Is this celeb diet pill the answer to your weight loss dreams? We take a look and see.
Jillian Michaels Pros
- Reasonably priced
Jillian Michaels Cons
- Inadequate ingredients profile
- Contains high levels of stimulants
- Likely to cause side effects
- No money-back guarantee
Jillian Michaels Maximum Strength Fat Burner Review
- Jillian Michaels is a TV celebrity fitness trainer
- This supplement was the subject of a lawsuit in 2010 and accused of being a toxic cocktail
- Each bottle contains 120 capsules or one month’s supply
Jillian Michaels is a personal fitness trainer who has starred in US TV shows about losing weight and getting fit. She is a familiar name and face to US TV viewers although is fairly unknown outside the USA.
She first came to fame as a trainer in the Biggest Loser and since then has become a leading voice on weight loss and fitness , appearing on numerous TV chat shows. In the USA, she could be viewed as being almost like the Jamie Olivier of health and fitness.
As well as her advice and TV shows, the Jillian Michaels brand is big business. She produces health and fitness DVDs, books and apparel and her online shop has an extensive range of products as well as her Fit Fusion online TV station, which costs $5.99 a month if you want to subscribe.
Her online program is a daily weight-loss and fitness plan with real solutions for people who want to lose weight and keep it off. Surprisingly she does not market her supplements from her website. However, they are available from many retail outlets including Amazon.com.
Jillian Michaels has been the subject of four lawsuits around her weight loss supplements. This one was the subject of lawsuit number three when in 2010 plaintiffs claimed that Maximum Strength Fat Burner was a “toxic cocktail” that could cause serious heart problems or death.
Despite the fact that all four lawsuits were later dropped and the plaintiffs’ assertions around MetaCaps seem extreme, make no mistake – this is a strong diet pill that may cause side effects.
How to Take Jillian Michaels Fat Burner MetaCaps
You are advised to use in conjunction with any sensible diet and exercise program. Take 2 MetaCaps in the morning and 2 MetaCaps with your main meal for a total of 4 MetaCaps a day. Always take with a full glass of water. Individual results will vary.
Jillian Michaels Maximum Strength Fat Burner Meta Caps contain caffeine, citrus fruit extracts including Bitter Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Guarana and kola extract.
It is a fat burner pill that may help you lose weight by increasing your metabolism and by suppressing your appetite and is a fairly typical example of this type of supplement.
Bitter Orange is known for raising the heart rate and blood pressure. We covered Bitter Orange ingredient in a previous investigation and were alarmed by the proven links to heart attacks and strokes.
In fairness, Jill Michael’s Extreme Fat Burner does not look any worse than many others on the market, but with this celebrity approval from a health and fitness trainer it does seem slightly off kilter. Almost like Jamie Oliver advertising a turkey twizzler or meat pie.
Jillian Michaels Maximum Strength Fat Burner Concerns:
- Some customers may be encouraged to buy because of the celebrity name
- Not a healthy way to support weight loss
- The ingredients are mainly stimulant based and will not suit everyone
What Does Jillian Michaels Fat Burner Claim To Do?
According to the description of the diet pills provided by most of the online sellers,
One of the main reasons people go on a diet is to look good. Losing weight is part of the goal, but what you really want to do is lose body fat.
It goes onto explain,
Why? Because a pound of body fat has significantly more volume than a pound of muscle…and therefore it takes up more space, making you look bigger and squishier.
The more body fat you lose, the thinner you look and the better you feel
Jillian Michaels Maximum Strength Fat Burner contains a unique blend of natural compounds designed specifically to help you body lose fat while on your diet program. Not just weight, but actual body fat.
So What Is Jillian Michaels Fat Burner and What Are The Ingredients For Jillian Michaels Fat Burner?
Jill Michaels Meta Caps are fat burning diet pills that are designed to be used to support a healthy eating plan and fitness programme.
The caps contain a range of stimulants in a propriety blend so we cannot provide a full ingredients breakdown. However you take 2 caps per serving and there is 866mg of active ingredient per serving.
- Blood Orange: This orange variety is high in vitamin C and antioxidant pigments called Anthocyanins. Listed as Citrus Sangris on the ingredients list there is no reference to citrus sangris from any clinical or botanical sources. However, blood oranges are delicious and healthy but have no special relevance to fat burning.
- Grapefruit: contains Naringin a flavanoid that gives it the bitter taste. There is some evidence that it may reduce fat levels according to some clinical investigation. Grapefruit can interact with the absorption of drugs so you should avoid it if you are taking medication.
- Guarana Natural South American berry: Contains higher levels of caffeine than coffee beans.
- Sweet Orange (Citrus Sinensis): The same as the fruit that you buy from the supermarket, sweet orange is high in vitamin C. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_(fruit)
- Bitter Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Extract: This stimulant raises the heart rate and increases blood pressure. It is believed to stimulate the breakdown of fat and boost the metabolism but there is a lack of clinical evidence to prove this. There is evidence however, that Citrus Aurantium causes heart problems and it should be avoided if you suffer from any heart related health conditions. Potentially dangerous.
- Coffee: Most stimulant fat burner pills contain high levels of caffeine because it can raise the speed of the metabolism and perk you up. Coffee is the most well known source of caffeine.
