to these concerns, the fact that MuscleTech have changed the formula and made it much stronger than the original version is a serious worry. If this company cannot get their own facts straight, what does it say about their attention to detail or concern about the health of their customers?
Muscle Tech do not even provide a health warning to advise customers of the possible dangers of taking stimulants. It is an easy decision. There is nothing we like about this supplement so unsurprisingly we reject Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite.