The big question about Isagenix Natural Accelerator is whether this supplement is actually worth trying. Let’s face it; if it is a dud, it is not going to be easy to make your fortune out of it! We look at Isagenix Natural Accelerator to find out the details.
Natural Accelerator Pros
- Seems safe – Should not cause too many unpleasant side effects
- Some positive feedback
Natural Accelerator Cons
- Very unlikely to work in the way as described
- Confusion surrounding the ingredients list
- Seems like a hassle to buy in the approved way
Isagenix Natural Accelerator Review
Natural Accelerator Facts
- Isagenix is a Direct Marketing Company (Multi Level Marketing)
- Isagenix supplements are sold by Associate Members
- Each bottle of Isagenix Accelerator contains 60 capsules (1 month’s supply)
Rev up your body’s natural fat burning ability and say goodbye to unwanted pounds! Isagenix Natural Accelerator promises to do this as well as improve your muscle tone. According to the advertising, this supplement contains cinnamon, green tea, cayenne and ginseng as well as Royal jelly and B vitamins so it looks pretty healthy at first glance.
However, the label tells a different story. It is not that this supplement contains dangerous ingredients. Just that the ingredients list does not match the advertised contents of this supplement. Ooops!
Isagenix Natural Accelerator does not actually contain Royal Jelly despite this being advertised. It does not appear to contain ginseng either. It does however contain the other advertised ingredients plus chromium, alfalfa and cider vinegar. We would have liked to see some explanation why the advertised ingredients do not match the ingredients list on the label, however this information is not provided.
In truth, as common with other MLM set-ups, the product is not as important in the advertising as the structure of the distributor network, sales policy and potential profits to distributors (called Associates).
Isagenix Natural Accelerator looks safe. The ingredients are herbal and there aren’t any dangerous stimulants or even high levels of caffeine. Will it work? Green tea may play a role in increasing the speed of the metabolism – although it does work best when combined with caffeine but with just 411mg of the proprietary blend per serving there is little here that appears to do much.
Isagenix Natural Accelerator is part of a range of supplements sold by MLM company Isagenix. Other products include a selection of weight loss Snacks and meal replacement Shakes.
The major focus of the advertising is on the weight loss systems or Paks that comprise of a multi pack of products such as the 30 days Weight Loss System. Follow this system for a month and replace two of your meals each day with Shakes and you will probably lose weight.
According to an Australian general manager Angus Love, speaking in an interview on Australian TV channel 9, following the 30 Days Weight Loss System results in an average of 3.2 kilos weight loss.
As ever, with Direct Marketing, the business opportunities are given more prominence than the supplements themselves and according to Isagenix over 100 of their promoters have become millionaires!
You can access their success stories via the Isagenix website.
One typical story is of a couple Tony and Randi from Utah who supposedly have made $12.4 million! Wow! Really!!
We are finding it hard to believe that most people will achieve these levels and of course, they will not. According to Angus Love, 84% of distributors use the supplements that they buy at wholesale prices themselves and selling to their network of friends and family will net them around $500 a year tops.
Most people who try Direct Marketing will fail because it is unsustainable and you can quickly run out of customers. That said, a small percentage of people appear to have made a living out of Isagenix. Isagenix explains:
Isagenix can help you redefine your lifestyle. You may want to make $500 a month to make a car payment, or $100,000 a month to live the life of your dreams. No matter what you want, it’s here for you. Join us!
The product information does not include how and when to take Isagenix Natural Accelerator.
Isagenix Natural Accelerator Concerns:
- Worrying that Isagenix cannot provide an accurate ingredients profile for this supplement
- Signing up as an Associate will not guarantee financial success – 84% of members fail
- This supplement looks like a waste of money
What Does Isagenix Natural Accelerator Claim To Do?
According to the advertising, Isagenix Natural Accelerator has four key points:
- Excellent for Cleanse Days (presumably part of one of the Isagenix weight loss programmes)
- Helps reduce appetite
- Helps boost metabolism and burn fat
- Stimulant free and will not cause the jitters
In addition, it will ‘Support your body’s ability to efficiently metabolize fat’.
It does this via,
Natural thermogenic ingredients such as cayenne, green tea, cinnamon and ginseng have been shown to possess fat-burning qualities, which can kindle metabolism and support weight loss.
