Lipo 6 Hers contains stimulants and you are advised to avoid drinking tea, coffee and colas while you are taking it. It comes with some health warnings and most of the ingredients feature on the dangerous supplements list.
For some people a health warning is just what makes them reach for their credit card, in the belief that strong and dangerous adds up to effective weight loss!
Lipo-6 Hers Pros
- Reasonably priced supplement
- Clear ingredients profile and health warnings provided by Nutrex
Lipo-6 Hers Cons
- No medical evidence that Lipo 6 hers will work in the fat burning way as described
- Potentially dangerous ingredient – may cause side effects
- No money-back guarantee
Lipo-6 Hers Review
Lipo-6 Hers Facts
- Manufactured in Florida by Nutrex
- Lipo 6 Hers contains 7 listed ingredients
- Supplement comes in two packs of 60 capsules – one month’s supply
The awkwardly named Lipo 6 Hers is a strong fat burner, which is specifically aimed at women and promises to assist with rapid and healthy weight loss.
Lipo 6 Hers is produced by Nutrex Research based in Oviedo Florida and the company have just commemorated their 10-year anniversary. Nutrex are a well-established bodybuilding supplements company with a good reputation throughout the bodybuilding world.
Unsurprisingly, the product website is very much along the body builder style. You can see pictures of body builders and bulging muscles as well as some moodily lit shots of gym equipment and red and black packaged products. Nutrex like most bodybuilder sites has a macho image but women feature as well. Bodybuilding does not exclude women and although they are in the minority, plenty of women do it!
Nutrex products include Annabol5, a non-steroid anabolic stack, The HEMO-RAGE Turbo Energy Shot -for serious athletes looking to bend iron and T Up described as one of the;
meanest, strongest and baddest testosterone boosters in the world!
Lipo 6 Hers offers rapid fat burning and maximum strength and is specifically aimed at women who work out and want fast weight loss plus enhanced energy. There is also a stronger version of Lipo 6 Hers available called Lipo 6 Black Hers in the “underground” range.
Not all Nutrex supplements are gender specific and there is nothing contained in Lipo 6 Hers that actually makes this supplement only suitable for women, apart from the name!
How to Take Lipo 6 Hers
To use Lipo 6 Hers, you are advised to start off by taking one cap in the morning and one cap in the afternoon.
Two days later increase the morning dose to two caps and stay with taking just one cap in the afternoon for two more days. Once your body has become accustomed to taking Lipo 6 hers take two capsules in the morning and two in the afternoon.
Do not exceed 4 capsules a day and do not take within 6 hours of sleep.
The ingredients are mainly in the stimulant class and include caffeine, Citrus Aurantium and B Phenylethylamine as well as Folic acid and Biotine.
These ingredients will not suit everyone but the company have included a list of potential risks and warnings of medical conditions, which may make this supplement unsuitable or dangerous for use.
The capsules are liquid filled which according to the advertising ensure that they enter your blood stream fast so are extremely fast working.
Lipo-6 Hers Concerns:
- Strong risk of potentially very dangerous side effects
- Lack of clinical evidence that this product will work in the way as described
- Synephrine and Yohimbine HCL on the FDA list of dangerous supplements
What Does Lipo-6 Hers Claim To Do?
Lipo 6 Hers offers four key features:
- Maximum Strength Formula For Women
- Rapid Fat Burning
- Fast Acting Liquid Capsule
- Animal Free Capsule Material
According to the product information,
Superior liquid capsules offer a fast and complete absorption of the powerful fat-burning components in LIPO-6 Hers.
Lipo 6 Hers;
consists of pure pharmaceutical-strength ingredients and does not contain herbal compounds
Apparently pharmaceutical ingredients are absorbed by the body faster and
Allow for a rapid and pronounced fat-loss effect
We would have liked to have seen an explanation about how these pharmaceutical-strength ingredients actually work.
One thing we would have liked to know is why this supplement is called Lipo 6 Hers when it contains seven ingredients? We could not find out.
So What Is Lipo-6 Hers and What Are The Ingredients For Lipo-6 Hers?
Lipo 6 Hers is a fat burner diet pill that is aimed at the body builder female market. There is no reason why this supplement should not be used by men because there is nothing gender specific about the ingredients.
If you are a man and take Lipo 6 Hers, possibly by accident, don’t worry!
This supplement will not make you grow breasts or suddenly be able to multi task.
- Folic acid (100mcg): Folic acid is one of the B group of vitamins and is essential for health because it helps build healthy red blood cells. It is extremely important for women who are trying to conceive because folic acid reduces the risk of birth defects such as Spina Bifida and other conditions that are related to the central nervous system.
However, outside pregnancy taking high doses of Folic acid is unnecessary because we get this vital vitamin from many dietary sources. In addition, Folic acid supplementation can mask the signs of vitamin B12 deficiency, which damages the nervous system.
The NHS recommends that you should not take more than 100mcg a day so this dose exceeds the maximum safe limit. Source: Vitamin B NHS resource
- Biotin (75mcg): Important B vitamin that helps healthy skin, nerves, metabolism, and present in a normal diet without the need for supplementation.
