Today we look at MAN Scorch, to see if it lives up to the claims made by the manufacturer.
Man Scorch Pros
- Some clinically proven fat burning ingredients
- Money back guarantee
Man Scorch Cons
- Risk of wide range of side effects
- Some ingredients have never been tested in humans
- Dosage is 6 capsules per day
Man Scorch Review
Man Scorch Facts
- Manufactured by MAN Sports
- 168 capsules per bottle-28 day supply
- Stimulant fat burner
MAN Scorch is a fat burner manufactured by MAN Sports, an American supplement manufacturer. The company can be contacted in a number of ways, including using the contact box on the website.
MAN Sports also provide a contact phone number: P 1(866) 343-7680.
The only address provided by the company is a PO Box, rather than their actual office location. The location of the PO Box suggests that the company are based in Mesquite, Texas, but in the past we have seen PO Boxes being registered as far as 50 miles away from the company headquarters.
MAN Sports P.O.
Mesquite, TX 75150
How to Take Man Scorch
As a dietary supplement take 3 Thermo-Caps twice daily on an empty stomach, preferably first thing in the morning and in the afternoon.
Separate each dose of Scorch™ by at least 4 hours. Do not take past 4:00 PM as it may interfere with sleep.
Individuals sensitive to stimulants may want to begin usage with 1 to 2 Thermo-Caps 1 to 2 times daily to assess their tolerance.
Use for no longer than 8 weeks straight, followed by an off period of at least 2 weeks before resuming use.
Man Scorch Concerns:
- Risk of wide range of side effects
- Some ingredients have never been tested in humans
- High dose of caffeine
What Does Man Scorch Claim To Do?
MAN Scorch is described by the manufacturer as a potent fat burner that;
is guaranteed to make getting in shape easier than ever.
So What Is Man Scorch and What Are The Ingredients for Man Scorch?
The quantities below are per serving of three capsules. Consumers should remember that the recommended dose is to take two servings of 3 capsules each day, and so the numbers provided below should be doubled for a daily total figure.
- Lean Green™ Green Tea SE (250mg) (90% Catechins, 60% EGCG): Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a high calorie diet.
- P2™ Oolong Tea SE (250mg) (30% Polymerized Polyphenols, 10% EGCG): Oolong tea is a partially fermented tea made from the same plant that black and green teas are made from. Studies have suggested that the caffeine and antioxidants found in Oolong tea improve lipid metabolism in the body, and that chronic consumption of oolong tea could decrease body fat content and reduce body weight by a small amount.
- Caffeine USP (200mg): Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
- PEA (Phenylethylamine) (150mg): This ingredient is derived from the amino acid phenylalanine. It is thought to increase alertness, aid in concentration and focus, and may also enhance mood, which are all arguably traits that dieters need help with in succeeding with their weight loss attempts.
- Isobutyryl Thiamine Disulfide (150mg): Also known as sulbutiamine (not to be confused with Sibutramine), this synthetic molecule is a variation of Thiamine. Preliminary studies have shown that it may decrease fatigue compared to a placebo.
- RK™ Raspberry Ketones (125mg): Raspberry ketone is the part of a raspberry (and other fruits) that provides the distinctive smell of raspberries. Whilst it can be extracted from the fruit, especially for use in food flavourings and perfume production, it is much cheaper to synthesize it in a lab, especially for the large quantities that are required for use in raspberry ketone supplements. Whilst there is a small amount of evidence that raspberry ketone can cause weight loss in rats, there have never been any human trials on the potential weight loss effects of raspberry ketone. The safety of using such large quantities of raspberry ketone has also never been fully researched.
- Evodiamine 99% (50mg): When used in extract form, rather than as a part of the Evodia Fruit, Evodiamine is not absorbed into the blood stream very well at all. One study in mice noted a small reduction in fat mass on mice and decreases in weight (-10.3% relative to control) and increased thermogenesis; this suggests evodiamine may aid weight loss, provided it is provided in a form that can be efficiently absorbed into the blood stream.
