So does it work or is it just another over hyped supplement? We find out.
Liporidex MAX Pros
- Lots of positive customer feedback
- Guarantee seems very fair
Liporidex MAX Cons
- Inadequate ingredients profile
- Potential side effects and health concerns
- Some of the ingredients remain unproven for weight loss
Liporidex MAX Review
Liporidex MAX Facts
- Company based in California
- Each bottle contains 72 capsules and costs $44.00
- Liporidex does not sell direct to customers outside the USA
One of the first things that this company’s advertising points out is that you should not take Liporidex Max if you are allergic to stimulants or have any medical condition around heart disease or high blood pressure.
This gives every indication that this US diet pill is strong. But does this necessarily equate to weight loss?
Liporidex MAX is manufactured in San Diego USA California. The Liporidex Company manufacture three weight loss supplements and all of them look similar.
The major difference between them is the stimulant content.
Liporidex MAX is the company’s strongest product and with high levels of stimulants will not suit everyone. Ingredients include caffeine, green coffee, bitter orange and Guarana.
Liporidex Plus contains fewer stimulant ingredients than Liporidex MAX and Liporidex PM is stimulant free and suitable for night time use.
Liporidex MAX is aimed at both men and women and according to the advertising works as a fat burner and appetite suppressant as well as increasing your metabolism.
According to the advertising, the supplement has been created and formulated by medical doctors but we are not given any details about these doctors or any proof of clinical evidence.
The Liporidex website has a serious and medical style image. You don’t see images of glamorous skinny models or muscle bound hunks although there are some images of doctors wearing white coats.
There are some useful website features however. You can calculate your BMI via the tools page of the website and also take a test that will calculate your calorific intake and what you need to do to lose weight.
Our guess is that for most people the answer will be to buy one or a combination of all the Liporidex products.
Despite the serious and clinical appearance of the site and the packaging of the product, you need to remember that this is a fairly ordinary diet pill. It comes with no real medical backing or clinical endorsement even though it does look convincing.
How to take Liporidex MAX
To use Liporidex MAX take one serving (1 capsule) each morning on an empty stomach and along with a large glass of water. Take another capsule five or six hours later in the mid afternoon.
After three days, you can add an extra capsule in the morning or before exercise. Do not exceed the daily dose of three capsules within 24 hours and you are advised to drink plenty of water throughout the day to avoid dehydration.
Liporidex MAX Concerns:
- Contains some questionable ingredients
- Full ingredients information not available
- May cause interactions with prescription medicine
What Does Liporidex MAX Claim To Do?
According to the Liporidex Max website, this supplement offers seven key features.
- Lose more weight than dieting or exercise alone
- Reduce body fat
- Prevent Calorie Storage
- Increased Energy
- Suppress Appetite
- Increase Metabolism
- Rejuvenate with Antioxidants
According to the advertising Liporidex MAX is a;
Pre-workout & metabolic formula. Boosts endurance, energy and focus while boosting your metabolism and reducing your appetite
So What Is Liporidex MAX and What Are The Ingredients For Liporidex MAX?
Liporidex MAX is a general-purpose diet pill that offers a stimulant fat burning effect which may also reduce your appetite.
The Liporidex formula is made from branded supplements so exact ingredient quantities are not given. However, given that there are a high number of ingredients in each formula yet the contents are fairly low, it seems that ingredients are in very low amounts.
Thermogenic complex (326mg):
- Green Coffee Bean Extract: Much touted ingredient that can promote some weight loss and research indicates that weight loss results are very minimal but real. Since featuring on the Dr Oz show, Green coffee bean has become very popular. This supplement also contains Svetol a branded decaffeinated green coffee bean extract. See our green coffee extract article.
- Raspberry Ketones: Another popular supplement ingredient but mainly based on hype. Scientific research carried out on rats showed a reduction of fat and lipid levels. The downside is that people are not rats and it has been calculated that you would need to eat 2% of your equivalent body weight in raspberry ketones to get the same effects. See our raspberry ketones article.
- Green tea extract: Antioxidant rich tea with many health benefits. Better when taken as a natural tea rather than supplement form. See our green tea extract article.
- Evodiamine: Plant extract chemical believed to reduce fat but no medical evidence. May play a role in the production of serotonin in the brain.
- Higenamine: Chemical compound present in many medicinal plants. A variety of effects has been observed in vitro studies and in animal models, but its effects on humans are unknown.
Metabolic complex (183mg):
- Caffeine: Where would the diet industry be without caffeine! Helps boost the metabolism and perk you up as well. See our caffeine article.
- Guarana: Natural Brazilian fruit, which contains caffeine.
- Bitter Orange Extract: The active ingredient is synephrine which when taken at high levels can increase the heart rate and raise blood pressure. Amounts contained in this supplement are probably safe. See our synephrine article.
- Bacopa: Aquatic plant used in traditional Indian medicine to improve mental functioning.
- Bioperine: Black pepper supplement believed to increase the effects of other ingredients.
CNS Enhancement Complex (113mg):
- Choline: Essential nutrient present in many foodstuffs including chicken, wheat germ, cod and almonds. Believed to lower cholesterol levels but no medical evidence that it works for weight loss.
- Phenylethylamine: PEA can cause a short-lived high effect but is quickly metabolized. It is this high that makes it attractive as a supplement but the effect often lasts only a few minutes. See our Phenylethylamine article.
