We take a look to see if it is all pseudo-science, or if Lipo Core really can help dieters to lose fat mass without negatively affecting muscle mass.
Lipo Core Pros
- Clinically proven ingredients
- Free Delivery
Lipo Core Cons
- High levels of citrus aurantium
- No customer reviews
- Unsuitable product for many people
- No money-back guarantee
Lipo Core Review
Lipo Core Facts
- Manufactured by Fitness Authority
- 120 capsules per bottle- 40 day supply
- Website offers free samples with every order
Lipo Core is essentially a fat burner that works through increasing the heat created by the body, which burns an increased number of calories.
Fitness Authority Nutrition, the company that manufactures and sells Lipo Core, have a slightly more intricate explanation of their product:
Usually the energy that body produces is used very efficiently and only 30% of it is turned into heat. It means that efficiency of your „engine” is very high, about 70-75%. When heat production is increased, for example when you’re sick or you take thermogenic supplement the ratio between thermal energy and energy used by working muscles change. Body produces more heat and less energy for muscles, but when we train, our muscles need more energy. To meet that need, body has to burn more of energetic compound (fat, protein or carbohydrates), producing more heat but also covering needs of working muscles. That is how thermogenic supplements work and their efficiency is much higher than popular compounds like l-carnitine or CLA. Lipo from Core® line combines thermogenic action with muscle-protecting, anti-catabolic effects.
Whilst they are trying to sound scientific, Lipo Core are instead providing a confusing explanation of their own product. By increasing the heat output of the body, more calories are being burnt; if there is a calorie deficit from food consumed, the body will instead use glycogen stores and then fat stores to provide the energy required for this process. In the long term, this will lead to weight loss.
Customers should ensure that they are not confusing Lipo Core with another product, Lipocor, which is manufactured by Katalyst Nutraceuticals, and has a totally different ingredients profile.
Fitness Authority are an international company who operate through various distributers in each country, and so have numerous contact details depending upon the country of interest. Visit the relevant contact us page for more details on the Fitness Authority website.
Lipo Core Concerns:
- High risk of side effects
- Product unsuitable for many people
- Short returns window on only 14 days (same as distance selling regulations)
What Does Lipo Core Claim To Do?
Lipo core supposedly increases thermogenesis in the body, burning more calories and therefore fat, by increasing the amount of heat produced by the body. This process uses a considerable amounts of energy. Lipo Core also supposedly;
combines thermogenic action with muscle-protecting, anti-catabolic effects.
So What Is Lipo Core and What Are The Ingredients For Lipo Core?
Each bottle contains 120 capsules, enough for 40 daily servings of 3 capsules. Ingredient doses are provided below, with measurements provided per serving of 3 capsules:
- Chromium (60 µg): This is used primarily to lower fasting blood sugar levels and to lower insulin levels in people who have type 2 diabetes. In terms of its potential effect upon weight loss, it is possible that taking chromium picolinate by mouth for 2 to 3 months might produce a small weight loss of about 1.1 kg. Obviously this is an incredibly small amount of weight loss, but studies are still inconclusive.
- Garcinia Cambogia (200 mg): Garcinia Cambogia is a small fruit, also known as the Malabar Tamarind. Test tube and animal research suggests that HCA, the active compound in Garcinia Cambogia, may be helpful in weight loss because of its effects on metabolism. However, studies in humans have found mixed results. Some studies have found it has no effect upon either appetite or metabolic rate, whilst others showed increased weight loss compared to the use of a placebo.
- Caffeine (200 mg): Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
- Green Tea Extract (120 mg): Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a very low calorie diet.
- Citrus Aurantium (120 mg): Also known as bitter orange peel, this ingredient contains synephrine. A review of numerous studies concluded that use of synephrine resulted in an increase to the participants resting metabolic rate and energy expenditure, and moderate weight loss was seen in studies lasting over 6 weeks. However, there are some concerns about its safety being under-researched and the numerous side effects that have been associated with it.
- Grapefruit Extract (100 mg): A compound found in grapefruits called Naringin is known to extend the amount of time that caffeine remains in the body. This would make the effects of caffeine also last longer, potentially making Lipo Core more potent. Research also suggests that Naringin enhances fat metabolism in the body, which again could have positive implications for dieters. This research is still preliminary, and it is not clear if this is the aspect of grapefruit that has been extracted for use in Lipo Core.
- Guarana (100 mg): A berry that is naturally high in caffeine, it is often an ingredient in energy drinks and diet pills. Bedsides its caffeine content, there are no known weight loss benefits to using guarana.
- l-carnitine (90 mg):A supplementation of this ingredient has been found to improve fat oxidation.
- Ginger root (45 mg): Some studies suggest that ginger root is an appetite suppressant. One study used dried ginger powder to make a tea that participants drank with breakfast. Researchers found that satiety levels were much higher when the tea was consumed with breakfast, rather than just the breakfast on its own.
