Find out the truth about HCG for weight loss and if LDD Diet Drops could work for you!
Liquid Diet Drops Pros
- Pill and injection free weight loss solution
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Some good reviews
Liquid Diet Drops Cons
- Must be used with a strict very low calorie diet
- Health concerns with the LDD protocol diet plan
- Lacks clinical data to backup claims
- Fairly expensive
Liquid Diet Drops Review
Liquid Diet Drops Facts
- Legal alternative to HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) drops
- Available exclusively from Evolution Slimming
- Must follow a strict very low calorie diet (VLCD) to work
To start off our review we went to Evolution Slimming who is the authorised stockist of LDD Diet Drops. They sent us a sample that revealed this supplement to be a fairly small bottle that uses a pipette, which we later found very useful when taking it!
Looking more like a product you would see used by homeopathic practitioners, it’s important to mention that this supplement is not the same as hCG products that have been labelled as such. LDD Diet Drops is a safe, hormone-free alternative to the hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) drops. They do not contain ANY hormones, is not a homeopathic remedy and does not require any injections.
For LDD Diet Drops to work you are required to follow a diet plan called the “LDD Protocol”, which is split into three phases and lasts 44 days in total. During each phase you have a set number of calories you are allowed to eat.
We should point out that we tried following the LDD Protocol but failed. It’s a strict regime and is not for everyone. To follow it you need to be very disciplined and motivated to succeed. More on the LDD protocol later in our review.
There has been a crackdown on over the counter hCG products by FDA and FTC in the US, with several companies receiving warning letters that they are selling unapproved drugs with unsupported claims! Our recent review of HCG Platinum highlights the problems encountered by manufacturers of HCG supplements by these government agencies.
Liquid Diet Drops Concerns:
- Required to undertake a strict Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) to work
- Side effects and health concerns with following very low calorie diets
- Fairly expensive
What Does Liquid Diet Drops Claim To Do?
The product has strong claims, suggesting you can get the same results as the hormonal HCG products, safely and legally!
And that by taking LDD Diet Drops:
You won’t feel hungry or lack energy whilst using the LDD as it helps to suppress the appetite and provide energy.
Your body will use the stored fats from your body as an energy source whilst helping you lose weight fast.
It is not clear whether the manufacturers are suggesting LDD Diet Drops has shown these results or if referring to other products on the market, when they say…
American users of diet drops have reported weight loss of up to 1lb per day in some stages.
LDD Diet Drops, in-conjunction with the LDD Protocol, claims to work by restricting calorie intake and forcing your body to use your stored fats as energy.
So What Are Liquid Diet Drops?
Liquid Diet Drops or LDD Diet Drops as its also known is available in the UK exclusively through Evolution Slimming. It’s one of the newest pill free solutions to fast weight loss that claims to be safe and guarantee great results.
The drops contain a mix of non-essential amino acids that trigger the hypothalamus to breakdown body fat as its main fuel, whilst preserving lean muscle tissue. Combined with a very low calorie diet, Liquid Diet Drops is suggested to give you a lean and healthy appearance.
How to Take Liquid Diet Drops and the LDD Protocol
The semi-lucent blue bottle contains 2 fluid ounces (60ml) enough for one months supply. You take two dosages of Liquid Diet Drops per day, once in the morning and once in the evening.
To take LDD you place 20 diet drops under the tongue using the pipette keeping the drops in your mouth for between 10-30 seconds whilst the drops disperse.
The LDD Protocol is split into three distinct phases; the Loading (2 days), Maintenance (21 days) and Stabilization (21 days) phases. Each phase specifies the calorie intake requirement and the diet drop dosage to be taken. The protocol must be followed in order for LDD Diet Drops to work.
The LDD diet plan should be high in lean proteins, low-carbs and low in saturated fats in order to get the maximum results.
LDD Protocol Diet Plan
What Are The Ingredients For Liquid Diet Drops?
The formula in LDD is completely hormone free and essentially consists of natural amino acids. The full ingredient profile is not revealed, but each serving provides 160mg of the following active ingredients.
- L-Ornithine – Amino acid that plays a central role in the urea cycle (also known as Ornithine cycle), which is the biochemical reactions that produces urine.
- L-Carnitine – Mimics the affects of HCG that has been clinically proven to increase the metabolism of fats. The amount of fat released is increased meaning you can potentially burn more fat.
- L-Arginine – An amino acid important for healing wounds, immune function, release of hormones, removing ammonia from the body. Supplementation has been suggested to decrease blood pressure and reduce healing time.
