So, is Lichi Superfruit a scam product or have some customers just been unlucky? We find out.
Lichi Super Fruit Pros
- Contains natural ingredients
- No dangerous side effects
- Includes free 30 day weight loss plan
Lichi Super Fruit Cons
- Insufficient ingredients profile
- Probably will not help weight loss
- Dodgy sales policy which has tricked people into paying for what they don’t want
Lichi Super Fruit Review
Lichi Super Fruit Facts
- Produced by Bainbridge and Knight based in New York
- Each bottle of Lichi Superfruit supplement contain 90 capsules
- Lichi Superfruit supplement is part of a range of Lichi products
Lichi Superfruit products are manufactured by Bainbridge & Knight LLC a New York based company. There are five products including Lichi Dietary supplement in the range and they are all based on the Lychee fruit, some in combination with other natural ingredients like green tea. Lichi Superfruit looks like a healthy product but the weight loss effects of the Lychee fruit seem questionable and the company’s business policy seems dodgy.
There is always lot in the news about superfruits and superfoods and it seems that a week cannot go by without a fruit or vegetable getting the superstar treatment and being hailed as the next best thing for health and weight loss.
Lychee a Chinese fruit has been given the superstar treatment by Bainbridge and Knight in their new supplement range Lichi Superfruit and they have created a whole product range around this fruit.
Lichi Dietary supplement contains a blend of ingredients. The principle ingredient is actually green tea but the supplement also contains raspberry ketone, caffeine and some other ingredients as well as Lychee, which is a bit misleading.
To use you take one capsule three times a day with meals and combine with a healthy diet and exercise plan.
The other products in the range include Lichi Probiotic, which contains Bacillus Coagulans, Lichi 6 Day cleanse a Detox product and Lichi Meal Replacement a protein rich supplement you can drink in place of a meal. You can download a free healthy eating plan called the Lichi 30 day Challenge.
The Lychee is a delicious native Chinese fruit and will be familiar to anyone who enjoys Chinese cuisine. It has modest levels of antioxidants (phenols) and the fruit in natural state contains 72mg of vitamin C per 100g of fruit. It is estimated you would have to eat 9 fruits to obtain your recommended daily vitamin C content.
Although the Lychee is tasty and natural we cannot see how it will help you lose weight.
More worryingly, there have been concerns about the business practice carried out by Bainbridge and Knight and there are a lot of customer complaints. According to customers, the company have been offering a “free trial” at a cost of $4.95 but charging customers in excess of $100 by not enabling them to return product. The company also appear to operate an auto ship billing programme and according to feedback are very unresponsive to complaints and attempts to cancel the payments.
Lichi Super Fruit Concerns:
- Many customers tricked into signing up for a free sample scam
- High number of customer complaints regarding payment and unwanted products being sent to their homes
- No money-back guarantee
What Does Lichi Super Fruit Claim To Do?
According to the advertising, Lichi has extra ordinary power and is healthy and effective. Further statements include:
Lichi Super Fruit is an exciting new line of comprehensive weight management dietary supplements, featuring the amazingly powerful, antioxidant rich super fruit, Lychee
The problem with the advertising is that it does not explain how this actually works or what the supplement is supposed to do, apart from being a “natural choice to get you fit and healthy”
There is a customer testimonial on the website that claims that Jourdan has lost 40lbs losing Litchi Superfruit. She says Lichi Superfruit is not just a weight loss pill it is a health supplement. She looks good and has lost a lot of weight but how can we be sure she lost it all thanks to Lichi Superfruit?
Previous advertising has claimed that Lichi Superfruit offered a free trial tool but that turned out to be very expensive and not free at all.
So What Is Lichi Super Fruit and What Are The Ingredients For Lichi Super Fruit?
Lichi Superfruit is a diet supplement that is supposed to help you lose weight and help your health. It is supposed to increase your metabolism and help you burn off calories and it contains natural ingredients in a proprietary blend.
There is a 1375mg of blend of ingredients contained in each serving size. A serving is calculated as three capsules or the daily intake but the individual ingredients are not specified.
- Lichi (Lychee): Amount not specified. As well as the obvious issue of not providing the ingredients amount, the big problem with Lichi is that it probably will not do much to promote weight loss. There have been no clinical studies that look at whether Lichi (or Lychee) supplements curb appetite or reduce body weight. There just isn’t any proof that it works. http://www.thefreelibrary.com/What’s+to+lose%3f-a0288872375.
A Lychee polyphenol is being clinically tested for its effect upon treating influenza but so far, clinical testing has not extended to its effect upon weight loss. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20554190
- Green tea leaf standardized extract (provides 450mg Catechins and 270mg EGCG): Natural tea taken from the Camilla Sinensis may reduce cholesterol levels and reduce body fat. These antioxidants do have powerful health benefits and fat burning function. According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, fat oxidation was increased after subjects supplemented their diet with green tea extract. Epigallocatechin (EGCG) is the most abundant Catechin in green tea. Contains caffeine.
