We have never seen a diet pill quite like MediEvil Excalibur Fat Burner and we had never considered that the days of King Arthur and his knights of the round table would be a suitable for advertising a diet pill. It is a fun image but the big question must be whether the supplement will actually do anything to help you lose weight. Even more importantly, is it safe?
MediEvil Fat Burner Pros
- Novel marketing
- Company upfront about ingredients and some of the potential side effects
MediEvil Fat Burner Cons
- Contains potentially too many stimulants
- No independent customer feedback
- No clinical evidence that it works
- Lacks money-back guarantee
MediEvil Fat Burner Review
MediEvil Fat Burner Facts
- Company behind this fat Burner is Black Knight Supplements
- Each bottle contains 90 capsules
- Long list of side effects associated with this supplement
MediEvil Excalibur Fat Burner is a fat burner that Black Knight Supplements the company behind this product, claim has a triple action.
- It raises the body temperature – helping you burn off added calories (thermogenesis)
- it helps to suppress your appetite so restricts your food intake
- It increases the speed of your metabolism helping you burn off calories faster than otherwise
These are typical attributes of all fat burners and the idea of this supplement is that you can use it as a pre training formula to enhance your work out or alternatively as a weight management aid in combination with a healthy diet and exercise regime. According to the sales pitch, Excalibur will give you hours of seamless energy and a great feel good factor.
The Excalibur Fat Burner information states that this supplement does not cause the usual fat burner side effects but looking at the ingredients list, we are struggling to understand why it shouldn’t.
Excalibur contains all the usual stimulants such as caffeine and Guarana as well as the potentially dangerous Bitter Orange, which is well known for increasing the heart rate and blood pressure, and is by no means suitable for everyone.
It also contains Green tea extract and L Tyrosine for an added stimulant effect.
MediEvil Excalibur is strong. Well done to the company for providing a full ingredients list plus some health warnings because they are quite open about the contents of the pills.
However, we do not agree with their claims that it is side effect free because we do feel that side effects will undoubtedly play a big part in the experience for many people.
MediEvil Excalibur is made by a company called Black Knight Supplements who have their head quarters in London. They are a fairly new business and first launched Excalibur Fat Burner in 2013.
The address is:
Suite 36 88-90 Hatton Garden
Holborn, LONDON. EC1N 8PG
Tel: 0330 022 9316
According to the company information, Excalibur was hailed as Sports Nutrition Product of the Year by Health and Fitness Magazine.
However Excalibur is endorsed by some real athletes including Oke Emere a body builder, Luke Barnett a Mixed Martial Arts Fighter and Tony Conquest a cruiser weight boxer. Kirsty Smith a personal Trainer and fitness athlete flags up Excalibur for the girls.
How to take MediEvil Excalibur Fat Burner
To use MediEvil Excalibur Fat Burner take one capsule first thing in the morning on an empty stomach an hour before eating. Take a break every 5-6 days a week to prevent you from building up a tolerance to the capsules. The recommended serving size is 1 or 2 capsules.
MediEvil Excalibur does not come in a normal bottle or packet like other supplements.
It comes in a fancy looking flask with gold lettering on a black background bearing the legend “Fat Burn Magic”.
It looks just like a some sort of medieval potion – the sort the Ye Olde Knights of Yore might carry around with them. Just the thing for taking with you on your next quest to hunt dragons.
The pills are fun too. They are black capsules with oldy worldy red lettering on them that reads MediEvil Fat Burner. It’s a little different, at least there is no chance in getting them mixed up with anything else.
MediEvil Fat Burner Concerns:
- People may abuse this supplement and take more capsules than recommended
- No independent customer feedback available. What does this supplement really feel like?
- No money-back guarantee
What Does MediEvil Fat Burner Claim To Do?
There are seven key points about the capsules.
- 100% Active ingredients – Up to 90 days use
- Made with high potency pharmaceutical grade nutrients
- Contains a triple digestive aid blend Trigesteze®
- Effective for pre-workout use
- Gelatine free capsule, suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- No preservatives, filling or packing agents
- Produced to strict GMP standards in the EU
The advertising states that;
Excalibur is possibly the world’s most effective thermogenic stimulator and pre-workout formula. Available now, feel the power beyond belief!
Here at the Watchdog we wish we had a dollar (euro or pound – we’re not fussy) for every supplement we saw
described as the World’s best!
The advertising does not provide any links to clinical evidence or any convincing proof that it works .
So What Is MediEvil Fat Burner and What Are The Ingredients For MediEvil Fat Burner?
MediEvil Excalibur Fat Burner is a very strong fat burning diet pill. Amounts given relate to each serving of one capsule.
- Green tea Extract (500mg): Clinical investigation has found that green tea has proven health benefits and the antioxidants (ECGC and polyphenols) found to have anti obesity and fat burning properties because of the effects upon the metabolism. According to some clinical investigation, Green tea combined with resistance training may lead to a decrease in body fat. Other clinical research suggests it combines well with caffeine.