- Cayenne Pepper (45 mg): Capsaicin found in Cayenne pepper, is thought by some to play a role in weight loss. Some studies suggest it could suppress the appetite mildly, whilst others suggest that the heat causes a thermogenic reaction in the body, burning more calories for a period of time. However, there are also studies that show cayenne has little or no effect upon weight loss attempts.
- Bioperine (7.5 mg): This patented Black pepper extract is used for increasing the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. In other words, it increases the amounts of nutrients that are absorbed into the body in the digestive tract. It may also increase the absorption of various drugs, which may lead to potential side effects.
So What Does All This Mean?
There is a huge variety of ingredients in Lipo Core, many of which have some clinical evidence to support the idea that they are fat burning ingredients that can contribute to weight loss.
There is a high amount of both caffeine and citrus aurantium in the diet pills, which are both ingredients likely to lead to side effects. The Mayo Clinic goes as far as stating that people should avoid the use of citrus aurantium, because the risks to the users health outweigh any weight loss benefits.
Does Lipo Core Have Any Side Effects?
With a high level of caffeine per serving, including 200 mg caffeine, and hidden contributions from the caffeine naturally present in both guarana extract and green tea extract, side effects are possible. These could be made worse if the dieter is also consuming caffeine from other sources, such as coffee and tea.
Side effects from caffeine may include jitteriness, nausea, headaches, increased urination, dehydration, increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, heart palpitations and insomnia. Caffeine also magnifies the effects of citrus aurantium.
Citrus Aurantium is a strong stimulant, which is present in high quantities in Lipo Core. People who are sensitive to stimulants should therefore avoid the product, as they are at higher risk of developing side effects, including increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, fainting, and even stroke and heart attack. Both stroke and heart attacks has been reported in otherwise healthy users of citrus aurantium, and can be fatal, even if immediate medical care is provided.
Bioperine is known to increase the absorption of numerous medications, which can lead to accidental overdose on normally safe doses. Similarly, grapefruit has a long list of interactions with many different medications, available here.
People who are using prescribed medications should not use Lipo Core, as the side effects of these medications could be greatly aggravated by ingredients in Lipo Core.
Chromium can lower blood sugar levels. Whilst in many cases this can aid weight loss by regulating hunger cravings, diabetics should avoid using chromium supplements, as it can interfere with their medication. Diabetics who want to control their blood sugar levels whilst dieting and using a diet pill should consult their doctor before buying any product, and monitor their blood sugar levels.
Not recommended for children or pregnant women. Due to high caffeine content product is not recommended for children and kids under 16 years old, pregnant and nursing women, diabetes, person suffered from high blood pressure and other heart diseases.
Do not use with alcohol.
Do not use if you are allergic to any of the supplement’s compounds.
Any Lipo Core Reviews From Customers?
There are no available customer reviews of Lipo Core that we could find. The closest thing to a customer review that we saw was one rating of the product, leaving it with 3 out of 5 stars.
So Does Lipo Core Work?
Without any customer reviews available, it is impossible to tell if Lipo Core works in practice to aid significant weight loss. Theoretically, based upon the ingredients profile, the body’s metabolic rate should be increased by the active ingredients. This would therefore have the most effect in speeding up weight loss in a person who was already on a calorie restricted diet, which is the same advice we give for all diet pills.
Our concern is that if the diet pill causes any serious side effects, that people will be unable to take the pills at all, wasting their money and ultimately not feeling any weight loss benefits.
Where Can I Buy Lipo Core?
Lipo Core can be bought from a number of different websites, including its manufacturer’s website FA nutrition. There are also numerous regionalised versions of this website, including sites for Poland, Latvia and the USA. Each different country has its own contact details and prices. In the UK, one bottle of 120 capsules, enough for a 40 day supply, is available for £23.99.
The good news is there is no shipping cost.
What About A Guarantee
Fitness Authority offer a 14 day returns period, but returns are not guaranteed.
The lack of customer reviews and feedback about the product means that we cannot establish if customers generally lose weight with Lipo Core, or if any number of people develop side effects. Without this information, stating that the product will aid weight loss is only speculation.
The levels of citrus aurantium in Lipo Core are also a cause for concern. Most studies tend to use less than 55 mg of citrus aurantium per day, and so it is likely that consuming more than double this each day will lead to a range of stimulant related side effects.
Because of the presence of citrus aurantium and caffeine, as well as Bioperine and Grapefruit extract, there are many people who should not take Lipo Core, as it may aggravate pre-existing health problems. People who have liver damage should avoid the product as well, because of the presence of Garcinia Cambogia.
Lipo Core also offer no money back guarantee, and have a much shorter returns period than many other companies; taking into consideration delivery time frames, obtaining a return could be problematic.