Manufactured by LA Muscle – a company that specialises in bodybuilding and sports products mainly aimed at men, we take a look at Slinky to find out whether it is safe and if it works.
LA Muscle Slinky Pros
- Established reputable company
- Positive customer reviews
- Ingredients may help promote some weight loss
LA Muscle Slinky Cons
- Doesn’t look as good as other LA Muscle products
- Advertised as used by celebrities but no proof or celebrity endorsements
- Long term effects on health unknown. May affect mood
LA Muscle Slinky Review
LA Muscle Slinky Facts
- Made in the UK by LA Muscle
- One month’s supply of 60 pills cost £24.99
- Company use a reward points programme for discounts
LA Muscle is an established UK company that specialise in body building products. Slinky is specifically aimed at women and said to contain an exclusive formula that is apparently designed for women and is advertised as being two amazing slimming pills in one. Body building products are well known for containing pharmaceutical ingredients rather than natural products and this diet pill is no exception.
Slinky is a “nutritional supplement” that contains seven key ingredients, some of which have been have been clinically tested. Some clinical proof is included on the website and although there is really nothing to set the world alight, it looks reasonable enough. However there is nothing here that is particularly special to women (apart from the pink bottle) so it probably just an attempt to get away from the rather masculine image of the body building world.
To take Slinky you just take one or two diet pills before meals. There is no caffeine content so you should be safe to take before your evening meal.
Marketed by LA Muscle, this diet supplement is just one of many in their vast range of products. This company are well established and sell a range of products to the body builder and fitness market.
Other products designed for women include:
- Couture Curves – a fat burner diet pill
- Slim Gum – a weight loss chewing gum
- Slim Whey – a diet drink in a pink bottle
- Slim Bar – a high protein snack
LA Muscle, established in 1997 describes itself as an “ethical Sports nutrition” company. Despite the US name and image, this British company is based in the UK and sell all over the world with a presence in over 100 countries.
The company offer a 100% money back guarantee and a loyalty card which provides discounts on LA Muscle products as well as discounts on gym memberships and similar. The company are also behind the Active Channel a satellite TV station on Sky channel 281. There is no connection between LA Muscle and leading sportswear company LA Gear.
LA Muscle is based in North London and has a shop, which you can visit although the majority of their business is carried out online.
LA Muscle Slinky Concerns:
- Ingredients not clinically proven for weight loss
- Long term effects of some ingredients not known
- May have mood altering effects
What Does LA Muscle Slinky Claim To Do?
“Two Amazing Slimming Pills in one” this diet pill is said to work as a fat burner combined with a fat blocker. The idea is that you can take the pills when you eat a meal containing fat “and still get away with eating it” without adding to your weight. “No fat will get absorbed. Beautiful”.
According to the advertising, Slinky has some great benefits. As well as preventing fats from being absorbed, it will decrease appetite as well as containing three “fat Metabolisers” which will get to work on “hard to shift fat areas”.
It is said to be:
ideal for women who have too much on and may not necessarily be able to eat right all the time
An annoying feature of the Slinky site is that although the advertising claims that this diet supplement is used by celebrities no names are mentioned. Slinky doesn’t appear to be endorsed by anyone in the public eye.
So What Is LA Muscle Slinky and What Are The Ingredients For LA Muscle Slinky?
Slinky is a weight loss pill that is aimed at women. The ingredients are designed to provide various effects including a reduction of appetite and fat mass. Despite extensive clinical testing, results are mainly inconclusive. Many of the ingredients have not been fully evaluated medically for weight loss and although Slinky may help you lose some weight, unless you change your lifestyle and diet results will probably be minimal:
- Choline Bitartate (150 mg) – Choline is essential for health and present in many foodstuffs including eggs, fish, meat green veg and more. When used as a supplement it is added to a salt, which is the bitartate part of the ingredient. Choline as a supplement is claimed to improve athletic and mental performance, reduce cholesterol, lower blood pressure, protect the liver and more and it is an ingredient beloved by bodybuilders and athletes. Choline is an essential nutrient and although most people take enough Choline daily as part of their normal diet, deficiency can cause a range of physical and mental problems. It is being tested for many applications including as treatment for Alzheimer’s and bi polar disorder but research has been inconclusive. In some tests animals fed on a diet which did not contain Choline, experienced great fat oxidation (fat burning). Other clinical tests have suggested the complete opposite. Used here as a fat burner.
- Inositol (150 mg) – Chemical compound which is a carbohydrate and believed to have many health benefits including the lowering of cholesterol. It has been clinically tested for its effect upon a wide range of physical and mental conditions from everything from cancer to anxiety attacks. Research is still ongoing. Used here in the context of fat burning.