- Greenleaf extract: Confusingly another Greenleaf extract is listed in the ingredients and contains 90% caffeine. As the contents are not specified, it is impossible to judge how much!
- Raspberry ketone: is a common ingredient in diet pills and animal testing revealed that when extremely high doses of Raspberry Ketones were ingested it altered the metabolism and prevented the formation of lipids and fats. Amounts of raspberry ketone not specified but it is unlikely to be in sufficient quantities to be effective.
- Acai extract (4:1): Extract of the Acai natural berry and a high source of antioxidants especially in natural form. In sufficient quantities, it can help boost the metabolism and help weight loss but in trace amounts such as here, it will not be effective.
- Cayenne Pepper Extract: Can increase the metabolism if taken in sufficient quantities. See our capsicum article
- Resveratrol: Natural phenol present in the skins of red fruit and the topic of numerous clinical reports, especially with regards anti aging. At present, despite the hype, the efficacy of Revesterol remains inconclusive and the long term effects upon humans unknown. See our Resveratrol article
- Other ingredients of the proprietary formula include cinnamon bark and peppermint oil.
The supplement also contains Niacin, Calcium and Magnesium – vital vitamins and minerals found in a natural diet and also contained in many breakfast cereals. There are also trace elements of Chromium Polynicotinate with 400mcg contained in the supplement.
So What Does All This Mean?
We don’t think much of this supplement. The ingredients profile is inadequate; the supplement is advertised as being based on the Lichi whereas the principle ingredient seems to be green tea and there is no clinical proof that Lychee extract does anything for weight loss.
Does Lichi Super Fruit Have Any Side Effects?
No side effects have been reported and the ingredients seem safe and natural. Unless you have a specific allergy to any of the ingredients, you should not experience any side effects from taking this supplement.
Caution: Avoid if pregnant or breastfeeding.
Any Lichi Super Fruit Reviews From Customers?
Lichi Superfruit has been on the market for a while and has attracted a lot of customer feedback. There are positive comments;
Results are good if you are on a low calorie diet and exercise. I lost three pounds in two weeks with three days of 1 hour cardio and no sweets in my diet.
Many customers have not felt the same.
I gave it the benefit of the doubt after 30 days of use and continued and still – nothing!
More worryingly, many customers feel they have conned by this company. One reviewer sums up the problem;
Doesn’t work, they charge you before you get your trial and they will not refund your money! They have small legal print to cover their butts. It’s the biggest scam I’ve ever seen! Don’t do it!!!!!! Not a reputable company at all!!! Most frustrating experience ever!
After requesting that they cease any other orders, I’ve continued to be charged $100 for it.
It seems that the company might send you extra products and charge you months after your original purchase as one customer found to her cost;
What infuriated me was that months later, the company sent me three boxes of these pills that I did not order, and charged me for it.
When I called, they said it was a mistake and that I just needed to return them and would not be charged. Then the customer service agent said that unfortunately, I would need to pay for shipping because they had no way to refund me for that
At least one customer has listed a complaint on a consumer complaints website stating that although she tried to cancel her agreement and wanted to return unwanted and unasked for products she was unable to do so and has lost $107. 94.
Lichi Superfruit looks like a scam and according to the high number of dissatisfied customers they are “mean people out to steal your money”. This may not be strictly true but many customers have reported similar comments and believe they have been scammed.
So Does Lichi Super Fruit Work?
It doesn’t seem likely that Lichi Superfruit will do much at all.
It is possible that if you combine it with a healthy eating plan or even the Lichi 30 day challenge you may lose some weight because of your own efforts and the novelty of a new diet. However, Lychee remains completely unproven for weight loss and although the green tea may help, you may do better simply drinking more green tea for the same effect.
Where Can I Buy Lichi Super Fruit?
Lichi Superfruit is available from the product website and also on sale via Amazon.com. The official website appears to have recently been re-developed but some of the pages are still under construction. Not a good start!
The Amazon store is operated by Lichi Superfruit but at least you will have some protection from Amazon regarding payment and you will not be signed up to a scam.
One month’s supply of Lichi superfruit supplement contains 90 capsules and costs from $17.99 to $29.95.
The company do not appear to be offering the free trial any more but if you decide to try this supplement, be careful of anything that requires you to give your bank details to the company.
How About a Money-Back Guarantee?
The company do not offer a money back guarantee.
Lichi Superfruit Supplement does not look like a very good diet supplement. The ingredients are not specified and the base ingredient Lichi has not proven to work for weight loss. Added to this rather indifferent supplement the high number of customers who feel they have been tricked out of their money is of deep concern. Bainbridge and Knight may have changed their marketing policy and dropped the free trial but it does not look good for them or their customer service department, which most customers found to be extremely unhelpful. It looks like a scam.
For all these reasons, we have no choice but to reject Lichi Super Fruit.