We take a look to see if this diet pill is safe for aiding weight loss.
Phenyl Core Pros
- Very cheap product
- Only one capsule per day
- 30 day money back guarantee
Phenyl Core Cons
- Huge list of potential side effects
- Some ingredient quantities are too small to be effective
- Some ingredients are untested in humans
Infinite Labs Phenyl Core Review
Phenyl Core Facts
- Manufactured by Infinite Labs
- Bottles available in 24 capsule or 100 capsule sizes
- Contains untested ingredients
Phenyl Core is a fat burning diet pill manufactured by infinite labs and available at numerous online retailers at a pretty low cost. With a standard bottle lasting for 100 days, and the manufacturers promising a wide variety of benefits, it is easy to see why customers would be tempted to purchase this product.
However, as we show below, there are numerous concerns to be raised about the ingredients used, the lack of research available for many of the ingredients, and the huge range of potential side effects.
Even worse is that the lack of research means that there may be some side effects that are currently unknown, making this supplement potentially dangerous, especially for anyone who is being treated for any medical conditions.
Infinite Labs Phenyl Core Concerns:
- Some ingredients are not tested on humans
- Ingredients quantities too small to be effective
- Huge range of potential side effects
What Does Infinite Labs Phenyl Core Claim To Do?
Phenyl Core is described as having the following qualities:
Extreme Metabolic Amplifier, Infinite Energy Formula, Supports Appetite Control!
There is an incredibly long list of ingredients, which the website describes based upon how they may aid weight loss. According to the official website:
Phenyl Core® offers a concentrated, effectual dose (of phenylethylamines) that users can feel within minutes of consumption.
Their Polyphenolic Herbal Catechin Complex is high in polyphenols.
Besides its immense antioxidant properties, polyphenols act synergistically with caffeine and the other components of Phenyl Core® to further augment thermogenesis, the conversion of fat calories into heat energy, and amplify other benefits essential to fat loss.
Finally, the Infinite Burn Proprietary Complex
is an exclusive mix of natural ingredients selected to promote fat loss from several distinct angles. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Energy and thermogenesis, facilitated by hordenine, a phenylethylamine alkaloid
- Meal satisfaction, enabled by Konjac root
- Fat absorption, facilitated by Cissus quadrangularis
- Appetite and mood regulation, also enabled by Cissus quadrangularis and Rhodiola rosea
- Preservation of lean muscle tissue, enabled by Cissus quadrangularis
So What Is Infinite Labs Phenyl Core and What Are The Ingredients For Benevita?
The following ingredients list does include several proprietary formulas, and so the individual ingredient quantities are not listed. However, there are some ingredients quantities provided. The list below is per serving of a single capsule. Consumers are advised to take one capsule per day, in th morning on an empty stomach.
NeuroPhen Mood Complex (35mg)
- Acacia Rigidula P.E. (plant): This plant, originating in Texas, Mexico and Africa, supposedly contains over 40 active compounds, some of which are thought to increase the metabolism, as well as lipolysis in the body. However, there very little investigation has been made into this plant in relation to weight loss, and so our knowledge of the plant is based on speculation rather than clinical results. Some of the active compounds are related to amphetamines.
- B-Phenylethylamine: More commonly known as PEA, this ingredient is derived from the amino acid phenylalanine. It is thought to increase alertness, aid in concentration and focus, and may also enhance mood, which are all arguably traits that dieters need help with in succeeding with their weight loss attempts.
- 3,5-Dimethoxytyramine: Known to be found in Acacia Rigidula. There is little evidence available to state how this product works, or if it is safe for consumption.
- 4-Methyl-2 Pyridinamine: Known to be found in Acacia Rigidula. There is little evidence available to state how this product works, or if it is safe for consumption.
- 2-Cyclohexylethylamine: This alkaloid is known to be found in Acacia Rigidula and is related to B-Phenylethylamine. However, it may not work in the same way as B-Phenylethylamine.
- 4-hydroxy-phenethylamine (Tyramine): People who are prone to migraines have sometimes been advised to avoid tyramine, as it is thought by some to help to trigger migraines. It is an amino acid that helps regulate blood pressure. Those taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) for depression need to avoid tyramine supplements and foods high in tyramine, as the combination of the two can lead to dangerous increases in blood pressure.