- Alpha Linoleic Acid (ALA): May have some medical benefits for reducing the risk of heart disease if taken in supplement form over years. However, there is no evidence that it can reduce cholesterol and it is not relevant to burning fat.
- Kola Extract: Another ingredient containing caffeine. Kola used to be one of the principle ingredients in Coca Cola and made it into the name of the famous drink.
- Cacao (Theobroma Cacao) Extract also known as chocolate!: Cocoa may help lower blood pressure but it can raise blood sugar levels too.
- White Willow (Salix Alba) Bark Extract: The bark is a source of salicylic acid – often used in acne treatment and is an analgesic. Care needs to be taken before taking white willow root because it causes stomach problems especially bleeding. Aspirin is derived from white willow but has been modified to avoid this problem. Quantities not known and are a matter for concern. Source: http://www.thepoisongarden.co.uk/atoz/salix_alba.htm
- Cayenne (Capsicum Annuum): Pepper Commonplace spice found in most kitchens. When taken in sufficient quantities, some research has indicated that high levels of capsaicoinds increases the metabolism and promote fat burning. It may help raise serotonin levels in the brain so may help reduce depression and the risk of giving in to “comfort eating”.
So What Does All This Mean?
This supplement is essentially a caffeine pill with some extra ingredients thrown in and worryingly a couple of them may pose a risk to health. The average mug of instant coffee contains around 100mg of caffeine and the recommended daily limit is 400mg so this supplement is way in excess of this.
Boosting the speed of your metabolism with stimulants is not a great way to lose weight. It is not only bad for health but often the weight loss effect is small because the body can quickly become accustomed to the effects of caffeine and this initial boost wears off.
We are concerned about the Citrus Aurantium and the White Willow, both of which are potentially dangerous and linked to real medical problems.
It is surprising that a health and fitness expert would devise such an unhealthy pill. It will do nothing for your health or your fitness and not much for weight loss either.
Does Jillian Michaels Fat Burner Have Any Side Effects?
Yes, this supplement is likely to cause side effects and many consumers have run into problems. The product information advises that you avoid caffeine products while taking because;
too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness and occasionally, rapid heart beat.
However many people will find the caffeine content of this pill too much even without added caffeine.
Reported side effects include:
- Stomach pains
You may also experience:
- Heart palpitations
- Increased heart rate
- Elevated blood pressure
There is plenty of customer feedback available and many consumers have reported side effects:
I stopped using this product, the side effects was too much to handle. I went without sleep for one whole day and night, felt like I was high. I got more and more sick after a few days.
I say it didn’t work but it did help me lose a bit of weight…mainly because I felt like I was going to get sick just thinking about food
My stomach always hurt when I took them
is a typical comment.
Caution: Avoid if pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you suffer from a heart related medical condition or high blood pressure. Avoid if you are sensitive to stimulants. Also avoid if you are sensitive to drugs such as ibuprofen because White Willow can aggravate the stomach and can cause pain and in rare cases bleeding.
Warning: Do not take if you are on any type of medication because there may be interactions. Grapefruit is well known for interacting with medication for example. Avoid if you suffer from depression. See your doctor before you try this supplement for further advice regarding effects and safety.
Any Jillian Michaels Fat Burner Reviews From Customers?
Yes, and it is a mixed bag of opinion with both positive and negative responses.
Some customers have been happy with the effects and love the idea of taking a Jill Michaels product.
I love this fat burner so far I don’t have any side effects. I hope it works, I love Jillian
This Product Work! Jillian is the BEST! You have changed the diet world forever and it’s good to find a product that actually does what it claims.
Not everyone is as starry eyed.
I was hoping this would give me the boost I needed with energy and losing weight. I do notice on days I don’t take it that I am very tired so I know it’s helping me out somewhat. I have dropped down from taking 2 doses to only 1 dose a day because it started making me dizzy and light headed.
No improvement in energy, no decrease in appetite, no weight loss. Just because it bears Jillian’s name does not mean it is a quality product. Disappointed.
So Does Jillian Michaels Fat Burner Work?
We don’t think this supplement works very well for weight loss and the side effects can be unpleasant for some people. With no full ingredients profile it is impossible to gauge how strong the individual ingredients are.
Even some committed Jill Michaels fans have been disappointed by this supplement. It may cause some short lived weight loss but as one reviewer said;
Pumping you full of caffeine then making you too sick to eat can’t be healthy
Where Can I Buy Jillian Michaels Fat Burner?
Not from her website, but it is available from various retail outlets including Amazon.com as well as online supplement retailers such as Walgreens.
If you buy via Amazon.com, one bottle of 120 capsules (1 months supply) costs $15.99 plus standard postage to US addresses with free postage offered on orders over $35.00.
The same product is available from Walgreens for $22. 49 (free shipping on orders over $25.00.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee is offered.
We think this is a pretty unhealthy product. It is mainly caffeine with some added ingredients and the bitter orange content is a matter for concern. It lacks an ingredients breakdown so we don’t know exactly what is in it.
How a celebrity known for health and fitness can promote such an unhealthy way of losing weight is beyond us. We feel that some people will trust her and buy this supplement just because of her personal appeal and not because this supplement will suit them.
As one customer said,
Just because it bears Jillian’s name does not mean it is a quality product
We could not put it better ourselves. We reject Jill Michaels Maximum Strength Fat Burner Meta Caps.