We take a look to see if Lipo Stricton could boost weight loss for dieters.
LIPO Stricton Pros
- No stimulants in Night Formula
LIPO Stricton Cons
- No clinical evidence for many ingredients
- Lack of ingredients information
- No money-back guarantee
LIPO Stricton Review
LIPO Stricton Facts
- Made by Rightway Nutrition
- 60 capsules of each formula
- Day and Night Formulas
Lipo Stricton is a two-step diet supplement that consists of taking two day time capsules in the morning, and two night time capsules in the evening.
The website for Lipo Stricton also looks very unprofessional and incomplete, with some areas being filled with a “coming soon” style banner. The website is also filled with adverts for other weight loss offers that lead to other, unconnected products.
There also seems to be a problem with the office address connected to Lipo Stricton; the Lipo Stricton website gives an address in Iowa. However, numerous retail sites list the manufacturers of Lipo Stricton as Rightway Nutrition, a company based in Utah, USA. Utah is home to over 130 dietary supplement companies and supplements are Utah’s third biggest industry.
There have been numerous scams associated with Utah-based diet pill companies, but this does not necessarily mean that all Utah based companies are suspicious. However, customers should always be aware of scams, usually offered as free trials or auto-shipping programs which are difficult to cancel. In relation to Lipo Stricton, the two different addresses in different states does stand out as a suspicious business practice.
The main sales page of Lipo Stricton, and in fact the majority of the information we found about the product repeatedly refers to it being a thermogenic fat burner, that will boost the metabolism. The product supposedly stimulates the body’s ability to burn fat, causing a boost in energy and to weight loss. However, at no point does it state anything about what the actual ingredients are; a product that does not want to promote the ingredients they have used makes us cautious about the product. Usually companies that are using scientifically back products that will aid weight loss are eager to share that link with their customers, and it usually forms a primary part of their marketing pitch. We go into more detail below, but it is clear that many of the ingredients have no clinical backing.
Compared to many other diet pills on the market, Lipo Stricton is a relatively expensive product. Many of our approved diet pills are available for much lower prices than Lipo Stricton, suggesting that even if it does cause some weight loss, it may represent poor value for money.
LIPO Stricton Concerns:
- Lacks ingredient information and no clinical evidence
- Unclear company location and contact info
- No money-back guarantee available for what is an expensive supplement
What Does LIPO Stricton Claim To Do?
The manufacturer’s description of how Lipo Stricton works in incredibly vague.
Lipo Stricton does claim to have a number of effects upon the body, even if it not explained how these processes are stimulated. Supposedly the day time formula stimulates fat burners, causes increased focus, and is a high energy formulation, suggesting that it has stimulant ingredients such as caffeine.
The night time formula supposedly is a thermogenic fat burner, which improves the sleep cycle, whilst also increasing the metabolism.
So What Is LIPO Stricton and What Are The Ingredients For LIPO Stricton?
Despite Lipo Stricton not publicly revealing what their ingredients are on their webpage, we have been able to find the ingredients list printed on the labels of Lipo Stricton bottles.
The diet pill has a proprietary formula, and so individual ingredient quantities are not released, making it more difficult to establish how effective Lipo Stricton is.
There are two different bottles of pills to take when using Lipo Stricton; a day formula and a night formula. These are totally different to each other, with very different ingredient profiles, meaning that when using Lipo Stricton, users are consuming a large variety of ingredients, all with their own properties and potential side effects.
Day Time Formula
Each day time serving of two tablets contains 850mg of the formula.
- Taurine: Used often in energy drinks, some studies suggest that this amino acid may play a role in athletic performance, meaning that it is only useful for dieters who exercise. There is no link between Taurine and weight loss known at this time.
Source: Mayoclinic Resource
- Acacia Rigidula Extract (Leaves): This plant, originating in Texas, Mexico and Africa, supposedly contains over 40 active compounds, some of which are thought to increase the metabolism, as well as lipolysis in the body. However, there very little investigation has been made into this plant in relation to weight loss, and so our knowledge of the plant is based on speculation rather than clinical results.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is thought to stimulate the central nervous system, causing alertness, reduced fatigue and a slightly increased metabolism for a short period of time, which can make a small difference to weight loss attempts through regular usage.
