We take a look to see if this diet pill is safe and effective.
Kinetica Thermo 5 Pros
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Ingredient quantities listed
Kinetica Thermo 5 Cons
- Very few customer reviews
- Contains stimulants
- Possible side effects
Kinetica Thermo 5 Review
Kinetica Thermo 5 Facts
- Manufactured by Kinetica Sports
- 120 tablets per bottle- 30 day supply
- Available in UK and Europe
According to the official website, Kinetica Thermo 5 contains various ingredient complexes, each with its own specific purpose. There are 5 different complexes, which is where Kinetica Thermo 5 has taken its name from; a thermogenic complex, a metabolism stimulator complex, Hormone support matrix, enzyme support system, and an anti-oxidant support system.
Kinetica Thermo 5 is manufactured by Kinetica Sports, a British company which specialise in sports nutrition and related supplements. Kinetica Sports was founded in 2009, and prides itself for manufacturing products that are lab tested, safe and ‘can be completely trusted’.
The company can be contacted by phoning them between the hours of 9am to 5pm GMT, Monday to Friday on 0844 5444868 9am to 5pm GMT, Monday to Friday on 0844 5444868. Their head office is based in Hammersmith, but there are other offices and returns addresses listed on the site.
Kinetica Thermo 5 Concerns:
- Not suitable for many consumers
- Range of possible side effects
- Several sources of stimulant ingredients
What Does Kinetica Thermo 5 Claim To Do?
Kinectica Thermo 5 is described as having the following properties:
- Energy and weight management supplement
- 5 Stage weight loss system
- Raises metabolism and burns excess fat
- Increases energy levels and suppresses appetite
- L Carnitine (250mg): Supplementation of this ingredient has been found to improve fat oxidation.
- Green Tea (62.5mg): Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a very low calorie diet.
- Cayenne (40mg): Capsaicin is found in Cayenne pepper and is thought by some to play a role in weight loss. Some studies suggest it could suppress the appetite mildly, whilst others suggest that the heat causes a thermogenic reaction in the body, burning more calories for a period of time. However, there are also studies that show cayenne has little or no effect upon weight loss attempts.
- Guarana (25mg): A berry that is naturally high in caffeine, it is often an ingredient in energy drinks and diet pills. Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (40mg): One Japanese study has suggested that consumption of apple cider vinegar daily may lead to a very small amount of weight loss, compared to consuming water. However, over the three month study, those who took the apple cider vinegar only lost 1-2 pounds more than their water drinking counterparts.
- Bitter Orange Peel Powder (100mg): Also known as citrus aurantium, this ingredient contains synephrine. A review of numerous studies concluded that use of synephrine resulted in an increase to the participants resting metabolic rate and energy expenditure, and moderate weight loss was seen in studies lasting over 6 weeks. However, there are some concerns about its safety being under-researched and the numerous side effects that have been associated with it.
- Acetyl L-Tyrosine (375mg): An amino acid that is a building block of protein, this ingredient is found naturally in many foods including meat and dairy products. Some people use it as an appetite suppressant, but there is little evidence that it is effective for this use. Large doses of tyrosine may be useful for increasing alertness, especially in people who are sleep deprived.
- Yerba Mate (5% Caffeine) (40mg): A plant that is typically brewed as a tea, yerba mate is a natural source of caffeine, and has been the subject of several studies on weight loss. In a 2001 study of 47 healthy overweight adults, researchers found that taking an herbal preparation of yerba mate, guarana, and damiana three times daily for 45 days induced weight loss. It is not clear whether the individual ingredients from this preparation have the same weight loss potential on their own, or how much of each ingredient is required to replicate the results of the study. See our article on Yerba mate for more information.
- Cocoa Bean (62.5mg): Typically used to make chocolate because of its cacao content. Whilst extracts of this ingredient may boost the metabolism, it appears to be less potent than caffeine, and is unlikely to aid significant weight loss. Studies in rats suggest it can lower cholesterol levels.
