We look into this supplement to find out more.
Kaloss Trimmers Pros
- Contains vitamin E and magnesium
- Very reasonably priced
Kaloss Trimmers Cons
- Incomplete ingredients profile
- Probably contains caffeine or other stimulants
- No money back guarantee
Kaloss Trimmers Review
Kaloss Trimmers Facts
- Kaloss International is based in Scotland
- Product comes in containers of 150 or 180 capsules
- Contains a blend of vitamins and minerals plus plant extracts
Kaloss Trimmers are a British made product manufactured in Edinburgh Scotland. The company sell a range of weight loss products and according to the advertising Kaloss Trimmers are “award winning slimming pills”. This sounds good but we are a bit sceptical because we cannot find any record of this award or the exact year of this achievement.
Kaloss Trimmers is a diet supplement that is designed to boost the metabolism and the fat burning process. It contains a selection of natural plant extracts including Ginseng and Ginger root plus the four key ingredients Chromium, Magnesium, Vitamin E and Zinc.
According to the product information, Kaloss Trimmers will promote weight loss by increasing the rate of the metabolism to burn fat. In addition, the advertising claims that the vital vitamins and minerals contained in the supplement will help improve the condition of the skin, hair and nails and so will make you look younger as well.
The product description does not go into too many details about how this supplement works but it all looks fairly convincing at first glance.
The aim is that these capsules will boost your general health and wellbeing as well as help you lose weight so can be seen as a vitamin supplement with added weight loss benefits.
Kaloss Trimmers are marketed by Kaloss International, a division of Crystals Ltd a well-established company who specialise in a wide range of leisure products. It is unclear whether they are also involved in the manufacturing process of Kaloss Trimmers.
Kaloss International market Kaloss Trimmers, dietary supplements, UV and sunless tanning creams, lotions and sprays.
Kaloss International also market Carb Blocker Phase 2 Xtra, which is compatible for use with the Kaloss Trimmers and effective if you struggle with snacking.
According to the information,
This carb blocker will prevent up to 66% dietary carbs that you eat from being absorbed by the body as fat.
Carb Blocker contains white kidney bean extract, which is high in fibre.
How to Take Kaloss Trimmers
To use Kaloss Trimmers take 2 capsules per day. Take the first one around 10am and the second no later that 3pm. You should take both with a glass of water and ensure that you drink plenty of water throughout the day.
According to the product information;
“Drinking plenty of water is highly recommended to help avoid dehydration which can lead to greater consuming of food which counteracts some of the effects of this product.”
However, for such a reputable company, we are not very impressed with the Kaloss Trimmers product information. There is no full ingredients list and no clue to the amount of ingredients contained in each capsule. In addition, the company do not provide any links to clinical evidence or provide any useful information such as warnings of side effects.
Essentially the Kaloss Trimmers product information just names some of the supplement’s ingredients and mentions buzz words such as “metabolism boost” and “burn fat” without any other explanation.
Kaloss Trimmers Concerns:
- Lack of adequate ingredients information – taking high levels of chromium and zinc can be dangerous
- No proof whatsoever regarding the claims of “award winning” or FDA approval
- Damiana is potentially dangerous and known for causing side effects in legal high products
What Does Kaloss Trimmers Claim To Do?
Kaloss Trimmers claim to be “FDA approved” but provides no further details about this point, which we find surprising.
To receive FDA approval a drug needs to be proven safe and will have undergone lengthy testing and although this may be the case with Kaloss Trimmers, we would have preferred to see some evidence.
We are surprised with this FDA endorsement because Kaloss International are based in the UK and not the USA. In addition, the supplement does not even appear to be on sale in the USA.
According to our research, the fat binder diet pill Alli is the only OTC weight loss aid, which has been approved by the FDA.
The product information also states;
For a simple set of ingredients contained with Kaloss Trimmers, we were honestly surprised at how effective these fat burning supplements were in losing weight.
We are struggling with this statement. Can we really believe the claims of a company that on one hand states that this supplement has been endorsed by the US Food and Drug Administration and on the other hand is amazed that it works?
It all seems a bit unlikely to us.
So What Is Kaloss Trimmers and What Are The Ingredients For Kaloss Trimmers?
Kaloss Trimmers seems to be marketed as a fat burner and health supplement combined but there is no real evidence that this is true.
The product advertising claims this supplement contains a “simple set of ingredients”, which sounds great, unfortunately they do not pass this information on to the customer.
There is no complete ingredients list and no amount quantities either. You do not know the real contents of each capsule.
However we can provide a general overview of the ingredients that are advertised.
- Chromium: Research has indicated that chromium may prevent carb cravings and could play a role in the management of diabetes but this requires further clinical investigation.
Medical advice is that taking chromium supplements is unnecessary. We only need trace amounts of chromium and the advice is that 30mcg per day is adequate for health and present in a healthy diet. Source: http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Chromium-HealthProfessional/
- Magnesium: Essential mineral that is important for over 300 chemical reactions in the body. We all have magnesium in our bodies but supplementation is sometimes necessary.