- Theobroma Cacao Extract: Typically used to make chocolate because of its cacao content, there is little evidence explicitly this ingredient with weight loss. Studies in rats suggest it can lower cholesterol levels.
Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2735623/ / http://www.sportsnutritionsociety.org/ArchivePDFS/ArchivePDFS-194.pdf
- Citrus Aurantium: Also known as bitter orange extract, this ingredient contains synephrine. A review of numerous studies concluded that use of synephrine resulted in an increase to the participants resting metabolic rate and energy expenditure, and moderate weight loss was seen in studies lasting over 6 weeks. However, there are some concerns about its safety being under-researched.
/ WebMD Resource
- L-Arginine: This amino acid has several uses medically, including helping AIDS patients gain weight, particularly lean muscle mass, when used in conjunction with several other ingredients. However, in terms of weight loss, there is little evidence that it is useful.
Source: http://cardiohealthresearch.com/l-arginine-weight-loss/ / WebMD Resource
- Yohimbe (bark): Some studies have noticed increased blood concentrations of free fatty acids in participants who use yohimbe extract, suggesting increased rates of lipolysis. However, the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database has stated that there is insufficient evidence to claim it aids in weight loss.
Source: http://www.sportsnutritionsociety.org/ArchivePDFS/ArchivePDFS-194.pdf / http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/759.html
Night time formula
Each night time serving of two tablets contains 1310mg of its formula.
- Gamma Aminobutyric Acid (GABA): A chemical that is produced in the brain naturally, it is also available in supplement form. There is insufficient evidence that it plays a role in either fat burning or weight loss. It is most commonly taken under the tongue, making its use in a pill type supplement unusual.
Source: WebMD Resource
- Bitter Melon Extract: Some studies suggest that bitter melon can improve glucose tolerance and lower blood sugar levels. However, this is researched in the context of diabetes, not weight loss, and there are lots of inconclusive and conflicting studies.
Source: WebMD Resource
- Cinnamon (bark) Extract: Several studies have found a link between cinnamon and the regulation of blood glucose levels, and it may play a small role in improving insulin sensitivity. In terms of its effects upon weight, this area has been under researched.
- Fenugreek (seed) Extract: Often used as an herbal remedy, fenugreek seeds are sometimes used to treat a loss of appetite. However, it also seems to slow the absorption of sugars in the stomach, helping to regulate blood sugar levels. This may delay sugar crashes that are usually associated with slumping energy levels and snacking between meals.
Source: WebMD Resource
- Medium Chain Triglycerides Oil (MCTs): Athletes sometimes use MCTs for nutritional support during training, as well as for decreasing body fat and increasing lean muscle mass. However, scientifically speaking, there is not enough evidence to say that MCTs are effective in decreasing fat mass or increasing muscle mass.
- Astaxanthin Extract: An antioxidant, there is little evidence for its use in weight loss. A limited number of studies indicate it may help to lower triglyceride levels and increase the amounts of HDL cholesterol in the body.
The night time formula also contains L-Arginine.
So What Does All This Mean?
There is a huge selection of ingredients in the day time and night time formulas of Lipo Stricton. However, the majority of the ingredients have not been proven to aid weight loss attempts. In fact, several of these ingredients are much more commonly used to treat erectile dysfunction in men.
There are also lots of ingredients that seem to lower blood sugar levels, delay blood sugar levels rising immediately after eating, or increase insulin sensitivity. Whilst this may make it easier for someone who is insulin resistant to lose weight, its effect may not be as clear in healthy people who are not insulin resistant. In fact, people who are dieting need to be careful about their blood sugar levels, as sugar crashes leads to junk food cravings and unplanned snacking, which can derail any diet. These ingredients are useful for making sure sugar levels are not too high, but could cause problems for people with low sugar levels.
It is a useful idea to have day time formulas and night time formulas, which will minimise the chances of side effects such as insomnia from caffeine and other stimulants. However, we would expect more relevant ingredients to weight loss. The fact that the Lipo Stricton website refers to no relevant studies, and actively avoids mentioning the ingredients used suggests that this product is not a great aid to weight loss.
Does LIPO Stricton Have Any Side Effects?