- Alpha Linolenic Acid (25mg): This ingredient is an essential Omega-3 fatty acid, and may be useful in lowering the risk of heart disease and heart attacks. However, this is for dietary sources only, and little research has been conducted into the benefits of supplementing the ingredient.
- L-Phenylalanine (125mg): This amino acid is used for treating depression, amongst other things. However, the research suggests that this will effectively treat depression is outdated, with calls for more testing using updated research methods.
- Cinnamon Powder (40mg): Several studies have found a link between cinnamon and the regulation of blood glucose levels, and it may play a small role in improving insulin sensitivity. In terms of its effects upon weight, this area has been under researched.
- Chromium (500% RDA) (200ug): This is used primarily to lower fasting blood sugar levels and to lower insulin levels in people who have type 2 diabetes. In terms of its potential effect upon weight loss, it is possible that taking chromium picolinate by mouth for 2 to 3 months might produce a small weight loss of about 1.1 kg. Obviously this is an incredibly small amount of weight loss, but studies are still inconclusive.
- Vitamin B6 (1800% RDA) (25.2mg)
- Vitamin B5 (208% RDA) (12.5mg)
- Vitamin B3 (16% RDA) (2.5mg)
- Vitamin B12 (20,000% RDA) (0.5mg)
- Biotin (400% RDA) (0.2mg)
- Fennel Seed Powder (40mg): Fennel may work as a laxative by relaxing the colon.
- Ginger Ground Powder (40mg): Some studies suggest that ginger root is an appetite suppressant. One study used dried ginger powder to make a tea that participants drank with breakfast. Researchers found that satiety levels were much higher when the tea was consumed with breakfast, rather than just the breakfast on its own.
- Black Pepper Extract (1.2mg): Black pepper extract is used for increasing the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. In other words, it increases the amounts of nutrients that are absorbed into the body in the digestive tract. It may also increase the absorption of various drugs, which may lead to potential side effects.
- Folic Acid (20% RDA) (40ug)
According to the official website, Kinetic Thermo 5 is,
specially engineered by leading sports specialists and manufactured from high quality ingredients.
So What Is Kinetica Thermo 5 and What Are The Ingredients For Kinetica Thermo 5?
The following ingredient quantities are per serving of 4 tablets. Either 4 tablets can be taken before exercise, or 2 should be taken before breakfast, and another 2 before lunch. Consumers should not take more than 4 capsules per day.
Thermogenic Complex 517.5mg:
Metabolism Stimulator 502.5mg
Hormone Matrix 290mg
Enzyme Complex Support 40.9mg
Anti-Oxidant Support 81.3mg
So What Does All This Mean?
Kinetica Thermo 5 contains a huge range of ingredients, with a variety of different purposes. Because of the huge number of ingredients, consumers need to take 4 tablets a day to get a sufficient quantity of each active ingredient.
Numerous ingredients in Kinetica Thermo 5 are clinically proven to increase the metabolism and boost weight loss. Some of the categories that the ingredients are grouped to may be slightly inaccurate descriptions of how the products work, but it does not change the fact that bitter orange, yerba mate, green tea and caffeine are all clinically proven to boost weight loss. Numerous other ingredients have some support, although the research has been less extensive; these include Apple Cider Vinegar, Cayenne, and Ginger.
There is also a variety of B vitamins in this diet pill, with some being provided in huge quantities. Whilst a deficiency in B vitamins could hinder weight loss attempts, excessive consumption is unlikely to boost weight loss significantly, and could lead to some side effects.
Does Kinetica Thermo 5 Have Any Side Effects?
There are numerous ingredients in Kinetica Thermo 5 that could cause side effects. There are numerous sources of caffeine in this diet pill, such as yerba mate, guarana and green tea; caffeine can cause headaches, increased urination, dehydration, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, jitteriness, dizziness and insomnia.
Caffeine also increases the potency and effects of Bitter Orange, another ingredient in this diet pill. Bitter orange causes a wide range of side effects, some of which can be dangerous to the user’s health. The Mayo Clinic has recommended avoiding use of Bitter Orange extracts because in their opinion, the risk of using the product is not worth the pay-off of some weight loss that could be achieved using other means. Possible side effects from the use of Bitter Orange extracts include increased heart rate and increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, fainting, and even heart attack and stroke in healthy patients.
