So can Maximuscle’s best selling weight loss supplement really deliver?
Maximuscle Thermobol Pros
- Full ingredient profile
- Reputable company
- Good consumer feedback
- Money-back guarantee (conditions do apply)
Maximuscle Thermobol Cons
- Aimed at sportsmen and women not so much the dieter
- High in caffeine
- Reported side effects
Maximuscle Thermobol Review
Maximuscle Thermobol Facts
- Manufactured by Maximuscle, a trading name for GlaxoSmithKline UK Ltd
- Producing Sports Nutrition supplements since 1995
- Endorsed by numerous World Class Athletes
Familiar to many people who spend time training, Maximuscle are a UK company who have a reputation second to none. Starting in 1995 they have become one of the most well known supplement companies in the UK and have bought sports nutrition to the main stream.
With a number of branded sites from the main corporate Maximuscle site to the Maxishop online retail shop, this company have strong brands that are familiar to most sports men and women.
We’re looking at one brand in particular, Maximuscle Thermobol that is clearly aimed at sports men and women looking promote weight loss and that leaner physique.
As expected we could find no scams or rip-off reports for either Maximuscle the company or the Thermobol product itself.
Each bottle contains 90 capsules and is designed to last one month. The recommended daily serving is 3 capsules to be taken throughout the day. With the level caffeine content in each capsule we would suggest not taking after 3pm.
Watch Kelly’s video review of Thermobol
Maximuscle Thermobol Benefits
- Strong brand manufactured by the UK’s number one sports nutrition brand
- Potent ingredient profile that’s fully disclosed
- Lots of consumer feedback that is mostly positive
What Does Maximuscle Thermobol Claim To Do?
Thermobol is Maximuscle’s most popular weight loss supplement that…
Supports weight loss, definition and helps maintain a health metabolism
It does this by using…
ingredients have been proven in research to help mobilise and burn fat and help to increase fat loss when used alongside a sensible diet and exercise programme.
Thermobol not only helps to boost alertness and mental focus but contains a metabolic formula to help you achieve muscular definition.
So What Is Maximuscle Thermobol and What Are The Ingredients For Maximuscle Thermobol?
Consumers really need to be aware the high caffeine content. Maximuscle make no secret of the fact that it contains a fair amount of caffeine; in fact the full serving is 444mg of caffeine per day.
The ingredient list is not for the faint-hearted. What you normally see in a daily serving in most other diet pills you get in just one Thermobol tablet!
This means that the ingredients are certainly potent and consequently could be too strong for some people.
The ingredient amounts listed below are for 1 capsule only. So you should be aware that the recommended daily consumption is 3 times the amounts listed below:
- Bitter Orange Peel (325mg): Also known as Citrus Aurantium and becoming one of the most popular weight loss ingredients to be seen in diet pills. It’s suggested to be as effective as ephedrine for boosting metabolism and suppressing appetite.
- L-Tyrosine (300mg): A non-essential amino acid l-tyrosine has had a number of claims behind it for helping with weight loss. Suggested to help in suppressing appetite and works to promote healthy thyroid function and improved, more efficient metabolism. It is said to work better when taken with certain B vitamins, which may explain the use of them in this product.
- Caffeine (148mg): A number of studies have found caffeine to improve alertness and to aid sports performance. Other benefits have been suggested to be boosting metabolism and suppressing appetite. The amounts here are fairly high, especially per day so we would exercise caution if stimulants affect you negatively.
- Green Tea extract (100mg): Another ingredient shown to promote increases in metabolism in sufficient amounts. There may be too little in here to really promote thermogenosis though as studies have shown over 400mg to be effective.
- Guarana Seed power (12mg): Said to contain a stronger acting form of caffeine albeit in smaller quantities that is released slowly to give sustained energy.
- Bioperine (5mg): Also know as Black Pepper extract. Helps to increase the rate of absorption of nutrients taken at the same time by up to 3 times.