- Ginger Root SE (5% Gingerols & Shogaols) (50mg): Some studies suggest that ginger root is an appetite suppressant. One study used dried ginger powder to make a tea that participants drank with breakfast. Researchers found that satiety levels were much higher when the tea was consumed with breakfast, rather than just the breakfast on its own.
- Synephrine 99% (20mg): A review of numerous studies concluded that use of synephrine resulted in an increase to the participants resting metabolic rate and energy expenditure, and moderate weight loss was seen in studies lasting over 6 weeks. However, there are some concerns about its safety being under-researched and the numerous side effects that have been associated with it.
- Bioperine® (5mg): This patented Black pepper extract is used for increasing the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. In other words, it increases the amounts of nutrients that are absorbed into the body in the digestive tract. It may also increase the absorption of various drugs, which may lead to potential side effects.
So What Does All This Mean?
There are several stimulant ingredients that are thought to increase thermogenesis in the body and increase fat burning; these include green tea, oolong tea, synephrine and caffeine. Each of these has a different strength, with some being more likely to cause side effects than others. Raspberry Ketone has never been tested in humans, and so there is no guarantee that it will work to aid weight loss as claimed- however, future studies will hopefully prove this one way or another.
Synephrine, on the other hand, has been clinically proven to aid weight loss, but can cause a wide range of side effects, and its safety has been questioned by the Mayo Clinic.
Evodiamine is unlikely to be effective in a supplement form because of its lack of bioavailability. Isobutyryl Thiamine Disulfide may help to reduce fatigue, which is useful for those who exercise regularly, but otherwise has little use for weight loss.
Does Man Scorch Have Any Side Effects?
There are numerous ingredients in this diet pill that can cause various side effects.
Side effects associated with caffeine include headaches, anxiety, increased urination, jitteriness, dehydration, increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, heart palpitations and insomnia. Caffeine in turn enhances the effects of synephrine, which carries its own set of side effects, including increased heart rate and increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, fainting, and even heart attack and stroke in healthy patients.
Bioperine is known to increase the absorption of numerous medications, which can lead to accidental overdose when taking normally safe doses. It may also increase the effects, both good and bad, of the other ingredients in this diet pill.
Keep out of the reach of children.
This product is not to be used by individuals under the age of 18, the elderly, pregnant women, or those with or predisposed to high blood pressure or any cardiovascular problems.
Do not use with alcohol or anti-depressants or MAO Inhibitors.
Any Man Scorch Reviews From Customers?
There are numerous reviews of this product, thanks to it being sold on numerous websites that actively encourage consumers to leave reviews. Whilst there are some negative reviews, average rankings indicate that the majority of reviewers like the product.
Gives me energy without burnout. I have enough energy to workout and still go to work. Best fat burner ever can’t wait for spring break!!!
Love this stuff. I’m on my 5th bottle. I started taking this stuff a year ago at 235lbs with very high bodyfat% and today weigh 160lbs at 10% body fat. In 12 months I lost 75lbs. Now my loss is mainly due to proper diet, nutrition and regular exercise yet I don’t believe I would have made it here without scorch, this stuff gave me the energy I needed to go to the gym when I was feeling lazy and go above and beyond and really push myself at the gym I’m sure this sped up my weight loss results. I get all hyped up on this stuff, If you like feeling an energy high then this stuff is for you.
Epic Fail!! For starters, I’m not a workout nut or in any kind of great shape. I typically do 1/2 hour of cardio approx 4 days a week and dont typically eat more than 2500 calories a day. I’m 5’11″, 195#. I got this on a Friday and started using it the next morning. After taking 3 capsules and waiting a 1/2 hour or so, I did my normal cardio workout and I felt great. It must have been my mind playing games on me, because I’ve been taking it as directed for close to 3 weeks now without any results. No weight loss, no appetite suppression, no extra energy. In fact, I would swear it’s had a reverse effect. I’m str****ling to get motivated to work out and I’m eating more. Perhaps it’s from burning calories, but my weight has not changed.