- Betan (150 mg) – May promote increased blood flow.
- Methionine (150mg) – Amino Acid found in dietary protein that plays an important role in the formation of cells. It is used to prevent liver damage in Tylenol poisoning and is also used in the treatment of depression. Methionine can be dangerous for health and has caused oxidative DNA damage to rats when taken in large quantities. Believed to help fat burning but no conclusive proof.
- L Carnitine (10 mg) – An antioxidant that is not a vitamin as such but comes under the vitamin B category. There is no scientific proof that it promotes weight loss but studies suggest that it may reduce fat mass, increase muscle and prevent against fatigue. Often used in body building supplements and seems safe.
- Chromium Piccolinate (6.2 mg) – At high levels, chromium supplementation can be dangerous and the UK has come close to banning chromium supplements due to a possible link with cancer. Research has indicated that chromium piccolinate may prevent carb cravings. Although chromium picolate is often marketed for muscle growth and weight loss there is no proof that this works and further research is necessary.
- Chitosan (100 mg) – Substance found naturally in shells of crustaceans with many agricultural and industrial applications. Believed to limit fat absorption and reduce bodyweight although this has not been proven. According to research by the University of Exeter, Chitosan does not help promote weight loss but is safe for consumption.
So What Does All This Mean?
Slinky is a diet pill that may help you lose weight but this is no way guaranteed. There is some clinical proof that some of these ingredients work but results remain completely inconclusive and there is little here that will suppress your appetite, a key feature of the advertising. In addition there is little here that will “block fat” either and although results are promising on some of the ingredients, it is all too open to interpretation.
Ingredients used in weight loss undergo many independent clinical tests carried out in widely varying conditions. Although LA Muscle cites clinical testing as proof their product works, you can find other clinical tests that prove the exact opposite. It is a minefield of information and we feel that LA Muscle have chosen favourable reviews over anything negative. That is understandable, but don’t be fooled by the research listed on their advertising, or in fact any companies supplement.
Does LA Muscle Slinky Have Any Side Effects?
There are no reported side effects to Slinky and there is no caffeine content so you will not get the usual caffeine side effects of many diet pills. Although chromium picolate may be of concern due to a possible link to cancer, the low levels in this supplement should be safe.
Caution: Avoid if you have an allergy to seafood because of the Chitosan content. You should also avoid if you are taking blood-thinning agents such as Warfarin.
Seek medical advice if you are taking medication or have an underlying health condition.
Any LA Muscle Slinky Reviews From Customers?
There are over 210 reviews for Slinky on the LA Muscle website at the time of writing this review and customers have rated it 4.7 out of 5. Most comments appear to be favourable.
LA Muscle also sells on Amazon.co.uk but as yet Slinky has not been added to their product list. Most customers rate LA Muscle products highly, which is a point in the company’s favour.
So Does LA Muscle Slinky Work?
It might do something. Many of the ingredients have an effect upon mood so it may put you into the mind set for weight loss. Although the advertised benefits may not be as good as LA Muscle say, you may find that this diet pill is a good support to weight loss.
Most of the feedback comes from women who are concerned with their health and body shape and are already visiting the gym and training.
Where Can I Buy LA Muscle Slinky?
You can buy Slinky online from the LA Muscle website or direct from their shop in North London. Buying direct from the site makes you eligible for the company’s reward points system that offers discounts on future purchases and in some cases gym membership.
It may become available on Amazon too but is currently missing from the product range sold on the website.
A tub of 60 pills costs £24.99 and you can save £10 by buying three months supply for £65.00.
What About A Guarantee
LA Muscle offers a very good guarantee. All LA Muscle products come with a full money back guarantee and according to the company, you can return your product, opened or unopened, within 30 days from the date of your receipt for a full refund. If you buy a bulk order, only one tub can be opened in order to qualify for the money back guarantee.
There appear to be no customer complaints regarding the guarantee.
Slinky is better than many diet pills on the market. The company are established and professional and we find ourselves believing their guarantee and trading policy. This supplement will appeal to some although it seems unlikely it will work as brilliantly as the advertising suggests. You may “feel” something and many customers appear to be reasonable satisfied with results.
The problem is that this mix of ingredients is not proven for weight loss and although many may have medical benefits, testing has remained inconclusive for weight loss and their long-term effects on health. Many of the ingredients used are being researched for the effects upon the brain and mood which we feel is a real matter of concern.
LA Muscle is a good solid, reputable company but this supplement is let down by its ingredients means we have to reject LA Muscle Slinky.