There is no scientific evidence provided to back up this claim and the formula does not actually contain ginseng.
So What Is Isagenix Natural Accelerator and What Are The Ingredients?
Isagenix Natural Accelerator is a diet pill that comes with the claims it will help you burn fat, reduce appetite and accelerate weight loss. Each capsule is equal to one serving.
- Niacin (12 mg): Also known as vitamin B3, this vitamin is important for heart health and is known to reduce cholesterol levels if taken at high doses, although side effects can make this a problem. This is in safe levels here because the recommended daily amount for adults is 35mg. However take too much and it can cause facial redness and itching.
- Chromium (amino acid Chelate) (75 mcg): This trace mineral is believed to promote muscle growth and fat burning but lacks evidence. Chromium is present in a normal diet and scientists believe that supplementation is unnecessary. Here combined with amino acids.
Proprietary Blend (411 mg). This contains:
- Green tea (Camellia Sinensis): Clinical research has found that green tea has proven health benefits and the antioxidants (ECGC and polyphenols) found to have anti obesity and fat burning properties because of the effects upon the metabolism.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This is a popular folklore remedy for a wide number of conditions including head lice, arthritis and diabetes. None of the medical claims have been scientifically proven and there have been issues around apple cider vinegar tablets causing injury to the throat and being a common cause of heartburn.
- Cayenne (Capsicum Annuum): When taken in sufficient quantities, some research has indicated that very high levels of capsaicoinds, the compound that causes the fiery sensation of cayenne, increases the metabolism and promotes fat burning. However, it is unlikely to do much here because all clinical testing has used higher quantities of cayenne. For example, one clinical test carried out in Thailand found that after eating 5g of chilli peppers the metabolism was increased for 30 minutes after ingestion.
- Cinnamon Bark Powder: There has been a lot of clinical testing carried out on ground cinnamon but the only conclusion has to be that results are inconclusive. It may be effective in reducing cholesterol levels but testing was carried out using 6g of cinnamon each day over 40 days so the quantities here are insufficient.
- Cocoa Seed Extract (Theobroma Cacao): This is the principle ingredient of chocolate (away from the milk and the sugar) and can have a stimulant effect if taken in sufficient quantities (probably not the case here). In its natural form, cocoa extract may help lower blood pressure but it can raise blood sugar levels too.
- Ionic Alfalfa™: Isagenix own brand supplement ingredient. There is no information about this supplement and it may contain extra ingredients. Alfalfa is a herb that is often used as a diuretic and may help reduce indigestion. It may act like oestrogen in the body so you should not take it if you suffer from a hormone related health condition. An unusual side effect is that it can increase sun sensitivity.
- D-Ribose: Organic compound and a type of sugar that your body produces naturally. It is believed to improve exercise performance and increase energy. It appears to be effective for treating coronary heart disease because it can improve the function of the heart when dealing with low blood flow. Can cause drug interactions including insulin because it can lower blood sugar.
- Black Pepper (Piper Nigrum): Black Pepper extract has been shown to increase the bioavailability of various compounds.
So What Does All This Mean?
This supplement is not going to set the world alight! It looks pretty mundane to us. There is no evidence that apple cider vinegar has any application for weight loss, the cayenne amounts are insignificant and you could probably get the same effects from the cocoa extract if you treated yourself to some dark chocolate.
There is some evidence that cinnamon may do something but again it lacks real proof and all clinical testing has used much high quantities than seen here. The same could be said for all the ingredients and what the mysterious trademarked Alfalfa contains or is supposed to do, is anyone’s guess, though it may make you visit the bathroom more frequently.
There is nothing contained here that will reduce your appetite and the metabolism boosting claims are unlikely in view of such small ingredient amounts.
Does Isagenix Natural Accelerator Have Any Side Effects?
Customers have not reported side effects and this supplement does look safe. Judging by the ingredients, side effects seem unlikely but may include:
- Heart burn
- Stomach irritation
- Increased sun sensitivity
- Mild stimulant effects, green tea contains caffeine
- Irritation to throat
Avoid if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Do not take if you have or have had a hormonally related medical condition such as breast cancer because alfalfa can act like oestrogen in the body.
Seek the advice of your doctor if you are diabetic or taking prescription medication because of the risk of interactions – this includes Insulin, the contraceptive pill and also blood thinning medication such as Warfarin.
