We take a look at LipoDream to find out more about this supplement.
- May help you sleep
- Ingredients seem safe
- No evidence that this supplement will help you burn fat overnight
- Incomplete ingredients profile
- May cause side effects
- Made in the USA in a GMP facility
- Contains Magnolia bark extract to promote sleepiness
- Supplement is part of the Innovex Nutrition range
LipoDream is a stimulant free fat burner that the makers Innovex Nutrition claim will help you burn off fat and calories overnight and help you sleep. In addition, LipoDream will help reduce your appetite so that you do not wake up with night cravings or hunger pangs next morning.
Most fat burners contain stimulants such as caffeine in order to help increase metabolism and energy levels so this weight loss pill looks very different to most others on the market.
Instead, LipoDream contains magnolia bark extract, which may have a sedative effect, green tea extract which may help increase metabolism and 7 Keto DHEA a compound chemical formed in the body and believed to work to increase the speed of the metabolism.
Other ingredients include Phosphatidylserine – a component of body cells and derived from diet via meat and believed to improve mental capacity. Some evidence suggests that it helps decrease stress.
All in all this formula looks as if it may be effective. If you have trouble sleeping, and fancy the hunger suppressing and fat burning claims you may be tempted into giving this supplement a try.
How to Take LipoDream
Take one capsule 30 minutes before bedtime.
According to the product information, you can combine it with LipoPhen, a fat burner that you take in the morning and that way benefit from 24-hour fat burning.
That said LipoPhen contains some very strong and potentially dangerous ingredients so is a very different supplement to LipoDream.
Innovex Nutrition is a US supplements company based in Florida. The company guarantee that all their supplements are produced in the USA in an FDA inspected facility that conforms to GMP (good manufacturing practice).
Other Innovex Nutrition supplements include Relaxyn – an anti anxiety mood enhancer, Neuro NRG a nootropic supplement that enhances mental energy and a choice of weight loss supplements around Garcinia Cambogia.
- You should only take this supplement before bedtime because it causes drowsiness. Will it make you groggy in the morning?
- Do not combine this capsule with alcohol. Will customers realise?
- If you have sleep issues, visiting your doctor may be a safer option
What Does LipoDream Claim To Do?
According to the product advertising, there are five key benefits to LipoDream:
- Promotes deep, restful sleep while increasing the body’s overnight metabolism.
- Suppresses your appetite while you sleep so you don’t wake up hungry.
- Contains no caffeine or stimulants so you can rest easy.
- Targets weight-loss and fat burning during sleep which is a time most often neglected by other fat burning products.
- Manufactured in the USA at an FDA inspected GMP certified facility. 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
The supplement information describes LipoDream as a,
proprietary blend of clinically proven ingredients burns fat, increases the body’s overnight metabolism, and suppresses appetite all while promoting a deep, restful sleep.
This all sounds great but Innovex Nutrition do not explain how these ingredients work. The sedative effect, the fat burning and metabolism boosting claims do not come with any explanations or links to clinical evidence.
So What Is LipoDream and What Are The Ingredients?
LipoDream is marketed as a fat burner combined with a sleep aid. It comes as a proprietary blend, which means it lacks a detailed ingredients breakdown. This means you cannot see exactly how much of any one ingredient you are taking per serving.
Without knowing an ingredient’s strength, it is impossible to predict possible effects but our ingredients information provides a general overview.
For more information about Proprietary Blends see our previous Watchdog investigation.
Each capsule of LipoDream is equal to one serving and contains 430mg.
- Green Tea Extract (50% ECGC): Clinical research suggests green tea has proven health benefits and it has been investigated for numerous medical conditions including cancer research. Green tea contains high levels of the antioxidant ECGC (Epigallocatechin gallate) and some research suggests it may have anti obesity and fat burning properties by increasing the metabolism.
