Here at diet pills watchdog we are incredibly sceptical about any product that does not reveal its ingredients to the prospective purchaser. After all, the ingredients are the most important part of a diet pill, as it determines how well the product works, if at all.
- Some positive customer reviews
- Company does not reveal ingredients
- No support for claims
- Customers claim some reviews are faked
maXreduce Extreme Fat Burner Review
- Manufactured by Advanta Supplements in the USA
- 60 capsules per bottle at $35 per bottle
- Questions raised about the reviews
As the name suggests maXreduce Extreme Fat Burner is marketed as a fat burner that is produced by Advanta Supplements, who’s website at the time of the review appears to be missing a lot of content!
Marketed predominantly on Amazon, MaXreduce extreme fat burner writes the following evasive statement: “Ingredients: Patent-Pending Diet Pill Formula Based On Over 120 Scientific Studies”.
When we contacted Advanta Supplements, posing as a customer, requesting an ingredients list, our request was ignored. This is an example of poor customer service as well as meaning that we could not verify the ingredients of this diet pill officially. The only indication we have of what the ingredients may be is a customer reply to an Amazon question on the matter.
According to the customer support person at Advanta Supplements, the ingredients are:
Hoodia cactus powder, caralluma fimbriata (extract), glucomanna, green tea (50% extract), theobromine (98%), guarana (3% extract providing 17mg naturally occurring caffeine) , cha de burge(herb powder), maca extract (0.6% macamides), L-theanine, Banaba (1% extract), pomegranate powder, gugglesterone Other ingredients: gelatin, rice powder, magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide
We are presuming these are based upon the information on the label. We go into more detail on what these ingredients are and how they work below.
When we looked for customer reviews for MaXreduce Extreme Fat Burner, we found nearly 600 on Amazon alone. It appears that in the past Advanta Supplements offered a scheme to supply their product in exchange for a review. This may explain why so many of these reviews are not marked as verified purchases from Amazon.
The recommended dose for MaXreduce Extreme Fat Burner is one capsule in the morning. The makers of the diet pill claim that the effects of it last for 12-14 hours, but they do state that if required, users can take another tablet in the early afternoon. However, this does increase the chances of insomnia and other side effects. The other alternative is to take 2 pills together in the morning. The maximum dose is 2 capsules per day.
maXreduce Extreme Fat Burner Concerns:
- Poor support – No reply from customer services
- Company does not reveal ingredients
- Significant number of poor customer reviews
What Does maXreduce Extreme Fat Burner Claim To Do?
MaXreduce Extreme Fat Burner makes some dramatic but still vague claims about its weight loss capabilities. The official website states:
MaXreduce is the most powerful diet pill available without a prescription.
It not only contains the most powerful appetite suppressant available, but also provides amazing energy that shreds pounds away.
This patent pending formula is based on over 120 different scientific studies. Together these ingredients produce amazing weight loss results because together they attack the whole problem.
MaXreduce does not simply destroy your appetite, but also gives you more energy, more focus, and cleanses your body of toxins.
You are literally minutes away from ending your life long struggle with your weight. Over the next few weeks, your body is going to start to transform itself into the body you always dreamed of having.
With this sort of description provided for a diet pill, it is definitely a tempting purchase. However, we have uncovered a number of different problems with MaXreduce Extreme Fat Burner.
So What Is maXreduce Extreme Fat Burner and What Are The Ingredients?
According to Advanta supplements, the ingredients of MaXreduce extreme fat burner are “Patent-Pending Diet Pill Formula Based On Over 120 Scientific Studies”. A customer from amazon had left the following ingredients list, although we could not confirm it with Advanta supplements.
- Hoodia cactus powder: This plant extract was eaten traditionally in the South African bush to stave off hunger, but there is almost no clinical evidence that actually proves that it works. The largest study in humans only used 7 participants, making research preliminary and inconclusive at best.
- Caralluma fimbriata (extract): This cactus like plant from India was traditionally chewed by tribe members to reduce hunger during long hunts. In its extracted form it is thought to reduce appetite.
- Glucomannan: This fibre comes from the root of konjac, a plant native to Asia. The powder absorbs water upon contact and becomes gel-like in consistency; it not only helps to fill the stomach, but slows down digestion, meaning that the dieter can go for longer before feeling hungry again. Because digestion is slowed, sugars enter the blood stream at a more even rate, and so blood sugar levels remain more stable after eating. This helps to prevent a sugar crash and so may reduce food cravings. There are numerous studies that show glucomannan use leads to weight loss without making any other changes.
- Green tea (50% extract): Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a very low calorie diet.
- Theobromine (98%): Theobromine is usually found in chocolate, and has a mild stimulant effect. It is similar in structure to caffeine, but much milder. Research is dated and showed that Theobromine did not cause fat loss in mice.
- Guarana (3% extract providing 17mg naturally occurring caffeine): A berry that is naturally high in caffeine, it is often an ingredient in energy drinks and diet pills. Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
- Cha de bugre (herb powder): Despite a lack of clinical trials or definite medical knowledge about this plant from Brazil, it is often used in Brazilian diet pills for appetite suppression.
- Maca extract (0.6% macamides): Whilst it is best used to treat erectile dysfunction, maca root is also used to boost the rate of muscle growth.
Source: WebMD Resource
- L-theanine: This amino acid is found in green tea, and may play a small role in weight loss, as well as increasing feelings of relaxation. It may also reduce the negative side effects of caffeine, although there is seemingly no clinical evidence to support this claim.
- Banaba (1% extract): This plant extract may help to lower blood sugar levels, which may help with weight loss efforts.
- Pomegranate powder: Dried and powdered pomegranate has been under-researched. However, pomegranate juice has been linked with lowered blood sugar levels and reduced weight gain compared to a placebo in one study in obese participants. This is all still preliminary.