Any Isagenix Natural Accelerator Reviews From Customers?
You can see customer reviews for Isagenix Natural Accelerator on Amazon and it is the usual mixed bag of opinion with some of the Isagenix associates jumping in to pass their opinion.
First off, some customers are satisfied.
This product really does work. You have to drink a lot of water after taking it, but the results are awesome. You will lose weight everywhere. Just stick to the product taking 2 pills per day and drink lots of water and see the results.
There are however a lot of negative reviews along the lines of,
These aren’t worth the price! I really couldn’t tell any difference of taking them and not taking them!
Wouldn’t recommend it doesn’t work.
Don’t bother to buy.
Didn’t lose any weight.
Some customers like other Isagenix products but claim that Isagenix Natural Accelerator is “another stupid add on”.
The people trying to sell Isagenix supplements themselves have been quick to complain about Amazon being used as a sales outlet. Here’s what one Associate said,
Selling Isagenix on Amazon or any other platform is Illegal! You don’t know the age of the product, whether it’s been opened or not and you don’t know the seller. When you buy from an Associate, you get a better price. You know the product has come straight to you and never been opened. You know the product is fresh and hasn’t been sitting in someone’s pantry for months.
We question that selling on Amazon is actually illegal. It may be contrary to how Isagenix wants their network marketers to operate but against the law or a risk to the consumer? We don’t think so.
So Does Isagenix Natural Accelerator Work?
It seems unlikely that this supplement will work very well, if at all. Of course, if you combine it with the other Isagenix weight loss programmes that require you to use meal replacements for a month then you may lose weight but it is unlikely to be caused by using this supplement.
There is a lack of evidence about the ingredients. For example, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), which regulates health claims that manufacturers make about products, has failed to approve any health claims for apple cider vinegar.
All clinical testing on cinnamon, cayenne and cinnamon has been carried out on greater quantities than seen here and even green tea, which we love, seems to be in insufficient quantities. We like the absence of side effects but it is highly likely that you won’t get any effects at all from this supplement and this is a common complaint from many customers.
Where Can I Buy Isagenix Natural Accelerator?
Isagenix Natural Accelerator is sold via network marketing so it is not as easy to buy as just walking into a store or using an online pharmacy.
There are numerous websites however which are operated by Isagenix associates and these are easy to find. The downside is that they want to sell the product kits – such as the 30 Cleansing and Fat Burning System ($272) or the Presidents Pack (30-day plan which costs $559).
In addition, they will encourage you to become an associate yourself and it all seems a bit of a hassle just to buy a fairly ordinary looking supplement.
If you just want to try this supplement, the most straightforward option is probably to buy via Amazon.com and just pay the full price.
60 capsules (30 days supply) costs $24.00 plus shipping to US addresses.
Isagenix Natural Accelerator is much more expensive via Amazon.co.uk. 60 capsules (30 days supply) is on sale for a whopping £54.00 from one seller including delivery to UK addresses.
Nobody appears to have actually bought this supplement and in view of the price, it is hardly surprising.
If you want to try this supplement or one of the weight loss plans and wish to become an associate yourself, you can find numerous associates who will be only too pleased to deal with you.
What About A Guarantee
If you buy via one of the associates you may be able to obtain a refund.
Isagenix Natural Accelerator does not appear to be a very effective weight loss supplement and we just can’t see how it will make you reduce your appetite or increase fat burning.
The advertising on the Isagenix website cannot even get the ingredients list right. Isagenix Natural Accelerator may be just a minor product in this company’s range but there is no excuse for such a basic mistake.
It seems to us, that the focus for Isagenix is on selling the expensive monthly plans and signing people up to become associate members.
Sticking to drinking two meal replacement shakes a day for a month, will help you lose weight but is expensive and will be hard going.
Getting rich with Isagenix may actually work for some but according to Angus Love the Isagenix representative, 84% of associates fail to succeed so if you do, you are in the minority.
After all, if the quality of Isagenix products is reflected by the quality of Isagenix Natural Accelerator, the truth is that none of it is very impressive.
At the end of the day, we must consider the supplement and not the marketing set up and that said it is an easy decision. This supplement is just not good enough to our approved list so we have no other option but to reject Isagenix Natural Accelerator.