- L-Glutamine – A non-essential amino acid that has to help reduce recovery time after physical activity. Also plays a role within the stomach and immune system to maintain optimal health.
- Maca – Also known as Lepidium meyenii, a herbaceous biennial plant native to Peru and Bolivia and used for centuries by the local people. The health effects studied suggest positive benefits for energy, mood, anxiety levels and increase sexual desire.
- Niacin (Vitamin B3) – A vitamin helps reduce cholesterol and number of other positive health benefits.
- Pygeum Africanum – Bark extracted from the large evergreen tree native to southern Africa. Mostly commonly used for the treatment of reducing the symptoms of enlarged prostate suffered by men as they grow older.
- Beta-Alanine – Another non-essential amino acid that helps to increase the production of Carnosin, which has been suggested to help increase sport performance and delay or prevent lactic acid build up during exercise.
- Rhodiola – Also called “Golden Root”, a plant that grows in cold climates. Studies have shown it may be effective for improving mood and alleviating depression, along with improving physical and mental performance and reducing recovery.
- Astragalus – Used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for centuries to help protect the body against both physical and emotional stress. An antioxidant that could help boosts immune system, reduce blood pressure and have anti-inflammatory properties.
So What Does All This Mean?
After looking at the ingredients we were unsure if we are looking at a sports recovery supplement or a weight loss aid?
Many of the ingredients listed are non-essential amino acids that seem to promote improved recovery after exercise, and so are available separately as supplements by sports nutritional retailers.
A few of the ingredients may promote increased fat release and help to promote the use of fats for energy.
Do Liquid Diet Drops Have Any Side Effects?
You should not take this supplement if you are currently taking any medications without speaking first to your doctor. This is especially applies for pregnant or nursing mothers, children under the age of 18, and individuals with a known medical condition.
You are advised to drink plenty of water and to take a multivitamin supplement whilst using LDD Diet Drops and following the LDD Protocol.
Caution: Very low calorie diets (VLCD) are not suitable for everyone!
Short term use can cause side effects such as fatigue, constipation, nausea, and diarrhea. More serious side effects such as gallstones can also occur.
Any Liquid Diet Drops Reviews From Customers?
At the time of writing this review there are 13 consumer reviews, most of who give LDD diet drops positive feedback.
Whilst they report weight loss whilst using the diet drops there are frequent comments, such as:
if you got guts to stick to youll see some incredible results
looks hard to stick to but isnt after a while
Some consumers have reported on the somewhat expensive cost of the supplement too!
So Do Liquid Diet Drops Work?
If you have no problem following the LDD Protocol, which includes eating less than 500 calories for 21 days then MAYBE LDD diet drops can work for you!
We could find no clinical data to support the weight loss claims made.
The ingredients in LDD Diet Drops are mostly non-essential amino acids that may help muscle regeneration. Considering the quantities available per serving (around 160mg) there is unlikely to be sufficient quantities to do much of this!
There is simply NO PROOF that adding regular doses of LDD Diet Drops in-conjunction with a 500 calorie a day diet is any better than just dieting alone.
Stephen Barrett, a retired American psychiatrist who runs a number of consumer health websites, is reported in webmd.com the following:
the protocol as extreme, nearly impossible to adhere to, and senseless, especially because the clinical trials have demonstrated that hCG is ineffective as a weight loss aid.
Where Can I Buy Liquid Diet Drops?
Liquid Diet Drops (LDD) is only available online from Evolution Slimming.
This is one of most expensive supplements we have seen, one bottle of 2Fl. Oz (60ml) costs a fairly expensive £49.95 ($78) although this appears to be reduced from £69.95 ($110).
This includes a free 7-day diet plan and as with all Evolution Slimming products a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Find out more: Evolution Slimming
Watch Dog Verdict
It’s important to highlight that to see results you must follow a very low calorie diet when taking Liquid Diet Drops.
There are some serious health concerns of undertaking a very low calorie diet; they are difficult to stick too and not suitable for everyone.
Positive weight loss results seen whilst taking LDD diet drops is likely to be from the strict calorie reduction the programme requires. So by following the LDD protocol WITHOUT the drops could give you the same results without paying nearly £2 (3$) per day! You are more likely to be wasting your money.
There are a number of dodgy HCG supplements on the market (just take a look at HCG Platinum!!!), Liquid Diet Drops is not one of these, and it’s available through a reputable retailer. The fact is you will only see results by following the very strict diet plan that requires you consume just 500-750 calories per day. If you have ever followed a restrictive diet before you will know how difficult this is!
The lack of credible clinical evidence, strictness of the regime and the cost means we reject LDD diet drops.