- Magnolia Bark: This extract has been used in Chinese medicine for centuries has recently been touted for weight loss because it is believed to reduce stress hormone cortisol. There is little evidence that this ingredient causes weight loss but it may help reduce stress related eating.
Japanese researchers indentified two chemicals in magnolia bark called “honokiol” and “magnolol” which are up to 1000 times more potent than Vitamin E in antioxidant activity. These compounds are thought to contribute to the anti-stress effect and balance cortisol. May cause side effects.
- Phosphatidylserine: Sometimes called PS, this natural cellular compound is obtainable by diet and is present in meat products and white beans. Clinical testing on athletes suggests that PS helps recovery after exercise and improve cognitive functioning. However taking less than 400mg was found to be ineffective and most results of clinical testing have been based on 800mg or 600mg doses of PS. It is certainly in smaller servings here so is likely to be ineffective.
- Coleus Forskohlii (10% forskolin): Forskolin is an extract taken from the roots of the tropical plant Plectranthus Barbatus (Coleus Forskohlii). It may be effective as a herbal medicine and there has been some limited clinical testing. One small test suggested that forskolin may help slow weight gain but it requires further evidence.
- Raspberry ketones: This ingredient has been widely touted for weight loss and although it may have numerous health benefits, there is no real evidence that it works. Most claims are based on animal testing so it requires further sound evidence to prove the claims one way or another. We like that it is safe. Is it effective? Nobody knows for sure.
- 7 Keto DHEA: This compound is a by-product of Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), a chemical that is formed in the body and is believed to work for weight loss by increasing the speed of the metabolism.
According to some evidence, weight loss is modest “At the end of one six month study, people taking DHEA lost an average of two pounds compared to the people taking the placebo, who gained just over one pound” However it may be effective at causing fat loss around the abdomen. One test found that “After six months, women taking DHEA lost 10% of their abdominal fat and men lost 7%. “
There is little information to gauge whether 7 Keto DHEA is safe when taken as a supplement. Amounts not provided.
- Gamma Aminobutyric Acid: GABA is a chemical present in the brain. When taken in supplement form it may help improve conditions like anxiety, ADHD, weight loss and certain types of depression. Taken in the wrong quantities for your condition it can make things worse, so this chemical is something you should not really play around with. Will it help with weight loss? There is no evidence that it will.
- L Theanine: This amino acid is in tea and research suggests it may improve alertness and mental capacity by boosting GABA levels in the brain.
- Melatonin: This hormone regulates sleep cycles. It responds to light and levels rise in the evening and overnight, usually dropping off in the early hours of the morning. Low melatonin levels can cause insomnia and taking melatonin supplements can regulate sleep disturbances. There can be side effects such as vivid dreams and feeling groggy in the morning.
- Black Pepper extract: Often included in supplements because black pepper may increase bioavailability.
So What Does All This Mean?
LipoDream contains ingredients that are believed to have a direct effect upon the chemicals in your brain and your sleep patterns so it is possible it will help you sleep. However, we are concerned that this may come with side effects so if you do suffer from insomnia on a regular basis we advise you to see your doctor rather than take an OTC supplement which contains unknown amounts of ingredients.
Will this supplement help you burn fat as you sleep? It seems unlikely to really help you lose much weight while you snooze. For example, 7 K DHEA was found to take six months before it had any effect upon weight loss and although green tea is good for health and may help support weight loss, the best way seems to drink it as tea rather than take it in supplement form.
PS is in inadequate quantities and if you suffer from mental health issues such as depression you should probably avoided taking GABA in supplements.
Overall, these ingredients lack evidence to suggest that they work for weight loss as advertised.
Does LipoDream Have Any Side Effects?
Very few customers have complained of side effects so this supplement looks safe. It will make you sleepy and Innovex Nutrition warn that you should not drive, operate machinery or drink alcohol in combination with this supplement.
Potential side effects to the ingredients include:
- Vivid dreams
- Grogginess in mornings
- Low blood pressure
- Stomach upset
- May make mental health issues worse
Not suitable for individuals under 18.