There are several different ingredients used in Lipo Stricton which have been associated with numerous side effects, of varying severity. To minimise any potential side effects, do not exceed the stated dose, and take the day time formula pill in the morning. This will mean that the stimulant ingredients will not impact upon sleeping patterns, one of the main benefits of having separate day/night formulas.
Yohimbe has been linked to reports of severe side effects including irregular or rapid heart-beat, kidney failure, seizure, heart attack, and others.
Caffeine can cause headaches, shakes and jitteriness, increased blood pressure, increased urination and dehydration. It can also amplify the possible negative effects of bitter orange extract, another ingredient. Some studies suggest that synephrine can increase blood pressure, as well causing headaches, light-headedness and increasing the chances of cardiac problems in people who already have high blood pressure.
One reviewer noted that when they ate junk food whilst using Lipo Stricton, they felt sick and nauseous. Whilst this could just be coincidence, with only a small number of reviews available, we cannot confirm if this is a common side effect.
Caution: Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Avoid if have high blood pressure, or known cardiac health problems.
Any LIPO Stricton Reviews From Customers?
There are very few reviews from customers that have been left on GNC, which is one of the internet retailers that stocks Lipo Stricton. However, they are overwhelmingly positive, with many mentioning the huge energy burst they have experience with taking the day capsule. This is most likely because of the various stimulants that are present in the day capsule.
One reviewer noted that the product;
Has the most extreme energy packed with a punch!
whilst another noted that
the first day I had an extreme rush of energy, but the following days it was a natural feeling of energy, which was great because I was worried on how it was going to affect my concentration at work (it did improve).
Some of the reviewers do make some dubious claims, especially about the effects that they have noticed. One commented that;
I have noticed my metabolism is also already speeding up.
Whilst another reviewer wrote;
I have noticed my metabolism is speeding up already, and when I work out I immediately notice toned muscles more than I ever have before.
These are rather odd things to “notice” about taking a diet pill, especially after only 3 and 5 days of taking the diet pill. It may be that some of these reviews are fabricated, an increasingly common practice to make a product seem more appealing.
None of the reviews discuss weight loss in a long term context, and so it is not known if any results begin to diminish after a few weeks.
So Does LIPO Stricton Work?
The customer reviews do seem to suggest that the use of Lipo Stricton causes some weight loss, at least initially. One reviewer did mention that it is probably water weight. It is unclear if Lipo Stricton will aid weight loss in the long term.
The ingredients profile suggests that the day time formula may be more useful than the night time formula. However, without full details of the ingredient quantities, it is not possible to establish how effective either type of capsule may be. Indeed, looking at the clinical trials associated with each ingredient, the best a person could expect is minimal weight loss. It is quite likely that Lipo Stricton will boost energy levels somewhat, at least for a few hours.
Where Can I Buy LIPO Stricton?
Lipo Stricton can be bought from two internet retailers, GNC and Lucky Vitamin. The retail price of one box of Lipo Stricton through GNC is $99.99, or $79.99 for members. An annual subscription is required to be a member and access the discounts at GNC. Lucky Vitamin sell the product at the reduced rate of $79.99.
One box of Lipo Stricton contains a bottle of 60 day time capsules and a bottle of 60 night time capsules, enough servings for 30 days use. This makes the price quite steep for a diet pill.
What About A Guarantee
Rightway Nutrition offer no money back guarantee at this time.
We are unable to endorse or recommend Lipo Stricton for use as a weight loss aid. The product is rather expensive, and offer little value for money. The claims made by the manufacturer and the actual properties of the ingredients do not align, meaning that many customers may be disappointed.
In fact, the ingredients may actually be more suitable for someone looking for a treatment for erectile dysfunction. This is obviously not the intended purpose of the diet pills. The quantities of each ingredient are not made public, and the ingredients list itself is very hard to locate, again making us doubt the product, as the company is not open about their product.
The website for Lipo Stricton also looks very unprofessional and incomplete, with some areas being filled with a “coming soon” style banner. The website is also filled with adverts for other weight loss offers that lead to other, unconnected products. Finally, the two addresses and questionable status of who the parent company is makes us even less likely to approve it. So we have no choice but to reject Lipo Stricton diet pills.