Black pepper increases the absorption of ingredients into the blood stream, which can increase the potency of the diet pill, as well as increasing the chances of side effects from the other ingredients in Kinetica Thermo 5. It can also increase the absorption of other medications, and so anyone taking prescription medications should consult their doctor before using this product.
Fennel seed is a laxative, and so could cause diarrhoea and dehydration, depending upon the individual consumer. Customers should drink plenty of water whilst using this product.
Cayenne can cause various symptoms which can include stomach irritation and upset, sweating, flushing, and runny nose. Chromium can cause low blood sugar levels, which can lead to feeling light headed, dizzy and even fainting. This is more likely if the consumer has not eaten for a prolonged period of time.
Not for use by persons under the age of 18.
Do not use if you are pregnant or lactating.
Do not consume this product if you suffer from high blood pressure. Do not consume more than 4 capsules at a time.
Do not consume more than the recommended dose.
This product is not suitable for those who are sensitive to stimulant ingredients, those taking prescription medication, or those with diabetes.
Consult your doctor if in doubt about the suitability of this product, before use
Any Kinetica Thermo 5 Reviews From Customers?
There is a single customer review that has been left on the official website. It is quite vague, but overall is positive:
I must admit I was sceptical about using this kind of product, but tried them after a friend mentioned the product. I found they worked great for me and they made a noticeable difference.
There is another single review on amazon:
Excellent array of ingredients – caffeine free – I daresay better than the composition of maxinutritions thermobols. These wont do the work for, but they will increase whatever efforts you’re making.
The only reason I haven’t rated them higher is the fact I damn near choke on them everytime I swallow one. And thats after i’ve bit it in half.
Good product let down by a basic design flaw.
This customer is wrong when they state that the product is caffeine free- there are 3 ingredients that contain some caffeine naturally; yerba mate, green tea and guarana. This shows the importance of reading the ingredients list properly and ensuring research is done into any ingredient that the customer is not familiar with.
So Does Kinetica Thermo 5 Work?
With only two customer reviews it is difficult to get an accurate picture of how effective this diet pill is. However, based upon the ingredients profile, it seems that customers should notice an increase in the rate of their weight loss, if they are already dieting and exercising. The need to take up to 4 capsules per day suggests that this could be a strong diet pill, but that it could be inconvenient to use.
Where Can I Buy Kinetica Thermo 5?
Kinetica Thermo 5 is available from a number of different online retailers, including the manufacturer’s website. Here a bottle of 120 capsules is available for £34.99. For those in Ireland or in mainland Europe, the price is €39.99.
As usual, we recommend that customers shop around for the best deal, as the manufacturers do not always offer the lowest prices. Bodyactive-nation.co.uk have priced a single bottle of Kinetica Thermo 5 at £25.99, plus delivery. Performancefoods offer the same sized bottle of 120 capsules for £26.99, with free shipping. Amazon.co.uk have Kinetica Thermo 5 on sale for £18.70 per bottle, with free delivery in the UK.
What About A Guarantee
Kinetica Sports, the manufacturers of Thermo 5, offer a “no quibble 30 day money back guarantee”.
Overall, the company that sells Kinetica Thermo 5 appears to be reputable, with clear contact information and a good money back guarantee. The product also seems to be effective, with a few clinically proven ingredients, supported by a longer list of other ingredients that may be effective at boosting weight loss.
The huge array of ingredients mean that weight loss is addressed in numerous ways, including fat burning, metabolism boosting and appetite suppression. However, whilst the product has its strengths, it does use the ingredient Bitter Orange extract.
Whilst this ingredient is legal internationally, the potential side effects and recommendations from respected medical bodies that its use should be avoided make it a weak point of this diet pill. Whilst individual customers will have to assess their own willingness to take a product associated with serious side effects, we cannot recommend any product that contains Bitter Orange Extract.
We reject Kinetica Thermo 5.