The benefits and risks of biotin supplementation are not clear. The RDA is set as 30mcg but it seems safe at higher levels. Check with a doctor if you have any other medical condition before taking because it can interact with medication. Source: WebMd Biotin article
- N Acetyl Tyrosine (150mg): Amino acid used to treat depression and other mental disorders and is often used to improve mental alertness after being without sleep for a long time. The recommended dose to achieve this effect is just 150mg per day so you will notice the effects of this supplement which is in excess of figure. Tyrosine can cause headaches.
- Caffeine Anhydrous (150mg): White powdered form of caffeine but otherwise the same as you find in an ordinary cup of coffee. Caffeine enhances energy and has a metabolism boosting effect so helps you burn off fat and calories.
A medium sized cup of filter coffee contains around 100mg of caffeine. Take a look at our caffeine ingredient article here. Source: http://www.kantonslabor-bs.ch/files/infos/e_coffeinkaffee.pdf
- B Phenylethylamine also known as PEA (60mg): This organic compound is linked to amphetamines and has a similar effect upon brain chemicals for a short time. It can cause a short-lived “rush” of around 10 -15 minutes before the effect passes.
PEA is a naturally occurring compound and is an uncontrolled substance, which means it is often included in supplements because of its mild euphoric effects. However, side effects are common and include heartburn, nausea, constipation and mild headaches. May cause a short-term mood lift but no benefit for weight loss and potentially unsafe. Source: http://www.zhion.com/Supplements/Phenylethylamine.html
- Citrus Aurantium (50% synephrine) (50mg): This stimulant raises the heart rate and increases blood pressure. It is believed to stimulate the breakdown of fat and boost the metabolism but there is a lack of clinical evidence to prove this. Citrus Aurantium can cause heart problems and strokes should definitely be avoided if you suffer from any heart related health conditions. Take a look at our Synephrine ingredient article here.
- Yohimbine HCL (3mg): Stimulant with aphrodisiac effects often marketed for sexual dysfunction. Some studies have claimed that Yohimbine HCL can promote fat loss in athletes but there is simply no clinical evidence that it works.
Small amounts of yohimbine can raise blood pressure and Yohimbe bark is on the FDA list of dangerous supplements. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yohimbine
So What Does All This Mean?
We feel exhausted after just reading the ingredients list of Lipo 6 hers, let alone actually taking it. This supplement is extremely high in stimulants and you will notice the effects, and not necessarily in a good way.
Will taken stimulants really help you lose weight? In addition, is it even worth the risk of side effects? Make no mistake Lipo 6 Hers will probably cause side effects and some of them are potentially dangerous.
Does Lipo-6 Hers Have Any Side Effects?
To be on the safe side, you should consult your doctor before you take Lipo 6 Hers.
Potential common side effects include;
More serious effects include.
- Elevated heart rate
- Shortness of breath
- Increased risk of stroke
- Increased risk of heart attack
- Can mask the symptoms of B12 deficiency
Caution: Avoid if pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you suffer from any heart or blood pressure condition.
Do not take Lipo 6 hers is you suffer from: Diabetes, Depression, Heart, liver, kidney or thyroid disease, Have difficulty urinating or Glaucoma.
Avoid Lipo 6 Hers if you are taking any other prescription medication because of possible interactions.
Any Lipo-6 Hers Reviews From Customers?
There are numerous positive reviews posted on the Nutrex website for Lipo 6 Hers but we only feature customer feedback that we can guarantee impartial.
Elsewhere there is very little feedback available for this product. There are some positive comments but we are not sure that these are genuine.
One customer reported;
I love the Lipo 6 products! They give me energy so that I can do an intense workout without getting tired!
Another customer wrote;
Nutrex Lipo-6 Hers gives me the energy I need while also helps me control appetite.
The impression of this positive feedback was slightly spoiled because the positive reviewers have only reviewed Lipo 6 Hers and no other products. The total absence of any other feedback at the time of writing causes some concern.
So Does Lipo-6 Hers Work?
Yes, it will probably work as stimulant but there are no guarantees that this will help you lose weight. Does taking a stimulant that helps you exercise beyond your fitness levels really achieve successful weight loss? We don’t think it does and are very concerned about the health issues that surround this supplement.
Where Can I Buy Lipo-6 Hers?
You can buy Lipo 6 Hers direct from the Nutrex website.
One box of 120 liquid caps (just over one month’s supply if you follow the instructions to start with the lower dose) costs $44.95 and includes free shipping to US addresses. International shipping is not mentioned on the Nutrex Company so you will need to contact them for further details.
You can also use the Nutrex website to locate your nearest stockist of Nutrex products, which are available from some stores.
Lipo 6 Hers is also available via Amazon.com. for just $21.02 plus $4.98 shipping charges to US addresses.
How About a Money-back Guarantee?
No money back guarantee on offer from Nutrex.
We are concerned about Lipo 6 Hers. This supplement contains potentially dangerous ingredients and although it will undoubtedly work as a stimulant there is little evidence that this will help you lose weight long term.
In addition, despite the glossy appearance of the Nutrex site and a good reputation held by the company throughout the bodybuilding world, very few people appear to have even tried this supplement, judging by the lack of feedback.
The price is good –at just $21.02 from Amazon for month’s supply this is one of the cheaper supplements on the market.
We think this one certainly falls into the unsafe category and for this reason, we reject Lipo 6 Hers.