Polyphenolic Herbal Catechin Complex (50 mg)
- Green Tea: Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a very low calorie diet.
- White Tea: Another type of tea, which will contain catechins and polyphenols, which are thought to boost the metabolism through boosting the thermogenic output of the body.
- Kuding Tea with 80% polyphenols: Polyphenols are antioxidants that are thought to boost the metabolism. One specific type of polyphenol is EGCG, which is found in tea leaves, and has been identified specifically as an ingredient that boosts the thermogenic output of the body.
- Caffeine Anhydrous (200mg): Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
Infinite Burn Proprietary Complex (115mg)
- Hordenine: A central nervous stimulant that is thought to boost the metabolism, Hordenine is found in several different plants, including Bitter Orange and Acacia Rigidula
- Konjac Root: Glucomannan is a fibre that comes from the root of konjac. The powder absorbs water upon contact and becomes gel-like in consistency; it not only helps to fill the stomach, but slows down digestion, meaning that the dieter can go for longer before feeling hungry again. There are numerous studies that show glucomannan use leads to weight loss without making any other changes. However, the quantities used in this diet pill are much smaller than those used in successful clinical trials.
- Cissus Quadrangularis Extract (seeds): One study showed that daily consumption of 300 mg of Cissus Quadrangularis led to a ‘significant’ reduction in both weight and blood glucose levels. However, research is still in the preliminary stages, and detailed information about the trial, including time span and actual weight loss, has not been made publicly available.
- Rhodiola Rosea Extract (root): This plant has been shown to increase endurance in rats forced to swim for long periods of time. It may also help to improve recovery time after exhaustive exercise. There is little clinical evidence based upon humans.
So What Does All This Mean?
Considering that two of the proprietary complexes are bulked out with dextrose, it is hard to determine just how much of any ingredient is present in this diet pill. Whilst many of the ingredients have been linked to weight loss through clinical trials, it seems that many of the ingredients may be present in insufficient quantities to make a significant difference to weight loss.
For example, studies have shown that one gram of konjac (also known as glucomannan) taken before each meal will suppress the appetite and aid weight loss. Considering that the proprietary formula that contains konjac in this diet pill only provides a total of 115mg distributed over several ingredients, it is clear that this is not enough konjac to make a significant difference to appetite. The same can be said about the quantities of Cissus Quadrangularis used in this diet pill.
We would not recommend that customers increase their dosage of the capsules to compensate, as they contain 200 mg of caffeine, which is a significant quantity. Increasing the dose could therefore cause side effects due to the few ingredients that are present in significant quantities.
Does Infinite Labs Phenyl Core Have Any Side Effects?
There are numerous ingredients in Phenyl Core that could cause side effects. These include caffeine, konjac, Cissus Quadrangularis, Acacia Rigidula, and Tyramine.
Caffeine can cause headaches, increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, heart palpitations, increased urination, dehydration, jitteriness, dizziness and insomnia. Consumers should drink plenty of water and monitor their caffeine intake from other sources such as soft drinks, tea and coffee.
Konjac extract, also known as glucomannan can increase bowel movements. If not enough water is consumed when taking the supplement, the consumer can develop stomach pains, constipation and even an intestinal blockage. Considering the tiny quantities used in this diet pill, these are all fairly unlikely.
The side effects of Cissus Quadrangularis as headache, intestinal gas, dry mouth, diarrhoea, and insomnia.
The side effects of Acacia Rigidula may include an increase in temperature, as well as various other side effects that are associated with stimulants, such as headaches, an increased heart rate and blood pressure, fainting, heart palpitations and insomnia.
In general, the side effects of Acacia Rigidula are under-researched, just as the benefits of the product are. This means that the product may be presented as a side-effect free ingredient: just because there are few known side effects, does not mean that this ingredient is safe, especially over a long period of use.
Those taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) for depression need to avoid tyramine supplements and foods high in tyramine, as the combination of the two can lead to dangerous increases in blood pressure.
Symptoms of very high blood pressure include:
- Fast heartbeat
- Dilated pupils
- Rarely, bleeding in the brain (hemorrhagic stroke) or death
Use only as directed.