Based on other reviews, I stacked this along with the product Vaporize (also from MAN). I took 1 bottle of each until completed and lost 0 lbs. Beginning/ending weight 215 lbs. Complete waste of money. Did make me constipated though!
I do not want to give a rating yet seeing as its only been 2 days but I will say I love the fact that the energy I get does not make me twitchy or jittery. I just feel awake and I love that I don’t crash after, but just feel naturally tired when I’m suppose to feel tired and that’s at night right before bed. Hopefully the weight will decrease as well as I continue to exercise. So for now though, the energy I’m getting is enough to give it a 10, I’m just hoping it’ll stay a 10.
I have now used the product for a week – I have used all sorts of other supplements like COQ10, caffeine tabs, energy drinks – which frankly did very little other than either bloat me or give me a headache. This product is a seriously good – a few tips – when starting use 2 tablets not 3 as specified on the box – Im 18st – & that is plenty – take an hour before exercise. work out at a medium pace until you start to sweat at that point slowly increase the pace & resistance of the exercise – you will surprise yourself – seriously – awesome product!
So Does Man Scorch Work?
Overall, it seems that the majority of customers are happy with MAN Scorch, reporting increased weight loss and a noticeable energy boost.
Whilst some of the ingredients may cause side effects, a large proportion of them are clinically proven to boost weight loss through fat burning, at least mildly. There are some of the ingredients that have little or no clinical research in humans to support them, such as raspberry ketone and Evodiamine.
There is also evidence that Evodiamine may not be absorbed into the bloodstream when not part of the whole fruit, and so this ingredient may be useless in this diet pill.
Where Can I Buy Man Scorch?
Man Scorch is available from several different online retailers, as well as direct from the manufacturers, MAN Sports. Customers shopping at mansports.com will find a single bottle costs $39.99, but there is a 100% money back guarantee.
http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/ sell a single bottle for £25.95, and offer discounts for bulk purchases. Bodybuilding.com offer Man Scorch for $27.98 per bottle. Ukfatburners.com offer a single bottle for £28.99 with free UK shipping.
There are 168 capsules per bottle, which may seem like a lot until the daily dosing is considered; each serving is 3 capsules, with the customer being instructed to take two servings per day. This means that a single bottle will last 28 days.
What About A Guarantee
According to the official MAN Sports website, there is a 100% money back guarantee from all products purchased through the official site:
At MAN Sports, we are supremely confident that you’ll love our products. We receive a countless number of testimonials from satisfied customers every day. If for whatever reason you are not satisfied with any product bearing our name, simply return it to us with your receipt for a quick & courteous refund.
Overall, Man Scorch does seem to be a fairly effective fat burner, with some good reviews from consumers. However, there are a few ingredients that can cause a wide range of side effects, notably synephrine- the Mayo Clinic has recommended that dieters avoid this ingredient because the risks outweigh the benefits in their opinion.
There is a lack of research for some of the ingredients, and Evodiamine may not even reach the bloodstream, making it completely ineffective for weight loss. The stimulant ingredients and the use of Bioperine means that there is a long list of people who should not take this diet pill, including those who are taking prescribed medications and anyone with high blood pressure or cardiac related health issues.
Some customers may find it frustrating to have to take 6 capsules per day, but at least they are only split across two doses. For a month’s supply, the product is a fairly average price, although consumers who purchase the product without looking at the dosage will probably be disappointed that a single bottle will not last for longer.
On a positive note, the company does offer a money back guarantee. MAN Sports are not the cheapest retailer to buy this product through, and so consumers should double check the individual returns policies of other retailers before deciding to make a purchase.
Overall, this product does look promising and be effective at increasing the rate of weight loss, but there are too many concerns for us to recommend it to readers in general.