Innovex advise that this supplement is not suitable for pregnant women or nursing mothers.
If you are taking any medications or have any pre-existing medical condition, consult your doctor before use.
Any LipoDream Reviews From Customers?
There is feedback for this supplement and most of it is positive. However, some dissatisfied customers have concerns about authenticity of comments. One customer reported,
Doesn’t work and it’s legitimate average rating is probably more like 1 star. If you look at the 5 star reviews, you will find that the same reviewers posted reviews for 4-5 other diet products on the same day, and gave all of them 5 stars too.
Other customers have said the same. We looked into this and there does appear to be a pattern. Many customers have also reviewed LipoPhen but that is understandable given that the two products go together.
What is surprising is that so many people have bothered to review a supplement that they do not appear to have even bought!
All we can say is that there seem to be some genuine positive reviews from verified purchases but not nearly as many positive reviews left by people who have not bought it and yes, left multiple reviews for other weight loss products.
There seems to be something going on with the feedback comments. They do not all appear to be genuine.
One customer reported,
I’ve only been on LipoDream for a little bit, but am pleased. My appetite has decreased as if by magic because I feel no side effects from taking the pill. I’ve always gotten so jittery and end up clenching my jaw all day after I’ve tried other pills, and none of that with LipoDream.
One genuine customer gave it three stars and reported,
I have been taking this product for 2 weeks. It doesn’t raise my temperature and it doesn’t help me sleep and I have not seen any weight loss. I am willing to give it a few more weeks though and adjust my rating if it needs adjusting.
Another genuine looking reviewer wrote,
I use this together with LipoPhen and have had fantastic results! not only am I losing weight but I am sleeping better. It’s a win win!
By contrast, another reviewer wrote,
Don’t waste your money.
So Does LipoDream Work?
LipoDream may help you sleep but there is not much evidence that it will help you burn fat while you sleep. However, a good night’s sleep is important for health and metabolism. Not getting enough sleep can make you feel sluggish, tired, and more likely to reach for sugary snacks next day when your energy crashes. Tiredness causes the metabolism to slow and your energy levels to be low. None of this is good for weight loss…
However, it is unlikely that taking antioxidants before bedtime will really have much effect upon your weight that really translates to pounds lost. We have searched through the evidence and have been unable to find any clinical evidence to back up this claim.
In addition, is waking up and not feeling hungry, helpful for weight loss? Most dietary advice is to ensure you eat a good breakfast so this is not really an advantage.
Where Can I Buy LipoDream?
LipoDream is not on sale in the shops but you can buy online from the Innovex Nutrition website. One bottle of 30 capsules (1 month’s supply) costs $27.99 with free shipping to US addresses. Payment is only via PayPal.
LipoDream do not ship outside the USA. You can also buy LipoDream via Amazon. A bottle of 30 capsules costs $29.99. LipoDream is not available to customers outside the USA.
What About A Guarantee
No guarantee is on offer.
LipoDream is not the worst supplement we have ever seen and if you have trouble in sleeping at night, you may find that this supplement helps. Some genuine customers have felt that it helps promote sleep but there seems to be high proportion of fake positive comments so the weight loss claims seem less convincing.
You may find that taking this supplement calms you down and promotes a healthy night’s sleep. This in turn may lead to increased weight loss and give you the energy to stick to your diet. In addition, the boost of antioxidants may provide a boost to your general system and certainly will not do you harm.
However, we are struggling with the claims that this supplement will cause fat burning overnight. There is just no evidence that this is true.
In addition, we are unimpressed with the lack of information provided by Innovex. You have no idea about the ingredients amounts contained in this supplement. We know that some are too inadequate quantities to work. Is this true for all of them? With a proprietary blend, it is impossible to know.
Overall, there are just too many unanswered questions about this supplement. It may help you if you struggle to sleep but we cannot see it doing much for weight loss.
It is an easy decision. We reject LipoDream.