Magnesium can usually be derived from a healthy diet – it is present in fibre and green vegetables. There is evidence that magnesium can be effective for treating high cholesterol. Source: Web MD Magnesium article
- Vitamin E: This vital vitamin and antioxidant is important in helping maintain cell structure by protecting cell membranes. Recent research has suggested that a daily dose of vitamin E may reduce the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s and Vitamin E supplements are taken for a variety of conditions including high blood pressure, PMS, nerve damage and more. Source: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vitamins-minerals/Pages/Vitamin-E.aspx
- Zinc: Essential trace mineral present in the body and easily obtainable via a healthy balanced diet. A trace mineral means simply that our bodies require only trace amounts of this substance. Zinc helps the immune system against the common cold and is effective for a range of health conditions. However, high doses of zinc (over 40mg per day) are dangerous and can lead to side effects and medical complications.
- Damien Herbs (Damiana): Plant extract from a native Mexican shrub. It is supposed to work as an aphrodisiac and is also a common ingredient in the legal high alternatives to cannabis.
When inhaled it give a short term high but has caused numerous adverse side effects in many users. No benefit for weight loss or health.
- Ginger Root: This familiar spice in Asian cooking is often taken to treat stomach upsets. It is safe but can interfere with warfarin – blood-thinning medication used to treat high blood pressure
- Ginseng Root: Medicinal root with numerous potential benefits to health and a high number of side effects including high blood pressure or low blood pressure. Common ingredient in herbal teas or tisanes but extremely unpredictable effects.
- Gotu Kola (Centella): Indian vegetable often used as an ingredient in a soft drink. Although touted for its health benefits there is no evidence it has any particular effect upon illness or weight loss.
- Lecithin: Is found in all living cells and takes its name from the Greek word for egg yolk (Lekithos). There is no scientific evidence that Lecithin supplementation does work for weight loss and it may even help increase weight due to its fat content. Lecithin is found in a normal diet and estimated intake should be around 50mg per day
So What Does All This Mean?
Although there may be some health benefits to taking a vitamin and mineral supplement, the herbal ingredients are a matter for concern and have no benefits for either health or weight loss.
In addition, lack of ingredient quantities makes it impossible for the customer to know exactly what he or she is taking or whether the amounts will benefit health or cause side effects.
We cannot see how Kaloss Trimmers will help you lose weight or make you look younger.
Does Kaloss Trimmers Have Any Side Effects?
A lack of customer feedback for Kaloss Trimmers means that we cannot bring you any true-life experiences of what this supplement is really like to take.
The product information states that you should not take Kaloss Trimmers later than 3pm so it seems likely that this supplement contains added stimulants and high levels of caffeine, which are not mentioned in the advertising.
There may be side effects – Damiana is known for causing headaches, nausea and vomiting and Ginseng can raise blood pressure. Overdosing on trace minerals is potentially dangerous.
Caution: Avoid if pregnant or breast feeding. Do not take if you are sensitive to stimulants or suffer from any heart related medical condition or high blood pressure.
Avoid if you are taking medication because of the risk of interactions.
Do not take Kaloss Trimmers if you are taking Warfarin or antibiotics.
Any Kaloss Trimmers Reviews From Customers?
Despite the fact that this supplement has been on the market for years and is sold by a so-called international company, we could only find one independent review for Kaloss Trimmers.
This customer reported;
I remember using this product about 10 years ago and having fantastic results!!
However after this promising opening remark she went on to say;
I felt nothing, nada, no burst of energy no get up and go. So in short, people who have taken REAL trimmers before will end up so disappointed with this product
So Does Kaloss Trimmers Work?
We don’t think that Kaloss Trimmers will work in the way as advertised.
The ingredients just do not add up to causing weight loss and although chromium may be effective at reducing appetite and carb cravings and Magnesium may help reduce cholesterol none of this is proven. There are some health issues around taking chromium supplements too so without the full ingredients profile you should probably avoid this supplement.
If you wanted to try a vitamin and mineral supplement, buying a multi vitamin pill would probably give the same results at much less cost. In addition, you would know exactly how much you were taking.
Where Can I Buy Kaloss Trimmers?
You can buy Kaloss Trimmers direct from the product website.
One container of 180 capsules (3 months supply) costs only £19.95. If you live in the UK, all packages are sent via First class recorded post for £4.45.
If you live elsewhere, in the world you can buy Kaloss Trimmers direct from the product website but international shipping is expensive. Shipping to the USA is via DHL and expensive at £38.95. Shipping to Europe costs £36.95.
Kaloss Trimmers is also available via Amazon.co.uk for £19.50 per 180 capsules plus £5.00 delivery charges.
If you live in the USA, you can buy Kaloss Trimmers via Amazon.com. The container size is slightly smaller (150 capsules) and costs $65.00 plus $18.95 shipping costs.
What About A Guarantee
No guarantee on offer.
We are not very impressed with Kaloss Trimmers. Some of the advertised ingredients are not effective for causing weight loss and will not help you lose weight by fat burning as the information claims.
In addition, there is nothing to prove that Kaloss is an “award winning” supplement and there is no evidence that this really is an “FDA Approved” supplement (which we very much doubt) either.
If Kaloss Trimmers have really done all this, they should make this information available to their customers.
We like the look of some of the vitamins and minerals but without clear product information and a clear ingredients profile, you really have no idea of what you are taking. For this reason, we have no other choice but to reject Kaloss Trimmers.