Consult a health care practitioner before use if you are pregnant or nursing, allergic to aspirin, have a serious medical condition or use prescription medications.
For adult use only.
Not suitable for those who are sensitive to caffeine.
Do not exceed recommended dose within a 24 hour period.
To avoid sleeplessness, do not take within 4 hours of bedtime.
Not suitable for those taking MAOI anti-depressants. If in doubt, consult your doctor, and provide them with a complete ingredients list.
Any Infinite Labs Phenyl Core Reviews From Customers?
There is one customer review that has been left at a1supplements.com:
I started taking this product a couple of months ago. I have lost 25 pounds already and ready to lose the rest that this baby put on me. By far the best fat burner i ever tried. Thanks Infinite labs for helping me get back to my regular shape. I truly recommend this product.
At amazon.com there are a few more reviews. These are generally positive, although there is one negative review:
Did not do anything for me. Nothing at all. I was trying to find something cheaper to replace the fastin xr that is becoming so hard to find, which was the only thing that seemed to give me energy and decrease my appetite. Guess I will keep looking.
The above review is the only review that is a verified purchase on amazon, which makes us hesitant to believe the positive reviews. Looking at the other reviews written by reviewers, it is clear that at least some of the reviewers are representatives of Infinite labs, writing glowing reviews for the whole range of infinite labs supplements.
For example, one customer wrote:
My first fat burner I ever tried, I noticed this gave me a lot of energy and when I was done with the bottle I was also a lot leaner than when I started.
However, they have also written a number of reviews for diet pills that predate this review, including reviews for other fat burners made by Infinite Labs.
So Does Infinite Labs Phenyl Core Work?
Whilst the customer reviews would suggest the product does work, some of them seem to be fraudulently written. The only review on amazon that was a verified purchase was a negative review, which does not say much for the actual potency of the product.
Based on the ingredients list, it is difficult to establish the potency of the product, because of the numerous proprietary ingredients lists as well as the lack of research to support many of the ingredients used in the diet pill. Caffeine is a proven metabolism booster, but its effects are relatively small.
Where Can I Buy Infinite Labs Phenyl Core?
Phenyl Core is available at numerous different online retailers. From infinite labs, several different bottle sizes are available:
A “trial size” bottle of 24 capsules is currently reduced to $5.00. Considering that the daily dose is simply one capsule, this represents incredible value, although it is not known how long this discount will last. 100 capsules cost $36.29, again a reduced price that may be temporary.
The website is quite confusing, as it also has another option for 100 capsules that is priced at the slightly lower cost of $32.99. It is unclear if this is an error or not, and consumers should be aware that this offer may change at any time.
A1 Supplements offer the 100 capsule option for $28.95 plus delivery. Amazon.com is offering the 100 capsule sized bottle for $25.76 with free shipping.
Customers in the UK can order from Amazon.co.uk, with a bottle of 100 capsules costing £50.80, with free delivery. Compared to the other retail sites that offer Phenyl Core, this is quite an expensive option. Alternatively, allstarhealth.com offer the same sized bottle for £13.18, which is obviously the best value option for customers in the UK.
What About A Guarantee
Infinite Labs have a 30 day money back guarantee. The item must be returned, unused or used, with the following items included:
- Proof of Purchase
- Lot Number (located on the bottom of the container and/or near the supplement facts panel)
- Reason for Return
Overall, it is impossible to recommend this product, as there are simply too many unknowns that could be negatives; there is a lack of research into many of the ingredients. This means that there is a lack of understanding just how these ingredients affect the body, no accurate knowledge of whether they are viable weight loss aids, and little knowledge about any potential side effects that could occur.
For the ingredients that do have some clinical evidence to support them, it seems impossible that the quantities used in Phenyl Core are anywhere near as high as those used in the clinical trials.
The dubious customer reviews that have been left on amazon may help to get more customers, but once we noticed the number of similar reviews the ‘customers’ had left on numerous other Infinite Labs products, we found it difficult to trust the company itself.
Whilst we do not recommend this product to our readers, those who do want to purchase Phenyl Core will find it a cheap product that is covered by a 30 day guarantee, the only two upsides for this product.