- Chromium (67µg): Although popular in many diet pills its effectiveness has been questioned in a study that looked at varying amounts from 200 to 1,000mg a day, finding no significant benefits to body mass or composition.
- Cayenne extract (0.1mg): Studies have suggested when consumed in the correct amounts can increase body temperature helping to boost metabolism, leading to more calories being burnt. It’s unlikely they will have much effect in here though as the amounts are tiny.
- Selection of B Vitamins (B1, B5, B7, B12): Found in the recommended daily amounts and said to help with fat metabolism, energy in the body and work at the cellular level in the body.
So What Does All This Mean?
This supplement contains many of the essential B vitamins with lots of caffeine and ingredients seen in weight loss products.
The big difference though with Thermobol is the ingredient amounts. The daily serving size means you get potent amounts that should really help promote fat burning. This does come at a cost in that for some consumers it simply could be too much and the side effects outweigh the benefits.
Does Maximuscle Thermobol Have Any Side Effects?
Maximuscle clearly state that Thermobol contains a lot of caffeine. So you should probably avoid consuming additional caffeine whilst taking this supplement to avoid overdosing on caffeine.
Some consumers may find they suffer from jittery sensations, anxiety, insomnia, upset stomach and increased heart rate. If you suffer from any pre-existing medical conditions we would suggest speaking to your medical GP prior to taking this supplement.
Caution: This product does contain a lot of caffeine per serving of 3 capsules. If you’re sensitive to stimulants, especially caffeine, then this supplement may not be for you.
Any Maximuscle Thermobol Reviews From Customers?
There are lots of consumer reviews for Thermobol both on the official MaxiMuscle website and on Amazon.co.uk. At the time of writing this review 81 customers have reviewed Thermobol on Amazon giving it an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5 stars.
Whilst 60% of consumers were happy giving it 4 or more stars, clearly not everyone was satisfied as 20 consumers gave it a very poor 1 star. Most of the negative feedback relates to the high caffeine content and the possible associated side effects.
A recent report by a satisfied consumer reads..
This is by far the most intense energy pill I have ever taken. I am literally “wired” and jumping off the walls with energy within 20 minutes of taking this product. So, when taking this supplement…expect an insane amount of energy but also be prepared for the dreaded come down about 4-5 hours after taking.
So Does Maximuscle Thermobol Work?
Unlike many diet supplements, Thermobol contains potent ingredients in high amounts. Clearly the caffeine content is responsible for boosting alertness and concentration.
When used with a healthy diet plan and regular training programme that includes intense exercise, Thermobol should help to shift stubborn fat.
Consumers have testified to this supplement working although a fair number have reported some associated side effects.
Where Can I Buy Maximuscle Thermobol?
The obvious place to buy Thermobol is from the official Maxishop website that stock 90 capsules for £36.99 with free delivery. Purchasing through the official site means there is a money-back guarantee (see below) and that you can accrue MaxiRewards, which give you discounts on future purchases.
Thermobol is available on the high street at varying prices, so it may be worth shopping around.
What About a Guarantee?
There is a 40-day money-back guarantee but there are conditions.
Firstly you are required to use the product for 30 days as instructed whilst eating a healthy diet and sensible training programme. After which time you can send the original packaging with information on your training programme and meal plans for Maximuscle to review whether a full refund applies.
In terms of the refund itself they are based on the amount of the product used and so it’s unlikely that a full refund will be issued, especially considering you’re required to use the product for 30 days!
There is no denying that Thermobol is a high caffeine supplement that won’t agree with everyone. Those who can handle the high amount of stimulants have reported success whilst using it.
Manufactured by a reputable company, Maximuscle have a strong offline and online brand, they have a money-back guarantee and have customer support second to none. Consumers should be aware of the conditions associated with the money-back guarantee mentioned above though.
If you’re looking for a supplement that works in unison with your training, then Maximuscle’s Thermobol could be for you.