- Guggulesterone: Guggulesterone, also known Guggul, is made from the sap of a tree native to India. Currently, evidence that Guggul is useful for weight loss is preliminary, with mixed results from the few trials already conducted upon it, with some suggesting that Guggul has no effect upon weight loss, whilst other suggest its effect is moderate.
Source: WebMD Resource
So What Does All This Mean?
The ingredients list contains no quantities, which makes it difficult to speculate how well this product and each of its ingredients may work. However, the product does have three different fibre based appetite suppressing ingredients, hoodia, glucomannan and caralluma fimbriata.
Depending upon the ingredient quantities, these could suppress the appetite in the few hours following the consumption of the diet pill. There is also green tea, a known thermogenic fat burner, and a small amount of caffeine from guarana. However, many of the other ingredients are under-researched or have little evidence that they make any difference in weight loss attempts.
Does maXreduce Extreme Fat Burner Have Any Side Effects?
MaXreduce fat burner contains various ingredients that have been under-researched, and so it is possible that there are as yet unknown side effects of the diet pill. Glucomannan is a fibrous ingredient which swells in the stomach, and so could cause gas, flatulence, constipation, stomach cramps or diarrhoea.
The product also contains some caffeine. Whilst this is a small amount compared to many diet pills and even compared to a cup of coffee, it is possible that caffeine can cause headaches, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, increased urination, jitteriness, dehydration, sleep disturbances and insomnia. Customers should remember that this product is a source of caffeine, and regulate their caffeine intake from other sources such as teas, coffee, and energy drinks.
There are several different ingredients that may have a stimulant effect upon the body. Side effects of these can include increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, heart palpitations and increased sweating.
Customers have reported some side effects from the use of MaXreduce Extreme Fat Burner. These include nausea, sickness, insomnia, stomach pains, jitteriness, increased sweating, and an increased heart rate, racing heartbeat, diarrhoea, headaches and dehydration.
Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Any maXreduce Extreme Fat Burner Reviews From Customers?
There are nearly 600 reviews of this product on Amazon at the time of writing this review. Reviews are incredibly mixed, with some people loving the product, describing it as wonderful, whilst others state that it had no effect upon them, effectively being just a placebo product.
I was really pleased at first, but after about four days my system adjusted to the product and I had no appetite suppression and no weight loss. It may work better for others.
Don’t work !!!!! gave me diarrhoea !!!! I’m in the bathroom all night feel nauseated and have not lost any weight , I hate this product..
Fast shipping and no issues… But the product itself, did not work and it’s a dud :’( I wasn’t feeling anything! So I had my wife try it (she is very sensitive to stuff like this) and sadly, she didn’t feel anything either… Complete disappointment and will never buy this again…
We have had to be a bit more careful when considering the positive reviews of this product, considering that the company used to offer free or sample products in exchange for a review. There are also some comments from reviewers suggesting that other reviews are faked.
I really like this product. It gives me energy without being irritable. I have a heart condition and have not experienced any issues while taking this product. I have received many compliments regarding being smaller in my mid section. I have received an email for a coupon to purchase this product again and I definitely will. Thank you
works amazing! used it for 3 weeks every single day with an exercise routine and I was losing 3 pounds a week. I did an experiment where I stopped using it for two weeks but kept my exercise routine and only lost 1 pound a week. I highly recommend this! (and no amazon did not write this themselves…I am a real person I promise)
So Does maXreduce Extreme Fat Burner Work?
Reviews are incredibly mixed on whether or not this product works to aid weight loss, suppress the appetite and increase energy and fat burning in the body. Even some of the people who feel a suppression of appetite and more energy fail to actually lose any weight. Add in the consideration that an undetermined number of the positive reviews for this product were written in exchange for a free bottle of the product, and it is hard to trust the claims made by the company about its amazing weight loss capability.
Where Can I Buy maXreduce Extreme Fat Burner?
MaXreduce Extreme Fat Burner can be purchased from amazon.com, or from the manufacturer’s website, which at the current time of writing this review is incomplete and missing all it’s images.
At both websites, the product comes in bottles of 60 capsules and costs $35, plus delivery. On Amazon, the bottles are on a buy 2, get 1 free offer.
What About A Guarantee
Advanta supplements have a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee on their products. If a customer is unsatisfied with the product they have purchased, it can be returned. We were unable to find any terms and conditions related to the money-back guarantee though, so we would suggest caution.
If purchased through Amazon then its unlikely a money-back guarantee policy will be available.
The fact that MaXreduce Extreme Fat Burner tries as hard as possible to conceal their ingredients sends up serious warning signals about this product. The ingredients are supposedly supported by over 120 clinical trials, but they provide no links at all to any of these trials, nor mention what ingredients are, even in passing. The only ingredients lists we have found have been on Amazon, as posted by customers. Even some older reviews list different ingredients, or suggest that the website used to include a list of ingredients.
Whatever the actual ingredients are, hiding the ingredients list and making huge but vague claims about the diet pill is misleading the customer, as well as potentially dangerous, as customers will not know if they are sensitive or allergic to any of the ingredients.
The product description never mentions any potential side effects, and yet there are numerous customers who have reported a wide range of side effects. The ingredients (or what we believe to be the ingredients), are a mix of under-researched ingredients, and mildly effective ingredients of unknown quantities. The best thing about this product is that Advanta Supplements, who manufacture MaXreduce, have offered a money back guarantee. However, based on the lack of response from customer services when we emailed asking for an ingredients list, obtaining a refund could be a long process.
Overall, some people have found weight loss success with this fat burner, but we cannot recommend it, or the company that manufacturers it – we reject MaXreduce Extreme Fat Burner.