- L Tyrosine: Amino acid found naturally in cheese and can be synthesised in the body by L-Phenylalanine. L Tyrosine is a precursor to dopamine – a vital neurotransmitter that creates feelings of pleasure in the brain. Unusually taking high amounts of L tyrosine can actually reduce dopamine. Amounts here unknown. See our L Tyrosine article.
- Vinpocetine: Synthetic chemical that is sometimes used to treat Alzheimer’s disease because it is believed to improve the blood flow to the brain. Can interact with Warfarin.
Source: Web MD Vinpocetine
Performance Complex (85mg):
- Rhodiola extract: Comes from wild plant Golden Root and believed to have many medical applications. It may have an anti fatigue effect and it be effective against depression but further evidence needed.
- Quercetin: A plant pigment and a flavanoid found in numerous plants and foods including green tea, onions and apples. Flavanoids are powerful antioxidants with many health benefits and Quercetin sometimes taken to improve endurance and performance. Source: Web MD Quercetin
- Ashwagandha Root: Also known as Indian Ginseng or Poison Gooseberry and part of the nightshade family of plants. It is used in traditional Indian medicine and may have an effect upon anxiety, fatigue and depression. Be aware that Ashwagandha has been used as a herbal remedy to induce abortion.
- Vitamins B6 and B12: Essential for health and wellbeing. These two vitamins play a vital role in the healthy functioning of the metabolism.
So What Does All This Mean?
Although there are some novel ingredients in Liporidex Max, the amounts are not specified and it is likely that many of them will be in inadequate quantities.
Many of the ingredients remain unproven and there may be side effects and interactions. Some such as Ashwagandha and Bitter Orange extract are of concern and we would have liked to see the quantities of these potentially dangerous ingredients.
Added to this, some ingredient quantities may only be in miniscule quantities. Will this really work? It is hard to say and you will not really know what you are taking.
Within the Metabolic Complex, for example there are only 183mg of active ingredients. Some of this may be caffeine (there is around 100 mg in an average cup of coffee) or Gurana, which is much the same thing, but we just do not know.
Does Liporidex MAX Have Any Side Effects?
You may notice some usual stimulant side effects depending on your own sensitivity. These may include headaches, jitteriness, heart palpitations and similar but these will not affect everyone.
Caution: Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Avoid: The Liporidex website information advices that you should avoid if you; are allergic to other stimulants, or if you have heart disease or high blood pressure, Arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) , an overactive thyroid, Glaucoma or are Caffeine sensitive. You should avoid “If you are in an agitated state or if you have a history of drug or alcohol abuse.”
You should probably also avoid if you are trying to conceive because Ashwagandha Root has sometimes been used in traditional medicine to terminate pregnancies.
Avoid if you are taking medication such as Warfarin because there may be interactions.
Any Liporidex MAX Reviews From Customers?
There is plenty of customer feedback for Liporidex MAX and this covers a wide spectrum of opinion. Many people appear to be extremely satisfied with this supplement although as ever there is a very mixed bag of opinion and some negative experiences.
Here is a typical positive comment;
I have been taking Liporidex MAX for 2 months and have lost a few pounds so far. I feel like my appetite has decreased and I have a bit more control over my diet. I love that there any no negative side effects
Another customer reported that it did not work but she met with good customer service from the company;
I personally can say that this product didn’t work, I felt still hungry and with no energy. I spoke with one of the representatives of the product and I can seriously say that I had the best customer services, we also talk about what happened and why this product didn’t work for me… remember we all have different metabolism.
According to one customer;
it works in the beginning but your body gets used to it
So Does Liporidex MAX Work?
It does seem to work for some people. There are just too many positive reviews to dismiss it and although the ingredients profile is a inadequate, this supplement obviously works for some.
The customer service team seem very good with even customers who were disappointed with the product, pleased by the friendly and prompt company response to complaints. We have seen worse products and even if this supplement does not work, at least the company are polite about it.
Where Can I Buy Liporidex MAX?
The best place to buy Liporidex MAX is via Amazon.com because it is slightly cheaper than the price offered from the Liporidex website, plus you do not have to join and register to be able to buy.
A month’s supply of 72 tablets costs $44.99 and includes free shipping to US addresses.
If you are an international customer, you will have to contact the company to find out about their shipping charges. Liporidex MAX is not available direct to customers outside the USA.
What About A Guarantee
There is a 90-day money back guarantee on offer. You can find details via the Liporidex website but it looks very good. The information states:
If you aren’t 100% satisfied with Liporidex within 90 days, we’ll issue you a refund – no questions asked. Simply return the unused portion to us after sending us a brief email notification.
Liporidex MAX looks pretty good. We are impressed by the high number of positive customer reviews, we also like the fact that the customer service department seems helpful. The guarantee looks good too.
The downside is that when it comes down to it, we can’t see how it will really help you lose weight. The ingredients profile is not very transparent but even so, it is obvious that there are not very high quantities of anything contained in this supplement. Some of the ingredients are unproven too and may be potentially dangerous to health.
There are also a lot of medical conditions that appear to be affected by Liporidex MAX and if you have an undiagnosed medical condition, it may cause side effects. This is pointed out by the company advertising but still may cause a problem.
We feel that the inadequate ingredients profile lets this supplement down and maybe if we had this knowledge, our verdict would have been different.