- Bitter Orange 500mg: Bitter orange also known as Citrus Aurantium contains synephrine, which has an effect upon adrenaline and can put your body into a stressed fight or flight response. It raises the heart rate and increases blood pressure, which is potentially dangerous, and it can decrease the appetite by making you feel too stressed to eat. There are some potential dangers with taking this ingredient and it is linked to heart attacks and strokes.
- Guarana Extract (150mg): Native Brazilian bean, which contains higher amounts of caffeine than the coffee bean. This is the only active ingredient in Guarana and is here to provide added caffeine.
- L Tyrosine (300mg): This amino acid is believed to stimulate brain chemicals serotonin and dopamine and is sometimes taken to treat depression. Research suggests that taking 150mg will improve alertness after missing a night’s sleep for around three hours. Taking 300mg of L Tyrosine may keep you awake at night.
- L Carnitine (50mg): This amino acid helps the body convert fat into energy and is a natural substance produced in your kidneys and liver and stored in the muscles, heart and brain. Taking L Carnitine supplements can be effective for some medical conditions but there is no evidence that it helps with weight loss or boosts exercise performance.
- Caffeine (250mg): Most diet pills and ALL fat burners contain caffeine and there is some evidence that when combined with green tea extract, these ingredients may affect thermogenesis, and fat oxidation.
However, research is not definitive. Not all clinical studies agree with these findings and many clinicians agree that the claims for caffeine may be exaggerated. The average cup of instant coffee contains around 100mg so here in the equivalent of around 2 and a half cups.
- Capsicum (25mg): Also known as cayenne pepper and a familiar culinary spice. This dose is equal to approximately 5 teaspoons. Cayenne may be effective for weight loss when taken in high levels.
- Trigesteze (30mg): According to the MediEvil information Trigesteze is a unique formula designed to help the digestion. We cannot comment on whether this formula will help you but we do agree this formula is unique. MediEvil appear to be the only company who have ever mentioned it. There is no background to this so-called trademarked brand.
So What Does All This Mean?
MediEvil Excalibur Fat Burner is one of the stronger diet pills on the market but this does not mean it is good.
It will most likely cause side effects and the claims made by the company that that it is safe from jittery side effects are likely to be wrong. Many people are likely experience problems with taking this fat burner. The high levels of Bitter Orange are extremely worrying and this combined with lots of caffeine and L Tyrosine is probably going to leave you feeling very wired and on edge.
Although the advertising describes the effect as a “feel good factor” that provide you with “hours of seamless energy” the truth is that these effects will cause problems for people.
Even if you work out in the gym and are super fit, Bitter orange can have devastating consequences. There have been cases of young healthy people suffering heart attacks following the use of supplements containing this ingredient.
Does MediEvil Fat Burner Have Any Side Effects?
We were unable to find any customer reviews for this supplement so we cannot bring you any true-life experiences.
However, potential side effects may include:
- Sleep disturbances
- Elevated blood pressure
- Whooshing sound in ears (symptom of high blood pressure)
- Irregular heart beat
- Heart palpitations
- Increase heart rate
- Increased risk of heart attacks
- Increased risk of strokes
Caution: Do not take if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Black Knight Supplements advise you should not take MediEvil Excalibur Fat Burner if
you suffer from any pre-existing medical condition including (but not limited to): hypertension, heart, liver or thyroid disease, diabetes, asthma, stroke or if you are using an MAO inhibitor or any other prescription drug.
You are advised to reduce or discontinue use if excessive sleeplessness, tremors, dizziness, nervousness, headaches or heart palpitations occur. (This does not add up for the company’s earlier claims that this supplement doesn’t cause side effects!)
Any MediEvil Fat Burner Reviews From Customers?
We were unable to find one independent customer review for this supplement. There are testimonials listed on the product website but we were unable to find any elsewhere.
So Does MediEvil Fat Burner Work?
We think it will probably work as a stimulant but this will not necessary translate to lasting weight loss. Yes it may restrict your appetite by making you feel too stressed to eat and it may cause you bounce off the walls with all that nervous energy. Once you stop taking the pills, this weight will likely come back on.
Lastly a concern is that many people will be unable to take this supplement due to the long list of side effects.
Where Can I Buy MediEvil Fat Burner?
At the time of writing, you can only buy MediEvil Excalibur Fat Burner direct from the product website.
Each bottle contains 90 capsules (45 – 90 servings) so will last up to two months and costs £49.99
You can save on larger deals such as the 3 bottles for 2 offer for £99.98. You can also buy 2 capsule sachets of £2.49. There is a deal available where you can buy five sachets (10 capsules) for £ 9.96.
Shipping details and costs are not provided.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee on offer.
We love the novelty knight inspired advertising of this supplement but that is about all that we like about MediEvil Excalibur Fat Burner. This diet pill contains a lot of stimulants and this combined with the bitter orange may be dangerous for some users.
Even if you consider yourself healthy, these ingredients have been linked to causing heart attacks and strokes in otherwise young fit healthy people.
When it comes to weight loss, putting your body into stress mode may reduce your appetite but it is just not a healthy way to live. Once you stop taking the pills you will most likely put any lost weight straight back on.
For these reasons we are unable to recommend this supplement; we have no other option but to reject MediEvil Excalibur diet pills.